Diablo Based Roleplay

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Verin

Original poster
So, as the title suggests, I'm looking for anybody that might be interested in doing a roleplay based off of the dungeon crawler Diablo by Blizzard Entertainment. I'm not sure as to the direction it'd go yet, but I'm curious if there is anybody out there that would be up for giving it a shot.

Well...I do like me some Diablo, so I'd probably be fairly interested in an RP of it. The question I would ask from here, is even if you don't have a particular direction for it yet, do you have any smaller ideas for what you'd like to do with this RP?

Its a good question. Most likely, it'd be a search for a fallen Angel, most likely Fate for reasons I'm starting to come up with right now. Fate went to demons because that's how they decided destiny would best be served or something along those lines, so a group is assembled to go after him for two reasons. 1) To try to return him to the high heavens, as he's a member of the. Angiris (Spell check?) Council. And 2) To eliminate him if he's too fast gone, so his replacement can emerge from the Crystal Arch.

That's the rough idea I have, and it will be prone to changes.

That's not a bad base plot arch and as time goes on, it can be fleshed out into something more intricate. I mean, that's kind of how most of the stories in the Diablo games were and are, deceptively simple and straightforward on the outside, but the deeper you get into them, the more twisted everything starts to become. Another question to ask is, are you planning on adding in any optional side stories/quests? I mean...you know how Blizzard loves their side quests after all. XDc

I would love to do this, and I'm intrigued to see how this would work.

Definitely. I can't sacrifice the core of the Diablo games for an rp.

My third question is...within what timeframe are you planning on placing this game in terms of time passed in Sanctuary? How far has technology advanced? Have things left the middle ages into a more modern setting? Perhaps even steampunk/magicpunk in terms of what the world is working with? I mean, by Diablo III, we were working with things like auto-repeating crossbows and magically lit street lamps, so how far has the world come since then?

Good question. I'd imagine it'd be magicpunk, just because that'd make the most sense for progression. Otherwise, it'd likely remain in the same technological period, since that's where everything has been done so far.

Alright, so we're still dealing with horses, carriages, bows, and swords, right? No magically powered guns yet?

Pretty much. Maybe basic ones that tap into one's own power, but nothing that's really a gun.

Oooooooooooooooooh, Caster Guns? Okay, okay, run with me on this. The gun doesn't fire a bullet by conventional means, what happens is you load in a "Bullet" that has a runic spell carved into it, and when the hammer strikes the "Bullet", it fires the spell out. The inside of the barrel is lined with incantations that add power to the spell as it passes by, so the result is a class that can fire out powerful spells, but what their magic has in power it lacks in the ability to get their spells out quickly.

So almost like MACs work. Gives better range and power, but nowhere near as mobile or capable as just using standard incantations.

Yeah, it would work like this in effect.

1) Arcane Bullet: The caster focuses their raw mana into the firing chamber of their gun, allowing them to fire out slow moving energy projectiles at a more consistent pace.
. Arrow Focus: Allows the bullets to pass through enemies until a certain range is reached.
. Explosive Force: The bullets explode on contact with an object or foe, causing more AOE damage the closer to the initial explosion the enemies were.
2) Frost Shell: The caster loads in a "Bullet" engraved with a powerful Ice Rune, allowing them to fire a blast of frost that can freeze or slow incoming enemies.
. Ice Storm: The caster fires the bullet into the air, causing a rain of ice shards to fall down upon any foe caught in the AOE for a certain amount of time.
. Frost Prison: The caster fires the bullet into the ground, causing a wave of ice to travel along the ground up to a certain distance, trapping any foes in place for an extended period of time.

Things like that.

Pretty much like that. Seems like the bastard child of a demon hunter and a wizard.

Isn't that the best kind of child though? XDc

Of course. We still need more people if this is going to be a thing, so make sure you let me know if you're interested, forum lurkers.

Guess this is likely not happening, since nobody seems interested. Sorry guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.