Dimensional Clash (OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not wanting to backseat, Maine, but isn't that technically powerplaying? I'm sure @Jaysunn had something planned with this whole thing...

If there was, I couldn't tell. This is all seeming very random to me.

I don't see what's random. A train fell on the saloon to get us all out of there to move things forwards, and the dark creatures came with the elf to introduce the main antagonist I'm led to believe.

Yeah sorry, I guess I'm out. I'm not sure I can get accustomed to how this RP runs (and that's without mentioning that my character started doing something and never got even acknowledged). So peace, have a good time everyone.

@Yiyel Not every action can be acknowledged. Especially in a total clusterfuck of a fight this is. I don't see what you did that was more notable than fighting creatures. It's the same with my character. We've just been fighting. The only characters making story progress are Jaysunns.

And that's exactly what I don't think I can get used to - there is no clear action determination, I'm simply too used to having a central GM manage all NPCs reaction, and I feel that otherwise things get too messy too quick.

And that's exactly what I don't think I can get used to - there is no clear action determination, I'm simply too used to having a central GM manage all NPCs reaction, and I feel that otherwise things get too messy too quick.
Oh, that's the problem? Alright, I'll try to fix that in the future.

Let me lay some NPC and group/army things out.

Local "mooks," which will serve the purpose of local enemies, can be controlled by players so that nobody has to wait for me to write that a Goomba got stomped or something.

Groups controlled by other players must be controlled by those players, unless the members of those groups can be easily killed. Players must use discretion; a Goomba is different form an enemy such as the dragon Gobblegut or the Koopa Bros.

Minor NPC's, such as the people of the western town, can be controlled by players as long as they are realistic in their reactions; if they don't feel that they can do that, or if they don't want to do that, then they can leave NPC reactions out of their posts and I'll fill those in.

Major NPC's, or those central to any plot (ex: CLU-2 if we were to go to the TRON universe) will be controlled by the GM (or mods, once I decide to implement them). So far this includes Black Johnson and Sheriff Hanson.

That does sound a lot better from my point of view, but I want you to know this: you have a lot of power as the creator of the RP. Don't let the habits of an old dog prevent you from experimenting with other things. Marvelous things can happen. Though if you're determined at trying to play out my style of RP, I'll be more than glad to return and help you out with it. But the decision is yours - as I keep saying, RPing is not a chore, a task or anything pre-defined - it's a hobby, and a hobby is what we make of it, how we make of it, and as such it needs not mold into things for the sake of individuals.

Also, don't be afraid to throw curveballs at people. Curveballs are awesome.

sorry everyone I haven't been on for a while! I'll catch up and try to see if I can get a post in.

Also I've read the ooc and I'm confused as to whether or not @Yiyel is staying or not

I guess I'll try joining back in by then - I'm rather busy for now.

Alright, that's fine, Yiyel.

Also:
User: Jaysunn
Name: Zinnia
Sex (if any): Female
Height (you can approximate): 5'4"
Weight (you can approximate): 112.3 lbs
Description/Picture:
Omega_Ruby_Alpha_Sapphire_Zinnia.png

Universe: Pokémon
Abilities: Zinnia's Mega Anklet has a Key Stone embedded within. Zinnia herself is very agile, as well as cunning (shown by her willingness to infiltrate Team Aqua/Magma and awaken the Primal Reversions to summon Rayquaza). Her Whismur, Aster, is uncharacteristically swift, as it can deftly relieve people of their Key Stones, leaving them spinning.
Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
Moves:
-Dragon Claw
-Crunch
-Fire Fang
-Thunder Fang
Whismur @ Eviolite
Ability: Soundproof
Moves:
-Hyper Voice
-Echoed Voice
-Fire Blast
-Blizzard
Bio: Zinnia is one of the Draconids, a group of people who revere the mighty Rayquaza for its feats of saving humanity from absolute destruction. As the current Lorekeeper, Zinnia has been designated to protect the history of Mega Evolution and maintains the ability to summon Rayquaza from its domain in the sky (as needed). Zinnia has advanced knowledge of alternate realities, and thinks in terms of all universes, as shown when she destroys the Devon Corporation's Link Cable to prevent the Devon Corporation from using it to teleport an incoming asteroid to an alternate Hoenn region where the technology never developed to a point where it could stop the asteroid from striking.

Zinnia has a bewildering personality, taking a light tone towards serious matters (such as the crisis in Hoenn). A Draconid ideologue, Zinnia believes in finding the best way to help not just one reality, but the alternate realities also put into peril by a crisis. As a result, she takes to (seemingly) unorthodox methods of averting crises such as the Hoenn meteor, including swiping people's Key Stones. Zinnia, as Lorekeeper, knows about the history of Mega Evolution and holds a Key Stone herself to Mega Evolve her Salamence.

Zinnia's Whismur, Aster, is named after a friend Zinnia had lost a while ago.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Link: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Zinnia

Wait, there's a lot of things that just happened here that is confusing. Did the dragon escape from Eren or am i to assume it pulled Eren along with? And Sayaka controlled the stream of water flow, so unless there was another dam before the first one, where did the sudden overflow of water come in? And even then, Sayaka's magic would have still controlled it. Does toad have water controlling powers too?

Also @Yiyel I'm sorry if I made you feel like you had to still be in the rp. I was just very confused since you had pulled out, but were still talking in the ooc and giving advice. idk, sorry about that again

Oh, oops. Gotta change some stuff about the water.

The dragon did escape Eren, but Toad had come in while Eren had still grabbed the Storm Rider. I'll fix the stuff

OK, fixed the water, and I think I made it more clear that Toad's arrival coincides with the moment the Storm Rider wrenches itself out of Eren's grip.

Reactions: Yuuki_Tatsunohi
just wondering, other than me and jaysunn how many people are still in this?

CoShocker and LoveMeowChow haven't posted in a while, and Yiyel mentioned trying to rejoin after the location shift.

Would it just be the two of us for a while then? Possibly @LoveMeowChow and @CoShocker just haven't been receiving notifications?

Idk i don't want to just take over somebody's turn or not let others reply

I guess, unless somebody else decides to join as well. I don't plan on staying in the wild West for very long, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.