Digital Scions ( Cyberweird RP )

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BrattyCommissar

Original poster
.eJwFwdENhCAMANBdGICGikDdhiBBc0oJrfHjcrvfe1_zzMts5lAdsgHspxSeuxXlmVu1jbldNY9TbOEbsmoux127CqAP3pOLhIhxCYkSYEh-pUAhOiJ0bkV4-qfz2-3ozfz-C4Ui_Q.tsligCTEwTepkkT-DhCLHOwzqvo

The cyberrevolution has come and gone. Cloud interconnectivity and augmented reality are the norm. Quality of life has risen so much. Automation, robotics, virtual intelligences, drones, and more keep society flowing and healthy! Cyberware even offset the experienced effects of weather, and illness! Hubs of high tech activity within cities have even been dubbed ‘Gentlelands’- crime free utopias for all who find their way in. All thanks to the works of wondrous family tech companies like Virtuatrix.

What a time to be alive.

The only people who decry the newfound integration are regularly shown on the news and talk shows being torn apart and mocked for the religious luddites, backwoods hicks, and conspiracy theorists that they obviously were. Extremists, who don’t know what’s good for them, obviously. Right?

Or so people thought.

The first reality glitch appeared over one of the oldest hubs of Virtuatrix technological deployment- a gash that stretched across the sky as far as the eye could see. People reported it as a bug in their augmented reality specs, and Virtuatrix went right to work on hotfixing it, assuring people that they had nothing to worry about and didn’t need to disable their augments.

But people never listen perfectly.

Reports spread like wildfire, that the gash remained visible without augments, and panic set in. Those same luddites, theorists, and hicks saw the gash in the sky too, as further reports indicated. It became rapidly clear that this problem exceeded any hotfix that Virtuatrix could put out, yet the nature of the incident remained a mystery. Government forces took charge of the situation to monitor the gash, and ensure the protection of its citizenry, and absolved Virtuatrix of all involvement with it.

But now more gashes are etching across the sky, and growing. Some skies have been entirely distorted by these reality glitches, and that’s only the beginning. Rumours are spreading of other manifestations, but both Virtuatrix and the government have denied the allegations.

"Monsters are not real."

You, however, now know better.

Your augments began acting up not too long ago. First, you couldn’t disable them, but all at once they did so much more. Your sensory feeds glitched out leaving you in an abyss, completely devoid of all sensations. When your senses came back, your cyberware had changed in some unknown way, you couldn't explain how but you knew it intuitively. And you still couldn't just disable it.

Struggling to find answers, nothing came to you. Reports filed took ages, and no help came from the police either; they were 'too busy'. Nothing came to you...

That is, until they did.

Calling themselves Ambig, they were unlike any person you had met before. They stood before you, fancifully dressed with a strangeness- like a broken screen still trying to shine through the distortion- to their face that left it always obscured. They communicated unintelligibly but you understood- your augments seemed to translate them underneath everything.

They spoke around your questions, promising much but not delivering it right away. Communicated that they couldn't tell you everything there, that it wasn't safe, that others could be watching- though how, you do not know. Any objections they rejected and you could not make them leave...

And then, they grabbed you by the hand, and pulled you towards a portal- like the gash in the sky- but in the room with you. When you crossed to the other side, you were somewhere else.

It appeared as an office in an old building, though clearly wrong, and your cyberware couldn't give you your location- as far as you could tell, you were everywhere and nowhere at once. With you in the room with other normal people, and for each of the people there sat another of them just like Ambig, each finely dressed but with differing statures, yet never an inch of visible skin between the lot of them. Part of you figured you were going to get answers to your first questions here, but now?

Now there were so many more to ask.

~⋆~⋆~⋆~⋆~⋆~⋆~⋆~⋆~⋆~⋆~⋆~⋆~⋆~​

Digital Scions is a cyberweird rp, about people whose cyberware, whether they wanted them to begin with or not, acted up. Your characters will slowly dive into a world of technological integration that goes beyond practical and mundane, facing trials and tribulations along the way as they uncover the secret of it all. With the reality glitches spread, growing in size and in number, what will happen if they cover the sky? Cover everything?

What can be done? What can you do?

Well, if you're interested in the RP, you could let me know below and see if we can get this party started. I've recently gained a lot of free time to dedicate to RPing, and so... yeah kinda wanna get back into it, y'know?

This seems like an interesting idea so far! I'm curious as to the Ambig is and whether or not Virtuatrix is the typical bad guy in this story or is really trying to help.

This seems like an interesting idea so far! I'm curious as to the Ambig is and whether or not Virtuatrix is the typical bad guy in this story or is really trying to help.
No no no, it's Ambig not Ambig.

But i got bored and made a picture of ( one of ) them last night / this morning 8) so guess we got that going for us

FhznIAh.png

I am super duper interested in this. I've never heard of the genre "cyberweird," but it sounds amazingly cool.

I might be interested in this...

Well, I'm super interested in this thing. Count me the Hell in.

Hey~hey^^!!

Interested! Soooo... Like will just wait for OoC...

...and then Boo will run away crying cuz Boo won't understand techy~techno speak :/ but... Will still give it a go... :]

Count me in!

yeeeeee

Hey~hey^^!!

Interested! Soooo... Like will just wait for OoC...

...and then Boo will run away crying cuz Boo won't understand techy~techno speak :/ but... Will still give it a go... :]

Oh no runnin way now, y'all ain't got nothin to fear. Making a tech illiterate person is super supported by what all'll be done. After all, some people with augs may have only gotten them for work requirements- or for fashion- doesn't mean you the player or even the character have to know how they work or what technobabble is going on.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Boo Girlie BoomBoom
Yay for not having to be smart!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Going to try to get the OOC up today or tomorrow- before the ice storm supposedly hits and i may be without power 8)

• Bucket of Rainbows
Ok.

I think I might join with someone motoring orientated.

Going to try to get the OOC up today or tomorrow- before the ice storm supposedly hits and i may be without power 8)
Awesomesauce.

Though not the supposed ice storm and supposed being without power bit. That doesn't sound like awesomesauce.

K so like so soooory but just tech stuffs just not boo's strong point. At all. Dropping out from interest.

Good luck with RP k? ^^!!

Oooo, this looks cool! Definitely interested! Like, don't get me wrong, I'm new and you'll probably have to bear with thousands of formatting struggles. but dang this is a well-put-together concept!

Status
Not open for further replies.