Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BrattyCommissar

Original poster
OOC LINK

2segTjG.png

The door to the boardroom sat closed for some time, a wave of uncertainty washing over its occupants, before there was but a simple knock upon it.

Just as sudden as the knock itself, the board room began to degrade in quality. The distortions prevalent upon the fixtures of the room splintered further apart, as the entire room seemed to curve and tilt upwards like elbow macaroni from the door, chairs sliding before crashing down against the wall, the desk sliding slower before tumbling over and punching into the wall, active pixelisation flooding forth from the wound in the fabric of the room, like spurting blood from the veins of this fictional reality.

The keyboard, however, remained where it had been, floating fixed within the air, as the monitor screen on the far wall from the door- now an approximation of a ceiling- flickered to life briefly. The keys on the board began to clack, faster and faster, and the screen briefly read with some content albeit near impossible to discern amongst the backdrop. Then, the screen flickered dead, and fell down and cracked itself against the keyboard, pierced upon it in the air above the gathered persons below in their heap with the desk and chairs. The screen didn't fall further, simply hanging like a gutted fish upon a hook, wires and circuitry dragged out its back and clinging to it like tendons to bone.

The fractured cracks of the screen flickered once more to life, and simply read 'Go' ad infinitum- repeated across the entirety of the remnants of the display, as the door out of the boardroom swung itself open. One of the chairs that had more rolled than toppled up against the door rolled out and into the adjacent hallway, coming to a stop against the wall beyond the door. On the wall now above the chair, however, was a rather incredibly helpful print- a sheet of paper- with what would appear to be a map of the surrounding office, with the path to the exit clearly laid out. Given what AMBIG had communicated, though, there lay present but uncertain risks on approaching that exit.

[spoili]
XWHtODr.png
[/spoili]​

Fortunately, the map came off the wall simply enough, held in place by a simple thumbtack, and in the chair that rested beneath the map sat two pens- a black one, and a red one. Useful, if nothing else, to keep the map updated with what the group may learn. On the back of the map remained nothing but the other side of the paper, and given the state of their augs seeming to glitch around uncertainly, a concrete way of storing information may be useful too, even if it couldn't hold too much information.

[spoili]
rbacNFl.jpg
[/spoili]​

Other than the same persistent artifacting and visual decay, there did remain an additional thing 'off' about the office hall that the group had been opened up to. In the distance came a foul stench, coupled with the sound of rapidly rushing water- not the standard fare for an office by far. What on earth could that be? Where did the various AMBIGs go? What did that covenant business do, to begin with? Who had left them the map, and the pens? And, perhaps more pressing, who had knocked?

Last edited by a moderator:
< Axel Kernan - toXic >

[spoili]
3429d0b833e830e29c716f5c391dcffbdde0cbbd_hq.gif

[/spoili]

Seemingly unperturbed by the alien situation they found themselves in, Axel surveyed the group around him. Aside from himself, there were five members of the group, all of them looking equally clueless about the test Ambig had given them. From what Axel could tell they were supposed to work together to escape- or at least, it should be easier that way- and not wanting to waste time Axel spoke up to break the ice.

"Hey, name's Axel," Axel greeted, giving a friendly grin, "I don't know about you guys, but I'd rather not face this test alone. We should try to stick together- promise I don't bite."

Done with his introduction, Axel strolled over to the broken screen and keyboard, taking a closer look at them for any clues. Axel tapped at the keyboard to see if they screen would respond, to no avail. Shaking his head, Axel looked around more generally, spotting the map above the chair.

"Mind if I pick that up?" Axel asked, pointing to the map.

Kamui.%28Gin.Tama%29.600.1935281.jpg

"Well that was a bit of a surprise..."

A somewhat shaken but otherwise carefree voice could be heard from one of the walls within the boardroom. "Is everyone alright?" He dusted himself off, walked close enough for most, if not every person in attendance to see him. He then looked around to see if anyone seemed to have been injured at all, though it was unlikely that anyone had. If no complaints were heard, he would continue, "The screen--and the rest of the place for that matter--seems to be in a great hurry to tell us to get out, but did anyone want to introduce themselves, aside from the strapping young Axel with the map?"

An understanding of everyone's skills would be useful to the group, but Ben was not one to think of such strategy. He just wanted to get to know everyone here more, since they all seem to have been chosen for one reason or another... Or many, he couldn't tell.

"My name is Ben, and I know what you're thinking, but this isn't cosplay!" He wasn't exactly able to read the group as he usually would. Looks like he'll have to go at this the old-fashioned way... Whenever they made sure everyone was calm enough to proceed. "I'd come up with a couple jokes to lighten the mood, but something tells me there might not be a crowd for that today...?" It was all serious business right now after all. They didn't even know where they were, or what they were supposed to do. They could always just form some kind of chat room for members of the group to speak about themselves in too, whenever they all gathered their bearings.​

Reactions: Daz
- - - - - Hana "Jo" Jo ✰ - - - - -
[imga]http://i.imgur.com/XbMLPLQ.png[/imga]
"Gods, how annoying. And explaining this to Mia isn't going to be fun either." The seemingly young girl spoke off to herself as the small group looked about and speaking to one another, confused of their whole situation. While Hana was a bit confused herself, she didn't seem to be alarmed in the slightest. Her current lifestyle always threw her for crazy twists and turns so this wasn't exactly out of the ballpark. Though she was relieved there were others with her. Otherwise she would have been lead to believe this to be a psychotic fan's kidnapping attempt. With everything said and done the girl made her way around the room, simply observing.

It took no time before she would come to realize the map simply pinned to the wall. With there being nothing else in the room that would indicate any type of help in their situation she thought it to be of high importance. It would also seem that a boy had noticed the map as well, pointing it out and asking who knows what if he was "allowed" to take it. Hana wasn't to really ask permission for anything she didn't think she needed to. And in the current situation, survival would come first. Everything simply felt, "Wrong".

With the map and pens in hand she simply looked it all over. There was practically nothing on the thing but a layout of building they were in and the room they occupied. "And this seems to be useless other than telling us where to go. Kind of reminds me of that one game I played.." Still talking to herself, she was remembering a horror game. One where all but two people died gruesomely. With the thought of death cast aside, Hana put the map along the nearest desk to wright something on the corner of the map side with the red pen. "R3". Then put both pin in her right pocket and the map, folded neatly, in her left-back pocket.

The whole time she had been in her own little world, not hearing much of anything going on around her with the ones asking questions or making comments. It was almost as if she was ignoring them. Though she wasn't on purpose...

Experienced criminals always knew to 'case to place'. Familiarity was a weapon; pathways to take, blind-spots to exploit. Sigmund Morose was, unfortunately, not at all familiar with boardrooms that haemorrhaged pixels. Come to think of it, vague orators that were borderline masturbatory with their ambiguous wordplay lay outside his realm of expertise as well. Yet, disturbingly, the 'A m b i g' seemed all too familiar with him, and that triggered the cold nerves. If they had been merely one-note enemies from the past who sought to put bullets in him, it would have been perfectly acceptable. This, however, triggered something shockingly primal for such an un-enthused man. Sensations of fight or flight that he had hoped to abandon in retirement.

Fatalism found itself shoved aside by the innate desire for self-preservation.

Apathy torn asunder by displeasure.

Mr. Feelgood would have enthusiastically dubbed this to be a 'new and wondrous experience'. Sigmund Morose simply decided that someone had much to answer for.

His brow narrowed as he regarded the rest of his ragtag group. Of those who had spoken, he sensed youthful naivete, and an easy sort of trusting. Sigmund was not a kindred soul in this regard; there was strength in numbers, as well as a medley of hands to wield the knife that kills you.

"Charles." He lied. "I recommend urgency. If only because the smell's awful."

Last edited:
- - - - - Hana "Jo" Jo ✰ - - - - -
"Gods, how annoying. And explaining this to Mia isn't going to be fun either." The seemingly young girl spoke off to herself as the small group looked about and speaking to one another, confused of their whole situation. While Hana was a bit confused herself, she didn't seem to be alarmed in the slightest. Her current lifestyle always threw her for crazy twists and turns so this wasn't exactly out of the ballpark. Though she was relieved there were others with her. Otherwise she would have been lead to believe this to be a psychotic fan's kidnapping attempt. With everything said and done the girl made her way around the room, simply observing.

It took no time before she would come to realize the map simply pinned to the wall. With there being nothing else in the room that would indicate any type of help in their situation she thought it to be of high importance. It would also seem that a boy had noticed the map as well, pointing it out and asking who knows what if he was "allowed" to take it. Hana wasn't to really ask permission for anything she didn't think she needed to. And in the current situation, survival would come first. Everything simply felt, "Wrong".

With the map and pens in hand she simply looked it all over. There was practically nothing on the thing but a layout of building they were in and the room they occupied. "And this seems to be useless other than telling us where to go. Kind of reminds me of that one game I played.." Still talking to herself, she was remembering a horror game. One where all but two people died gruesomely. With the thought of death cast aside, Hana put the map along the nearest desk to wright something on the corner of the map side with the red pen. "R3". Then put both pin in her right pocket and the map, folded neatly, in her left-back pocket.

The whole time she had been in her own little world, not hearing much of anything going on around her with the ones asking questions or making comments. It was almost as if she was ignoring them. Though she wasn't on purpose...
"Ahh hold on, hold on!" Ben rushed towards the girl who'd just taken the map and written something on it. "Hold your horses miss, at least let me take a picture of that map, huh?" he asked, grabbing hold of her wrist. She seemed like a perfectly normal girl, and he didn't recognize her as he didn't venture too much into celebrity territory. If she made any sudden movements or was actually stronger than he thought, he would not be braced for that. He used his other hand to pull out his phone, which luckily was still in working order.

Looking back towards the one who called himself Charles, he nodded, "It does smell kinda bad, doesn't it? Reminds me of the time a friend of mine had a mishap with his--oh! Sorry, not the time. But let's split up and search, we'll cover more ground that way... Assuming we all cooperate." He tossed a bit of an unsure glance at the girl in the group.

[fieldbox='Isaac Ziegler/Zai, CadetBlue']
A few steps behind the rest of the people gushing out the door, Isaac walked slowly with his eyes fixed on the floor. He did his best to tune out their chatter, measuring each step carefully after the other until he was out in the hall. He stopped and glanced back, turning his head at a precise angle. It made his head hurt to see the chaotic knot of people talking and moving with a complete lack of sense, but something on the wall had caught his eye. A map. He had just enough time to memorize it before one of the others snatched it off the wall.

He turned quickly away to the right and hurried down the hall. He didn't care what the rest of them did. As long as they stayed away from him. There was no way he would ever get out of here without a meltdown if he had to stick around so much disorder while they all bumbled around tripping over each other.

At the first intersection he came to, Isaac turned right again. The sound of water was driving him crazy, simply because he had no idea where it might be coming from. The smell was more easily ignored; he could come up with a thousand explanations of what that could be in his sleep. Though oddly enough having even a made up explanation for it had no effect on the fact that it was unpleasant in nature.

But the water... now that, that was really bothering him.

He stopped. There was a door just to his left, and he could see another one not too far ahead on the right. Closing his eyes for a moment, he remembered seeing them on the map. Stepping up to the door closer to him, he turned and opened it.
[/fieldbox]

Holiday wasn't sure what to make of the situation they were in. It started with them finding themselves in a strange place with strange people. Then they were briefed on the situation at hand, which was incredibly vague. Finally, the room warped until they were left alone with a bunch of other people. The only thing they had to go on was a very vague looking map.

With a sigh, Holiday began following the group of people that were navigating their way through this strange place. It wasn't like they were uncomfortable, it was just the fact that they were in someplace strange and had no idea where to go. Might as well follow the group that hopefully knew where they were going rather than just stay in one spot.

The genderfluid person stayed in the back of the group, listening to the others talk. It seemed almost normal, when their situation was entirely abnormal. It was...comforting, to say the least. They crossed their arms as they listened to the chatter going on. One thing caught her attention. "You sure it's a good idea to split up? What if this is like a horror movie and we get picked off one by one when alone?" they asked, brows furrowed.

23335805-Censored-grunge-red-stamp-Stock-Photo.jpg

Making his way through the hall away from the group and taking that first right was a simple matter. What was less simple was the revelation that the source of the smell and the sound were one and the same, and a rather unpleasant combination at that. A seemingly endless torrent of sewer water, vile, foul, and undoubtedly putrid- blasted forth at the far end of the hall, from the right to the left. Not a single dropped seemed to spill out from the torrent and into the hallway itself, but still the flow served as a wall in its own sort- who would willingly go into that while it still came by like a roaring river of viscera, feces, and garbage. However, if all other options had been tried to no avail, it would serve as a truly final approach to escaping from the office environment that not only he but the rest of the group found themselves in.

Or, hopefully, there was some way to shut it off and find out more about what it even was.

sPKrymK.png

The tiny room before Isaac didn't seem to offer much in the way of progress. The trash bins, and what were likely cleaning supplies alluded to it being simply a utility closet of some sort. But what would catch the eye would be what loomed further wrong than anything else in the area so far- the wall behind the shelving unit didn't exist- to either side, certainly, but directly behind it, it was a thing of fiction, and Isaac would be so certain that in the distance beyond there lay something staring back in through the cracks into the distant light he'd have to embody. What was that quote about the abyss? It would feel to truly apply in this moment, even if it weren't to have been ever meant literally in its inception. The shelves sat upon the floor, leaning against nothing, without themselves being bolted to anything, so a push could possibly send them rolling back and into that deep dark, but anything with them would appear to likely vanish into the void just as well- there did not seem to be flooring either, simply more of the dark, and the strange colours that filled all perceptions in the office.

Stranger still, standing in that room would give him the sensation of his ears itching.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Starlighter
- - - - - ✰ Hana "Jo" Jo ✰ - - - - -
"Assuming we all cooperate-" The boy would say before a swift and firm palm would strike up into his unprotected gut. The girl he had taken a hold of so suddenly more than seemed as if she didn't exactly enjoy being told what to do, let alone be manhandled. In the same instant she had struck him, the girl ripped her arm out from his grip and took a step back away from him. "I highly suggest you do not approach me so suddenly, nor touch me, ever again." Her tone seemed low, yet stern. Quiet yet fierce. There was definitely more to her than what could be perceived. But she wasn't to get into that. "If you have a request of me then please feel free to ask, given it is nothing unnecessary."

Jojo drifted her attention around the room for a few second after her small speech noticing just how many others were in the same situation she was in. While she wasn't exactly against unity and teamwork, she was against being annoyed and having dead weight within the group. The talk of splitting up and half-personal greetings had already been giving her very uneasy feelings. But she knew there wasn't much she could do about it now.

Shortly after her gaze would return back to the one she had just hit, Ben, standing or not she would speak again without a change in tone. "Taking a picture would be a good idea, though. So please feel free." As she spoke the girl reached back into her pocket where she planned to keep the map and gently unfolded it, holding it open in front of her midsection plainly. Simply waiting for him to take his picture and nothing more, making sure her fingers would not obstruct any important features of the map.

@Vyzwx

< Axel Kernan - toXic >

[spoili]
3429d0b833e830e29c716f5c391dcffbdde0cbbd_hq.gif

[/spoili]

Axel ached to point out what a hypocrite the little girl was, demanding that people ask her permission to do things when she'd blatantly ignored Axel's own request by snatching the map away. Treating people in an aggressive manner, however deserved it may be, wasn't Axel's style though; it was much harder to manipulate people who didn't like you. For now she'd have to go unpunished, unless someone else decided to reprimand her. Keeping up his amiable demeanour, Axel leant back against a wall, chuckling lightly to himself at the conflict between Ben and the girl.

"I'm with Ben on cooperation, so I have a request of my own: for the sake of communication, could y'share your name?"Axel addressed the small girl, then speaking up to the group as a whole, "Anyone who hasn't yet should, then we really oughta go with what Charles said- urgency."

Despite professing that they needed act with haste, Axel's body stayed leant against the wall, his muscles relaxed. The only noticeable movement Axel made was the wrinkling of his noise, disapproving of the rampant stench.

Displeasure seemed to be the overarching theme of the day. The unnamed girl may have shared Sigmund's aptitude for distrust, but her instinct, defensive and aggressive all at once, was bound to be troublesome. The boy, on the other hand, had taken Sigmund's petition for urgency as an invitation to complete the round of introductions, which was not at all the intent. He sighed; perhaps the lone wolf had the right idea in splitting up.

Infiltration had been a prime aspect of Sigmund's former occupation, and the quick absorption of details and blueprints came with it. Sigmund took a gander at the map the girl had now unfurled over her torso. Doors, halls, walls, rooms. Simple enough, especially once you broke it down into the most basics of shapes and patterns.

"By urgency I meant that we should move. Show and tell's a bit much, honestly." 'Charles' said, opting to follow Isaac's example.

Taking the right to progress down the hall, he opted to turn left upon reaching the first intersection. He distinctly recalled two doors in this direction - one seemed to lead to nothing, while the other led to a room that led nearabouts the exit. A firm advocate of 'path of least resistance', he opted to open the latter.

[fieldbox='Isaac Ziegler/Zai, CadetBlue'][spoili]

[/spoili]

Isaac carefully aligned the door at a perfect 90° angle, then held it there with one hand while using his foot to move an unmarked bottle over to hold it in place. The mess of the room was enough to make him physically wince, and he closed his eyes, switching on his augs. The glitches had been driving him even more crazy than the real world some days, but this - this was just too much.

When he reopened his eyes, pixels randomly created blank spots in his vision, constantly shifting over about half of the room. Aside from the random pixels one half of the room looked perfectly ordered while the rest remained a total disaster. Gritting his teeth, he took a step further in and began arranging the items on the floor first, making it easier to get closer to the shelf and start moving things around. His hands moved quickly, re-creating the scene to resemble one of perfect order - every object arranged first by height, then colour, then alphabetically.

When he could finally observe the room without itching to adjust each object -
Itching... On impulse, he reached up to scratch his ear. The sensation didn't go away. Odd. Maybe there was something in here that he was having an allergic reaction to. The idea made him shudder, and he started inching back towards the hall.

With his eyes still on the shelf, he stopped. Impulse demanded, once again. The far 'wall' or what appeared to be a lack thereof, bugged him just as much as C before B, curved instead of straight. Moving rigidly, he stepped back into the room and carefully shifted the shelf off to one side, being extremely careful not to jostle any of it's content's out of place. He kept a few feet back from the blackness, a small voice somewhere in the back of his mind warning that he should just leave. But he couldn't... not just yet.

Isaac took a step closer to the blackness and raised his hand, tentatively reaching out until his fingers passed through it, up to his wrist. He felt nothing, exactly the same as lifting his arm straight out in front of him in any open space. Even more curious now he took a step forward, about to see if it was the same walking through it. Hesitating, he examined the order of the shelves for a moment, then selected a small box from the end of a row. Better safe than sorry... Turning back to the black space, he threw the box into it.

The box vanished. No sound, nothing to see. It simply vanished.

Isaac's eyes nearly jumped out of his head. He spun and bolted out of the room, slamming the door closed behind him with an unintentionally loud bang! He ran without seeing his surroundings, but when he stopped to sag against the wall and catch his breath, he was at another intersection.

[/fieldbox]

>> Christopher Xavier <<

Chris watched with widened eyes as 'Charles' left the group, venturing into the hallway. Sure, Chris would have loved to do some exploring, but he didn't think leaving the group was the best idea right now. He yawned and stepped forward, attempting to get most of everyone's attention.

"This is all pretty exciting, huh?" He asked, half laughing at himself, half laughing at the small girl being so defiant. He found her to be quite entertaining, but he did feel a little sorry for Ben.

"Oh right," catching himself, "The name's Chris, uh nice to meet you guys I guess." Noticing Axel against the wall, he finished introducing himself and places himself next to Axel, imitating his position on the wall.

"So uh... I guess we're all working together now?" He murmurs.

Holiday crossed their arms as they tried their best to keep a straight face at the smell. Though they couldn't really help but recoil a little and feel bile rise into their mouth at the raw sewage spilling out from the side of the wall, blocking their way. "Ugh..." They tried to rid themselves of any bad thoughts that came with the sewage and turned back to the group.

"Name's Holiday, don't ask what my mothers were thinking when they named me," they said, arms still crossed, "Guess we should find another way, huh?" They uncrossed their arms and waited for everyone else to say their piece. Perhaps they had something more interesting to say, some sort of direction they could go. They didn't know and hoped someone else had the answer.

For a moment, their vision flickered and they straightened their back in panic. The flickering subsided, though they were still on edge. "Hey, is anyone else's augs acting up?" they asked, eyeing everyone within the group, "Or is it just me? I've got a bad feeling about this all of a sudden..."

Taking the right to progress down the hall, he opted to turn left upon reaching the first intersection. He distinctly recalled two doors in this direction - one seemed to lead to nothing, while the other led to a room that led nearabouts the exit. A firm advocate of 'path of least resistance', he opted to open the latter.
x15galw.png

In what should likely have been a turn of events that surprised no one, the path of least resistance was locked. Police and cautionary tape crisscrossed the door alongside chains, with a massive digital lock dead center on the intersection of the tape and chains. While the chains stood rigid, it was the tape that deceptively appeared frail, though a cursory look upon it would reveal that even the chains moved gently every once in a while- the tape was completely rigid and stationary- more an artifact placed over reality than something within that reality itself. The lock required a password of sorta, but unhelpfully it had a full alphanumerical keyboard attached and gave no indication of the length of the password either- guessing it would be a pipe dream.

Behind Sigmund, however, came a more pressing threat. The feeling of a presence beyond the peripheral would flood him, and there behind him now stood a figure that had seemingly no means of sneaking up as efficiently as it had. It looked like a man, but with data corruption and corrosion obscuring the face, almost like AMBIG, but distinctly more... sinister. Whereas AMBIG stood broken as if a means to obsfuscate, the security official retained an eerie facade of functionality and corruption, making it hard not to notice that in their pouch aside their pocket radio one sat a knife.

"H E L L O, S I G M U N D," the figure spoke in an uncomfortably jovial tone with underlying static and radio interference, a mockery of genuine kindness upon their face, "A R E Y O U L O S T?"

"Assuming we all cooperate-" The boy would say before a swift and firm palm would strike up into his unprotected gut. The girl he had taken a hold of so suddenly more than seemed as if she didn't exactly enjoy being told what to do, let alone be manhandled. In the same instant she had struck him, the girl ripped her arm out from his grip and took a step back away from him. "I highly suggest you do not approach me so suddenly, nor touch me, ever again." Her tone seemed low, yet stern. Quiet yet fierce. There was definitely more to her than what could be perceived. But she wasn't to get into that. "If you have a request of me then please feel free to ask, given it is nothing unnecessary."

Jojo drifted her attention around the room for a few second after her small speech noticing just how many others were in the same situation she was in. While she wasn't exactly against unity and teamwork, she was against being annoyed and having dead weight within the group. The talk of splitting up and half-personal greetings had already been giving her very uneasy feelings. But she knew there wasn't much she could do about it now.

Shortly after her gaze would return back to the one she had just hit, Ben, standing or not she would speak again without a change in tone. "Taking a picture would be a good idea, though. So please feel free." As she spoke the girl reached back into her pocket where she planned to keep the map and gently unfolded it, holding it open in front of her midsection plainly. Simply waiting for him to take his picture and nothing more, making sure her fingers would not obstruct any important features of the map.

@Vyzwx
"OW!" Ben wheezes, taking several steps back as he clutched his gut with both hands. He'd dropped his phone, and went to pick it up now, slowly, so as to not startle the pretty martial artist there. "Not exactly a run-of-the-mill 'miss' are you? Holy jeebus..." This may be a blessing in disguise though, as Ben had been thinking these people were all just like him, regular people trying to make an honest living... He would be more cautious of these individuals from now on. He took the picture with one hand and rubbed his midriff. "...Th-thanks?" he tried, looking at the girl in bewilderment, a little annoyance evident in his voice for anyone who cared to look into it.

With a deep breath to slip back into a state of calm, he reviewed the picture he took and wondered if the gut punch had even been worth it. The exit was literally right there... With a smile though, he acknowledged Axel and Holiday, turning to try and address them both. "Well, I don't like the thought of sticking around for too long with this smell. If any of you still here aren't too against it, I would like to quickly exchange digits so we can contact and send each other things safely... But we could also split off into two groups if you're worried about movies coming to life... uh... Holiday." He ended with a glance at said person, and grinned good-naturedly, not catching on about their gender-fluidity just yet.

He would proceed to talk to Axel. "We could just share our numbers, to communicate between groups. Chris seems to want to go with you, so if Holiday doesn't mind, she can come with me. Howzzat sound?" He had his number ready to send. "Oh, nice to meet you all by the way, yes."
@Daz

Chains, tape, keypad and lock. Redundancies that impressed upon Sigmund the futility of his current endeavour. He had half a mind to attempt to barge into the door itself, although he was doubtful it would amount to much. In any case the presence that made itself known to him would likely have objected in hostile fashion. Pixelation in flux made an approximation of eye contact with Sigmund, who replied to the guard's inquiry with an exasperated sigh.

"If I may be allowed to wax philosophical..." Sigmund began, observing details of his newfound adversary which weren't mired by visual static. The knife was an unfortunate sight, and at this range, Sigmund was unsure if it was more or less preferable than a gun. In any case, it implied some form of ill intent. And if it knew his name, then, well, its inquiry was likely somewhat rhetorical.

"See, I have this map committed to memory, so in theory I know where I am. But I don't know what the rooms hold, where the paths lead. So, am I lost? Who can say? Although." Sigmund allowed himself the facsimile of a smile, "Now that you're here, surely you can help me out?"

Without waiting any longer than she had to the girl returned the map, folded, to her back pocket and let out a deep breath. Of course hitting someone you were going to be stuck with for some time straight off the bat wasn't to sit well with anyone. But grabbing someone and ordering them around seemed a bit worse. Eh, who cares.
With another deep breath she looked over to the boy against the wall. Axel. Her first impressions of him just based off of his stance and appearance left her in a questioning position. But regardless, she only had to be around these people until they escaped. Without responding or reacting much to Ben's retort against her actions, she began to speak again.

"My name is Jojo. I will do my best to keep this map safe as I think it will be of more importance than a simple layout of the area. Also with how simple it is I can assure you the two that have already gone off are to be in quite a bit of trouble fairly soon." Jojo slowly took a few steps forward towards the rooms exit door.
"I am usually not one to give orders, so my suggestion is we find them before anything happens to them or before we split up. This place feels much more "off" than just a kidnapping game to me. Any opposition?"

The girl now stood quietly before the doorway, waiting for their answer..

Holiday just sighed as their question was ignored. Maybe it was just them, maybe their augments were just on the fritz or something. "Alright, I'm okay with that...I guess," they said as they crossed their arms once more. They stood there as the others chatted about who was going in what direction, none of them really taking the role of a leader. Except maybe that girl Jojo, she seemed stubborn and headstrong.

"Alright, hold on, I'll exchange my number with you..." Then she noticed it again, a flickering in the world around her. Their hearing tuned out everything and they began to panic as they tried to regain control of their hearing. Their hearing came back a second later and they realized they were breathing heavily, hyperventilating really. "...Um..."

They tried to shrug off their panic attack as no big deal before going back to what they were doing before the freak out. This time, they were more cautious in using their augments and tried to give the others their number. "Did you guys get that?" they asked, looking at all of them with concern. Hopefully they could get out of there so they could get their augments checked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.