Desperately Seeking Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TheUnstableOne

Original poster
Hello, I am not sure if this is the right place for this or not...if it's not feel free to move it to where it belongs.
Here it goes, I am nowhere near new to roleplay I have been doing it since I was thirteen and I am now twenty-two, turning twenty-three in October. My problem is this, I love to roleplay but lately I feel like I am in a writing rut. My writings bore me anymore, I seem to use the same phrases and words repeatedly and I am annoyed with myself..I am trying to get into writing smut fanfictions, I have written a few that aren't terrible but that was only because I happened to read some before writing my own and it gave me inspiration. I just can't seem to get out of this writing rut and wasn't sure if there were anyone out there that could help me? Mentor me? Teach me how to be more detailed and use more interesting words and such....please I am desperate for help, I do not wish to let my love for roleplay die any time soon. So, if someone could take me under their wing and write with me, to help me improve my skills and to become a better and more interesting roleplay partner I would appreciate it.​

Reading helps jumpstart my inspiration, whether it be fanfics, other roleplays, or an actual book. I hate to admit it, but if nothing inspires me, I can't write. Being inspired by others' works helps me.

As for repeating the same words over and over, I am also guilty of this! A thesaurus helps, but sometimes I just google something like "another word for [insert word here]". It's faster. xD

I was also interested in smut at one point, but wouldn't dare try because I had no experience. Then I found Skyrim kink meme. After reading all the different stories, I was finally confident enough to try it out. They have kink memes for plenty of other fandoms, of course, but Skyrim was what did it for me at the time.

I hope I was able to help a little. If anything, just know you do not struggle alone!

Did you find the help you need? If not, please PM me and I can help work with you to improve areas most important to you as an RPer.

Status
Not open for further replies.