Destiny - On Wings of Fury IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
[fieldbox=Gabriel 'Hex' Zaynesworth, red, solid, 10, Book Antiqua]

"Lucius Rowe - Hunter with an affinity for Arc. Has been on several missions; seems capable in a fight." Hex immediately began dishing out information as soon as he was instructed. "Would do well as a forward unit - having him attempt to deal with a flank could prove suboptimal as most of his missions have been on Earth and the Moon. He has little knowledge of Venus' geography and structure."

"His Ghost is also quite irritating." Star quipped and the corner of Hex's mouth twitched upwards into a slight smile, though only for a second before he regained his composure.

"Rez Nero - Warlock with an affinity for Void. He's the latest Warlock Vanguard experiment. From what I understand, his powers are based more around controlling an area in comparison to the standard Warlock 'atomize everything faster than a Striker but with the range of a Nightstalker'. Apparently it's the reason his armor is so different in contrast to most Warlocks. Could possibly do well if he's in the middle of the assault providing support. The full extent of his abilities are undocumented, so keep that in mind."

"Also, his Ghost is irritating." Star added once more, though Hex managed to not react.

"Next up is good ol' Cassius - Another Warlock with an affinity for Void. His usage is more standard, but a lot more impressive - both visually and in regards to the end result. He's one of the good guy Warlocks; not as snooty as most of you lot tend to be. His skill could make him a valuable asset in terms of leading a forward charge." Hex suggested before he paused, as if thinking about something.

"Then there's Hana Carter, commonly referred to as Kat. Hunter with an affinity for Void. She's good with her bow - I've seen her in action. She's fond of that sniper of hers, so it'd probably be best to let her bring up the rear." Hex said with a shrug, not really having much to say about his fellow Hunter. "I won't be so presumptuous as to tell you about yourself, and if you want to try and exploit the flanks I can handle that. I know Venus better than anyone else going on this mission, but the decision is yours, Commander."[/fieldbox]

Ziara sighed as she finished up with a couple of adjustments to her ship. She was currently focusing on her ship mechanic business while she figured out knowledge for the cars of old. She seemed really ingterested in them for some reason, unlike most other people like her who were more interested in their Sparrows and ships. Something about the loud noise of an internal combustion engine excited her greatly.

It was at this point her ghost materialised just to her right. "Miss, Ziara." The ghost said in his smooth voice. "It appears you have been called to the Hall of Guardians. Hex is there waiting."

Ziara looked up frpm her work. "Hex?" She asked her ghost. Hex was a regular opponent of hers in The Crucible, one she had got to know quite well, and formed a bond with, though it wasn't exactly what you could call "tight". They had their disagreements quite often, but Ziara seemed o get on fairly well with Hex, in the long run.

"Yes." The ghost confirmed. "Should I warp us there?"

Certainly, just let me grab my helmet and weapons." Ziara rushed off to her armour rack and picked up her 3 weapons, along with her helmet. With the weapons holstered and her helmet craddled under her arm, she gave the command to her ghost to warp them to the Hall.

---------------------------
In a brief flash of blue light, Ziara and her ghost materialised at the enterance to the Hall of Guardians. Walking in with one hand on her hip and the other craddling her helmet under her arm, she addressed herself. "Ziara Talavera, reporting as ordered." She said, talking a spot near one of the walls, placing her helmet at her feet, her ghost floating above her right shoulder.​

As if answering a summons Cassius walked up to the group, his glowing yellow eyes looking to each of them curiously, "Yes? I heard my name mentioned." He stood a bit closer to them now, giving them all a good look at his light blue face, which seemed to have some kind of ethereal energy wreathing his neck. They could see now clearly that his face was partially covered by a kind of tiger like warpaint, which red in color. It was an odd combination of design and color for certain, but such eccentricities were not uncommon in the Warlock order. Plus the warpaint made his glowing yellow eyes truly pop with an almost intimidating intensity. His hair too was a very noticeable shade of red, and was kind of pulled back a bit, so that it stayed out of his eyes when he was casting. He had been taking the time given to him to stock up on ammo for his weapons, buying all the bullets he could carry. It was times like these that he was grateful to The Traveler for allowing him to turn matter into light like this for the purposes of transport. It made his life so much easier. Cassius still was bothered by the prospect of the Vex posting guards instead of fully committing to an invasion, but he did his best to not think about it right now. There were plans to make, and unbridled paranoia would help no one.

Last edited:
@Xam

[BCOLOR=transparent]"They're transmatting the area. Same thing they did with Mercury. There probably won't be that much resistance inside. From what we've gathered over the years, the Vex are deathly afraid of the Warminds." Hex spoke up at Ikora's prompting. She wanted him to speak so at least some sort of 'connection' could be formed between the guardians. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]They had all been brought together at a moment's notice, so it was best they get used to talking to one another casually. "They find it easier to determine and calculate what we're going to do in comparison to an AI. Really speaks wonders about the Warminds. Anyway, it's obvious they're not trying to get to Gilgamesh, they just want it 'gone'. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]So, based on they're track record, they're trying to throw it out of time and then turn Venus into another machine planet." Hex explained, sharing the conclusion he and Ikora had both came to. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Rez mildly groaned under his breath. He still felt uneasy about the situation. While he may not argue with facts there had to be some reasoning behind the sudden threat. While he was use to enemies and foes, he was not use to news like this. As in it wasn’t something you were use to hearing everyday. He didn’t say much, merely nodded at the answer he was given.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]And listened to the other information given. Deciding it best to follow the others into the hangar, Rez did not feel the need to drag out pointless conversations at current. He wanted to keep his head clear, open and prepared for what was to coming. Heading straight towards Utkarsh who was addressed to lead the group. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]“Utkarsh, correct,” Rez spoke dryly, he always had, sticking out his hand, “You were told that you would be the one to be leading us through the mission. I am Rez Nero. I have no questions. I simply find it best to introduce myself to the current authority.”[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He waited for Utkarsh to respond and accept his hand shake. To Rez it was also important to figure out what kind of leader would lead. Whether or not that sounded cynical, Rez did not ponder it too much about the philosophy. It could have been a more honorable greeting, but Proxy spoke,[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] “Oh Greetings! That’s nice that. Greetings that is. I wouldn’t be talking about anything else. You know say hello. Shake a few people’s hand. Then get murder by a hoard of Vex.”[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Rez tried to keep his expression stiff without making an emotional gesture towards his shell, Rez mumbled, “Ignore that voice.”[/BCOLOR]

[fieldbox=Utkarsh Deane, blue, solid, 10, Book Antiqua] He held out his hand gave Rez a firm handshake, simply nodding at his odd introduction, before also nodding in Cassius's direction and turning back to the map.

He had the beginnings of something here, but it was going to be on extremely slim margins. He expanded the map and tried rotating it in different angles to get a better handle on the exact geography of the literal fortress they were supposed to lay siege to.
[/fieldbox]

Cassius looked at the map along with them, examining the troop layout and placement of artillery. "Hmm, I think I may have a solution for this, " he said, putting his hand to chin before pointing at the Cyclops on top of the building. "We can't do and airstrike because of him, " he then pointed at the ground forces near the entrance of the building, "and infiltration will be difficult because of them. Perhaps what we can do is fire on them from orbit. Granted there is a chance of significant damage to the building itself but that would seem to be our best option for getting past them. Either that or I use my super on the ground troops right off the bat, however if I do that then it will be about 4-5 hours before I can do it again, and if I know the Vex, we won't have that kind of time to complete our mission."

@TheTechnoVampire
Warlock Vanguard - Ikora Rey
Hall of Guardians
Watching as Cassius and Nero left the Hall just as Ziara arrived, Ikora nodded to her in greeting before quickly bringing her up to speed. Explaining that the mission would be taking place on Venus, being headed by the Warlock Utkarsh. She explained that the Vex seemed to be trying to rip the Warmind AI, Gilgamesh, out of time to somewhere out of their reach and that the mission was of the utmost important. Ensuring that the Titan was properly up to speed, she directed Ziara to head to the Hangar where Hex and the rest of the Fireteam were converging prior to leaving out.

[fieldbox=Gabriel 'Hex' Zaynesworth - Vanguard Hangar, red, solid, 10, Book Antiqua]

Standing quietly, Hex's eyes closed as he stepped to the side somewhat casually. It was to put distance between himself, Cassius and Nero - he didn't have anything against them, but it was instinct for him to ensure he wasn't 'surrounded'. It was a subconscious paranoia that he never questioned and didn't really acknowledge, but it was part of the reason he tended to scout alone.

"Orbital assault is out of the question. The area itself is already unstable and fragile, so any form of high-powered, orbit-based firepower could potentially destroy the Warmind. Our best method of approach is honestly on the ground, as unfortunate it is." Hex's voice was barely audible, quiet yet strong. "But, that decision lies with Utkarsh."

"Do you have any suggestions, Nero?" Hex inquired, eyes still closed as he stood with his arms folded across his chest.

@Clyde @Cassius
[/fieldbox][/hr]

Ziara flashed a small smile at Ikora, before listening intently to what she was saying. It seemed like it was a bit of a rescue mission. Though, she wasn't particularly cool with it being a rescue mission, she wasn't about to turn down an opportunity to fight alongside some of her fellow Guardians.

Giving a small salute to Ikora, she retrieved her helmet from the floor and headed towards the hangar. "What do you suppose the Vex want with Gilgamesh?" Ziara asked her ghost, who was currently hovering over her right shoulder. "I don't really have much of an idea, but I'd assume it whatever it was wouldn't be good for us." Her replied. Ziara chuckled a bit. "That's definitely true."

Entering the hangar, she noticed Hex, along with the other Guardians. Giving a small wave to him, she found something to lean against as she waited fro them to deploy.

[fieldbox=Utkarsh Deane, blue, solid, 10, Book Antiqua]
Utkarsh raised a fist, signalling for the rest of them to stop their chatter, then signaled the guardians who were still reticent and standing at a distance to convene around the table. Once everyone was close enough, he enlarged the map, then rotated it.

"Hana ' he started, making eye contact with the woman before signalling to a high vantage point roughly 400 meters out from the heavily guarded entrance ' You're going to set up there. I was told you're good with that sniper, so you're going to be cover fire...listen, when things go bad down there. I need you to make every shot count."

Moving on, he zoomed farther in on the map, until they were looking at the dreaded street in question.

"Ok, So here's where the majority of our assault's going to take place." Looking up, he made eye contact with Ziara, Cassius, Rez and Lucius in turn.

Ziara, Lucius, you're going to be taking point. Cassius, You'll be directly behind them as a mid range damage source, Rez you'll be in the back as support and peel. You four only going to draw the attention of the forces' He zoomed in further here, and drew a line on the virtual map. 'under no circumstance do you pass this line. The only job you four have is to draw and keep the Vex's attention, and you have to keep the attention, light skirmishing only, until the signal."

Here, Utkarsh looked up, making eye contact with Hex. Originally, He'd had Hex as part of the skirmishing force, but seeing the Hunters mannerisms had decided to switch him with Cassius

"Hex, Me and you are going to be on our own. We'll use the cover the Skirmishing will give us and flank. You'll be on the left, and I'll be on the right, we make our way down the half kilometer on both sides, setting explosions on each building on the way, we need to cover every floor according to my design, which I'll send you, then when we get to the end, at my preliminary signal Ziara and Cassius will break off from the skirmishing force, to get to the first half of the blast point.

Here he looked at Rez, Lucius and Hana "You three are going to be down two men here, but you can't let the attention of the hex waver. At my signal we'll set off the charges. If the buildings are as structurally exposed as you say, they'll fall like dominoes, and a half kilometer of buildings collapsing in one each other should do enough damage to the Vex to allow us to take on what remains without it being a suicide run."

Zooming back out so everyone had a birds eye view of the nest, he sighed. "Here's where it get's actually difficult. When the charges go, everything in that half kilometer if going to be up in smoke and flames, and we're all going to have to figure out a way to avoid major damage ourselves, then when we surface, we'll have to immediately engage the remaining Vex before they can call for backup."

Sitting back, he resisted the urge to let out a sigh. "Any questions?"
[/fieldbox]

@Jageroux ,@Dauwz , @Cassius ,@TheTechnoVampire, @Clyde, @Sasha Bliss

Last edited:
Lucius had stayed relatively quiet after entering the hangar. He had just waited for everyone to finally gather while in his mind he pondered over the possible uses of his new Sabre Claws. Due to them being made out of Hadium, he theorized the possibilities of using them with his Super. They were endless. Elongating their reach through forming arc blades, long range slash-like projectiles, electric shield formation - you name it. All he needed now was mastery over his weapons. That, however, he would have to resort to acquiring on the field.

I know what you're thinking and it's a batshit crazy idea, Luke.

A snort left the Hunter after Nova's voice hit his comms. She seemed irritated, but it was no surprise to him that under that irritation a sense of worry was hidden. That always happened and, whether the Ghost would admit it or not, she was definitely a caring creature. Granted, it was hidden very, very well, but it was there nonetheless.

Eventually, Lucius joined up with his new makeshift squad's leader and gave them a nod. He folded his arms as he listened to instructions, taking in the information and analyzing it bit by bit. A line that I can't pass... that's going to severely hinder my effectiveness. He thought to himself, frowning.

Lucius was that one very unusual exception to what a Hunter was supposed to be. Hunters prowled and stalked, catching their targets by surprise using either precision shots from afar or a fatal blade stab to an enemy's vitals before disappearing into the shadows. He, however, preferred CQB as he was more effective with the blade than he was with the rifle. He was like a Titan with a sword, only with less 'come at me bro' and more 'catch me if you can.' Speed was on his side - hell, he was arguably one of the fastest Hunters under Cayde's command. And in contrast to Titans and their 'beat 'em up' mentality, Lucius decidedly used precision and sharpness to end his foes quickly while on the move to dodge any imminent danger.

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee?

You've been waiting to use that, haven't you?

...shut up.

The quote Nova voiced out was definitely true of how Lucius operated, however he was not limited to close quarters combat alone. Yes, he preferred it. And yes, he was better at it. But he was no stranger to using firearms. A Guardian, more so a Hunter without the capability to use a gun was not only unheard of but the notion itself was ridiculous. He was as good with a gun as any other average Hunter, but he was by far no sniper like, say, Hex, who Lucius remembered Cayde had spoken highly of. Lucius was no asshole and listened to orders, too. Well, when the orders made sense, anyway. Hence why he saw no problem with the given plan and nodded.

He hummed, "No questions, but I do have a suggestion in regards to evac." He said, 'touching' the map and zooming in on the position of himself and the others who were supposed to take point, "According to the map, there are several exit points from the killbox. Here, here, and here." He said, pointing to each one, "Now, if we rigged the charges to go off one-by-one in a timed detonation the forward team would have the opportunity to move in tandem with the chaos and double-back into one of these alleys before we're buried under a hundred floors of skyscraper. Then we hop on our Sparrows and get clear. We'd just have to pinpoint which explosion hits where and when and we can pretty much map out both our safest exit route and fastest re-entry."

"The Vex shouldn't be too much of a problem because the heat from the initial explosions, while it definitely won't be able to fry their sensors, should at the very least disorient them, giving us a window large enough to ignore their presence and squeeze through."

Last edited by a moderator:
Kat or Hana stood up and walked to the group looking at the map now laid out in front of them , quickly her eyes scanned the area. Looking a crevices and blind spots. He called her name and pointed to a position nodding her head she resumed scanning while getting the gist of what was said. She noticed a small drop behind her point which she could jump to cover if need be. Hana took note of everyone else's roles while listening in,

Status
Not open for further replies.