Demon's Broken Promise || IC

unknown.pngPitcher Purantu
Occupation: Head Doctor of the Center of Healing and Medicine [CoHM] , one of the 9 Officers of Serpent's Kiss
Demon Type: Enenra [Smoke Demon]
Ability: Smoke Manipulation, Barrier Creation

Interactions: Glumisun Palma Cristi, Avaddon De'Angulis
Mentions: Azrael Blackthorne

The hospital compound was already flocked by newscasters and other journalists who wanted to know the scoop. To the head of this area, it was surprising that they sniffed out the incident faster than most officers of every section in the city. The medical staff had to bring up a barrier to keep those nosy people away, as well as keep their patients safe. Knowing how the paparazzi worked, there would be a lot more injured after the news reporting. The Serpentine Ghurkas were also in the vicinity, keeping peace and the desperate enough out of the main building.

Pitcher has already prepared the operations room as well as the rooms where the three leaders will be resting on. Knowing her own would be forcing herself until she loses her consciousness out of exhaustion, she also prepared a tranquilizer dart and has contacted the second in command. When news from the first ambulance came in that the leader from Ravinca escaped, she took a deep drag from her pipe.

"Do they really think that they know more of their body than the person trying to save them?" she mused out before puffing out the smoke. At least the said leader was clean. It was a wonder what attracted the female population less than 30 to that male. When the second one came in, she hid her pipe and called in the attention of the medical staff. "Be prepared. Glumi is already operating and would continue it after rushing the patient to Operations. Sedate, secure and be alert." Wearing her surgical mask, she, too, was prepared.

What came out of the ambulance was not what she was expecting. Rarely have the leaders turn into their demon forms. This... this black chicken... Avaddon? "Miss Pitcher," Glumisun called out as the medical staff wheeled in the Black Rose leader. This had the doctor snap from her shock.

"I know," Pitcher stated, leading the smaller female to the changing room to get into scrubs and continue the operation. At this point, it was Pitcher who continued. "Did you give him the drug?" Sterilization was in order.

"Yes. He is already clean of the virus but I do think his mental health might be affected."

"That is the least of your concern. Right now, we have to close up what you did and sterilize the wound. Give the chicken some blood transfusion and hope that his mind was not affected by the infection permanently."

The operation went on for 8 hours - checking that everything is clean and stitching the wound. Since they cannot give Avaddon a potion to completely heal him as the current drug in his system would just render it null. What Glumi did was out of protocol for human operation but is considered alright for demons. She took out her flute and encased the shoulder and most of Avaddon's torso and arm in ice.

"Is that alright?"

"I have seen him do it a couple of times in training back then," the red-head explained, removing her mask and slowly got off the scrubs as Avaddon was wheeled to the private quarters. They, too, got out of the operations room and were on the lounge area. "With that finished," she chirped out as if they were not in a life and death situation. "I might be heading to check on Sir Azrael for now."

Placing her hand on Glumi's shoulder, Pitcher grinned, splitting her face in two. "Not so fast, medic-san," she smirked. "Rebellia would be coming to pick you up. As a doctor, I advice you to listen to him and both of you go back home to rest."

The leader's expression said it all - wide eyes, gaping mouth, a tint of pink on her cheeks because she was caught, rigid body. "B-but... We still need work to be finished," Glumi stated, wincing when Pitcher's arm dug into her shoulder.

"Do you want to let him tie you on your damn bed... again?"

"I'd like that."

Glumi's automatic answer had Pitcher laughing and the leader blushing and trying to shut her up. "M-miss Pitcher!" she yelled out as the wide-mouthed doctor kept singing 'Nue and Glumi sitting on a tree...' It was childish for both but a welcome one nonetheless.

l6yzqn0hszw61.jpg

Shadow Moonlight
Location: Vellum School of Ink and Quill → Outskirts of the Serpent's Kiss | Interactions: Ravi (@kookyboy9) | Mentions:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

As they exited the campus perimeter, Shadow let Ravi lead their way as he was the one that knew where they're going exactly. Humming a cheerful melody she had on her head, Shadow followed Ravi from behind, the sound of her steps filling the emptiness of their surrounding.

When Ravi asked Shadow if she brought her shockers, the white-haired maiden turned her head to look at him and nodded firmly, raising her forearms to show him her peculiar black-metallic bracelets that were bigger than the usual jewelry pieces. "Hai! I never go out of the Manor without them. Not only they will help me to protect myself but they also were a gift from Az-kun, so... I always take them with me."

Chuckling with a light blush, Shadow lowered her arms and put them behind them, returning to look around their surrounding, her ears perked up, twitching once in a while for any noise they perceived.

"So, Ravi-kun, where exactly are we going?" Shadow asked after a while, turning her head to look at Ravi's back. "We've been walking for a while now, and I'm starting to wonder if this is some kind of kidnap." She chuckled a little at her small joke because she knew well Ravi wasn't that type of guy. Besides, he wouldn't dare to kidnap Shadow... Or at least that's what the werewolf maiden believes.

Just when she was about to keep talking, Ravi finally explained to her that they will be stopping at a few locations and he wants her to smell around and see if she can pick up any strange smells that will lead them to something interesting. When he finished explaining, Shadow widened her eyes with wonder and smiled brightly, her sharp canines sparkling with glee.
"Oh, naruhodo! So, you want me to find the trail of something or someone in particular, ne? Ha-ha! I love chasing things!"

Then, Shadow picked up the pace of Ravi and was now walking beside him, on his right. With a smile, she leaned forward and turned her head to look up at his face, her hands behind her. "Don't expect me to turn around and run away to get some help, leaving you behind, ne? I won't do that. I will bash my fists through whoever dares to attack us. I don't run from danger, I face it with fists and teeth!"

Most people will think that Shadow is just reckless and will get herself killed, but so far, facing dangers with fists and teeth have worked for her, and no matter how many times Azrael has warned her that one that she might end up dead because of that, she just doesn't seem to listen.

After a few more minutes, Show and Ravi arrived at an abandoned house in the middle of the outskirts of the Serpent Kiss. There were a couple of signs placed around that said "Crime Scene" or "No Trespassing", along with the typical yellow police tape covering the perimeters of a crime scene to prevent people to enter. As Shadow stopped in front of the house to look around, she realized this place was part of the areas of the recent murders. With her eyes widened, Shadow quickly turned around to look at Ravi.

"T-This place... Don't tell me that the places you want me to investigate are the murdering areas." Still shocked with surprise, the werewolf maiden turned around to look back at the house and chuckled, her heart beating fast with excitement. "Subarashii~! I can't wait to break to get in there and discover some mysteries."

As her nose twitched, Shadow sniffed a couple of times before stepping back, covering her nose. "The smell of blood still lingers around here. If I remember correctly, this is the house where a family got brutally murdered, ne? The whole place was a bloodbath, so it makes sense that I can still smell their blood."

Sighing, Shadow gently grabbed the yellow police tape and pushed it upwards as she lowered herself to pass above the tape. "We should be careful, Ravi-kun. If the rumors I heard are correct, ferals are involved in these murders and they always come back to the places they kill to eat whatever scraps they left."

Without anything else to say, Shadow began to walk to the front door of the house that was sealed with yellow tape to prevent people from entering. Ignoring it, Shadow grabbed the doorknob to open the door, but as expected, it was locked. "Mhm... The door seems to be locked. Why don't you do the honors and kick it open, Ravi-kun?"

Poppins
Mackenzie
Ash Wolves
Interactions: N/A
Mentions: Sephtis

Mack took her communicator excited to find out her mission. Of course she already had a feeling on what she didn't know for sure. Her leader knew her preference when it came to missions. She was an assassin who kept to the shadows, a woman willing to kill anyone if need be. As the number lit up, however, her suspicions were confirmed and it was time to find their targets. Her lips turned up into a devious grin as her eyes drifted around the room, looking for her teammates.. Seemed she was mostly on her own. Aside from the 3 rando's she was assigned to work with. Happy with the decision of finding their targets Mack was quick to exit the building, the three members quick to follow her lest be left behind.

It wasn't long before she was staring her team in the eyes, standing in a dark alleyway, back against the wall and arms crossed. "Alright maggots, we'll be splitting up. We'll cause suspicion moving together so, I'll go toward the center of the city while you 3 divvy up the outer layers. Move quickly and quietly. Find anything, radio me first. I'll verify it's a viable target and we'll meet at the safe house. Any questions? No? Good, let's move out." She didn't give them time to respond as she drifted from the alley and blended with the crowd, seeming to vanish from sight.

This was one of Macks specialty, blending in. One look at her and people just continue on as she wasn't someone too special, for all they know she's just a demon in their disguise. Then again the thought of that made her sick. Demons, what loathsome creatures. Mack truly hated demons for the pain they have caused her and those around her. Then again she had to thank them for graciously giving her this life. Without it she wouldn't be the person she is today. That doesn't mean the hate leaves, however.

Shaking from her somber thoughts Mack came to a dead stop as her eyes set on an ambulance darting through the streets at an alarming rate. The sirens came next, loud and obnoxious they had her wincing slightly in pain. Mack raised an eyebrow as the ambulance came racing past and without second thought she ducked into an alleyway to follow it. Sending a quick rendezvous point to her team Mackenzie moved through the streets, following the ambulance as closely as she could on foot.

It was never an odd thing to see an ambulance in a city. This one, however, had a different take to it. Maybe it was the reaction of the public or maybe it was the energy coming from it that had her following it so closely. Either way, this wasn't normal for this city and that much was obvious. That led to the obvious question, who was inside? Had to be someone important or someone with power. Or perhaps it was their target? The thought had Mack moving faster as a grin pulled on her lips.

It wasn't long before she was at the hospital and watching as the van came to a stop and out rolled a demon in their demon form, or rather partially from the looks of it. Smirking, Mack moved closer keeping her movements silent as she got close enough to take a picture of the partially transformed demon and the woman that followed after, rather quickly. Sending the picture to Sephtis, Mack headed to the front of the hospital.

Poppins
Rowena
Black Rose
Interactions: Nue ( @happymech99 )
Mentions: Glumisun, Asphodel

Choosing to ignore the words that flowed out of Nue, Rowena zoned out of the cameras. However as the alarms rang through the room her head snapped up and she whipped around to see glass in front of the door. Her eyes darted back to the cameras for a second to see the leaders being hulled into ambulances. Slight relief passed through her and for a second she was calmer. The leaders were going to be okay. Rowena made a quick mental note to thank Miss Glumisun.

Then, Nue spoke. Ice ran through her veins as she slowly looked Nue in the eyes. Her face showed no emotion and eyes were lifeless as she simply stared at him. Outbursts from Nue weren't new but this was not the time. And while Rowena would be talking to Asphodel about locking people in rooms together, first Rowena had to talk to a child about respect.

SMACK! Rowena's eyes now shown with the rage and hurt she felt as she put her tingling hand down. She was never one for violence and was trying to avoid such a thing but one can only be pushed so much. "And here I thought you were better than to insult people simply because you are put into an uncomfortable situation. Pathetic." Rowena scoffed at Nue before brushing past him to sit in one of the empty chairs. "You talk all big and bad when really you're a child that throws tantrums when put in a corner. It's honestly surprising how you're still a second with the anger issues you have. Seen a therapist recently? Might help you some seeing as your nature is to simply lash out at anyone and everyone. How do you expect to gain the respect of others with an attitude like that? I know I don't respect you."

Rowena let her words sink in for a second as she took a seat at one of the empty chairs. Her body shook slightly from rage but she paid no mind. Unlike others she had more control over her anger. "Now unless you have an apology to say, refrain from opening your mouth lest I sew it shut."

Playfair Display Cardo [font=][/font]

Kayden 8AA010

Mentions: @Monbon
Setting:

Kayden could tell that they were in a pretty dangerous situation. They were outnumbered, and basically stuck in the ass crack of the city, so any luck that either help would arrive fast enough, or that anyone would stumble across the pair was slim to none. At that moment, their best chance was to avoid conflict and-

"Are you mentally incapable of finding ideal targets?"
There were plenty of times that Kayden was left speechless at the doctor's inability to read the room. Plenty of funeral gatherings were interrupted by spouts of medically accurate break downs of the deceased injuries. She straight up walked away from several conversations concerning the stability of the Ash Wolves at the mention of animal deaths. A Kayden was certain he saw more demon limbs, and organs in the mess hall, than he did anywhere else as she couldn't wait for her assistants to finish eating before subjecting them, and the rest of the cafeteria to more lessons on anatomy. This was surely one of those times., and though he couldn't speak, he was able to laugh. And laugh he did. Whether Ren knew it or not, she just sealed their fate, and made fighting the gang of demons unavoidable.

Kayden nearly missed his que to dodge as one of the demons shot a bold of electricity towards the pair. Kayden rolled to the side, but Ren, and V.I.S.O.R was struck as they were basically walking conductors. "Shit! Ren!" He called to his partner as he rose from the floor, and made to run to her side. V.I.S.O.R sounded a short alarm, warning him of his un warranted accelerating heart rate before he stopped in his tracks. He needed to remain calm if he was going to help her, but the alarm's chime only became more frequent, and desperate as the lowlifes began making fun of her.

Just as he was about to receive his own jolt of electric shock, he was given his order.

"These demons are better off dead."

That was enough to disable his selected personality, putting him back into his H.E.C.F mindset. He quickly drew to pistols from his pocket holsters, and aimed them at the demons that now began to corner him. He glanced towards Ren as she raced out of the building closely followed by a group of demons. He needed to be quick if he was going to help her. At least as quick as his human legs would allow him.
He glared towards the low lives blocking his way before pulling the triggers, and firing at whoever managed to put themselves in the way of the flying bullets. The bullets were made of a crafted metal that was able to basically carve through weaker demon flesh like hot daggers. Two of the weakest were to fall meaning that the other four needed more coxing through death's door..

He focused his attention on a pair of demons before rapidly firing bullets at their faces. Sure, the bullets didn't do as much harm, but metal in the eyes still hurt like hell, and he used that, only stopping once he had ran out of bullets. He then threw the empty weapons at their heads before racing towards the pair, taking a dagger from his pocket, and, without consent, inserting it into the demon's head before climbing atop his shoulders as he fell, and jamming a finger of his enhance glove into the other' ear, firing an explosion through his finger tip with the worst wet willy known to man, and turning to look as his remaining two- one target?

Before he could reaction the other demon grabbed him from behind, and lifted him into the air. Kayden struggled, but to no avail. His arms were pinned to his sides, leaving him defenseless. Luckily V.I.S.O.R cared enough about the mission to send a beam towards the demon, and cutting him in half.
Kayden didn't take a moment to breathe before speeding through the entrance after Ren "Thanks for the help dog? You got this last one right?" Surely she could handle one demon while he went off to help Ren right?

• Love
Reactions: Monbon

8e66ba83e7b8f4acbe56b69330fd3be0.png

|| Location: Neutral Zone Abandoned building || Interactions: Kayden @ArgonianScum || Mentions: n/a ||

Fleeing from her pursuers as quickly as her aching legs could possibly carry her, Ren took twists and turns through the halls, leaving bombs she summoned from the lab back home around every other corner, setting them off whenever she felt them catch up. Hoping it'd distract them for a bit and that they weren't resistant to poison like the one from before, she looked for a good spot to stage a trap of some sort or simply a decent area to hold them off for a bit.

It was harder than she had expected. She had tried to lift her tail to create an opening to another room but it was malfunctioning from the shock it had received earlier. It had become nothing but dead weight dragging her down and throwing off her balance. "If only it could be detached.." she grumbled. Perhaps it'd be a good idea to have a chat with Kayden about it at a later time. Should they survive this, anyway.

Her eyes flitted about quickly yet failed to see anything that could be used to her advantage. Even worse, it seemed the hall she had most recently turned into only led to a single door.

"Please don't be a dead end.." Serenity prayed as she turned the knob.

Only, it didn't turn. It broke apart in her hand on her end and she remained stuck at the end of the hall with nowhere to go. Panting heavily, she tried to catch her breath instead, giving up on the idea of charging on further. She simply did not have the energy for that. Holding out her hand, she summoned the remaining bomb containing strangler and stuck it to a ceiling beam. Ren had not expected to have to fend one off so soon, much less five.

The sound of heavy footsteps rapidly approaching came from around the hall. Four of the five that had followed her didn't look tired at all as they found that she had arrived at a dead end. Assuming the fifth had pathetic physical capabilities, she figured they'd met their end to Strangler or were at the very least knocked out by one of the shockwaves. Holding her revolver close to her, she waited for them to draw near.

Rather than take the risk of approaching, the ugliest of the bunch, a tall demon with bugs crawling all over him and skin riddled with holes they crawled in and out of casually, reached his hand out. "Antidote." He threatened, his golden eyes staring her down. "Give it up and we'll give you a quick death."

"So one of you is dead. Nice to know." Calmly commenting on the fact, Ren confirmed one had been taken down and felt some relief from it. Even if they weren't dead yet, they would be soon. "One doesn't have it. Not right now, anyway."

The demon next to the one who spoke didn't seem to like that one bit. In a fit of anger, the bulky horned demon slammed his fist on the wall, punching a hole through it with ease. "You dare! I'm going to tear you apart one limb at a time!!" He snarled, shoving the demon next to him to the side before charging towards her.

With little time to aim, Ren fanned the hammer, emptying the chamber as he approached. She wasn't sure what he was made out of as the bullets failed to fully penetrate his hard flesh. As a last resort, she holstered the revolver, took a deep breath and set off the last bomb she had attatched to the beam just as he passed it.

The shockwave hit both of them with so much force, his fist was thrown off, missing her face by mere inches. The blast shook the building to the point it seemed as if it would collapse at any moment.

As the smallest and lightest person in the blast zone, her body was thrown straight through the door behind her and into the room. Ren let out a sharp exhale as she collided with the wall. The air was knocked right out of her, sending her into a coughing fit the moment she could inhale again. Catching her breath, she struggled to get back to her feet and looked around her surroundings. The first thing her eyes flew towards was the small window on her right. An escape route! Relieved, she started to make her way towards it when she felt a large hand tug her by her hair, lifting her up with ease.

While the other three demons were still recuperating from the blast in the hall, the one that was blown through the door with her was already up and ready to go. He looked like he'd seen better days, the exposed parts of his body were riddled in burns and he had to have broken something judging by his limb.

Though none of that mattered as she wasn't any better off. Judging by how much it stung to breathe and move, she was pretty sure she had broken some ribs and fractured a few bones. Her body was already exhausted and simply rested limp as the demon yanked her around like a rag doll. Had she not had her spine replaced, it was likely her neck would have broken by now.

The demon's lips moved yet all she could hear was a steady ringing in her ears from the explosion and there were burns on her arms and legs. Ren got off pretty light this time around. It was already miraculous she didn't bash her head on anything.

Assuming the male was only saying something unpleasant, Ren couldn't hold back her laugh, wincing as pain shot through her. His lips moved again as he used one hand to grab her arm, and placed the other on her shoulder, intending to tear it off.

Yet, mid-sentence, he paused. Keeping an eye on the male's body language, she noticed his breathing was becoming more labored judging by how shallow his breaths were. Distracted by this, he knocked her down on the ground and started searching her pockets frantically.

Unfortunately for him the antidote was safe back in the lab. Search as he may, he could find nothing that even vaguely resembled an antidote. Amused, Ren watched as he desperately searched the same pockets over and over in a panic as if hoping for a miracle.

Then his eyes started bulging, she could see blood begin to seep through as the blood vessels broke. As a last resort he turned back wanting to check on the others but lost his footing on the way there which was soon followed by the loss of consciousness. Though she couldn't see his face anymore from where she lay, she watched as his breathing slowly came to a stop.

For the moment she lay there before sitting up and summoning the antidote for herself, drinking while she looked towards the door for any sign the poison didn't work on the other three. Reaching for her revolver, she drew it and aimed for the door, wary.

[Placeholder for Ravi + Shadow collab]

Ravi and Shadow investigate abandoned residences and find a colony of ferals in the sewers.