Difficult Video Games

Men of War

The campaign missions are often pitting the player against an A.I. that can both outnumber him/her and outgun 'em. Even on easy a few of the missions took quite a few tries for me to complete.

and as has been said, Dwarf Fortress

But losing is fun!

dwarf-fortress.jpg

FunComic.png

Kinda ironic since in fanlingo "Fun" means losing.

Also NETHACK!

Never been able to finish it.

Fire Emblem is an epic series. I didn't find it too difficult except for, unlike other games of that style, there really isn't any way to power level except for the arenas. It's not like you can go back and redo the fights to gain additional experience. You have to pick who you're going with it strategically level the crap out of them.

As my brain tries to think of the last really hard game I've played I go keep going back to two. Mario Brothers, maybe cause I was young, maybe because I played for hours and never realized you could skip levels, or maybe it was because my mom could pick up the control and bounce on a turtle in a corner and get XIAVZ weird symbols of lives.

The other one is Call of Duty : Black Ops - Nazi Zombies. Maybe it's cause I just got screwed last night playing it, but, god damn. Going along, doing good, doing awesome. Got some great guns and got them upgraded. Just spent all my money on all the powers up so now I'm mauling shit. Buddy tosses a grenade, does a little damage but I'm okay. Than all of a sudden I'm swarmed by crawlers and zombies and go down. Everybody RUNS like a BITCH and leaves me to die. So, they beat the stage, we are on wave 21 and I am now back to a pistol - no power ups and no money. Can we say f'ed?

Another one is Monster Hunter. I never got the ability to play with other people when I was enthralled in the series and it's like WTF. I've been beating the crap out of this dragon forever and I run out of time!? How jacked is that!?