Diamonds in the Rough [Private]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Falcon
And if she knows a said contact Kleo would be able to know this contact's character.

Thank you for telling me it is hard to read, I'll fix them all right away!

Reactions: - Falcon -
@Falcon @Ethereal @Zizikitty Sorry about the wait but I posted o.o had a few computer issues to be sorted out but they're resolved now >.<

@york

I am glad you got it fixed but there was no need to worry~ ^ U^
XD I get stressed out sometimes o.o also, Ewin's not gonna take up that map table juust yet ;)

Den calls dibs on the room nearest the bridge :)

And @york don't stress over this one, please. I'm hoping a slower pace gives people more time to come up with ideas and have fun with it. :)

Den calls dibs on the room nearest the bridge :)

And @york don't stress over this one, please. I'm hoping a slower pace gives people more time to come up with ideas and have fun with it. :)
XD It's just me o.o

/hugs @york Dude seriously, it's totally cool. I'm the one that usually held posts up. D: Trying not to with this role play tho!!

Also since Mag is worried, what type of weapons does the ship have? And shields/armor? I personally would like Mag surprised at the equipment the ship has. Aka the ship being a wee bitty bad ass?

• Love
Reactions: York and Falcon
I like the idea of the little ship being fully armed too! Though I'm not completely up to date with the best in scufi weaponry.

On a similar note, does anyone have any preferences at to what type of engines the ship has? hyper-light, warp? tunnel-drive etc.

On a similar note, does anyone have any preferences at to what type of engines the ship has? hyper-light, warp? tunnel-drive etc.
IT SHOULD BE POWERED BY HAMPSTERS IN WHEELS...

No seriously I don't care. What ever high-techy thing sounds good. XD

I like the idea of the little ship being fully armed too! Though I'm not completely up to date with the best in scufi weaponry.

Hmm, you could make up your own (plasma/laser weaponry, particle accellerator weaponry, or something completely unique? o.o)

As for the type of ship engines, fusion-FTL drive? (creates a small worm-hole that will take the ship quickly from one place to another >.<)

Technically a tunnel drive XD

Technically a tunnel drive XD
:P in either case I'm fine with whatever honestly >.< just as long as it gets us moving across the stars at a good pace I'm fine :3

Oh gosh guys, sorry that I am holding back discussion. But I don't know much about spaceships, honestly, this is my first role-play that is space oriented. So I have a neutral vote on both topics. I am sorry that I am not much help.

• Thank You
Reactions: Falcon
If all else fails I could go delve deep into space related lore o.o maybe uncover an odd but cool way to traverse the stars?

• Thank You
Reactions: Falcon
I have an idea about the engines, I just need to check some facts before I try to explain it . . .

I have an idea about the engines, I just need to check some facts before I try to explain it . . .
*is intrigued* o-o

It's tunnel drive based. Something kind of like the gate system seen in Stargate, but at the moment that's the best I know how to describe what i'm thinking, so I want to make sure what i'm thinking is an actual plausible (in scifi) thing before I try to describe it to you all for feedback. ^^

• Love
Reactions: York
Okay, so it wasn't a tunnel drive. It was a warp drive with acceleration gates. Similar to what was used in Cowboy Bebop actually. I'm glad I checked first.

Basically the gates are used to "launch" the ship to a speed fast enough it can jump to warp from (instead of having Star Trek's super sub-lights) it would be possible to go to warp raw, but it would take a very very very long time to get up to speed without a gate. My thought is that's there are gates spread throughout the known systems. The treasure planet might not have one, but they've got a great mechanic that might be able to beef up the sub-light engines instead . . .
Does that sound like it'll work for everyone?

Also, I will be taking a three day weekend and going camping. I'll have my next post up before I leave, but I probably won't be online Thursday night, and I won't be online at all Friday through Sunday afternoon.

Okay, so it wasn't a tunnel drive. It was a warp drive with acceleration gates. Similar to what was used in Cowboy Bebop actually. I'm glad I checked first.

Basically the gates are used to "launch" the ship to a speed fast enough it can jump to warp from (instead of having Star Trek's super sub-lights) it would be possible to go to warp raw, but it would take a very very very long time to get up to speed without a gate. My thought is that's there are gates spread throughout the known systems. The treasure planet might not have one, but they've got a great mechanic that might be able to beef up the sub-light engines instead . . .
Does that sound like it'll work for everyone?

Also, I will be taking a three day weekend and going camping. I'll have my next post up before I leave, but I probably won't be online Thursday night, and I won't be online at all Friday through Sunday afternoon.
Sure! o.o It sounds like a sort of hybrid Warp/Tunnel drive X3 Also, thanks for the notification in advance o.o it shouldn't be a big problem hopefully XS

Okay, short post, but it's a post ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.