2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Fantasy, SciFi, Modern, Magical
When I try to view the website on my cell phone, it squishes the Character Sheets, and indeed a great many of the more intricately designed posts, into an unreadable mess. That, or it cuts off large parts altogether. But of course viewing the same from the desktop is just fine.

Is there anyway I can use my phone to see the site as it was meant to be seen, or do I need to resign myself to only accessing it via desktop?

Depending on your mobile browser, there might be an checkbox or option to request the desktop version of a site in the browser settings. That should solve your formatting woes, although it would be really tiny and you'd have to zoom in.

Depending on your mobile browser, there might be an checkbox or option to request the desktop version of a site in the browser settings. That should solve your formatting woes, although it would be really tiny and you'd have to zoom in.
I've tried that. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work.

I can't really help you in this matter, but I did want to chime in and say that it happens to me too- I have a fairly large phone screen, as well, so I believe it's just something with the mobile versions of sites. It happens often with a lot of sites, unfortunately. :(

If I do manage to find some type of fix, I'll be sure to let you know! I'm sorry you're having this problem.

Reactions: Red Thunder
To be honest, the best way to solve this problem is to ask politely if those using fancy formatting could put their character sheets in spoilerbb unformatted. It's personally helped me a ton, as there is no switch to desktop site on Iwaku and it's difficult to get the checkbox list down for my Iphone.

• Thank You
Reactions: Opossum My Possum
To be honest, the best way to solve this problem is to ask politely if those using fancy formatting could put their character sheets in spoilerbb unformatted. It's personally helped me a ton, as there is no switch to desktop site on Iwaku and it's difficult to get the checkbox list down for my Iphone.
Actually, if you're like me and feel that it'd be rude to ask someone to change their post for ease of reading (mobile vs browser, colors vs skins, etc) you can just hit the reply option, more options, then edit their message to make it mobile friendly (add spoiler bbcode, remove other bbcode, etc) then just hit preview.

It's a bit more work on your end, but it lets you seen their post and information without having to bother them about it. Then, if you decide to RP with them, you can request for them to do nothing too fancy for that RP.

Again, that's just what I do. It's in no ways a perfect solution, but it's a fair work around.

Reactions: Red Thunder
Status
Not open for further replies.