Dipper Goes Partner Searching: The Prequel

Some edits have been made and fandoms updated.

Mostly looking for DC or Halo right now, thanks!

Last edited:

Dipper

???
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
Online Availability
Shake a tin of dice and tell me what numbers they give you.
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Sci-Fi, Fantasy, an assortment of others. Ask and you shall receive (an answer).
*Please check stickied post.

Hey there, Dipper here. I do things for fun like other normal human people, such as writing, and staring at TeeVees for six hours every day. I do not drink water. Do not offer me water.

I’m the filthy cookie muncher who’s been floating around Iwaku for a few years. With over a decade of RP experience under my belt, it’s easy for me to think I know what I’m doing. For the most part, I do. Writing is my jam. Writing with a partner is that sweet bread made five minutes ago still hot from the oven. Give me your entire stock. So that’s what I’m here for; a partner willing to plot and write with me and overall just have a good time. I’m not in this to make myself feel better about my writing, I just want a fun story or two to keep myself busy while my brain rots from quarantine.

Listen, I tend to focus on a single or a couple main characters, with a few NPCs thrown into the background to sate my love for writing dialogue and character interactions. If that’s what you need, I’m your guy. I’d appreciate it if you did the same.

Here’s a quick rundown of my expectations:

1. Quality over quantity. We can’t always put up rich six-hundred paragraph posts every twenty seconds, so substance is what matters.
  2. Grammar. Spelling errors and other things are fine (and to be expected if I'm entirely honest), but I’d rather they not take up the majority of your posts.
  3. 18+ only. I only rp with people in my age group.
  4. Communication is gold. It gives us some friendly ground to start on and makes writing together a lot smoother. We don’t need to swap tragic backstories, but I’d like to chat and maybe plot a bit. Talk weather to me.
  5. Don’t ghost. You’re better than this. We all are. If the rp isn’t right for you, our personalities don’t mesh, or things just aren’t working the way they should, tell me. I’ll understand. If nothing can be fixed, then that’s that and we’ll part ways on friendly terms.

My preference for fandom related RP has narrowed my field of interest drastically, but that doesn’t mean I’m not up for original plot lines. Creativity isn't my strong suit when it comes to world building. Having said that, if you have any ideas within the realms of fantasy or science fiction, shoot them my way. Maybe we can work something out.

PM or Thread both work fine for me.

Fandoms:

* - Very interested.
* - Very interested +2 (Consider these my priority)

***Halo - Currently interested in anything Halo related. A couple rudimentary plots are listed down below. I'm, of course, open to plotting something entirely new. These are just things I'd like to see, not absolute necessities!

• A pair of headhunters find themselves stranded deep inside Insurrectionist territory in the midst of the Covenant War. When they finally reestablish contact with the UNSC following the successful completion of their mission, they discover they have been effectively consigned to death (to the surprise of no one), and are forced to survive in a world that is - and never was - on their side. A pseudo-adventure story of sorts with two S-IIIs making their way through a hostile landscape and making friends and enemies in equal numbers. Probably more of the latter.
  • Anything with ODSTs.

Dead Space
Star Wars
Elder Scrolls
Resident Evil
Mass Effect
Dragon Age
**Dark Souls - Tragic Knights Rediscover Humanity in the Middle of Apocalypse
Bloodborne
Blade Runner
*Pacific Rim - Big robots. Nothing else to be said here.
**DC - Batfamily (Nightwing, Red Hood), New Gods, etc.
Marvel

• Note #1: Canon or OC is fine, depending on the setting. Ex. in DC or Marvel I would prefer canon.
  • Note #2: I don’t really expect romantic entanglements in my rps. If you want anything we write to head in that direction, we’ll discuss it. All you need to do is ask.

Non-Fandom:

Medieval Fantasy (let’s get some classical shit rolling)
Werewolves & Vampires

(^no longer looking except under certain circumstances^)
Historical
Robots and A.I and Androids.

PM or leave a message down below if you’re interested, thanks!

:cookie:

Last edited:
Reactions: StrangeVsWeird
Hey dude. I don't do fandoms, but I've got about a dozen different souls-like plots, that follow that kind of ruined fantasy atmosphere. With and without the whole respawning enemies shtick. Or respawning characters.

It's not Halo or DC, but if that sounds like your jam, feel free to send a PM my way, and we can try and find a plot we both like! :)

Reactions: Dipper
Hey dude. I don't do fandoms, but I've got about a dozen different souls-like plots, that follow that kind of ruined fantasy atmosphere. With and without the whole respawning enemies shtick. Or respawning characters.

It's not Halo or DC, but if that sounds like your jam, feel free to send a PM my way, and we can try and find a plot we both like! :)
I guess it depends how Dark Souls-esque you're going for?

pretend i put a thinking emoji here

🤔
Fixed that for you. :)

I would say nearly identical in atmosphere, with the ruins of some once prosperous world that's become trapped or lost. Similar thematically, in the sense that the ultimate goal of the story is to overcome adversity and reach a conclusion. But the actual details would be quite different. I've got three relatively complete worlds/plotlines, since worldbuilding isn't your thing, but if you've got ideas or concepts you like, I'm also more than happy to build something from scratch again based on your feedback and preferences. I adore worldbuilding, especially if I've got a second person to say yes or no to things.

But, ultimately, it would still be an original world. I played the original Dark Souls once, but didn't dig all that deep into the lore. So if you're definitely looking for something that's Dark Souls, I understand and no worries.

Hey there, Dipper here. I do things for fun like other normal human people, such as writing, and staring at TeeVees for six hours every day. I do not drink water. Do not offer me water.

I’m the filthy cookie muncher who’s been floating around Iwaku for a few years. With over a decade of RP experience under my belt, it’s easy for me to think I know what I’m doing. For the most part, I do. Writing is my jam. Writing with a partner is that sweet bread made five minutes ago still hot from the oven. Give me your entire stock. So that’s what I’m here for; a partner willing to plot and write with me and overall just have a good time. I’m not in this to make myself feel better about my writing, I just want a fun story or two to keep myself busy while my brain rots from quarantine.

Listen, I tend to focus on a single or a couple main characters, with a few NPCs thrown into the background to sate my love for writing dialogue and character interactions. If that’s what you need, I’m your guy. I’d appreciate it if you did the same.

Here’s a quick rundown of what I expect:

1. Quality over quantity. We can’t always put up rich six-hundred paragraph posts every twenty seconds, so substance is all I ask for. I'd prefer a few paragraphs over a novel.
  2. Grammar. Spelling errors and other things are fine (and to be expected if I'm entirely honest), but I’d rather they not take up the majority of your posts.
  3. 18+ only. I only rp with people in my age group.
  4. Communication is gold. It gives us some friendly ground to start on and makes writing together a lot smoother. We don’t need to swap tragic backstories, but I’d like to chat and maybe plot a bit. Talk weather to me.
  5. Don’t ghost. C’mon, you’re better than this. We all are. If the rp isn’t right for you, our personalities don’t mesh, or things just aren’t working the way they should, tell me. I’ll understand. If nothing can be fixed, then that’s that and we’ll part ways on friendly terms.

My preference for fandom related RP has narrowed my field of interest drastically, but that doesn’t mean I’m not up for original plot lines. I’m just not all that creative when it comes to world building. Having said that, if you have any ideas within the realms of fantasy or science fiction, shoot them my way. Maybe we can work something out.

PM or Thread both work fine for me.

Fandoms:

* - Very interested.
* - Very interested +2 (Consider these my priority)

***Halo - Currently interested in anything Halo related. A couple rudimentary plots are listed down below. I'm, of course, open to plotting something entirely new. These are just things I'd like to see, not absolute necessities!

• A pair of headhunters find themselves stranded deep inside Insurrectionist territory in the midst of the Covenant War. When they finally reestablish contact with the UNSC following the successful completion of their mission, they discover they have been effectively consigned to death (to the surprise of no one), and are forced to survive in a world that is - and never was - on their side. A pseudo-adventure story of sorts with two S-IIIs making their way through a hostile landscape and making friends and enemies in equal numbers. Probably more of the latter.
  • Anything with ODSTs. I just think they're neat, but my actual ideas are fairly hollow and need fleshing out.

Dead Space
Star Wars - I actually have my plate full of Star Wars stories right now, but if you really want, I'm sure we can work something out.
Elder Scrolls
Resident Evil
Mass Effect - C-Sec murder mystery? First contact? Maiden-voyage-gone-wrong? Let's give it a try.
Dragon Age
**Dark Souls - Tragic Knights Rediscover Humanity in the Middle of Apocalypse
Bloodborne
Blade Runner
*Pacific Rim - Big robots. Nothing else to be said here.
**DC - Batfamily (Nightwing, Red Hood), New Gods, etc.
Marvel

• Note #1: Canon or OC is fine, depending on the setting. Ex. in DC or Marvel I would prefer canon.
  • Note #2: I don’t really expect romantic entanglements in my rps. If you want anything we write to head in that direction, we’ll discuss it. All you need to do is ask.

Non-Fandom:

Medieval Fantasy (let’s get some classical shit rolling)
Werewolves & Vampires

(^no longer looking except under certain circumstances^)
Historical
Robots and A.I and Androids and all that fancy nonsense that makes you wish the future would hurry up.

I will be uploading some more plots at a later date, but for now, this is what I’ve got. PM or leave a message down below if you’re interested. I look forward to writing with you!

:cookie:

Star Wars, Resident Evil. Blade Runner and Batman.

Up for any of those?

🤔
Fixed that for you. :)

I would say nearly identical in atmosphere, with the ruins of some once prosperous world that's become trapped or lost. Similar thematically, in the sense that the ultimate goal of the story is to overcome adversity and reach a conclusion. But the actual details would be quite different. I've got three relatively complete worlds/plotlines, since worldbuilding isn't your thing, but if you've got ideas or concepts you like, I'm also more than happy to build something from scratch again based on your feedback and preferences. I adore worldbuilding, especially if I've got a second person to say yes or no to things.

But, ultimately, it would still be an original world. I played the original Dark Souls once, but didn't dig all that deep into the lore. So if you're definitely looking for something that's Dark Souls, I understand and no worries.

I may be looking for something a little more Dark Souls-y (if that makes any sense at all) but huge thanks for reaching out!

Star Wars, Resident Evil. Blade Runner and Batman.

Up for any of those?

Batman-related stuff is definitely something I'd be interested in right now, yes.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Peregrine