Dimension Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
The short girl finished her "prey", taking one last nip and the core before placing it back into the bowl. She stifled a sigh, now interested in what the two men had to say. She placed her now sticky hands into a pocket, and looked up at the new voice that met her ears. She surveyed the blue-haired man, the one the "host" of this gathering named Nils Corspin. She snorted, but felt her skin turning hot.
Some leader he seems to be. She pushed the words into her head, watching him as he carried on his speech. When he finished, Unity arouse from her place. Pain harrowed her ribs, and Unity couldn't hold back a wheeze. Embarrassment sparked her stomach, but she didn't know if the others were watching her. She cleared her throat, proceeding to raking her brain for the right words to introduce herself.
"...Hi, I'm Unity Valk. I'm a dwarf, but unnaturally taller then others. I never met my mother, and my father was killed by the tribe we were in." she paused, not wanting to tell them any more. "After being ensla- ... After some years, I left them to live on my own" Her hands started to shake, her gaze dragging across the clearing. She slowly sat herself down, waiting for a different person to speak.

"I am Kriv Sora. I have fought in a war, came out a new man and became a sell-sword and a bounty hunter. I then went on many journeys with the Casket Enclave and made my closest friends- Brelof the paladin, Malfurious the Monk, Ishmael the ShardMind and Dimitri the drunken wizard. I woke the Old Gods, slayed many of the new gods, and killed the most evil God of all- Thoras Dün. My sword is the blade of my father, blessed by Jura, the Old God of War. My armor was made in hell by demon chitin and is threaded with mammoth fur to keep me warm in the snow and ice of my lands mountains."
"wux forget ve, isthasy."
"This is my battle brother, Thoras. He is a wyvern- though he cannot speak anything other than Draconic, he understands common as well."
Kriv was slightly angry at the cloaked individual for ignoring him again- but figured he should concentrate on listening. For now.

"Proxy", she replied. "I pilot just about anything with a motor and can alter in mundane and magical ways. I have a ship and came willingly, because I was told there was a job and I do things for pay. I am not sure I want to share much else with strangers. " She nodded and took a seat, nibbling on her own rations and keeping a careful eye on the others. It wasn't that she was unfriendly, but more that she wasn't told she would be working with others. It had proven problematic in the past and so she operated with only things she could force to comply.

Flash Back Begins.

Proxy awoke to the sound of her A.I. "Captain, audio suveillance indicates a gathering of some of the crew. It seems there is talk you're too gentle to lead them. What do you wish me to do?"
She mulled around a few ideas in her head, taking a sip of the water next to her. "Mother always said if I am to do something, do not let my enemies die gently. It seems appropriate then we should gas them, but keep the leader of them alive. I want him to myself. He gets the tranquilizer, everyone else gets the Sap Gas, then jettison them."
It may have been an overreaction on her part, but she was annoyed for being woken up in the middle of the night to deal with this disturbance. "In three, two, with no warning, one." She added as an after thought. The lock on her room hissed, a sign she was sealed in.
"Attention everyone", she began, watching the monitors as she spoke. "As I speak the chamber is filling with Sap Gas. The equipment lockers are sealed shut. Don't try to struggle. You'll go more painfully. Thank the rabble rouser for your fate. He gets to live as punishment. I hope the rest of you die quickly before space handles you."

Flashback over.

"Aside from that it's a pleasure to work with all of you. Fate protect us from all of the terrible things the opposition wants to do with our bodies."

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Maddeline
"Jaciv confna tenpiswo ihk xikin vur jahus ti jedarka? si envy jacioniv.", said the Wyvern hearing the female talk.
"Si huven ihk jacioniv ekess xoal vur yor ekess pilot ve", Thoras said, this time raising his head slightly.
Kriv made a grunt- which was actually his chuckle.
"Munthreki vur chidragi re ti asadsadavi tir ti tawura ekik algbo.", Kriv said back to his pet Wyvern, who then glared at him.
"Wux re agantal zyak cotose, isthasy. si tepoha yoweth charisic ihk wer vorel munthrek upadoc."
Kriv shook his head, finding his friend completely asinine for his ramblings.
"Pay Thoras no mind. He often forgets that he is a Wyvern and is very loud with his jests. He means no harm- he just thinks you're attractive because you have horns like we do", Kriv said to Proxy. Feeling the need to apologize, even though she would never know what the Wyvern had said.

Blade nodded as the others shared their backgrounds and crossed his arms across his chest. He had gained a slightly better understanding of the language now. "I am Blade Saltator. I am a 5th generation slayer droid. I do not know what my past held because of frequent memory wipes. In 2 weeks I probably will not remember this conversation. What I do know is that I was designed for battle, against evil forces. And if killing dark things is what I was summoned here to do then this cloaked one" He gestured to the individual that brought them all here. "Has made the right selection."

"Hey, I'm Aqua. I'm a water nymph from Watrina, a planet in a galaxy I've doubt you've heard of," she introduced, "I was exploring the galaxy when me and my fellow astronauts, Coral and Klaud, fell into a lack hole. Unfortunately, the two other nymphs didn't survive, but I did..."

Astarte had gone out to get groceries. She stepped out of her apartment when something like a black hole appeared before her. Her surprise was so great even she had no time to do any calculations. Sucked in, she blacked out for awhile.

And woke up in a white room with a group of strange looking people. She stood up slowly, still fairly confused as to where she was. "Where am I? Who are you people?"

"Well, that's exactly what you would have known if you had gotten here seconds earlier. Therefore, since you were late, you should introduce yourself"

"I sure am sorry that I didn't get warped here sooner," she remarked sarcastically. New place, new people, but the people were as annoying and hard to get along with as always. Though this...person...was rather strange looking. Or rather, not a person at all. "Now, wanna answer my question, or be a smartass?"

"See, we only know the answer to who we are. We all got here same as you. The hooded figure down there has ignored my various questionings, though I pray you have better luck" he said, before looking at Thoras.
"Jaciv ui ti sil tisvelk vorqir toladaf, vur jaciv tiric ti tangis tepoha oseari!"
Kriv simply shook his head,
"Wux re agantal vorqir ihk vi rumag ihk doutan usv creolna else, Thoras. Nomagqe siofme zahae slathalinir usv svanoa yth shilta jutosh de nomeno goawy ihk huena."
The Wyvern snarled and Kriv snarled back- then the two subsided their aggression as if nothing had been said.

Now that she looked around more, Astarte realized there were multiple non-humans, including a robot and some other things. She sighed. If these people had gotten no answers, there was no reason she'd be able to get answers. She was clueless as to her situation after all. She took a seat, as there seemed to be one for her. "So. Anyone care to fill me in? Or are we all blank on the matter?"

"We are to eliminate the evil that is growing across dimensions. Key in on eliminate, not balance. I still do not agree- the tyranny of evil is not best replaced with the tyranny of good; it is best to leave the world with a mix of both. With evil, the best good can come from people. With good, the worst evils can come out as well. A wise monk once told me that, may Malfurious rest in peace"

The hooded man nodded and gave a rasping chuckle. "It will be interesting to see how you all work together. Now Astarte would you please introduce yourself after I inform you of our first quest." Pressing another spot on the cube the map of universes dissapeared and were replaced with a revolving image of earth. "Earth, circa 1947, in history this was when the tyrannical an fascist dictator Adolf Hitler was being destroyed. But in this universe things are much worse. The dark powers granted Hitler's armies access to powerful and evil magics. With this newfound power the Nazi war machine has all but crushed the allied forces. Your mission will be to assist the allied forces and destroy the portal that provides Hitler with dark magic. It should be a simple enough task for your first time together."

"I am Astarte Sinyakov, the final experiment of the Psionics program. I am able to manipulate kinetic energy," she introduced herself. Uninterested in revealing too much more about herself, she turned to face the hologram of what was supposedly Earth from the past. Apparently, they were being assigned a mission. She looked to see the others' reaction to it, still curious as to what her current position was.

Kriv huffed.
"Dark magics are mostly necromancy and litches. This 'Hitler'...is he a necromage? Are the Nazi his priests? What race is he? Usually necromages are DragonBorn like myself or a Tefling" Kriv said, obviously curious but also completely in the dark. He was completely alienated by the 'Earth' thing.

Blade didn't mind most members of this team. For the most part, they seemed quite capable. He looked forward to working with them. He was about to ask a question but Kriv asked several before him. He waited, not wanting to flood the hooded one with questions.

So their first mission was to- defeat Hitler? Aqua had no idea who Hitler was, but he didn't seem like a good guy. She presumed that somehow them people the hooded guy was talking about before had placed magic into that timeline, where it obviously shouldn't exist. Well, at least they had a mission, a goal.

Astarte sighed. Clearly these people were messed up in the head. Her earth wasn't drastically different from the one presented, bar the psionics program and its results, so she started seeing some of her allies as a little bit insane.

"Hitler is just a human, you...thing," she told Kriv. "Just a really messed up human, with...magic. Probably just some advanced technology or something."

The hooded man laughed and flicked his finger at the group. "This should help those of you who do not know earth history." Suddenly it was as if someone downloaded an entire history lesson directly into the brains of those in the group. After a few moments and a mild headache they would know everything about the time period they were visiting. "I have provided you all with a telepathic link, it will allow you to communicate with your comrades over short distances." looking around at the small group the hooded man nodded satisfactorily."Well without further ado I bid you all good luck and hope you return safely." Suddenly everyone was swallowed up into the darkness again.

Nils flailed as he felt himself falling, suddenly he landed face first in a pile of mud. The second thing he noticed was the sounds of battle all around him. Bullets whizzed overhead, lightning crackled, and the sounds of the dying filled his head. Getting up Nils was met with a scene from hell. American soldiers scrambled around as lightning erupted from a nearby bunker, instantly frying a nearby soldier. Those who were out of the bunker's sight were wildly shooting at shambling creatures that emerged from a trench line. Anyone caught in the zombies clutches were messily devoured. "Holy fuck..." Nils was jolted back to reality as a grenade exploded nearby, showering him with chunks of flesh. With a crash something fell from the sky and left a smoldering crater where it landed. Dashing to the crater Nils was relieved to see his mech crouched and open. Hopping into the suit Nils ran the startup sequence as he telepathically reached out to the others, "hello!? Hello!? Does anyone hear me!?"

Suddenly falling, Astarte panicked. She started her calculations, slowing down her kinetic energy and allowing her to land on her feet. "Geez," she complained aloud, not particularly happy with falling out of nowhere.

Amidst the sounds of war, a voice resounded in her head. Recalling what the hooded man said, she replied telepathically, "Astarte speaking. I hear you. I assume we are in World War 2, then?" she asked, looking around. The technology seemed right, but everything else was off. Zombies? Lightning? This was wrong. "Guess Hitler really did get magic," she sighed. She decided to not activate her booster for now, instead readying her calculations to send any force that touched her in the opposite direction. She wasn't going to go down to a stray bullet, not here.

Status
Not open for further replies.