Writing Levels
  1. Give-No-Fucks
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. No Preferences
Genres
Anything but Fanbase I will try
it was a sound ship. The wanted ad, only said it was able to fly and from what the numbers that were listed it was an old ship. But she found that it was more then able to fly, it could withstand the time of its age. Most ships lasted about 5 years, this ship was classed 20 years ago, before the fall of the United Space. The U.S. was based off an earth idea of peace in differences and it was amazing how the works had nearly made it through the universe. If it hadn't met the Warlord of this regen it might have lasted a lot longer. Out here, the lawman are Yeoman, an earth word and Blitz oversees them. Blitz is a company, in the least complicated way things could be explained. And in days, they had the U.S. at their knees. U.S. had better ships, like this one and more manpower, but the Blitz had secret attacks and cruelty, that brought fear and made the worlds in this galaxy fear them more then believe in the U.S.

but that was the world they lived in. She had heard a lot of stories about the U.S. and some that still made it sound like they were still out there. But in this galaxy, you couldn't hold on to hope that was not there, that you could not see. And this was a hope she didn't have the chance to hold on to. So, she had wrapped her bouncing curls up in a ponytail, taken the poster for some wanted crew and started to this ship. The Desalination. A ship just a few years younger then her and looked like she had taken a beating from those years. But it needed a crew, Captain West was all that was placed on the ad and that was who she was here to see.

She brown eyes scanned the open space of the hanger door; the ship was huge but the space inside was like a whole other world. The cargo space was about 1/8th​ filled with crates, but the space was so big she walked through the empty space, looking up the latter and latter hoist. To the second, third and what looked like a forth level in a staircase kind of way. Each level was cut in half from the level below it and it all had something there, equipment and lifts. She was amazed that such a place could exist, but then again, she had never been on a ship before and this one looked like a carrier. Ate the end of the first level was a door, she could start there. This Captain couldn't be too far, if he had this door open and was waiting for crewmembers to join him.

She poked her head through the door, stepping in moments after she did, to find a man seating on a chair at the head of the table, looking at a book. He wrote in it and seem to be completely focused on it. The handsome features of his face made her sure that he had been well taken care of. But the dirty on his clothes, face and hands made it look like he had worked a lot. His heavy-duty boots rested on the table, as he leaned back into the chair and worked on whatever he was doing in that book. His hair was black and dirty, like the rest of him, but his eyes were not as visible as she would have liked. They could have been blue, or brown for all she could tell. But there were focused and for a moment she wasn't sure what to do, until she decided, he must be part of the crew.

She placed her bag down and his voice caused her to jump, "This is not a luxury antique and she is not for sale." He said, his voice was commanding but soft, the deep of it was not too much, but not so much that he overtook her.

"I can because of the ad." She said, her voice was shy, she didn't know who he was, but he seem to have an idea of her.

"Then you should go." He simply said, not turning to her, looking her way or even acting like she was there. He wrote in his book.

"But it is asking for someone to join the crew. That's what I am here for." She protested.

"It also states for someone that can work in a firefight."

"I have a gun." She said, as she patted the gun on her left hip, to show it off.

"You can't right." As all he said.

"Why? Because I'm a girl, you think that I can't fight, I have you know……" she said, but he interrupted.

"You open the door with your right hand, which also is where you had your bag, your right shoulder. Your gun is on your left. Unless you are like me, Ambidextrous, I doubt you can fire that weapon like you know what you are doing let alone get to it before I shot you dead. So, no."

She narrowed her eyes, as she pulled the gun out and placed it on the table, "I am not going to miss this chance on a crew because I can't put my gun in the right side. It was my father's gun and I'm not spending another day on this rock, if I can help it. I will explain to the captain and I will make him understand that even if I can't shoot, I shouldn't be turned away." She stated.

That was when he looked up at her, the ship's voice rang through the room, "Should I start the engines?" it asked. The man's eyes looked at the woman in front of him, his hazel eyes, changed from a calm blue to a stall brown.

"No." he ordered before placing his book down, 'Do you know what the ship is? It is a pirate ship, which means we get shoot at a lot and the ad was only placed in that location because the owner is a nice person, I did some work for. I can't be covering another crew member's ass, while I am doing my job. You want to join a crew, go to a cargo ship or a luxury one. But getting off this rock is not a good enough reason for me to allow a little girl like you to come on board. So, like I said you should go." He said and she lost her stand for a moment before she straightened up and looked at him dead center.

"I am the best engineer you are going to find in this area. My name is Helena Reid and I am the daughter of Captain Leonard Sebastien Reid. I am not leaving this ship unless I am part of the crew." She said.

"Should I get rid of her." a voice said behind her, Helena looked back at the cold face of a beautiful black-haired woman. She was just a little shorter then Helena, but she looked like she was serious.

"Yes." The Captain said, "And take her gun with her." he motioned to the gun she had let go of. "Last thing I need is a Yeoman's daughter on my ship, who can't even shoot." He said as he went back to his book, his feet back on the table and his focus back away from Helena.

"Of course." The cold woman stated.

"No. you can't." she said, as she watched the woman go for the gun. She tried to stop her, but the woman overpowered her with great ease, pushing her against the door before she moved to her.

"My father was killed on duty for doing his job. So, what if you are a pirate, I want to join your crew. I can learn to shoot. I will even pay you. You can't do this to me. I have no one." She said in a panic.

"Captain's orders." The woman said.

"What if I can prove my value?" she asked, hoping it would help.

"You are of no value to me. I fixed this ship from the day she started. Don't nee the help." The Captain said, not looking away from her book, as the woman lifted up Helena to take her out.

As she was carried out she was surprised by his lack of interest, she had think of something, so she burst out, "This is a U.S. ship class Rain. You need two hands to repair her hail and that left wing won't last." She said as the door closed, the woman had her outside the room and walking down the cargo bay, before she stopped.

When she did, the man walked out of the room towards her, "Put her down." He commanded and the woman did.

"This is not something we should be thinking of Captain." The voice of the ship echoed.

"Agreed. Captain, she is the daughter of a Yeoman." The woman stated.

"Yes, but the two of you can look it up. Yeoman don't know about the Class Rain and if your left wing goes out, we lose speed." He stated.

"Yes, but there are other ways." The ship stated.

The woman looked between Helena, who watched and listened in silence and her captain. "How are you sure she can be trusted to fix it?" she asked her captain.

"Because if she wasn't able to fix it she wouldn't have noticed and that was exactly the point of adding to the ship." He stated, before turning to Helena, "Can you help fix it?"

Helena smirked, "I can help to fix it without being killed and I don't even need the blueprints." She said proudly, "My mother was a mechanic of a Class Rain. A U.S. Warship top ranking machine, with the fastest maneuvering speed and rapped fire to fly in forty galaxies. It's a legend and she taught me how to work it, well, she tried to. She passed before she could teach me a few things, but with the skills I have, I know I can fix this ship."

"Captain West." He introduced himself, "This is AI unit, 47360052, assigned as the physical body of the ship known as Desalination. You have your chance to impress me."

Helena's eyes wide, not only from the surprise of being accepted to try to get her place on the crew, but the fact that it was a Class Rain 4736 model. "So, this is a multi- ship?"

"Correct." The woman stated.

"Don't call her crazy." The Captain stated, it was a common idea, to call the Desalination crazy because the AI, ship and hologram all had their own ideas and personalities. The Rain was designed as a look out ship that could be maned by as little as one crew member. At least when it came to the worst of it. The Captain knew that he wasn't supposed to man the ship alone for as long as he had, but the few crews he had had, were either dead or had betrayed them, so they were floating in space, most likely dead.

"No way. The 4736 models are amazing. A little different on the inside but obviously the better out of the Rain models. To have such human personalities and multiple ones in one programmed system. To keep them apart the way it does. I am amazed she is still in one piece and sane."

"Well, how about you work on impressing me and then we can talk about it if you do?" the Captain suggested.

Helena grinned, nodding, "I will." She said as she took her bag and started outside the cargo bay door to start her trip through the market for a bridge latter to get to the wing.