Dice Games

Do you play dice games? Would you use a Dice Game roleplay forum if we had one?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@Zen

Some people do prefer to use forum threads or the on-site roleplay chats. It's a matter of giving options! Having a forum also gives people a place to organize and advertise for their players prior to setting up a Roll20 group.

If you would like to run a test game in the event that we set this up, that would be awesome.

Alrighty then, I won't mind trying my hand at it, but I've never played a TTRPG on a forum before.
I used to play the physical ones using figurines quite often, mainly AD&D, before d20 became the norm, or was even released, so I was able to see the differences between the complexities of the old and the simplicity of the new.

I try to find a middle ground when I'm playing nowadays, it's just hard to get people who've mainly only used d20 to be willing to use parts of the older, more advance, and fleshed out system, such as certain classes using certain kinds of dice, as well as rolling d'100's for probabilities of success, and other things like that.
Heck, I've even got some 'dungeon dice' the ones with stairs, ladders, traps, and the like on them that I like to use when I play.

I have to admit, I'm rather rusty, but I do know how to work several different campaign styles, ranging from high fantasy to super scifi, as well as how to create races, classes, weapons, skills, abilities, magics, powers, technologies, and what have you, so I wouldn't mind trying my hand at GM- or Co-GMing a game or two.

Reactions: Astaroth
Oh, I just remembered: Fate/Fudge dice. They are like d3, but use + (plus), - (minus) and [ ] (blank) as values.

simba-nala-wtf-faces.gif

What the heck is a Dice Game?

@TheAvatarPrince

Please don't off-topic spam.

You've never heard of Dungeons & Dragons? Huh.

The premise is pretty self-explanatory: Like I said, dice games are roleplaying games where people use dice to add an element of random chance. There are sometimes- but not always- numerical values assigned to characters' strengths and weaknesses that contribute to how the dice roll affects the outcome.

never played it before and I wasn't trying to spam off topic

and like monopoly, etc.

It's true that google is evil. Everyone knows that. And the more evil likes you, the easier your life will be ;) If they're not a sadistic evil, cause then they'll love to hurt you.... :evilrabbit:It's probably best to stay neutral with evil, then they won't care about you xD

But in short dice games are boring. And that's the only explanation you'll need :3

Eh, I wouldn't go that far, Blood, there's plenty of ways to make them fun, such as adding special rules for weapon upgrades and evolutions, random spell effects that affect everyone involved, special encounters, in-game gambling, and things like that. XD

Oh, by the way, most of the beings that people think are evil are actually good, but about 5-10% of them are even worse than what's said about them. XD
Oh, and Google isn't evil, just some of the people who run it, kinda like Valve and Bethesda. XD

Some dice games are heavily focused on storytelling and their dice use is minimal, too. They can be like any other roleplay, but with dice. Sometimes the element of chance actually makes it more exciting, like when you have to roleplay out an unfavorable roll.

Eh, I wouldn't go that far, Blood, there's plenty of ways to make them fun, such as adding special rules for weapon upgrades and evolutions, random spell effects that affect everyone involved, special encounters, in-game gambling, and things like that. XD
Oh, by the way, most of the beings that people think are evil are actually good, but about 5-10% of them are even worse than what's said about them. XD
Oh, and Google isn't evil, just some of the people who run it, kinda like Valve and Bethesda. XD
I see but Google is over there making robots and mmmpf.

the only dice game I like is monopoly. Don't get me wrong, I have seen Dungions and Dragons but I don't really pay that much attention to it. When Mrs. Ozzy said "D&D", I don't know what that means. It's like me saying: "I remember the SG games."

@TheAvatarPrince

As I've said before, please stay on topic or refrain from posting. (Also, that's Mr. Ozzie.)

Sorry, most of the time when I say D&D to the average person they know I mean Dungeons & Dragons. My bad.

Mr.Ozzy, I'm not the only one that went off topic and I wasn't the one that started the off topic conversation.

Okay, so now I know what D&D means and dice games. Now it makes sense.
By the way SG means Sega Genesis

If you don't like it, you can always ignore and let those who like enjoy it at peace.

@Ozzie Chanter
About the already existing feature: I'm not finding it. I knew I saw it somewhere, but it vanished from my sight.

Reactions: Hisoka Kobayashi
Definitely yes~

I love dice based RPs because they give that little touch to the drama; In normal RPs the writer already knows whats going to happen because he only has to write it, but in dice based RPs plots could take twists, characters could die, etc. Because it all depends on the RNG gods.

I would love to see more of these here on Iwaku; In fact, my first RP (Which stills on) is a dice based one (With a combat system and stuff), I've thinking about creating one like that here because the one which I'm talking about is a bit... With no apparent plot or any kind of sense??? (The creator quit and we the players took the control... We were [and some still] a bunch very noob starters)

+1 Support

• Thank You
@TheAvatarPrince:
I think it was a statement to people who don't want to try it, and/or are ragging on the idea, in general.
It's the players choice what they use, so why should it matter to other people?

Damage: 4
Range: 2'
Base Probability of Success: 12%
Rolled a 3, Probability raised to 15%, and the attack missed.

@Zackymas:
I wouldn't mind help with one, it just depends on what all you'd want to incorporate into it. XD
Heck, I had a lot of plans for a forum I put together, but no one wanted to join, so most of my ideas for it ended up in limbo, andI think Mech and Monsters might be able to make a comeback as a dice game. XD

@Ozzie Chanter:
I really hope more people jump onto this idea, because there's a lot of potential to be had in playing like this, and I've honestly wanted to perfect my own die system for such an occassion. XD