3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Magical girl, action, science fiction

• Hi, it's nice to meet you! You can call me Quin or Molli. If you like dynamic character relationships and action-packed fight scenes, and you're 18 or older, you've come to the right partner search.

• Angels, silvery jumbles of wings and eyes and stingers and flames, have existed since the beginning of civilization and evolved with mankind. They attack Earth in catastrophic waves called Descents. If ignored and unprotected against, a sufficiently large Descent will cause the extinction of the human race.

Humanity's defense against the Angels has come in the form of three world-spanning collectives: the Sentinels, the Advance, and the Templar. Historically, the Sentinels trained warriors who prioritized protecting people from Angels, no matter what the organization had to sacrifice. The Advance's approach centered around the energy Angels release called Divinity, which the Advance harnessed by taking Angels captive and using Divinity to power technology. Today, the Advance fights Angels in mechs and battleships, but is more focused on gathering and understanding Divinity than protecting people short-term. The Sentinels take the opposite approach and use military technology reminiscent of today's, but have nearly died out due to their reckless sacrifice and weak weaponry.

Enter the third faction, the Templar of Angelblooded Knights, which is a splinter group from the Sentinels. They formed when Sentinel Jeffery Deschamps injected an Angel's blood into his body, making him strong and fast enough to defeat Angels using only his rifle and body. After Deschamps led the defeat of a Descent, he formed the Templars, warriors who also injected Angels' blood into their bodies. The empowering effects of the blood persisted over years, and in addition to strengthening the body, they unlocked supernatural powers when evading attacks from Angels. However, Deschamps died in middle age, and the rest of the Templars were slowly following. It seemed that infusing one's own body with Divinity from the blood conferred useful powers for combat, but gradually broke down the human body.

This did not deter the youngest Templars. Aware of the risks, they continued to fight, and were competing with the Advance with the amount of Angels they dispelled, with far fewer casualties. Outsiders wanted to become Templars despite the risks, and soon, Deschamps Templar of Angelblooded Knights was formed - three schools that train college-aged Knights from all over the world.

Knights work in teams of three, plus a Support whose primary duty is to navigate and make tactical decisions for the team. The teams all stay in apartment-like quarters, and split their time between training, pleasant day-to-day life, and heroic battles against Descents.

• ARMORS
    A Knight wears one of their armor sets into combat, which affects their skillset (including their evade and finisher). It's also a costume change, and doesn't necessarily include actual plates of armor. Knights are likely to get a new armor after a character or plot arc wraps up.
    Example names: Frost Diamond, Nova Repose, Moon Breaker

WEAPONS
    Each Knight's fighting style centers around their weapon.
    Examples: dual pistols, sword, hand-to-hand

EVADES
    When a Knight narrowly dodges an attack (by an Angel or anything with an Angel's blood), they trigger a special power. This power changes based on the Knight's armor; two armors on different Knights can have the same evade. (The power can only be used immediately after the evasion, because it's triggered by a short-term spike in Divinity.)
    Examples: Time Slow, Lightning Field, Gravity Well

FINISHERS
    Each Knight has a unique finishing attack that changes based on their armor. Must be charged by attacking first.
    Examples: Hailstorm Blitzkrieg, Comet Flare, Gravity Warp

STIGMATA (SINGULAR: STIGMA)
    A stigma is a tattoo-like skin implant containing an "energy signature" from a real person, often a historical figure. Stigmata confer useful passive effects, such as increasing strength or speed under specific circumstances, creating energy shields, giving additional effects to evades, or healing small amounts under the right conditions. However, a poorly-made stigma can take over its user's body or mind, or potentially both. A Knight can change their stigma with a Support's help, provided that the stigma being unequipped is properly made.
    Examples: Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Archimedes, Ada Lovelace

• This RP focuses on relationship development through the lens of a monster-fighting college. Possible pairings for this setting are:

Muse A and Muse B are friends from high school. One is an idealistic first-year Knight, and the other has transferred into the Templar from the Advance. Muse A vouches for their character, and Muse B is grateful, but a lot has changed between high school and now. (What changed? Why isn't Muse B in the Advance anymore? Can Muse A recover their friendship?)

Muse A and Muse B are both first-year Knights. Muse A lost their memory of one year of their life. When they meet Muse B as part of their team, Muse B seems oddly familiar, and seems to recognize Muse A as well. But Muse B is reluctant to tell Muse A what's going on, and insists they treat one another like they've just met. (Why? What happened?)

Muse A was less born than made to fight Angels - their genes were selected by arranged marriage, and their upbringing was closely monitored, so they would be the strongest warrior and most resistant to Divinity's damage. Muse B is their older sibling figure who tried, however conflicted, to keep them on track. Muse C is their friend from outside. Both try to be real friends to Muse A. (What does that mean, though? And how will that friendship be put to the test?)

Muse A is searching for a rare stigma in a historical site. They find it in a runaway Knight, Muse B - Muse B has lost sight in one eye because Muse B is wearing the stigma, which was incorrectly made and is affecting their body. Muse A is assigned to watch over Muse B and make sure the stigma doesn't do further damage. Over the next few months, the two become close, but it soon becomes clear that the stigma is taking over Muse B's mind too. (How did this happen to Muse B? Can Muse A save them? What's standing in their way?)

Feel free to approach me with your own pairings in addition to these. As a Knight team has four people (including the Support), playing multiple characters is required. We will write two pairings at a time. (If you're interested in a larger cast than two pairs, my attitude towards that is "the more the merrier!" However, I only require two pairs.)

I prefer F/F pairings, though I may play one F/F pair alongside one M/F or M/M pair. Romance is encouraged, but not required.

• 18+ only. Not necessarily for smut - I'd just prefer to play with people closer to my own age (22).

Anime/illustrated pictures only.

I write 1-2 paragraphs at a time, sometimes more if I'm inspired. I don't like to make a habit of writing long chains of actions.

Posting speed is flexible, but I would prefer if you responded at least once every two days.

This RP plot borrows heavily from the game Honkai Impact 3rd. If you're familiar with that game, we can make this a Honkai Impact RP rather than an original concept, though I'd still prefer to use OCs rather than canons. (Additionally, we'd probably have to revise the pairings somewhat.)

That's about it! Thanks for reading this far; feel free to post in this thread or PM me if you're interested.

Out of curiousity, how do you intend on applying these mechanics in an RP-sense? Will Evades/Finishers just be allowed whenever? Or is there some dice mechanic involved?

Reactions: Mollisol
Out of curiousity, how do you intend on applying these mechanics in an RP-sense? Will Evades/Finishers just be allowed whenever? Or is there some dice mechanic involved?
I was planning on it being completely freeform, though I would not be averse to a simple numerical/dice mechanic if you have a suggestion!

Hm, I could certainly think up something like that. Right now, I'm leaning towards the Morning Glory plotline. Just to confirm, does the gender ratio for Templars skew to a particular side?

Hm, I could certainly think up something like that. Right now, I'm leaning towards the Morning Glory plotline. Just to confirm, does the gender ratio for Templars skew to a particular side?
Alright, great!

I wouldn't say so (although my preferences about pairing genders would still apply).

Gotcha. By the way, what exactly differentiates between the Support and the Frontline? Are supporters just normal people with low affinity to Angel blood or something?

Gotcha. By the way, what exactly differentiates between the Support and the Frontline? Are supporters just normal people with low affinity to Angel blood or something?
Mhmm! A support can fight in a pinch, and they do have some Angel blood in them. But it's not enough to make it a good idea for them to be on the front lines. (Alternatively: rather than low overall affinity, I think it's possible that the Angel blood strengthens their minds rather than their bodies.)

Oh, yeah, I was actually sorta imagining that the support would literally be like, a couple miles away from the fight, just talking to the frontliners through their comms or something like that.

On another note, do you have any particular roles that you'd want to play for the plot?

Oh, yeah, I was actually sorta imagining that the support would literally be like, a couple miles away from the fight, just talking to the frontliners through their comms or something like that.

On another note, do you have any particular roles that you'd want to play for the plot?
Morning Glory pairing: Muse B or C.

Considering that it uses 3 characters, I was thinking one of the muses (probs B or C) was merged with another muse from another plot. I am leaning towards Spider Lily for that; I'd want Muse A. (I don't want to pawn off all of the work of figuring out the memory onto you, though. We can discuss it together.)

Hm, what are your thoughts on fusing the plotlines between Spider Lily and and Camellia then? With Muse A having lost their memories of the last year, which also happens to be the length in which they went missing after obtaining a stigmata in their eye?

Hm, what are your thoughts on fusing the plotlines between Spider Lily and and Camellia then? With Muse A having lost their memories of the last year, which also happens to be the length in which they went missing after obtaining a stigmata in their eye?
So just to be clear, the fusion in addition to a different plot? I'm down for that.

Yeah, it'll be something like...

We have Morning Glory A and B. C from Morning Glory is also A from Camellia, while the last member is B from Camellia, who has a forbidden stigma in their eye that is responsible for the loss of one year's worth of memories as well as other adverse side effects.

Yeah, it'll be something like...

We have Morning Glory A and B. C from Morning Glory is also A from Camellia, while the last member is B from Camellia, who has a forbidden stigma in their eye that is responsible for the loss of one year's worth of memories as well as other adverse side effects.
Okay, so if I've got this right...
A, B, and C from Morning Glory, with C doubling as A from Camellia + B from Camellia.

I'd like to be A from Camellia (which is also C from Morning Glory). You can choose whether you'd like to be A or B in Morning Glory.

Also, do you prefer to play in threads or PMs?

Mm, I'll take B for Morning Glory then, with them being the Support for this team of nerds. And I'd prefer threads. Gotta get my post count up again. ;3