Digimon World Online (Canceled)

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CursedDawn

banner-03-44-22-09-01-2016-original.png

welcome to Digimon World Online (DWO) program, your way into the digital world.

Hello there. I would like to on the behalf of the Thakumi cooperation invite you to our offices and by extension the Digital World Online program. The DWO project has been in the making for several years and is almost ready to launch, in light of this we would like to have a few people test it. It is for this reason, we have sent you this letter. We would like you to be one of these select few. To protect the DWO program and several layers of legal reasons we can not disclose much about the project in this letter, but we will answer any and all questions at the event. This event will take place at the 18th of February at Thakumi headquarters. We hope to see you there.
Best wishes, The Thakumi cooperation​
It has been about a week since you and five others received this letter along with a card the showed the exact location and the time the event starts, only one issue. The time shown on each card is slightly different. In reality, this letter is just a trick. It makes it seem like the Thakumi cooperation is going to hold and event to show you and tell you about the DWO program, but sadly this is just straight up kidnapping. They need someone to enter into the program and fix all the bugs and flaws they simply can't do anything about from the outside, and this is where you come in. While it is true that the Thakumi cooperation has done tests on DWO, it has never worked as intended. A few of the issues they have run into are that the code you are made up of as you get transported in often breaks and you get lost in the program. While another problem is that the people who have survived being digitized get locked in the program, eventually going insane.

In the media, the DWO program has been advertised as a way for people to travel into the digital world and experience it. However, the end goal is for the Thakumi cooperation to be able to transport people and Digimon between the two worlds. They are hoping to sell the Digimon to people as pets, toys and even weapons.

They can not be allowed to do this, and thankfully most Digimon are resisting. However there a few strong Digimon and the ones that follow them that hunger for battle and see the human world as just another battlefield and have decided to help the Thakumi cooperation and have set up control points all over the digital world.

Thankfully you and a few others survive being digitized and transported into the digital world and get told that fixing the issues will allow you to return to our world, but all around you, it can see how the code is breaking apart and destroying the digital world. So will you help the people who kidnapped you or will you turn your back on them and head out to ruin everything they have built ?

The choice is ultimately yours.​

As her eyes opened, the harsh sunlight made Christine reflexively shield them with her arm. Her first instinct was to roll over and go back to sleep, however as she tried she realized it wasn't her bed beneath her, but a grassy forest floor. "W-wha..." She mumbled in confusion as she forced herself up rubbing her eyes as she looked around. Christine found herself on the ground in a small clearing surrounded by trees. "What... where... the hell am I?" She wondered aloud as she scratched the back of her head. As she got to her feet she noticed she wasn't alone, there were five other kids of varying ages laying in the grass just as she had been, only adding to her confusion further. "Ok what the hell is going-" she began before her mind caught up to her. "Oh... that's right... there was that invitation about that new online thing... digimon or whatever it was, I went down there and... nothing" she thought aloud as she remembered. She could recall arriving at the building but nothing afterwards.

It was then that a voice interrupted her thoughts. "This is the Digital World, human, you have all been brought here by the Thakumi Corporation." The voice said. Turning to find who spoke, she spotted him, or perhaps "it" was better. It appeared to be a small dinosaur wearing an army outfit and carrying an assault rifle. Christine raised an eyebrow at the strange creature, "Ok... an overgrown lizard with a gun... because that's normal" She quipped. "I am Commandramon, sent by the corporation to oversee your mission here. The details are in a message within your digivices." He explained.

"Digivice? What are you talking about?" She asked, only then noticing the fingerless glove on her left hand. It appeared to be covered in circuitry with a round button in the back. Upon pushing it, a holographic screen appeared, and on it was a message displayed.

"If you are reading this message, you have been successfully been transported to the Digital World. You have a rather simple mission here. As you should see if you look around the distance, there are 5 towers we have constructed around the Digital World, these towers are responsible for our connection to this world, however before they could be fully activated the native creatures, digimon, became too much of a problem. Our workers had to retreat, leaving our towers unattended. Our connection to the Digital World as is, is weak and unstable. You are to capture digimon of your own, it is not our concern how, and use them against the other digimon causing problems outside our towers so you can activate them. Once you have activated all five, you shall be returned to the real world safe and sound."

"Ok... wow... yeah that's a great idea, let's kidnap a bunch of kids and throw em into a monster infested world because we're cowards, because that's a wonderful idea." She mocked as she closed the message. She glanced back at Commandramon, though he clearly wasn't going to say much more for now. Rolling her eyes, she went to the nearest unconscious kid, a silver haired boy that looked to be a few years older than her, and gave him a light kick in the shoulder. "Hey! Get up! C'mon wake the hell up!" she shouted down at him, giving him another light kick. She grabbed a couple of small twigs off the ground and tossed em at a couple of the others, "Geez now I know how mom feels trying to wake me up in the morning..."

Maxwell awoke to a bright light in his face.. his head was killing him... "AAHHH WHAT HAPPENED ... " he says opening his eyes
noticing that he was in a forest he jolted for a second... "Where am I" he asked as he saw a few others knocked out just as he
was but one was away kicking a silver haired boy.

Maxwell sat up tossing the twigs off his clothing, looking at his left arm he had a armband sleeve jet black glove with a round
digivice in the middle. He saw the girl she must have not noticed that he was awake as her focus must have been the
person nearest to her.

"Come on Maxwell remember... remember... ummm Thankumi Corporation... invitation.. OH YEA TRIP TO THE DIGITAL WORLD!!"
he said aloud as he began whispering to himself.
The moment he screamed out Commandramon turned aiming its assault rifle at him, and Maxwell got to his feet reaching for his
pistol but looked down on his hip and noticed he didn't have it. "Ok I guess weapons don't make the trip, and you my dino friend
must be a digimon am I right?"
he asked
Commandramon put the rifle down... "You are correct human.." he replied

Maxwell looked at Christine... "I know this is gonna sound redundant but you seem like your a little ahead of the curve but can you
tell me whats going on, kinda would like to hear it from a human... I'm Maxwell Lynx but friends just call me Lynx"
he says

He looks at the digivice and saw a button he pressed it
"If you are reading this message, you have been successfully been transported to the Digital World. You have a rather simple mission here. As you should see if you look around the distance, there are 5 towers we have constructed around the Digital World, these towers are responsible for our connection to this world, however before they could be fully activated the native creatures, digimon, became too much of a problem. Our workers had to retreat, leaving our towers unattended. Our connection to the Digital World as is, is weak and unstable. You are to capture digimon of your own, it is not our concern how, and use them against the other digimon causing problems outside our towers so you can activate them. Once you have activated all five, you shall be returned to the real world safe and sound."

"ok that explains a lot but how are we supposed to capture digimon with sticks and rocks?" he asks

@CursedDawn
@Kurogane86
@Arcandum
@GlassTrinity

Last edited by a moderator:
"Geez, what's happening..."

Rin awakens from his slumber, confused at his - or was it her - surroundings. He was now on top of a grassy patch. That was very odd.

Just then, he saw what appeared to be a draconid beast in military dons.

"This is the Digital World, human, you have all been brought here by the Thakumi Corporation."

"What the-" Rin was a little shocked. "Isn't that-"

Thakumi Corps... those guys certainly were more that meets the eye.

"I am Commandramon, sent by the corporation to oversee your mission here. The details are in a message within your digivices."

Digi- what now? Digivices?

Rin frantically searched his pockets and felt his body, but to no avail. There was nothing new!

He looked at the girl who was activating hers, and it broadcasted a message.

"Capture... Digimon? I think I'll need a tutorial for this..." Rin utters, then turns to the other two conscious humans, "so... who are you all?"

@CursedDawn @Iroh

"The 'humans'... those are Gankoomon's orders, and I must follow!" Sistermon Blanc runs through some woods, a pathway that she believes will head to these 'humans' she mentioned.

As she ran, she saw something... someone...

"Who-"​

Last edited:
Christine shrugged, "Something about digimon and towers, the message explained it... and we got these digivice things, I think that's yours on your arm." she told him, pointing to Maxwell's arm. "Those genius big shots at Thakumi decided it'd be a good idea to send a bunch of random kids to do their jobs for them" she explained with notable spite in her voice, "the commando wannabe over there is our guard dog to make sure we do what they want" she said, pointing to Commandramon. Christine reactivated her digivice, glancing over the holographic screen at the various options. Never having been one to care much about technology, she proceeded to press a button at random on the screen.

"Scanning..." A synthetic voice from the digivice said, "Commandramon, Rookie level Cyborg digimon, foot soliders of the D-Brigade army currently being created by Thakumi." It spoke, showing an image of one as it explained. "Huh... well this thing can tell you about these digimon apparently." She muttered, once more turning off the screen, having already lost interest again. "Anyway... you two, hurry and wake the others up, I don't know what those jackasses at Thakumi did but this guy is out like a damn rock, I've kicked him like 10 times in the same spot and he's still not awake" she told them. "I'm gonna look around a little" She said, proceeding to wander around the edges of the clearing, looking through the trees, noting the natural yet digital aspects of the world, such as the circuits running across the sky and occasionally the ground. Upon returning, she gestured over her shoulder, "If there are any other people here they aren't anywhere nearby."

"Well, good luck with that," Rin says to Christine, revealing a light smug. "By the way, army dragon dog guy, Commandramon, is that correct? You do realise that you're a Digimon and the Digivice thing advised us to 'capture digimon of your own, it is not our concern how'. Hint hint. Don't worry, I'm not that kind of person, but one of the other guys or girls might be. And I'm going to wake them up."

Looking at a bespectacled lass in mild-punk clothes as he recognised them as with the belts and all, he tries to raise her by the armpits. "Rings a bell or two. Let us see how it goes," Rin could not handle the girl's weight, since he was clearlier tinier than she was, and possibly lighter.

Of course!

"You're kind of heavy, that I can say" he comments on the unconscious lass. That would certainly wake a girl up.

@GlassTrinity

"Was that..."

Sistermon Blanc could've sworn she saw some sort of humanoid being walking. Was that human or was that Digimon? She saw the entity walking towards and around the vicinity, and then back where she came from.

Sistermon Blanc chose to pursue the odd individual.

The group of six humans and Commandramon would notice some rustling in the bushes. No one would know what it was until it would pop out.

@CursedDawn @Iroh

Adam opened his eyes and immediately heard a bunch of kids talking. He sat up and looked at his surroundings. His eyes opened up wide as he finally realized. "Holy shit. We made it were in the digital world" Adam stood up and looked at the digimon in front of them "Commandramon? Wow, I can't believe we made it here in one piece, I have to be honest the theory of a digital world is fainting but the actual thing is mind blowing."

Adam looked around, after going over the message from his digivice. "Well I guess we should get started right? We should hurry up and find some digimon partners." Adam held up his digi vice to see if it react to any digimon near him but it failed. "I thought it was a long shot but can't blame me for trying I guess we don't have destined partners." He faced the group. "So how do we go about recruiting digimon?"

Reactions: Iroh
Maxwell looked and saw that someone else woke up looking over at Adam
"Great you made it i was beginning to think you were never gonna wake up... not we just have to worry about those two" he says pointing at the other two that are still knocked out.

@Kurogane86

"Im Maxwell, and you can call me Lynx you have seen Commandramon... but if we are meant to find and capture our own digimon I think we should at least split up into groups at least until the rest wake up" he says looking at Adam, Christine and Rin.

Maxwell heard rustling... he thought it could have been an enemy "COMMANDRAMON" he calls out.
Commandramon noticed the rustling... "Could be a enemy hiding... M16 Assassin" he calls out aiming his assault rifle at the bushes... but the rustling stopped causing commandramon to lower his guard

@CursedDawn
@GlassTrinity
@Arcandum

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam looked back he saw Maxwell pointed at the other kids that were currently still sleeping. "Yeah well, let's get things settled here first then." Before Adam could finish his sentence he heard Maxwell call out to Commandramon. Adam waited to see what digimon would pop out of the bushes, but it was a false alarm. "That was anti climactic."

Adam looked at the others then thought to himself. 'Our goal here is to recruit digimon and use then to protect those towers but first things first.' "We need those guys to wake up. Do you think maybe their subconscious just hasn't finished downloading?"

@Iroh

Status
Not open for further replies.