Four years. It was only four years since she crossed paths with these humans again.

She had thought that perhaps she'd see them again when they were in their 60s, old and aged. She was rather looking forward to that so they would see she hadn't aged a day, and she could boast about how beautiful she still was. Yet, it had only been four damn years, and both the humans had kept their beautiful looks.

Fan-bloody-tastic.

Honey, of course, looked every inch the gorgeous seductress she had been four years prior, perhaps more so now she had her figure back. She was able to squeeze into a summer dress that showed off every curve and a generous amount of her chest, too. Given it was still only the 1920s, she was clearly... modern in her desire to show her body off, though she still maintained a degree of gracefulness too. Somehow.

Letting her green eyes flicker up at the two, she let the straw drop from her lips as she took her time in answering, just so she found the right words to say.

"...Mm, Georgia. Not too far from where you both are. I suppose I fell in love with the good old South," she drawled, her voice carrying that same sultry tone it always had. "...My, it has been a while, hasn't it~? You both look exactly the same, how... lucky."

"It's only been four years, not ten. We don't age so quickly." Philip cackled, rolling his eyes. "I never got to thank you for bringing Joy into our lives. She's...Perfect. Really. Thank you so much for that. There's no way we could ever repay you for being so generous and kind."

Joy hopped off the swing, running over, still barefoot of course. Joy did look just like a doll. She wore an adorable little yellow dress, and she wore a big yellow ribbon in her dark brown hair. Her hair fell in natural curls that reached just below her shoulders. Her emerald eyes shone brightly under her dark long eyelashes. Running to her parents she grasped her mommy's hand, looking up at her with a big grin, before looking at the woman. If she was a regular four-year-old, she wouldn't see the similarities in herself to the woman. But she knew this had to have been the woman who gave birth to her. Her parents never said anything like that Melinda wasn't her birth mother, but the child knew. Because in her mind she wasn't a child. But instead, she acted like a regular four-year-old. "Mama, I want some ice cream. That man is selling some." She stated, pointing to the ice cream cart.

Philip chuckled and swooped his daughter up on his hip. "This is Joy, Honey. Our little angel. Isn't she just a doll?" Cooed Philip placing a kiss on his daughter's cheek.

Did he just ignore what I said? Thought Joy, surprised. Her parents always obeyed her wishes. Huffing slightly, she glanced at her birth mother unimpressed. This woman didn't impress her, mainly because she felt a type of way towards her. She didn't even look at her when she was born.

Did she feel a rush of love for the girl when she saw her?

Not... really, no. In her eyes, this wasn't even her kid. This was Melinda's daughter, and she barely even looked Joy's way. When she did, she looked at her like she was just another child. She hadn't thought about her much, because... well, it wasn't her daughter. Biologically, maybe, but not really. The agreement had been in place before Honey had even got pregnant. There was never any determination to keep the child, even if that briefly crossed her mind.

Simply, Joy wasn't her daughter, so she wasn't going to get gooey-eyed and lovey-dovey now she saw her.

"Mm, she sure is... girly," the woman replied with a faintly arched brow, hiding her smirk. If she had a daughter, she wouldn't dress her like a doll, she knew that much. Not that she wanted children, ever. She'd put her body through far too much at this point and she hadn't really recovered as much as she liked. "I told you, I dislike children. That hasn't changed one ounce in four years, darling. I haven't married, I haven't become a little housewife. I'm really not... into domesticity. But she is cute, I suppose."

"What a vile old lady." Joy stated loud and clear. One thing Joy learned for her past life, was women hated being called old. She earned a few slaps in the face while she was Chance from calling some women old.

"Joy!" Philip gasped, wondering what brought on the sudden change in his daughter. He never heard his daughter say something mean. She looked up at the man with big doe-like eyes, feigning innocence.

"Yes, daddy?" She asked. Of course, she had her parents wrapped around her little finger. Philip instantly forgave his daughter, smiling apologetically to Honey

"I'm terribly sorry Honey. You know, children sometimes just say things, I'm sure she thinks you're gorgeous and young."

"A bit horrid on the eyes. Are those wrinkles in your forehead, lady?"

"Joy! Stop that!"

She should be offended and get angry with the little girl for her rudeness, because Melinda was definitely insulted and her cheeks flushed red in her horror at her perfect daughter's insults.

Yet, Honey grinned wider and wider by the second. If there was any proof this was her genetic daughter, that was it.

"Oh, aren't you a brat? You know, it's very rude for little girls to talk like that, and I'm sure your parents have taught you better," she began slowly, barely blinking as she simply rested back against the bench and let that casual smile grow further on her cheeks. "Go on, what else do you think about me? Let her speak, Philip, she's very clever. I want to hear her opinion, she's such an outspoken little thing."

"I promise she's not usually like this, usually she's such an angel-" Began Philip but Joy cut him off.

"Your eyes are too far apart." She blurted out, and Philip covered her mouth, giving her a stern look. It was the first time Philip ever looked at her like that. Instantly she felt bad, whimpering she nuzzled his neck for forgiveness, deciding she wouldn't say anything else to the woman.

"...I'm sorry Honey. She must be cranky. She hasn't had a nap yet." Patting the little girl's back to soothe her he smiled apologetically.

"Oh, don't apologise, she's a darling. It's always nice when a girl finds her voice at a young age. We've been oppressed far too long, I'm glad your daughter is outspoken. Perhaps a tad too rude, but you're good parents, you'll teach her right. She is a lovely girl, isn't she?" Cooed Honey, emphasising the word 'girl' with a faint grin on her face. Like she had known about Philip's hobbies, she easily figured out that the girl was in tune with her past life. Not every person born remembered their old lives, and there really wasn't many who still believed themselves to be that person.

But she knew Joy did. It was rather amusing, really. Impressive, interesting... but amusing.

"Look, I really ought to go. I have a boyfriend I need to be meeting. His name's George, he's awfully handsome. Such a lovely young man. Not that I haven't enjoyed meeting up with you both, but... George is impatient, he'll get annoyed if I don't rush to him. I like that, it's exciting~"

"Well, you have fun, with George. We should see each other again sometime, right Melinda darling." Holding his daughter, Joy glanced back at Honey, glaring lightly.

She didn't like how she stretched her words when it came to saying 'girl'. She wanted to say something else rude, but she didn't want to displease her parents. They were already angry with her for saying all she did.

"Maybe we can all go out for dinner tonight after we put Joy here to sleep."

"Oh, I'd adore dinner! Bring your lovely new boyfriend, I'm... just glad you're happy and committed to someone. I always worried that you might not settle down and--"

"I don't think that's a great idea," interrupted Honey, sighing under her breath. How did she even become like this, befriending two humans? She was a succubus. She used humans for pleasure, she abandoned them or killed them or just downright ignored them. But now she'd somehow befriended these two, enough that, after four years, they were still intending to sit with her at dinners and have conversations and be friends.

How the hell did this even happen? How did she let her standards lower this much?!

"No offence, but I... I'd rather have dinner with my boyfriend by myself. You know me, right? I probably won't finish the meal, we'll be in bed by then."

"You can make an exception tonight right? We're all friends, it would be lovely to have a meal with you. And I worried about you too. I worried that Alejandro fool would never stop pestering you." Mumbled Philip unbeknown that Alejandro didn't know where she was at the moment. The only reason why he wasn't here at the moment was that he couldn't find her.

"Alejandro? Oh, he's old news. He can't find me as quickly as he'd like. He probably thinks I've moved to a different continent, he won't even think I'm still in the country. I'm smart when I want to be," purred the woman as she fiddled with a ring on her finger-- one she'd received recently from a female admirer and used it to replace the ring Alejandro had one given her.

She was certain he hadn't given up the search for her but, for the first time in hundreds of years, she... was actually over him. She didn't think about him, ever. To her, he was a distant memory and one she wanted to keep locked away.

"...Fine, dinner tonight. I'll bring my handsome man friend with me, how about that? Make sure the kid's sleeping though, I'm not a fan of children, even your delightful little girl."

"I'm not a fan of old women. They all smell like too much perfume." Grumbled the little girl, shooting a glare at her.

"Joy, please, be a good girl for daddy." Pled Philip, not understanding why she was being so rude to Honey. She barely even knew here. Joy grimaced at the word girl. Squirming to be put down, she groaned when Philip didn't put her down.

"Sorry, once again Honey. She just needs her nap. Where shall we meet up with you tonight?" Asked the man, rubbing his daughter's back.

"And I'm not a fan of you either, Joy. You're very rude and your eyes are too green. Far too green. Mine are the perfect shade, yours just are too bright," she smirked back at the little girl, winking said green eye. She was able to insult the little child while making it sound like a joke, just so she didn't face Melinda's wrath.

She couldn't explain to the woman that Joy had an adult's mind, could she?

"How about at the Hotel Fairway? They do an amazing steak, and I know you adore that, Philip. I haven't forgotten your taste for meat."

"Well, my tastes have changed." Warned the man, as he rubbed his daughter's back. "And try not to pick on my daughter, Honey. She's only four. She won't understand that you're joking, and it'll hurt her feelings."

Joy simply glared at the woman, not saying another word. For one, she knew she was adorable. When she looked in the mirror, and couldn't help but coo at how perfect she was. But she hated her face all the same. She wanted to be the man she once was.

"Oh, you underestimate her, she understands perfectly. She's more intelligent than you realise, you know? Don't do her a disservice by underestimating her intelligence, Philip. Now, I'll see you later, okay? I'll be in the dining room-- and do wear something nice. It's a posh establishment."

"Well thank you for thinking my daughter is smart. And Honey, you are speaking to Philip Nottingham. We are posh." Chuckled the man, as he waved to her, heading back to him and his wife's spot.

Later that night they were at the Hotel, dressed up as always. Philip looked gorgeously handsome and his wife Melinda looked just as beautiful and perfect as always. Arm around her waist, he walked into the dining area, looking around for Honey and said boyfriend.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: potassiumboron
Did Honey really want to be sat at a dinner with two people she'd rather keep in her past, and a human 'boyfriend' she was only keeping around for his money?

No. Of course not. It didn't take a genius to work out that this was the last place she wanted to be. She'd rather be in bed and delving into a rich box of chocolates. She was a party girl and she loved attending speakeasies, but hell, sometimes even a succubus needed a quiet night in and a pamper session.

Yet, instead, she was heading into the dining room of the hotel to sit opposite the other couple, forcing a smile as she sat next to the handsome human she was... sort of dating. She didn't want to, and she hated that he was showing her off as his gorgeous girlfriend, but... he was rich.

He could buy her things and she could save her money. That was the only reason she was sat with him right now. If she needed reminding why she was sat with him, all she had to do was look at the sequined dress she had on now. It was exquisitely made, and worth hundreds of dollars. So yes, she was happy to sit with the human if he continued splashing the cash on her.

"You look delightful, Honey-- and this is your boyfriend? Oh, he's very handsome," cooed Melinda as her shining eyes watched the other couple approach.

George was a man who was handsome, definitely. However, he was a rude man and was a bit cold-hearted. And he absolutely Philip Nottingham. Did Philip know this? No, he had no clue who this man was. But George hated him because Philip bought a company he wanted himself. Petty, like a child, but thought company would have brought him in a lot more money. And Philip stole from right under his nose. Not only did he steal that, but he stole Melinda from him. Okay, so Melinda was never officially his. He was one of those men who approached her boasting about himself. He was head over heels for Melinda. She was the most beautiful woman in New Orleans! And Philip came with his stupid accent and stole her! His brown eyes narrowed at the man, scoffing lightly.

Philip smiled brightly at the couple, holding his wife. "Pleasure to meet you, George. You two look well tonight. That dress suits you Honey." He complimented. His hand rubbed his wife's hip, which had been getting fuller out of nowhere. She complained she was getting fat, but Philip was loving every inch of her.

Honey wasn't an idiot, and she definitely wasn't clueless. She knew that George wasn't entirely in love with her, that he was simply parading her around Atlanta because of her beauty and the attention she got because of it, but she hadn't realised that he had always had eyes for Melinda. She didn't remotely care, of course. She wasn't in love with George and she barely could stomach his company.

If anything, him desiring a married woman was just the sort of drama Honey needed back in her life.

Melinda, of course, grew uncomfortable the moment she realised just who George was. It took her a moment or two to recognise him, but when she did, she paled and shifted in her seat. She remembered him from her youth, when she was a young 16 year old. She'd had dozens of admirers trying to woo her and sweep her off her feet, and George had been a front runner. She was prepared to marry him, ready to accept his offer of marriage, until she met Philip. After that, she forgot all about George.

And she had enough on her plate to deal with. She may have what many deemed to be a perfect life, and she was extremely happy, so any little problem many would just shrug at became astronomical for her. She had such an easy life that little problems became huge ones; irritating issues she just wanted to get rid of. And the issue in her life at the moment was the fact she thought she was putting on weight. She'd always been skinny, all her life. She didn't mind that. When she met Honey, with all her curves and femininity, she hadn't got jealous once. She'd always been comfortable with being small--

Though now she was pretty anxious that she was putting on weight. She didn't indulge in cakes or anything of the sort. She baked for her husband and daughter, but she never once let a crumb pass her lips. Yet she knew she must have put on weight, because nothing else explained the fact her dresses didn't fit her. Her hips, like Philip often lovingly pointed out, were definitely a lot fuller than they used to be-- but unlike her husband, she hated it. It often reduced her to tears.

"Stop it, Philip, I don't like it," she hissed under her breath, slapping his hand under the table with a warning look. She ought t be flattered that her husband wasn't bothered by her changing shape, that he loved her more than ever, but... well, she hated herself right now, and she didn't like him touching her much.

Philip's eyes looked over to her, easily hungry with lust. He loved how tight that dress looked around her, licking his lips he obeyed her, but that didn't stop him from sometimes eyeing her up.

George glared at Philip, scoffing slightly, before saying, "Philip Nottingham. It's truly an honor to be in such a successful man's company. I mean, I hear you just have it all. Beautiful wife, beautiful daughter, wealth, what don't you have?" He asked kindly, seething underneath. "And Melinda, it's great to see you again. I haven't seen you since you were sixteen."

"You two have met before?" Asked Philip, actually surprised since he didn't know who this man was.

"Oh, yes, we were dating when we were youngsters. All the way up until some man came into town."