Dimension Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this still open to new players? I think I've got a character in mind that I'll throw up here if so.

I believe so. We haven't started yet, so I think new characters should be aloud.

Yup, ok i am dedicating myself to finishing up the IC thread today

OK! the IC thread is finally up! When introducing your character please keep in mind that they are weaponless and they are without any armor (unless the armor is keeping them alive/surgically attached to them). As always sorry for the long wait but I hope you all are ready to have some fun.

https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/dimension-wars.112305/

@dunruffle

Name:

Kriv Sora
(Kr-iv Sore-ah)

Race: DragonBorn

Weapons and Abilities:

His Father's BroadSword - This sword was given to him by his father. It is not the sharpest blade in the world, nor the largest (though to a normal sized humanoid its as big as a long sword). What it lacks in size and sharpness, it makes up for in spades with its low profile in relation to its user and ease of swing. Upon releasing the Old God of War, Jura, his sword was enhanced to become a Vorpal weapon. It will never dull nor break, and each strike leaves a small smite on the wound, guaranteeing infection.

Fire Breath - At a young age when DragonBorn in his clan grow wings or gain the ability to breathe cold, Kriv inherited the ability to breathe fire. This ability had not been seen in decades, making him a prized member of the clan. Depending on his emotions (if he is passionate about something, no matter the emotion), the heat of the fire changes. When impassioned, the fire can melt steel; if he just needs to light a torch it is much weaker.

Extreme Athleticism - Kriv wasn't the smartest in his brood brothers, nor was he the wisest or most charismatic. But he was strong, and he was fast. While decently agile, his main skill comes with his high physical endurance and athletic potential- able to scale mountains with only two pick axes and good boots and even beating an Old God who could fly at a race. His athletics were further honed when Kriv engaged in combat with a new God and died- only to resurrect as a champion of the Old Gods. The Old Gods siphoned their newly gained energy and pumped it into Kriv so that he might slay the very entity responsible for his kinds creation. His strength is also quite amazing as he punched through a steel door and ripped the door off of its hinges when a town leader attempted to have him executed in a racially motivated hate crime.

Demon Chitin Armor - This armor is threaded with mammoth fur for insulation in winter months. The armor was a gift from the demon lord Asmodeus to aid in the ending of the end times. The armor has magical enchantments to enhance Kriv's physical endurance and abilities while also capable of being extremely light AND can take direct cuts, stabs, war hammer smacks, punches, kicks and a direct bolt of lightning from Thoras Dün.

Weaknesses: Many things can set him off, but grabbing his sword in any way puts him into a blind berserker rampage where he attempts to murder everything in his vicinity. Also, his fire breathing takes energy especially if he is angry. Couple his fire breath with the fact that he is 320 pounds at about 6 percent body fat, and you're looking at a DragonBorn who can go through twelve thousand calories a day. He needs consistent food supplies to stay powerful.

Background description: Kriv was born to a DragonBorn clan in the eastern mountains of Galvia. He was the first fire breather the clan had had in 46 years; so, his schooling was skipped for combat education. His father, chieftain of the clan, personally raised him to be a warlord. Instead, Kriv chose the barbarian fighting style- which he adapted naturally from his warlord training. Finding a shield cumbersome and excessive, he simply just used his own sword with two hands and often leapt into combat. Literally. At the end of his training, Kriv could speak common (English) and draconic; however he cannot read common, only draconic. He wasn't stupid, only ignorant. The humans and dwarves got into a family fued and the DragonBorns were hired by the humans to assist. Kriv and his father were on a ship that sunk at sea- the two were the only survivors. With the Dwarven army rapidly approaching, Kriv and his father had to make a last stand. Killing several dozen dwarves, Kriv was hit by a glancing blow from a cannon ball. Kriv forgot everything he had ever learned in life, save his muscle memory barbarian training, and even his own name. He knew the man he saw die in front of him was his father, but forgot his name too. So, Kriv carries his father's broadsword everywhere. No one can touch it, and insulting it will create a rage in the Dragonoid that is a sight to behold. Kriv gained his iconic scars when he was attacked by a Wyvern- later, he would convince the same Wyvern to be his companion for battle. He denounced his family, not wishing to live another man's life, left the clan, and became a bounty hunter and a sell sword. Kriv was contracted to assist in a religious endeavor, only to be stabbed in the back by his employer who turned out to be insane. Kriv and his company of heroes realized that Thoras Dün, an Old God banished for being chaotic evil, was being awoken by his former employer. Suddenly, Asmodeus (an actual Dungeons and Dragons God, I swear) called the DragonBorn to conference and told him to wake the Old Gods- as the New Gods could not stop Thoras Dün; to asisst in the endeavor, Asmodeus gave Kriv Demon Chitin Armor which enhanced his physical abilities without slowing him down and offered great torso protection (Kriv would alter the armor by threading mammoth fur through the sections to keep him warm). Kriv then personally found every Old God and woke them from their slumber to defeat Thoras Dün. Kriv is proof that you don't have to be smart, to be a hero!

Other: Kriv has many issues, including his lack of memory and his need to stay neutral. He is good at heart, however, only moral large goals may be accomplished. Being the champion of the Old Gods, he cannot personally and directly interfere with the lives of others- especially in a good or bad way. He must maintain a balance to keep the Old Gods happy. The only exception to this rule is if the person he is helping or harming had personally affected him first; this means he can harm anyone disrupting balance and help anyone he considers a friend. Though he must remember that for every healing action he must perform a harming one.
He also has a companion, Thoras, who took the name from the greatest foe he ever conquered. Thoras can speak draconic only (which is how he communicates to Kriv) and can breathe fire in a similar fashion to Kriv. His tail is an excellent weapon when flying or for sneak attacks; he also can obviously fly.

(EDIT: my drawn attachment of Kriv isn't coming through, but just look at the other DragonBorn's attached to the abilities and you get the idea)

Last edited by a moderator:
@Maddeline
Looks ok, just remember to work together and try not to have your character kill his teammates

@dunruffle
Now that's a major character weakness then!
Just don't grab his sword ;D

If you're curious, I'll use actual draconian text when he and Thoras are around others but I will use English when they are alone. If you want to know what they say to each other, just google "Draconic to English", though knowing what they say would be rather meta-gaming.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been able to get drunk multiple times and this RP has only advanced a handful of posts- I declare the posting too slow!

Reactions: Kaykay
Is this closed now or can I join?

Reactions: Maddeline
I think you should be able to join, but you should probably wait for the owner.

That's what I'll do, then.

Name: Astarte "The End" Sinyakov

Race: Human

Picture/description:
12342.jpg

Black hair, yellow-ish eyes. Medium height and lithe build.

weapons/abilities: Kinetic Motion Control - Through calculations, she can manipulate kinetic energy she is in contact with. Without boosting, even her peak human mental capacity can only handle simple operations such as a hard, invisible strike in a single direction, flipping the direction of a force, and small scale multiplications or divisions of force. This has many uses such as sending a projectile away from herself or her allies, hitting enemies with something they can't see that's a good amount stronger than force she can output by using the wind she is in contact with and increasing it's kinetic energy many-fold, and increasing her own jumps, strikes, etc.

Booster- A small device implanted in her neck. She can touch it to activate it and it has a battery life of 10 minutes. With this, her processing power is increased drastically. Rather than simply flipping a force, she can change its direction entirely, and even do the flipping of a force without consciously thinking about it while the device is on. She can change the scale of a force almost without limit with the booster.

High intelligence - To even use her power requires incredibly high intelligence. She has an IQ of 300, a remarkable super genius, though often most of this processing power is focused on her power.

weaknesses: Her body is that of an average human, brain aside. If the battery dies, she is only able to do the flipping of a force until the battery is charged, leaving her with 0 offensive prowess. Won't attack children.

Background description: Astarte was born to a Russian family in America. She was given off to a lab that experimented on people, attempting to create super humans. She was the final test, meant to be the perfect soldier. Powerful and smart. Long past attempting to make humans physically strong, scientists moved on to psionic powers. The power of manipulating kinetic energy was bestowed onto the girl, a device in her neck empowering her. It focused her brain waves, increasing their impact upon the real world, thus allowing her calculations to make an impact for real. But she was too powerful, and hadn't been programmed to be obedient. She stomped on the ground, increasing the force of it so that the ground around her broke. With no weapons, the scientists were helpless to stop her. One got his hands on a pistol, and fired. The bullet hit him. Astarte changed the direction of the bullet's force, sending it into the cowardly man.

Upon escaping, she found it impossible to make friends. Her power made her feared, and she lived her entire life alone, until one day she met someone who couldn't fear her. A blind child approached her, asking for money. She told him who she was, but he was ignorant of the topic. Helping him and taking him in, she slowly became quite attached to him and came to truly value human life. Due to this, she is usually a cold person, but won't just kill for no reason, and is particularly fond of kids.

other: Likes salty food.

I won't be on Wednesday(today) to Friday because of a school assignment trip. I should be on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.