Director of "Suicide Squad" reveals Leto Joker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other than the forehead tattoo I can see it working.

And like others said, Joker has surprised us before.
This one might blow the waters with people as well.

They tried so hard, but in the end, it's fucking shit.

Well, let's just see what happens in the movie. I imagine it's still early enough in production that they can change certain things depending on how people react to leaked images.

I, too, am just going to wait until the movie trailers start coming out before starting to make up my mind. Sure, I don't really care for this version of the Joker, but it's hardly the whole movie and we've yet to actually see a scene with him to really get an idea of what to expect.

I remember when they announced Heath Ledger as the Joker in the Nolan trilogy and pretty much the universal reaction was "Pretty Australian boy can't act unless he's being a gay cowboy. He's like the worst thing that ever came out of Australia". Fast forward a few years, and his portrayal has near universal acclaim.

I like Jared Leto quite a bit, too. I remember him best from Lord of War as Nicholas Cage's cocaine addicted brother and that was a fantastic movie.

I would also like to take a moment here to remind everyone that super hero costumes in general are silly and borderline ridiculous for the most part, and I think a lot of the hate for this new look is just because it's not a consistent appearance to what everyone associates with the Joker.

I mean, I think it's pretty bad myself, but I kind of grew up with the idea that the Joker was a ridiculous character design anyways.

I still stand by the fact that that picture looks like Green Day's drummer. Jesus. That's not scary, that just smells like sellout.

I'm not a huge Jared Leto fan, and to me, no one can top Heath Ledger as Joker. But, I'll keep an open mind, because I also had the same opinion when I heard that Heath Ledger would be playing Joker, and his performance surpassed my expectations. I doubt Jared Leto will top him, but hopefully he'll do well enough.

I'm not a huge Jared Leto fan, and to me, no one can top Heath Ledger as Joker. But, I'll keep an open mind, because I also had the same opinion when I heard that Heath Ledger would be playing Joker, and his performance surpassed my expectations. I doubt Jared Leto will top him, but hopefully he'll do well enough.
It'll be tough but I figure we owe him to not try and draw a comparison. I don't think they are going for the same style Joker in this movie.

Reactions: Dervish
ASIDE: When is The Killing Joke going to become an animated feature? Mark Hamill has stated that that would be the only time he would come out of retirement to voice for the Joker. Now, Troy Baker has been doing a great job, and while he has the pitch and tone, he doesn't have Mark's subtle nuance. And really... a 60 minute The Killing Joke animated straight-to-DVD movie would be awesome.

• Love
Reactions: GhostJoker
Status
Not open for further replies.