Dimensions (An Adventure of the Highest Order)

Jack Robinson

Professional Gunslinger
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
Online Availability
3:25-10:00
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Fantasy, Post Apocalyptic, Horror, Epic, Realistic
Time is strange. It's solid and fluid at the same time, much like Jello. It can twist, stretch, and shatter instantaneously. Time exists everywhere. Except for in one place. This one place is known as the Null Dimension to those who live within it. It is a pocket carved out of time by man's ingenuity, crafted through hard work and scientific genius. It is ancient and yet new, as the burden of time does not apply to this place. Creatures, human or not, find themselves here through peculiar circumstances. It is ruled by geniuses. Socrates. Einstein. Hawking. Da Vinci. All of these men have found themselves here, where they are immortal gods who rule with their minds.

You don't know how you got there, not really. One moment there you stood, mesmerized by glowing green carvings on an ancient black stone. The next moment, you awaken on a white beach, along with several other people from across time and space. You realize you are not in your time period quite quickly. Around you is a city built around a bay of pristine blue water. The architecture is unlike any you've ever seen, using impossible geometry and physics to create wonderful structures that float, disappear, and even dance. The water behind you flows and flows until it reaches what you realize is the edge of this place. The sky around you is illuminated by brilliantly bright stars. There is no sun. There are no planets. Only the city, which floats precariously in between time and space. Upon first glimpse, it seems solid. But as you look behind you, you see a foul darkness seeping in from the edge of the city. A shadow of malevolent desires. It seems you were followed during your inter-dimensional travels. Will you discover the dark mysteries of this city and unlock the secret to time and space itself? Or will the darkness that follows you consume you?

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Hey folks, so this RP is basically going to be about you and a bunch of people from all sorts of time periods (and universes) being brought together by some mysterious objects. Upon discovering that a dark god has followed you, you must team up with the inhabitants of the Null Dimension and find out a way to save existence itself from being destroyed. I figure this whole RP will just be a bunch of crazy adventures and mysteries. We can throw all sorts of plots, curveballs, whatever into the mix. It'll be a good time. I want about five or six in order to make the RP, but I will take up to ten people in total. Just try to be active and whatnot. Also let me know if I should make a Discord or an OOC thread. Just whichever one would be better for you guys. If you have questions, leave them for me below.

Reactions: The Wanderer
Youl state multiple universes but did you mean fandoms because I'm certain people will indeed see it that way.

Personally I think what you have here is interesting enough without the distraction of Vash the Stampede meeting Gandalf.

Reactions: Jack Robinson
Interested! My OC is a dimension walker, so this would be right up her alley. Will follow for updates!

Youl state multiple universes but did you mean fandoms because I'm certain people will indeed see it that way.

Personally I think what you have here is interesting enough without the distraction of Vash the Stampede meeting Gandalf.

Ah, no I did not mean fandoms. Simply different universes, different realities, that sort of thing.

Sounds interesting to say the least. I'll be up for it if you'll have me.

Hey~hey~^^!!

Interested but I don't like Discord. The less things Boo has to visit the better. ;D Oh! and:

Regular rundown:

What is required:
~writing level?
~post frequency?
~face claim art style?

~Can we play multi charries?
~Limitations on 'Races?'

~Is there dice/stats use?

Thanks ya~^^!!

Hey~hey~^^!!

Interested but I don't like Discord. The less things Boo has to visit the better. ;D Oh! and:

Regular rundown:

What is required:
~writing level?
~post frequency?
~face claim art style?

~Can we play multi charries?
~Limitations on 'Races?'

~Is there dice/stats use?

Thanks ya~^^!!

Writing level: At least two paragraphs, preferably more. I'd say intermediate.
Post frequency: Try for once a week
Face claim: I don't care

Characters: Play however many you want, whatever race you want.
No stats, in combat situations or other events the GM will use dice and common sense to determine what happens.

Anyone else interested?

I must admit. I'm not fond of discord either. Generally ridiculous things happen while I'm at work and when I get home the entire RP is going in a different direction.

It may work for students who can use their phones in class but I have a legitimate job.

I'm interested, as long as we don't use Discord. Sounds like that won't be a problem though. o3o

Interested :] Would make for a comfy start to roleplaying here.

Hmm... No Star Wars, Dungeons & Dragons, or other franchises.... Interesting.

I'm going to have to put some thought into this.

I was wondering about that myself. I have two characters in mind, aa sorceres and a cyberpunk hacker packing a a couple of pistols.

Is there electricity we can tap? I wouldn't want to create a character that loses the ability to walk after a few days. Running out of power once in a while makes for good story, becoming a parapalegic- not so much.

Last edited:
I was wondering about that myself. I have two characters in mind, aa sorceres and a cyberpunk hacker packing a a couple of pistols.

Is there electricity we can tap? I wouldn't want to create a character that loses the ability to walk after a few days. Running out of power once in a while makes for good story, becoming a parapalegic- not so much.
There is power available in the Null Dimension, yes. Just be conservative with your bullets and ammo and whatnot, you may have to travel through time and space to get more of those ;)