Detention

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everett's face cracked a wide grin at Sam's story, and while it didn't scare him he knew it would scare the girls. "Nice sound effects." He complimented with a chuckle, but his chuckle died off when he heard other footsteps, ones that weren't theirs. He shrugged at Sam's question, shooting a glance to make sure both Nana and Mosie were with them. "I'm assuming yes. Or Godfree could be looking for us. Neither would surprise me." But what did surprise him was Mosie grabbing his hand. Her hand was literally holding his in a death grip, and he attempted to comfort her with a small squeeze of his own. "You're not getting your phone back." He whispered to her, dragging the group forward away from the outline of the man. "You girls are going to have to suck it up for a little while until we get far enough away. Godfree or not, I don't want to get caught. It would look so bad on my record."

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Nana simply fallowed the others, squeezing even more Moise's hand. She didn't know what to expect anymore from this school.

Slowly she prayed in her mind that all of them will get safely out of the school, everything returning to normal the next day.
Well, as normal as possible can be.

Nana's eyes tried to focus on the dark hallway, as she turn slightly when the tall boy spoke. They had to get out of there ASAP.

Thunder cracks the sky once more as the school get lit up by the Lighting waves.
Heart beats faster.

Sam simply stuck with the group, cutting his whistling down to a silent hum. He wanted to burst into a sprint and leave the others; his lightweight build would easily allow him to do that, but he couldn't leave his new friends... That would be wrong. So, he looked up to Everett and asked, "Hey, what's the quickest route we can get outta here? Or at least to a hiding spot?"

Eric begins running towards the group, moaning and groaning as if he came right out of Sam's story. Hearing Sam's story; he knew this was the best time to play along with it.

"Alright...just don't...don't go anywhere." Mosie whispered back. Her iron like grip didn't loosen whatsoever. She refused to look behind them were the footsteps came from. No way in hell was she looking back. Mosie's head turned and saw the outline of...someone. Her fear spiked and she held on to Nana and Everett for dear life. She shouldn't have looked back. "It's just security..or Godfree. Yeah totally..." Except Godfree wasn't that tall and security had light weight shoes so they couldn't be heard as easily. Mosie took a deep breath and followed Everett, hands still clasped, wherever the group went. "Um, there's...this one way I sneak out of gym class.." Mosie piped up answering Sam's question.

"Are we by it?" Sam questioned as he looked back again, only for his spine to fill up with fear. He was the only one not holding on to something, which caused his hands to shake softly. Looking ahead again, Sam started off into a slow jog. It was a good time for them to start running, or so he thought. "Because now would be a perfect time to get outta here."

Character bio;

Name ; payne black

age; 16

Appearance;
Choppy black hair. blue eyes. short for her age. Tomboyish. (Sorry im mobile so bare with me)

Personality; shy but a prankster. bullied alot because of her homelife. silent but tough acting when cornered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
. The bruise on her cheek still stung but now as she sat in the darkened hall she grumbled about wanting to go home. Though she knew there was no way she could get out withput tripping over someone. she sighed and leaned back.

Jearing someone mention escape she chuckled

"Sure im in. long as i dont fall and break a arm."

Last edited by a moderator:
Nana tried to keep calm as much possible, still hearing only footsteps coming from all of them.
Her heart couldn't find a reason to calm down in moments like this, carefully as they came across a turn going down the corridor.

The rain continued to hit hard the windows, as then suddenly a flash light was seen from a distance. Nana gripped Moise's hand and made her to stop.

" Is.. S-s-omeone.. T-there...!!"

Nana prayed it was the security guy, so they could leave at peace from the school. She bit down her lips, trying to look at the light in the distance without going blind.
Shit.

Sam stopped when he saw Nana and Mosie stop. There was a face of confusion on him as he nudged the small girl softly, "Hey, what are you doing?" He looked to the form, who still hadn't stopped yet, and then back to her.

Mosie stumbled when Nana suddenly stopped. She could hear the near tangible fear in the girls voice and quickly wrapped her arms around Nana. "It's...It's gonna be okay. We're leaving okay." Mosie mustered up all of her quickly fading courage and sounded pretty confident. She released Nana and latched back on to Everett. No way in hell was she losing anyone in the darkness. "The gyms right around the corner." She mumbled. In the back left side of the gym there was a door that used to lead to the old locker rooms. When the school renovated it, they painted over the door and built new locker rooms. Mosie had stumbled upon it during a free period one day and used it to sneak out of gym class after attendance so they never knew she left.

• Love
Everyone else's panicked voices were beginning to work Everett up as well, but he forced himself to remain calm. "Guys, just calm down. Take a deep breath. Hold it. Exhale. Good. Now let's think rationally about this. Ghosts, zombies, anything that has to do with the supernatural is completely out of the question. They're not real, so take a chill. Security guard, Godfree, some random person, possibly a serial killer, those are all possibilities." He forced Mosie's phone back into her hand. "Don't you dare turn on the flashlight. If Godfree or a security guard catches us, we're all in deep shit—you don't want another detention, do you? If we go to the gym, I have the master key, we can either leave through the weight room, or hide out in the coach's office. Your choice."

Reactions: 2 people
Gently tugging at Nana's arm, Sam agreed with Mosie. "Yeah, it's gonna be fine..." Then, he looked to Everett and thought about the possibilities of leaving. There was the probable aftermath of being truant, his parents worrying sick about him, and the definite possibility of getting soaked in the rain. Then, he thought about hiding out in the office; they could get caught, they wouldn't know when to leave, and once again, his parents would be worried sick. "Uhm... I think we should leave."

Mosie nodded obediently as her fingers curled around her phone. No smart remark, no roll of the eyes, just obedience. She followed every one into the gym, steadily keeping Nana's hand in hers. "Can...we just leave?" It went unsaid that she didn't want to stay in the pitch black school any longer. She'd rather face the raging storm outside than more darkness.
Mosie placed her phone back into her bag as she glanced back. She couldn't see...whatever it was that was following them but she could still hear it and that pushed her forward.

• Love
Everett nodded and pushed forward, making his way across the gym to the weight room and unlocking the door. The key was a perk of being his father's son. If it weren't for his amazing prowess and basketball, Everett wouldn't even have the key. His father was in deep cahoots with the athletic director. The key would enable him to come to the school at any time and get into both the gym and the weight lifting room to work out. Who knew that he'd be using the key to sneak everyone out of detention. Everett's lips formed a big smile. "There's no way in hell Godfree can keep us in detention with the power out. He'd get in massive trouble, probably even get fired. Us leaving will have no repercussions, I can almost guarantee that." He nodded his head to add emphasis, though no one would be able to see it.

Large hands pushed open the door to the weight lifting room, holding it open for everyone before slipping in himself. It shut with a loud bang, and he locked it behind everyone. "The door to freedom lies ahead of us, soldiers. I don't suppose you ladies have an umbrella hiding in your bags, eh?"

Sam sighed and looked up to the small strands of hair that fell in his face. He hated the rain. He looked to the girls, truly hoping that they had something to prevent the rain from bombarding them. "Urgh, the rain... It's loud, and messy, and wet, and everywhere." He shivered and folded his arms, attempting to look to the others in the darkness. Of course, he saw nothing.

On top of that, he didn't even bring his hoodie. It was a black jacket that probably wouldn't do much... Unless they used it as an umbrella.

Reaching finally outside in the rain, Nana stopped along with the others. The rain kept falling heavy and strong.
It will be a long way home.
Probably she'll catch a cold as well.

Then, some sounds came from her direction as she look inside her bag. She thought she didn't had an umbrella, but it seem that her Dad must've put it inside.

A loud clamping noise and then Swoosh.
Nana opened her umbrella, as now she was protected from the rain along with Moise.

" It's only small.. Uhmm.."

Nana mumbling some words in the dark, holding the umbrella above her head and her bag to.
Her heart continued to skip fast beasts.

Mosie hurried outside along with the everyone else. She was met with a wall of rain that nearly drenched her in water by the time Nana opened her umbrella, not that she really cared. "Thanks Nana."
Mosie looked up at the rain, now under cover of the umbrella, never so happy to be out in a storm. "We can squeeze for now." Mosie tugged in Everett, Sam, and Payne so that they had at least some refuge from the rain.
"So...I guess we just go home?" Mosie hadn't really thought of what would happen once they all got out. 'I suppose walking wouldn't be so bad.' Mosie tried to convince herself but it was pouring and there was no way she was making it home without getting sick. She had no umbrella and her house wasn't exactly close to the school.

Everett shivered, not from the cold, but from the feeling of his clothes getting wet. He didn't bother trying to squeeze in under Nana's umbrella for he was far too large for it to begin with. "I hate to break the bad news, but my car is on the other side of the school…" He scowled, furrowing his brow. Including the driver, his car could fit five people. Driver, shotgun, and three in the back. That didn't bother him. What worried him the most was getting the inside of his car wet. Everett bit his lip. He shook his head. "You guys can either wait here for me to pick you up, or all come with me. Your choice." Everett didn't wait for anyone to answer before he jogged off in the direction of his car.

"I... Have to go, like... Now. Tell Everett I said thanks anyway." Sam looked at his phone as he spoke to the girls. It was about 8:30, meaning that his parents were probably out looking for him already. He looked around and sighed softly, "Well, I guess this is farewell... Nice meeting you guys." He suddenly took a turn and headed off to the road, where he'd follow it home. He held his jacket over his head to protect him from the rain.

Looking back to the others, he smiled and waved, "See 'ya later!" He looked ahead and thought about what had happened today. He'd made new friends. One he was scared of, Everett; another he'd never met, but she seemed really nice, Nana; the artistic one he thought was cute, Mosaic; and... Well, that was pretty much it. There was the mean-looking girl and the shy guy, but he didn't really get to know them. Sam truly hoped he'd see them again one day.

"Oh...okay. Bye." Mosaic waved back with a smile as Sam suddenly took off. He was pretty nice and maybe they'd be friends once school started back up on Monday. That thought had crossed her mind a few times during the day. They got along well enough but would it really stick on Monday?
"C'mon let's go to Everett's car." Mosie took Nana's free hand and started to walk around the school being the only two left. Mosie's mind wandered back to her earlier train of thought. Everett was the big basketball star, Nana was the shy one, Sam was a quiet magician, and Mosie was just the weird hippie girl everyone wrote off. Would any of them speak on Monday. Mosie would most definitely try. Maybe Nana would still be her friend but she wasn't sure about the others and that made her pause.
"Hey Nana..." She squeezed the other girls hand lightly as her green eyes stared at the soaked cement. "...We'll....we'll still be friends on Monday right? You won't ignore me if I say hi?"

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.