Destiny [Sci-Action Epic] 1 to however many partners!

C

ch0sen1

Original poster
This is an interest check for an rp adapted and based off of the video game Destiny developed by Bungie. The plots and stories would be inspired from the game, but in a more cohesive and plot-by-plot basis as opposed to free span plot. The initial plot would focus on the arrival of a rogue house of an adversarial alien race known as The Fallen. This race believes in creed over freedom and establishes themselves in houses representing their disposition over all other species. When a new and more sinister house threatens not only Earth and the order of Fallen, The Guardians must face new challenges to protect The City and The Traveler, while also forming reluctant bonds with a race with nothing but malice for The Guardians. The Queen of The Awoken and all her legion.

For those of you who don't follow Destiny, that's okay as the plot will reveal the definitions and backstories behind the certain characters/beings/places to be explored. So at heart this is an action/sci-fi that will have a lot of character development and abilities to use depending on your class [Titan, Warlock, Hunter] in a semi space opera that will rely on cooperation. The plot will advance after the main initial plot is finished as well, and there will be a sense of freedom between characters, but every action has a consequence.

Energy Types:

Arc - Energy associated with lightning and electrostatic universal energies, capable of surging through blue enemy shields. Can incapacitate foes if strong enough.

Void - Energy formed from the essence of space and cosmic energy. Breaches violet enemy shields. Can also reduce/nullify enemy abilities.

Solar - Energy of the sun and of flame, with the ability to burn through any solar shields and foes alike. Flames can eat away at a foes life force.

Kinetic - The most standard energy of basic concussive force and energy. With enough force foes can be staggered and disoriented.

Brief description of classes:

Titan - The Titan is a Guardian class which specializes in armor. The first Titans built and defended The Wall that protects The City. Their heritage is rooted in strength, sacrifice, and mercilessness. Titans can be distinguished by their heavy, full-body armor and swept-back helmets. The Titan's unique armor piece is a mark, a piece of cloth worn on the right hip intended to show their allegiance, lineage, or achievements. Striker and Defender common subclasses. Only master Titans who understand the fire of passion and protection may claim the Hammer of Sol and unleash the Sunbreaker skill class.

Warlock - The Warlock is a Guardian class that specializes in combining "magic" powers granted by The Traveler with modern weapons. Warlocks have long studied The Traveler, which gives rise to their ability to harness some of its powers. As the warlocks advance through levels, their arcane powers strengthen. In appearance, Warlocks can be distinguished by their rounded helmets and long coats. As with the other classes, in addition to head, chest armor, gauntlets, and leg armor, they have a special fifth armor slot that is unique to their class and further helps to distinguish them from their brethren in arms: a bond (armband) worn on the upper-left arm. Sunsinger and Voidwalker common subclass. There are virtually minimal Warlocks who can channel the essence and universal energy of the cosmic storms, that would infuse them with the power of the Stormcaller subclass.

Hunter - Hunter is a Guardian class. Hunters are "quick on the trigger and deadly with a blade," so much so that they have earned a fearful reputation and are known as the "Masters of the Frontier". Hunters can be easily distinguished in-game by their signature hooded cloaks, thin builds, and lightly armored outfits, which contain an armor-to-cloth ratio of about 50-50. Also, as with the other classes, in addition to helmets, chest armor, gauntlets, and leg armor, Hunters have a special fifth armor slot that is unique to their class and further helps to distinguish them: a cloak worn on the head and back. While Hunters, like all Guardians, can use any and all weapons in-game, they employ a unique utility blade, the Hunter Knife, for stealth kills and melee combat. Bladedancer and Gunslinger common subclasses. But there are a rare few who embrace the lone void. Whose skill is unmatched by droves of others, making them in control of space and shadow. They are the Nightstalkers skill class.

PicMonkey-Collage.jpg

Races:

Humans - People of the planet Earth that have existed for millennia. Fair skinned appearance and homo erectus posture; intelligent species.

Exo - Machine like race; self-aware war machines developed by humanity during the Golden Age for a long forgotten war, with the sole purpose of protecting their creators. They were rebooted during the Collapse and now have no memory of their original function. Exos are "so advanced that nothing short of a Ghost can understand their inner functions. They remain ciphers, even to themselves; their origins and purpose lost to time. Whoever built the Exos fashioned them in humanity's image, gifting them with diversity of mind and body."

The Awoken - Awoken are a bluish-gray-skinned species. They are descendants of Humans who, during the Collapse, tried to run to the far edges of known space to escape The Darkness. Something mysterious and strange happened to them at the edge of Human-controlled space, which altered them forever. Many of the Awoken live in The Reef, but others also live on Earth. Earth-born Awoken who adventure to The Reef often go unwelcomed by the Queen as outsiders.

If anyone is interested respond below! Preferably with your race and/or class if you'd want a prime spot in the rp. My character will be a female Awoken Warlock. If this gets traction of course. I would only need about 2-3 ppl, but if more want to come then feel free! Everyone is important. More information about lore, races, and universe will be decided once I know enough are interested. I REALLY WANT TO DO THIS!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm down, and my character will be a Human Male Titan.

I've been really obsessed with Destiny lately!

I would play a hunter! . . . undecided about gender and species but leaning towards a male human. ^^

I'm down, and my character will be a Human Male Titan.
So loyal lol, I'm glad you've still showed interest! Human Male Titan sounds good. This version will be more diverse and immersive, and we're starting the story with House of Wolves instead of Black Garden, to deviate from Destiny a bit.

I'd be down for it as an exo hunter, as well.

This is an interest check for an rp adapted and based off of the video game Destiny developed by Bungie. The plots and stories would be inspired from the game, but in a more cohesive and plot-by-plot basis as opposed to free span plot. The initial plot would focus on the arrival of a rogue house of an adversarial alien race known as The Fallen. This race believes in creed over freedom and establishes themselves in houses representing their disposition over all other species. When a new and more sinister house threatens not only Earth and the order of Fallen, The Guardians must face new challenges to protect The City and The Traveler, while also forming reluctant bonds with a race with nothing but malice for The Guardians. The Queen of The Awoken and all her legion.

For those of you who don't follow Destiny, that's okay as the plot will reveal the definitions and backstories behind the certain characters/beings/places to be explored. So at heart this is an action/sci-fi that will have a lot of character development and abilities to use depending on your class [Titan, Warlock, Hunter] in a semi space opera that will rely on cooperation. The plot will advance after the main initial plot is finished as well, and there will be a sense of freedom between characters, but every action has a consequence.

Energy Types:

Arc - Energy associated with lightning and electrostatic universal energies, capable of surging through blue enemy shields. Can incapacitate foes if strong enough.

Void - Energy formed from the essence of space and cosmic energy. Breaches violet enemy shields. Can also reduce/nullify enemy abilities.

Solar - Energy of the sun and of flame, with the ability to burn through any solar shields and foes alike. Flames can eat away at a foes life force.

Kinetic - The most standard energy of basic concussive force and energy. With enough force foes can be staggered and disoriented.

Brief description of classes:

Titan - The Titan is a Guardian class which specializes in armor. The first Titans built and defended The Wall that protects The City. Their heritage is rooted in strength, sacrifice, and mercilessness. Titans can be distinguished by their heavy, full-body armor and swept-back helmets. The Titan's unique armor piece is a mark, a piece of cloth worn on the right hip intended to show their allegiance, lineage, or achievements. Striker and Defender common subclasses. Only master Titans who understand the fire of passion and protection may claim the Hammer of Sol and unleash the Sunbreaker skill class.

Warlock - The Warlock is a Guardian class that specializes in combining "magic" powers granted by The Traveler with modern weapons. Warlocks have long studied The Traveler, which gives rise to their ability to harness some of its powers. As the warlocks advance through levels, their arcane powers strengthen. In appearance, Warlocks can be distinguished by their rounded helmets and long coats. As with the other classes, in addition to head, chest armor, gauntlets, and leg armor, they have a special fifth armor slot that is unique to their class and further helps to distinguish them from their brethren in arms: a bond (armband) worn on the upper-left arm. Sunsinger and Voidwalker common subclass. There are virtually minimal Warlocks who can channel the essence and universal energy of the cosmic storms, that would infuse them with the power of the Stormcaller subclass.

Hunter - Hunter is a Guardian class. Hunters are "quick on the trigger and deadly with a blade," so much so that they have earned a fearful reputation and are known as the "Masters of the Frontier". Hunters can be easily distinguished in-game by their signature hooded cloaks, thin builds, and lightly armored outfits, which contain an armor-to-cloth ratio of about 50-50. Also, as with the other classes, in addition to helmets, chest armor, gauntlets, and leg armor, Hunters have a special fifth armor slot that is unique to their class and further helps to distinguish them: a cloak worn on the head and back. While Hunters, like all Guardians, can use any and all weapons in-game, they employ a unique utility blade, the Hunter Knife, for stealth kills and melee combat. Bladedancer and Gunslinger common subclasses. But there are a rare few who embrace the lone void. Whose skill is unmatched by droves of others, making them in control of space and shadow. They are the Nightstalkers skill class.

PicMonkey-Collage.jpg

Races:

Humans - People of the planet Earth that have existed for millennia. Fair skinned appearance and homo erectus posture; intelligent species.

Exo - Machine like race; self-aware war machines developed by humanity during the Golden Age for a long forgotten war, with the sole purpose of protecting their creators. They were rebooted during the Collapse and now have no memory of their original function. Exos are "so advanced that nothing short of a Ghost can understand their inner functions. They remain ciphers, even to themselves; their origins and purpose lost to time. Whoever built the Exos fashioned them in humanity's image, gifting them with diversity of mind and body."

The Awoken - Awoken are a bluish-gray-skinned species. They are descendants of Humans who, during the Collapse, tried to run to the far edges of known space to escape The Darkness. Something mysterious and strange happened to them at the edge of Human-controlled space, which altered them forever. Many of the Awoken live in The Reef, but others also live on Earth. Earth-born Awoken who adventure to The Reef often go unwelcomed by the Queen as outsiders.

If anyone is interested respond below! Preferably with your race and/or class if you'd want a prime spot in the rp. My character will be a female Awoken Warlock. If this gets traction of course. I would only need about 2-3 ppl, but if more want to come then feel free! Everyone is important. More information about lore, races, and universe will be decided once I know enough are interested. I REALLY WANT TO DO THIS!!!

I actually had something of a falling out with this game until I realized the grimoire cards filled in all the empty parts of the story in a sort of Dark Souls-esque style (which I adore), and then the Taken King came along and actually fixed a lot of the problems I had with the gameplay itself.

I've been really obsessed with Destiny lately!

I would play a hunter! . . . undecided about gender and species but leaning towards a male human. ^^
Yay! So a Warlock, Titan, and 2 Hunters. In order to make room for character/skill development, we will only focus on one subclass out of the starting two, with the other one being sort of an alternate subclass to enhance as the story goes along. (Ex. Titan Striker will have to develop Defender as time progresses, or a Defender would do vice versa for Striker.)

The 3rd subclasses are seen as elite and transcendent and will only be available through certain scenarios, but once they are accessed they will be yours to use. (I don't plan on having Stormcaller for after few events.)

I actually had something of a falling out with this game until I realized the grimoire cards filled in all the empty parts of the story in a sort of Dark Souls-esque style (which I adore), and then the Taken King came along and actually fixed a lot of the problems I had with the gameplay itself.
Yeah I had NO idea what was going on until my brother showed me the cards, they were really interesting.

But okay good, everyone be thinking of your main subclass!

Reactions: Luxii
Yay! So a Warlock, Titan, and 2 Hunters. In order to make room for character/skill development, we will only focus on one subclass out of the starting two, with the other one being sort of an alternate subclass to enhance as the story goes along. (Ex. Titan Striker will have to develop Defender as time progresses, or a Defender would do vice versa for Striker.)

The 3rd subclasses are seen as elite and transcendent and will only be available through certain scenarios, but once they are accessed they will be yours to use. (I don't plan on having Stormcaller for after few events.)

Yeah I had NO idea what was going on until my brother showed me the cards, they were really interesting.

But okay good, everyone be thinking of your main subclass!

The cards really sorted out a lot of the criticisms I had for the story (the biggest one being that it largely didn't have one). It really reminded me a lot of Dark Souls (funnily enough, I believe there are two Dark Souls easter eggs in the game, so I can't help but wonder if they drew inspiration from From Software).

I believe I'll be the Bladedancer, if my fellow hunter doesn't want it.

I'd love blade dancer for my subclass! :D

Edit: Bah! Too slow XD I'll take gun slinger then :3