ART Diana Tries to Art

Discussion in 'SHOWCASING' started by Diana, Apr 8, 2013.

1. As part of my personal journey to better myself and be a happy individual, I have decided to ART AGAIN.

More specifically, I have made it a personal goal to paint at least once a month. Painting has always been my favorite medium, but it's also the one I have the least experience in.

So, for my first painting, I decided to jump in head first to something crazyhard and have never done before! AND be creepy while I was at it. :D The last time I tried to seriously paint was in the 90s while I was in high school, and I never did human peeps before. Just animals and flowers. And because I'm a total creeperface, I have abused Ozzie as a guinea pig.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am really surprised it turned out as well as it did and looks like a person. This has made me happy. 8D

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  2. I am so proud of you, you magnificent creeper.

No seriously though, this is awesome. ;__;

3. We cannot talk to each other anymore.

4. I see bananas!
    Nice job though, really like the mouth. I suck at painting those x.x

5. This is absolutely amazing! I wish I had that level of painting skill - *sigh* - but no, I prefer personally to stick to pencil sketches rather than paint. Great job anyway :D

6. That is very impressive, Dianers. You have natural skill FOR SURE.

7. someday I will try painting something. However, I think colored pencils remain my medium of choice, even over photoshop. (I got a tablet and have been toying around with photoshop with it, but it's still harder for me than colored pencils. Who knew.)

It looks great though! Do you use acrylics?

8. I did indeed use acrylics!

Color pencils was my medium of choice fooorreeeevvveeer, but I have always had a secret desire for painting. >>

9. I actually love painting. It's probably the most fun medium for sure. I just can't seem to aim my paint quite right. Everything becomes blobby and I lose the detail I can achieve with colored pencils. I want to do some canvas painting though. Really bad. SOMEDAY.

10. THIS EPISODE ON "DIANA TRIES TO PAINT"!

OWL. Colorful shiny owl inspired by a necklace Ocha sent me! 8D

What I have discovered is that it's harder for me to work from an image in my head, even if I have the object of inspiration sitting in front of me. Unlike staring at a picture, I couldn't look back and forth to see "did I do this right" and I just had to paint and remind myself I am painting for ME and not to fit a criteria, or to "do it right" or stuff like that. >>; So that is something I am gonna have to mentally work on.

But for now.. OWL. I like all the pretty colors!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And because I forgot: the owl necklace:
    [​IMG]

• Love Love x 1
  11. Diana, that is awesome. o____o

12. oooooooooooo... <3!

13. We are not friends anymore.

14. You, sir, are a straight up busta-saurus wrecks!

15. <_<.../also has an Owl pendant cause Owls are freaking AWESOME!

ALSO, wonderful job on the painting. I don't like painting myself as a medium because it's messy and I hate making messes however I DO enjoy water paint. :D

Keep up the good work!

16. I love it!!

17. Super cute!!!

18. OWL CAT.

[​IMG]

And a painting I liked to "HOW THE FUCK DID THIS HAPPEN, I WAS TRYING TO PAINT A SPOOKY RAVEN IN THE MOONLIGHT."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  19. Instead you painted a raven being photobombed by a golden owl.