Did Someone Ask For Tabletop?

D

Dooley

Original poster
I've talked to a few different people and seen a lot of interest from other floating around for a Tabletop style game here. It actually surprises me a bit, since RP on Iwaku usually tends to run at a more relaxed pace than what you would normally find in Tabletop. To this point, and after a bit of persuading from a few others, I have decided to air a few ideas for some Tabletop games that I would be willing to run here on Iwaku!

Generally speaking, the site itself would be used mainly for organization and information storage. Discord would be our primary hub for both Role-Play and rolling dice. We can work on a time to do sessions, however it would have to be later in the day for more of the week. A session usually runs between 4-6 hours long depending on how invested players are. So if we start at 8:30 most sessions would end somewhere around 1AM. Now Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday we could start things earlier but that is up to you all.

Now perhaps we could break this up and go with a more PbP system. I know a lot of people that do that, I just never had. I'm the sort of person that would rather wait a week to RP a lot then RP a little all week long. If that makes any sense. We can talk about this if there is any interest but at the moment I'm sticking to the traditional way of running the game.

Here are the games I'd be willing to GM for some of your guys. 5e is not on the list for the simple reason that I am already both GMing a 5e game and playing in one.

Vampire: The Masquerade
For this game all characters would start out as Fledglings, newly turned Kindred. The RP will start with the characters nearing the end of their training under their Sire and preparing to take the initiation to become a Neonate. For city I was thinking maybe Las Vegas? I'm open to ideas. Usually big cities work best, and I would like it to be somewhere in the USA. Seattle could also be an interesting choice since it is known to have a population of Garou.

I've ran and played VtM quite a lot and it's always a good time. It usually deals with more mature content than a lot of other TTRPGs which is refreshing, to me at least. Because of that however I would insist that players be at least 18 years old if they are seeking to join this game. I have a Fade-To-Black policy for all games I run, but I've found having younger players in the group ends up making the rest walk on eggshells the entire time.

A Song of Ice and Fire Roleplaying
This game centers around the family members of a noble house of Westeros, as well as their servants and retainers. The game is mainly geared towards having players navigate the troubled times following that emerge in the series, with a heavy focus on the noble house itself. Creating a Household is an in depth process that is just as lengthy, if not more so, than creating a character. Players choose whichever realm they wish their house to be in and after characters are made we start the game! I will add that Dorne is off limits, simply because I don't like the Dornish and do not wish to GM a game revolving around their culture.

I'll go ahead and say that this is one of the more complex games I've played. It has heavy RPing aspects yes, but also a lot of resource management. It plays like a RPG-Wargame hybrid which I think it what the developers were going for. Their is a normal system of character Role-play rules like most games use; then there are the warfare rules, complete with units and everything; then there are intrigue rules. Now I might just dumb a lot of this down to make it more streamlined, but yeah. There is a lot here.

Call of Cthulhu
From the name I think most of you can probably guess what this game is about. The game is usually set in the 1920's and involves characters investigating the supernatural events unfolding around them. It seems fairly mundane, but if you've played CoC before you know that things get interesting quick. I don't have much to say about the plot for this since it varies so much and I haven't got anything planned. We would have to discuss and do a bit of setup before getting this rolling.

It might surprise you that Call of Cthulhu, not D&D, is generally considered the best TTRPG. This isn't a view I share, but it is consistently voted for by Players and has rarely dropped out of the top five best TTRPG's listing. This is mainly due to it's versatility I think, and giving the GM a lot of tools and freedom to craft interesting scenarios for the players.

Now If you are asking me which I'd like to run, I would say VtM. It's all around easier to get rolling and people usually have a general idea of the lore even if they've never played the game before. I've also ran it A LOT so I'm familiar GMing the system. The others, not so much; but I can make do. In the end I'm leaving it up to you guys. Whichever shows interest I'll go with.

Reactions: Chaac
Super down for SIFRP!

Been a few years since I've done tabletop and most likely will need to be refreahed on the mechanics for everything. But a Call of Cthulhu based one sounds fun.

Interested in VtM, though would depend on when you plan to run. Already involved in a couple 5e campaigns (which is actually the only tabletop system I currently know, so will be new to these others you've listed).

Mentioned the time would be discussed, so for now, Im definitely interested in VtM. :)

Vampire sounds like a good one. Or Call of Cthulhu. But Vampire sounds a bit better.