Differences in Blood

Ian looked a bit confused as she asked why he kept addressing himself like he wasn't human. He sighed, exasperated. So she had not caught onto the things that screamed non-human. He knew that he had growled at her, even if it wasn't intentional. And his eyes? The werewolf was not a expert by any streach of the imagination an expert in human's but he was pretty sure human's did not sport his shade of green eyes.

"Now...You look like an intellegent human...so I really don't think I need to explain from the beginning but I will....Once upon a time there were some snobbish blood suckers...they decided that they were better than everyone else so they declared war on the human's. It turned into world war three and my people tried to stay out of their way but one of those blood suckers decided to open their mouths and blame my people for an event during the course of the war. That got us involved and we found ourselves facing tools human's had not used before. Some fought back against the Vampires and Humans the rest of us were captured and torn from our homes. Near the end of the war the vampires had been contained by the humans in labor camps where they still live to this day...the same fate was decided for the Werewolves....I am a werewolf. Considered a major security breech when I got out of the compound...they tried to take me down with a silver blade but I narrowly avoided them...I can't go back there...I am a dead man if I do..."

He looked at her curiously, frowning a bit as he cocked his head a bit to the side.

"If you didn't know about our exsistance...what have they been telling people about us? World War Three...? People used to believe quite firmly in our exsistance..."

She stared at him. It was all she could do. After all this man had just told her that the monsters that go bump in the night were real and that the government had covered it up. In fact they had covered it up so much that the world did not even know that World War Three was actually a battle against these paranormal creatures. Not the result of rising stress in the Middle East. It was a lot to take in and so strange, that all Persephone could do was laugh.
“I’m sorry!” She said in between her laughter. “You really want me to believe that the government has special camps for vampires and werewolves. World War Three was a battle over them and you are an escaped werewolf?”
Her laughter died down when she looked into those eyes again. Those were not human eyes. He had growled at her earlier hadn’t he? What about the noises he had reacted to? And weren’t the pieces of metal she pulled from his wound silver? She shot to her feet and climbed on the couch beside him. Without asking she peeked under his bandages and frowned. It had healed more than it should have. She sat back on her heels and started staring at him again. This time she didn’t laugh.
“You don’t seem human, but this is a lot to try and wrap my head around. I’ve heard of vampires and werewolves, but more in stories. I had an uncle once who said he had been bitten by a vampire but we all thought he was crazy.” She took a deep breath, “I learned that World War Three was the result of all the turmoil in the Middle East not because of mythical creatures.”

After he told her of how everything really was, she just...stared. A frown came across his lips. It was clear to him that she didn't believe him. Not in the least. And he didn't know if she ever would. Then suddenly she started to laugh which only made his frown deepen. Inbewteen laughs she told him that she was sorry. But what really sparked his nerves was when she asked him if she was supposed to believe what he had told her. That the government was hiding the true meaning of the war...the fact that werewolves and vampires did exsist. And that they were all imprisioned in labor camps till they died or were worked to death. Another thing he wanted her to believe was that he had escaped from that camp. But if she didn't...they were in for trouble...him especilly. Cause at some point he would shift...and there was going to be no hiding this. There were no shots around to prevent it. But until them, besides his supernatural strength and speed he could do nothing. Shaking his head he buried his face in his hands. Ian didn't hear her laughing at the moment so he spoke up.

"I really don't want to have to prove this to you..."

When he looked up the woman was looking in him the eyes...staring at him. Without warning she came over to him and sat next to him. Then without seeking premission leaned him forwards and looked underneath his bandages. The woman would see that he was healing faster than any normal human being. Any normal human being would have required stiches or still had an open wound. Not him...werewolves were fast healers. The blonde werewolf snapped back to attention when she said he didn't seem human...that she had heard of the creatures but only in the stories...fairy tales. And that the woman's uncle had claimed to have been bitten by a vampire. He looked her in the eyes.

"Probably wasn't so crazy...the vampire camp has more unaccounted for missing prisioners that the werewolf camp does...but anything else? Questions? You sure do seem like a touchy feely person...no offense....but thanks again for saving me. And please...don't go around telling anyone that I am here or that you heard of a werewolf being in town...some people will take it very seriously...as far as they are concerned I am more dangerous than a High Secuity Prisoner...oh...and one more thing...I am starving...do you have anything to eat around here? Havn't eaten in atleast three or four days...lost track after awhile..."

He looks down at the floor, shaking a bit, and looking like he hated asking the last question.

It was so much to take in. She still wasn’t sure she could believe it all. It seemed far more likely he was some sort of medical experiment than a werewolf. She guessed the only way she would know for sure was when the full moon came out. Isn’t that how it worked? A big moon would rise into the night sky and he would turn into a hairy monster. She didn’t want to dwell long on that.

Instead Persephone tried to listen to him as he thanked her for saving him and warned her about telling anyone. She caught the part about him being more dangerous than a high security prisoner, but chose to ignore it. She didn’t want to start thinking that he was a criminal, this was all strange enough. When he asked if she had anything to eat, it seemed to snap her from her daze. It was something normal and something she could help with.
“Yes, I’ll get you something.” She mumbled as she walked to her kitchenette. She opened the refrigerator and started to pull out some Tupperware containers. “I suppose you’re going to eat more than a normal person?” when she asked the question, she immediately flinched. Would that be offensive to him? She hoped not and started to popped the first container of spaghetti into the microwave. When it dinged done she put in another one with some left over Chinese.

She snatched a fork from a drawer and walked over to him and placed the hot bowl and utensil on the coffee table in front of him. She took a step back and just started watching him again. “How did you escape from the camp?” The question left her lips faster than she could stop it.

After he had asked her about the food there was a long silence...or atleast what felt like one. Ian looked up at the woman. She wore a dazed look on her face, like she was lost in thought thinking through everything that had been said. The blonde haired man guessed she held the right to space out and not awnser him. He had given her alot of information today. But suddenly she snapped out of her daze and got to her feet. He was relieved that she had something he could have. Normally he would just ignore the hunger pains but he felt like he was in a posistion of luxuary. Ian didn't know if this what human's considered expensive and fancy but it didn't matter because this was the most he had ever had. Before, at the compound, he slept on a metal bunk. There he was only given food once a day if he was lucky and even then he had to fight for it. Some of the wolves there had starved to death, too weak to fight for the meal. Other times he watched packmates...family members rip each other's throat out for half a scrap of meat. Where he was born and raised only the fittest survived. And what reward did the fittest gain? To live and fight another day. It was madness...and somehow it had to stop. When push came to shove...the human's had shoved a bit too much. Out here...if he could just find someway to fit in unnoticed then perhaps someday, his pack mates would know the sweet freedom he was beginning to taste.

His thoughts cut off as he smelled something glorious in the place where she had gone to prep the food. Ian didn't care what it was as long as it filled his belly. The human then asked if he normally ate more than a normal person. A slight look of confusion came across his face before he forced it away.

"I don't know...I really don't ever remember a time when I was full...whatever you are willing to give I will be thankful for..."

As he finnished speaking there was a dinging sound. He tilted his head a little bit to the side, trying to comprehend it. But then she walked out with the smell in a bowl and fork in hand. Setting it down infront of him. The food did not look familiar but he wasn't going to protest. The human did not have to feed him after all. As he picked up the fork and started to eat, he noticed that out of the corner of his eye she was watching him again. Eating was slow going but it was a bit awkward eating something he wasn't used it...and he hated that it was so plainly obvious. After a few bites she asked him how he had escaped. Ian held the bowl in his hand, despite it still being very hot but it not bothing him. Licking residue of the few bites away he looked up to her.

"The compounds at the werewolf camp is a tall, silver chain link fence with another solid wall beyond that...I was on the way back to the cages and sensed something was off with the gaurds and soldiers around camp...I found a hole in thier defense and ran for it...came though miles of desert to get here but obviously not without concequence..."

He started to eat again, waiting to see if she had anything else to ask him. His eyes slid closed for a few moments as he ate. This was a new feeling as well...new but he welcomed it. It was the sensation of having a hot meal in his belly. Relaxing, he sat back against the couch, opening his eyes.

She frowned. How terrible his life must have been. It sounded like he had lived in a concentration camp. She just didn’t know what to say after his simple escape story so she wandered back into her small kitchen and opened the microwave. She pulled out the small bowl of sweet and sour chicken and walked back over to him, placing that on the coffee table as well. This time, though, she took a seat in one of the arm chairs. She watched him for a few seconds before finally saying something. “So do you have a plan now that you have escaped?”
She figured he probably didn’t. If it had been her, Persephone was sure the only thing that would have been on her mind was simply to escape the camp and never look back. Then again, she was still hoping he was just on some sort of drug that made your eyes glow and your wounds heal faster.

The man continued eating after he had briefly expained to her how he had escaped the compound. There wasn't much to how he had escaped. It was just as he told it...simple bue effective enough. As he finished eating the Spaghetti she left and came back again with something that smelled fantastic. He didn't know what it was but he was definitly willing to try it. Once she set it down in front of him and took a seat across from him. Ian took the bowl and slowly started to eat. His eyes widened a bit as his taste buds tingled in pleasure. It was the best thing he had ever tasted! Quicker than he had intended he took a few more bites of the food. Once she asked him what his plan was now that he had escaped he stopped eating. Looking up to her from the food he thought about it for a moment before speaking again.

"I really don't know to tell you the truth...I don't have an exact plan. But I guess what would make sense is to fit in with the human's world so they don't catch me. Problem is ...I don't know how to do that. At the compound they retain information of the outside world from us so if we escape like this, we'll be easy to find or won't know how to survive and die after awhile. So, whatever it is that human's do, everything about this world, I need to know that...I need your help again...please...?" he asked.

As he finished, a soft charming smile came across his face without him knowing it.

When he put on that smile her stomach did a flip. How could he be such a bloody mess but be so incredibly handsome? It was a thought she quickly pushed away. For all she still knew he could still be a crazy person. It was best if she just kept him at arm’s length and just ignored how the corner of his eyes crinkled with that slow smile. Still he was the most exciting thing to ever happen to her and he needed her help. It was the first time anyone had needed her help and being needed felt nice.

Her lips curved into a weak smile when she spoke, “I suppose I can try and teach you everything about our human world. I guess it would help to know certain things that you have seen around here that you do recognize.” Then it hit her. A slight blush crept up on her cheeks. He wanted to learn about the human world but she had forgotten the simplest first step. Clearing her throat she extended her hand for a handshake, “But perhaps first we should introduce ourselves. My name is Persephone.”

He felt a relief flood though his veins as he watched her pretty lips form into a smile. It was a weak smile but if it was all he was going to get at the moment, he wasn't about to complain. She went onto say that she would try to teach him. Everything that she possibly could anyways and it would be helpful to be able to identify certain objects when he saw then again outside. Outside in the human society that always seemed to be rushing about like they had somewhere of vital important to be. It was so very noisy out there as well...he would have to learn how to deal with it or tune it out. This city was going to be his new home. First home that he had, had in fact. The compound was a labor camp and not a home. The werewolf being born inside the labor camp did not know of anything other than the cruelness he had been treated with most of his life. From the older wolves he had heard of what the home packs were like...what it was to live in small towns of family packs. What a warm, loving place it was to be. But Ian would never know that place in time. He was going to make his own...right here in the city. The blonde man snapped back to attention as she extended her hand to him and told him her name. It was...Persephone. The wolf reached out and took her hand in a firm grasp.

"Ian...I do believe I told you before but a reminder dosn't hurt eh?"

After she would pull away he looked around at all the new possibilities around him...along with what this dwelling held. It was then he noticed that it was getting late out...the sun now muted out by a veil of darkness. There was so much to know and he hoped a lot of time to learn about it. But for now he knew this was the time to sleep...for her at the very least. Ian then turned his gaze back to her and noticed some of her features in detail for the first time. Her skin looked soft and smooth...a pleasant healthy color to top it off. The creature didn't know much of her quirks at the moment but he was looking forwards to getting to know Persephone better. Oh and the world around him as well. This was the first time he had been around a female so much...and he liked it.

"There is a lot I need to know...what things are...how they work...what is normal for things around a city...and more. You are brave to teach me, but I promise I am a fast learner. As for right now It is night. The time to sleep. I do suppose I am intruding on that now. If you need it, go then. I will be right in this same spot coming morning..." he said, the tone in his voice as casual as he could manage but also one that expressed he was going to keep his promise.

She blushed when she realized that he had told her his name. How could she forget? Ian, it seemed like such a normal every day name. Maybe that’s why she had forgotten it. A part of her brain probably figured his name should be something stranger. Then again, maybe she was blushing because of something else? His large hand enveloped hers in a strong, yet gentle grip. It was the first time she could ever think of that a hand shake had made her flustered.

It was the situation really. She had this handsome man sitting on her couch, claiming to be a werewolf, and now telling her to go to bed? She snapped out of her daze and gave him a confused look. She glanced at the clock and smirked. It was getting late. She stood up and offered up another smile to him. “Well I am sure that couch must seem very nice, I have a spare bed you can use.”

She walked over to a small hallway that split into two rooms. One was decorated in pale blues, the other one greens, black, and whites. The latter is where she led him. It was a smaller room. On one side it was set up like an office. It had a desk, a computer, and a couple of file cabinets. On the other side was a small bed and a night stand with a table. She motioned to the bed. “It’s not much, but I think it’ll better than the couch.”

This was the most time he had spent around a female ever in his life. But had someone asked him...he would have flat out denied it. It was just a disgrace to him that he didn't know them any better. All he knew was that they carried children and were very nice to look at. He knew that there was more to them than that because...there had to be...right? So when she blushed he didn't know what to think, but he assumed it was for the same reason men did...embaressement or because they were flustered. He wasn't going to give himself the pleasure of thinking the second option was the reason. But once he told her how late it was getting and suggested she get some sleep she snapped out of a daze and with a confused look, glanced back at the clock. Seeing it was late she got to her feet and offered him a smile and told him that she had something more to offer him. An spare bed. A bed...it had been a long time since he had slept on one. Last time he did he was a pup.

Greatfully he got to his feet and followed her to another part of her apartment. They came across two rooms...they one she offered to him was colored green, black, and white. Inside was one of the machines he had seen the human gaurds use when he was checked into the compound. There was a few other things in the room with the bed but he didn't mind. She spoke to him saying it wasn't much but he would be more comfortable here. Giving her a thankful smile he took a step towards the room, glancing over his shoulder.

"Sleep well...Thank you..."

He ducked into the room and shut the door. Making his way over to the bed he fell back on it, smiling in pleasure. Tonight he would sleep well...the bed was soft but comfortable. It wasn't long before he finally dozed off...sleeping well through the entire night.

He may have slept well, but Persephone just could not. All through the night she tossed and turned. Her mind swam with so many questions and fears. She had let a very strange man sleep in her apartment. Was she really that crazy? She kept telling herself to remember that he had needed her help and she did what she had to. No matter what he had told her, in that moment he would have died. Before dawn, she gave up on her attempt to fall asleep and kicked her comforter off her bed. She walked into the kitchen and quietly started to brew her coffee. Idly she wondered if she should make him breakfast.

She blushed again. She hadn’t made a man breakfast in a very long time, but usually those had been very different nights. She pushed the idea out of her mind and opened the refrigerator. He had told her he hadn’t been eating. Well, he was at her place now and they, she, fed the guests. She took out the carton of eggs, the milk, bacon, some cheese, and tomatoes. From her cabinet she grabbed the box of instant pancakes and got to work.

She couldn’t remember the last time she even had the urge to cook breakfast, let alone a large one like she had just prepared. She had scrambled up six eggs and mixed in the cheese and tomatoes, made half of the pound of bacon and an entire plateful of pancakes. She was a little disappointed she didn’t have any orange juice, but she guessed milk would be just fine. She started to put the plates in the oven to keep warm until he woke up then started to wash up. By then the sun was beaming through the blinds and curtains.

When he had woken up it was only because the sun had beamed though the window in his room. Well...the room he was staying in. Groaning in protest he pulled the pillow over his face and dozed off back to sleep. It was about an hour later he finally lost the fight to the light. It was becoming much too bright in the room. Even with his face buried in a pillow. Giving up he sat up in bed, covering a yawn. He was pleased that he had slept as soundly as he had. Ian had expected the first night in hiding to be restless and tense like the rest of his nights were. But here he didn't feel like he needed to be as on guard. As he stood up he stretched out before slowly making his way over to the door. Opening it he could smell something that he had never smelled in his life. It was a wonderful smell that seemed to be coming from the place where she had brought him food from last night. As he got closer he could smell other scents of what he suspected was food. Whatever it was it made his belly growl in protest to it's emptiness. He flushed ever so slightly across his cheeks. It was embarrassing but he wasn't about to beg for food like he had last night. Begging was never his way and he wasn't going to let it start now.

After poking his head into the room that held the food he went back to his room where in the reflective surface of the cabinet saw his own reflection. It was so strange seeing what he auctually looked like for himself. And how grungy he looked. He could use a little cleaning up...and a new pair of clothes. He was still wearing the only set of clothes issued to him at the compound. It probably wouldn't be a good idea to wander out and about in them too much. But there was a problem...if he didn't know anything else about the human world he knew that things like clothes cost money. Something the guards complained about a lot. How in the world was he to get one if he did not know how? He would have to deal with things one at a time. With that in mind he went back towards the room with the smell of food. Walking into the room he inspected the room without touching anything.

There was jingle at the front door before it swung open revealing Persephone with a couple of plastic bags in her hands. She had eaten her share of breakfast when she finally got tired of waiting and when he still hadn’t gotten up, she realized he had no clean clothes. She made a quick trip to a department store and picked up some clothes she was praying fit him.

She gasped in surprise when she saw him at standing in her kitchen. After living there alone for so long she wasn’t used to other people. Quickly she put on a smile and brought the bags to the counter. “I was thinking you would still be in bed when I got back.” She tugged a stray strand of blonde behind her ear. “I got you some clothes. I figured you really didn’t want to stay in those.” She motioned quickly to the dirty pants he was in. “I also made some breakfast. I hope you’re hungry.”

She opened the warm oven and began to pull out the plates and set them on the table. She got a clean plate and a fork and set them in front of a seat. “I already ate so you can eat as much as you want.” She gave him another smile.

From inside the room he was in he could hear a jingle and other noises from the front door. After brief crinkling of bags Persephone came into the room carrying bags. Curious, he looked to her...what she had just brought in distracting his attention from the food cooking somewhere in the kitchen. As the woman looked up and realized that he was there she let out a gasp of surprise. A small grin turned at the corner of his lips. It was obvious she wasn't expecting him to be standing there. But the blonde woman recovered quickly and smiled for him, regaining control of a stray hair by tucking it behind her ear. She set the bags down on the counter telling him she thought he was still going to be asleep when he returned. Then she told him what was in the bags, clothes for him...that she figured he wouldn't want to keep on wearing those dirty pants. Being used to not having a shirt on...he had almost forgot his was still absent. Though anyone looking would see that his wound was now just a scar that would heal in a day or two's time. Ian was feeling significantly better and owed it all to this woman.

Then finally she spoke of the food he could smell, saying she hoped he was hungry. Once she had placed the plate on the table with the fork and plates of food he took her direction to eat as much as he wanted. It was less than a day he had auctually gotten real food and he was very much enjoying it. He took good sized portions of everything...eating thankfully and slowly, enjoying it. Once he was finnished he turned to her, a pleased look on his strong features...a smile on his lips.

"For the food and Clothes..." he got to his feet, still speaking. "I must thank you again...You have been very good to me. But you must still think I am crazy...don't you? Anyone would...sad as it is it seems that is what is normal now a days. I just wonder when it was that human's stopped believing.."

He walked over to the bags and looked into them. They were nicer that what he was used to so it might get some taking used to but the sizes looked about right. Taking the bags that had his clothing in them he looked to her.

"Do you mind...If I clean up before I get dressed...?"

She watched him eat, glad that he seemed to enjoy the meal she made. When he finished and thanked her, she could not help but blush again. She didn’t think she had ever been thanked by a more handsome man. That small pleasure, though, quickly disappeared when he asked so sadly why and when humans stopped believing. But he was right, they had. Even right then she still had trouble believing it.

It must be terrible if it was all true. He had been abused his entire life, yet the first person he met thought he could be insane. She pushed the thoughts from her head when he asked for a place to wash up. She gave him a weak smile and nodded. “Sure this way.”

She led him to a small bathroom. At the far end was a bathtub and show. Persephone threw open the curtain and started to play with the knobs. “You asked me to tell you about the human world, but I don’t know what you already know, so forgive me if what I tell you is redundant. This is my shower. This knob controls warm water, the other cold.” She touched the spray of water coming from the faucet. It was nice and warm. “You pull this to let the water come out of the shower head.” With a pop the water started to flow from the shower head. “There you go. There are some fresh towels in the closet.”

Then she remembered something. She opened the little closet door and pulled out a bottle of hair and body wash. “My brother left this here last time he spent time in the city. You’re welcome to use it.” She handed him the bottle then darted from the room. She was sure she had turned scarlet by the end of her lesson. How silly was all of that?

When she said that she had a place where he could clean up he followed her down to the area suitably called the bathroom. It was a small room but that didn't matter...it seemed to have everything someone would need to use the room for it's intended purpose. Persephone led him to the far end of the room and tugged aside a plastic sheet. He listened intently as she explained to him how to use what she called a "Shower". It seemed to make enough sense the way she explained it. Looking at the faucet and shower head he watched how the water flowed though them. Ian nodded and looked to her as she explained to him where the towels were and as she handed him the hair and body wash. For some reason, since they had entered the bathroom, out of the corner of his sharp eyes, he saw her face grow a dark and darker red as time passed. This only made the blonde woman look more cute though...perhaps attractive? He wasn't sure which word was used to discribe what he felt...but they were both positive were they not?

Once she had left the room, he unzipped his pants and slid them off from where they hung at his hips. Going over to the running shower he felt the water. It was a pleasant warm...but it was a bit cold for his liking. So after he turned the knob more and feeling it heat up just a bit more, he stepped in and instantly felt his body relax. It was such a wonderful feeling to take a hot shower. At the compound, a couple times a week they would line them up and spray them down with freezing water. He could so very easily get used to this. After awhile he took the soap and washed his hair and body with the soap. It w

as a fresh scent...pleasing but not too strong. And for the first time in a long time he felt totally clean. Once he finnished he stepped out of the shower and figured out where the towels were. When he was dried off, except for his damp, shaggy blonde hair, he pulled on the clothes she had picked out for him at the store. The Clothing fit him, with just being a bit big on him. But that was fine...he was just glad it wasn't totally skin tight. Opening the door once again he gathered his old Clothes and put them in the room he was staying in. As he set them in their spot he ran his fingers though his hair. Using the make shift hair band he had, he loosely tied his hair out of his face. Upon doing this...Ian wondered just what Persephone did from day to day and how she had a living. But when it came to those questions...he bit his tongue, just for now at the very least.

Persephone sat at the kitchen table. She had begun by drinking a cup of coffee, but that had quickly turned into a hefty glass of wine. Her nerves were shot. She had no idea what to do. How was she supposed to entertain a werewolf? What was she supposed to do with him? She guessed she just had to be happy it was the weekend. She would have the rest of the day and tomorrow to figure things out. Though, maybe she might have to take off a couple days, just in case. She hung her head for a moment then heard the bathroom door open. Glancing up, her jaw dropped. If was handsome covered in blood and grime, he was gorgeous all clean. She swallowed the lump in her throat as the glass of wine made her flushed cheeks even pinker.

He didn’t even look at her as he walked into his temporary room, which Persephone was grateful for. Surely her shocked looked wouldn’t have helped either of them out. She quickly downed the rest of her glass and began to pour another. She would just have to ignore how pretty he was while he was here. Just ignore it and teach him what he needed to know.

Her thoughts were rudely interrupted with a ping from her phone. She glanced at it. It was a text from Melody asking what she was up to. She hated lying to her friend, but this was an emergency. She quickly wrote back that she wasn’t feeling well and was going to stay in bed. If she had to call off Monday, this would have to be her cover story.

It was the strange pinging sound coming from the kitchen area that made him snap back to reality. What was that? It was another new sound that he had not heard before. Looking at his reflection in the side of the cabnit he bit his lip and stood up strait. He felt his back pop like many times before. The man looked out the window that was in the room. There were lots of human's rushing about in the streets below, and lots of things that looked like the cab going back and forth. The city...it looked like such a busy place...and noisy. He could hear the noises from in here, but they were muffled and managable. Another thing that made him feel good was he could see how bright it was outside...at the compound the other pack members would be hard at work. They would be doing physical labor all day. Here...he had got a the best sleep of his life and wouldn't have to lift a finger to do the kind of work they would be doing. Ian hated that his pack members could not experience what he had so far, there wasn't anything he could do for them now. But that didn't stop him from thinking...hoping that someday they might be able to live a normal life outside the compound.

Looking away from the window he walked towards the door and down the hallway. That scent was still there. It was a strong scent but it smelled wonderful...he would have to find out what it was. When he went back out the the place where he had eaten this morning, Persephone was sitting at the table. Her cheeks were flushed a bright pink and she was drinking something. It also had a strong smell...but it wasn't the one that smelled good. This one was bitter and strange...Ian sat down in a chair next to her and silently examined her expression. Before her face wasn't like this...it must have been the drink. But how? There seemed to be a questioning look at his expression, but he was going to ask anyways.

"Are you...okay? You cheeks are red...and that smell...it isn't what your drinking now...but I've been smelling it all morning long...It...smells great. W-What is it?"

She glanced up when she heard the door open again. Once more she chastened herself. She could not keep oogling him. A command that would have probably been far easier to adhere to if she wasn’t enjoying the relaxing effect of her second glass of wine. Quickly she placed a smile on her face as he walked over and took a seat at the table.

At his first question her cheeks went from a flushed pink to bright red. One of her hands immediately reached up to touch the slight heat coming from the skin. “I guess I’m just warm..” She mumbled, thankful that he started asking another question. She gave him a confused look at first, before smiling again. “Not what I am drinking now? You mean the coffee?”

She stood up and walked over to the maker and pulled out the pot, which still had a good cup left. She brought it over to the table. “Is this what you’re talking about?”