Differences in Blood

When he had sit down at the table he saw her smile again at him. He felt for the first time his heart flip flop in his chest. It was such a strange feeling...but what was it? Despite that what he was feeling...he noticed for the first time just how much he was coming to enjoy that smile. The woman had flashed it at him only a few times but it he couldn't help it. Her pretty lips formed just the perfect shape when she did smile. Looking at her the werewolf had also noticed the shape of her features. Her jaw was strong but soft and elegant looking for a woman and those eyes? He had never seen such a color where he had come from. Then the woman reached up and touched her face upon him asking his question about her flushed cheeks, excusing it as her just being warm. But, somehow, he didn't buy it at all. It didn't seem right. The house was cool enough to be refreshing but not terribly freezing. But before he could ask another question she Asked a question about the smell he had .

The woman got up and came back with a cup, holding the same liquid that was producing the smell. He took the cup greatfully, taking another smell. This was definitly it...and Persephone had called it Coffee. Ian took the cup and put it to his lips, taking a taste of the liquid. The liquid pleasantly bit at his tounge with snaps of pleasure. It was a strong, somewhat bitter taste but he liked it. A smile formed on his lips as he took another taste of it. After he had swallowed that mouthful the unforgettable flavor was still in his mouth.

"It is good. Never had anything like it...but...." he said, trailing off and reaching out curiously, touching her forehead with the back of his hand. "You are not very warm at all...do you feel how warm my skin is?"

He moved his hand away and gently touched hers for a few moments before pulling away. Ian then glanced down to her drink then back to her.

"I don't mean to ask so many questions...but what ARE you drinking? And perhaps the truth as to why your cheeks are that way and what you do around here?" he asked refuring to the city, smiling warmly before taking another long sip of his own drink.

She could hear the blood pounding in her ears as the world decided to stop spinning. In all her years she had never reacted so strong to another person's touch. And good God, he was testing if she had a temperature. She didn't know what to do, so she just stood there staring into his strange but beautiful green eyes. "Yes I can feel how warm you are." She answered softly.

His touch had taken her breath away when his hand had rested on her forehead. But when his hand touched hers she found a lump forming in her throat. She had to stop. If he was as clueless as he said before, he probably had no idea of the effect he had on her.

When he finally pulled away, Persephone slid slowly into her seat, completely clueless herself. She watched him for a moment as he looked at his cup and then back to her. Suddenly she was very glad for him to speak. It was a slight distraction from everything that had just transpired in that lifetime of a moment. A distraction he quickly ruined by smiling. She glanced away at the table, dusting away a few imaginary crumbs. "You're alright to ask questions…I guess that's why I'm here." She gave a slightly nervous laugh. "I'm drinking a glass of wine, that's why I'm flushed. Alcohol always does that to me. As for what I do around here…" She decided to be bold and look at him again. "Well I read a lot. Sometimes I watch TV. In the city I like to go to the park. Sometimes my friends and I go to the clubs or bars." She shrugged. "Maybe when you get a little more familiar..I can take you?"

She had to stop herself from laughing at the idea of bringing him out to a place like that. She could hear herself now. This is my date! He's a werewolf!

For some reason...when he had touched his naturally feverish skin to her forehead, he could hear her heart beat pick up. Thump, Thump, thumping one right after another against her chest. It was a new discovery for him since he didn't know just how females reacted to things. In all his years at the compound he had never been chosen to breed with a female. Starting at the age of sexual maturity in Werewolves, seventeen years old, they randomly chose a female and a male to breed. It was most likely that they were choosing third generations to breed...since they had less desirable traits than Second generations who were more purely bred. He was considered a second generation...the last one in fact. The other had been gunned down by a angry gaurd for no other reason than to just take out his frustrations of the day with a little werewolf target practice. After he had pulled away from touching her forehead and hands to took another swig of his Coffee. She had told him that she could feel his heater like warmth so he knew that it wasn't that making her flushed.

It was then that he asked his questions which she met with glance down to the table, brushing something off it he could have sworn wasn't there in the first place.Then with a nervous laugh told him it was alright to ask...that she was there for that anyways. But the thing that was making her flushed was what she called "wine" a strange form of Alcohol. He could smell it from where he was sitting, even above the pungent smell of the coffee. It smelled just like fruit the gaurds used to eat right in front of them. As a werewolf he wondered how such a drink would effect his own self...weather is would be wise to try it or not. Finally, once she was awnsering the question about what she did around the city, Persephone looked him in the eyes. She told him that she read books, watched TV, and hung out at parks, Clubs and Bars with her friends. That perhaps when he became more familiar with his surroundings that she might take him. After taking another long swig he looked at her, swallowing the liquid as he tilted his head a bit, thinking about it. After awhile he sat up strait once again, nodding and setting down his cup.

"I don't see why not...sounds like it might be worth a try...might be, fun. Who knows? But I am going to trust your judgment...besides if that is where you are getting the Wine...it might be intreasting to try some myself...But how do you keep up with all this? I do know humans use Money...but even for the guards out at the Compound it wasn't free...and they didn't like loaning it out..."

She smiled at that. He really didn't understand the ways things worked out in the real world. "I have a job as a desk clerk at a place called Price Pharmaceuticals. I just welcome people into the building and direct them to where they are going. Make sure I keep track of who is coming in and out. It's a little boring, but it pays well." She shrugged. "I get my money from there and hence." She made a sweeping hand gesture. "All of this."

She grinned again and stood up again. "But that's just a boring part about life in the city; having a job you don't care for." She walked over to the cabinet and pulled out another wine glass and took her seat again. "But here, you can have some of this now. Better here safe in my apartment then out in public." She laughed a little bit. Despite the tension they had just had between one another she seemed much more relaxed now. She deftly filled the cup for him and topped off her own.

He listened as she told him about her life here in the city. How she provided for herself all these fine things for herself...to have this life she did. Persephone told him that she worked for a "Pharmaceutical Company" as a desk Clerk. All she had to do was welcome humans in and out of the building and keep track of who came and left. To her it was boring but she seemed to be pleased with how it "paid" her and that it was the reason she had all of this. Ian nodded, understanding. It seemed to make perfect sense so he didn't ask more on the subject. A job seemed to be a sensible Idea to make his way into society..to make himself seem like a normal human being. And earning money would, eventully a place of his own and things to own. He smiled at the thought, taking note to ask her later who he could possibly come about getting a job. She then got up from her seat and came back with a glass.

Putting it in front of him she began to fill it with a hefty portion, telling him that it would be a better idea to try the wine here rather than out in public. Ian didn't know how he or his body would react to the wine...alcohol. He picked up the glass carefully and brought it up to his nose. The smell was sharp and strong to him. It was unlike anything he had ever smelled before. Ian placed the glass against his lips and took a drink. It was a odd sensation running down his throat...but it wasn't a bad feeling. The werewolf then continued and took a long drink, before putting the half empty glass down. At this point his body was processing the Alcohol now in his system. By the time he had finnished the large portion of wine he felt his body buzzing with an addictive sensation. He sat back, and closed his eyes for a few moments. As a did a pleased, relaxed smile slid across his lips.

"That...is a nice feeling..."

Then he started to feel his head spin a little bit but ignored it, not bothering with it for now.

"So...what are we...you up to today?"

Opening his eyes he looked back at her, sitting up a little bit. As he did he gripped the table, staying upright.