Demon's Broken Promise {IC}

Victoria Addams

Interaction/Mentions:
Everyone

It was a well-known fact that Victoria already moved on. Hell, she slept with dozens if not hundreds of men and women ever since their break up. So why in hell was she jealous when she saw Azrael being cozy with Bing? Wait. Jealous was the wrong word. To her knowledge, envy is the emotion of coveting what someone else has, while jealousy is the emotion related to fear that something someone have will be taken away by someone else. So no, Victoria wasn't jealous. She was envious. Seeing Azrael so intimate with someone else brought memories she buried deep inside her heart. Oh how it makes my blood boil She wished she can strangle Azrael right now but being the classy and regal demon that she is, she cannot let her emotions sway her and be seen as a petty ex-girlfriend.

If this is the game that Azrael wants to play, then so be it.

Thus, she stretched her arms upwards to let her well-endowed bosom bounce before cracking her neck to the left side, letting out a low soft moan. It used to be Victoria's tell back when she and Azrael used to be a couple. It was her discreet action that she wanted him but instead of letting her eyes focus on Azrael, it was focused on Marian.

A small speck of her wanted Azrael to see it. To fuel his jealousy even more. She wasn't blind when she noticed his heated glare on the bloody moon's second in command earlier when the two of them was practically undressing each other with just their eyes.

I will not lose to this little game of yours, Azrael dear.

She wanted to spur Azrael more but the sudden sound of explosions outside snapped her out. It wasn't long when Avaddon started barking orders, telling them to protect the clan and the city before destroying the window and jumping out of it.

"So dramatic" Victoria purred, rolling her eyes while still sitting on her chair, so relaxed and not an ounce of worry in her features. So what if the statues were attacked? It wasn't a big deal. Demons and humans isn't a big deal either so what's all the fuss?

When Nue asked her what to do, she hummed. "What should you do? Perhaps call some workers so they can start rebuilding a new statue?" she laughed coyly "I was thinking my very image made out of onyx. What do you think, Nue?"

Letting out another laugh, Victoria finally stood up from her seat and looked at the shattered window. She could see smoke from her territory, as well as smoke from the other three clans. She had to say it looked magnificent. She couldn't help but imagine the fear of everyone: their screams, their cries. A part of her think it was music and for a moment, she wanted it to last. But I have duties to attend to. After all, I cannot let my precious estate be destroyed

Letting her blue eyes changed in its fiery ones, an evil smirk was now on her lips as she looked at her second in command. Her mind was reeling of ideas about what they should do but decided to contain herself and be patient. It wasn't time for her to show her true colors. At least not yet.

"Assemble the guards and slaughter all humans in our territory," Victoria commanded, her tongue gliding on top of her lips. "No one and I mean no one, shall be spared. Oh and make sure the lower demons collect the dead bodies, my snakes haven't been fed. I'm sure they'd appreciate the treat"

The Queen of Serpents looked at her second in command, her blue eyes now golden and burning with sheer wickedness. "As for the perpetrator of this mess... bring them to me, Nue. Alive."

Azrael Blackthorn
Time - Evening | Weather - Cloudy/Rainy | Location - Sky Reach Sanctum

Azrael found himself smiling and chuckling dumbly while making funny invisible circles on Bing's right cheek with his index finger like if she was a white canvas. He didn't even minded or cared if she was comfortable or okay with him touching her cheek. He was so relaxed and comfortable hugging her like a teddy bear that he just wished to stay like that with her forever.

However, he suddenly felt some cold sweat on his back when he felt a certain demoness staring daggers at him. Confused yet amused, Azrael blinked once before moving his head to his left. There's when he noticed that the person staring at him was no other than Victoria. They kept staring at each other for a few seconds before Azrael rolled his eyes to his right, scoffing with a smirk. "Oh, my God, are you serious?" he thought, laughing hysterically, internally, of course. "Is she really jealous of me hugging Bing? Woah, this is really something I didn't see coming, but, oh, man, it's hilarious as fuck!" Not being able to hold it, Azrael began to laugh, tears forming on the edges of his eyes.

After a moment, the black-haired demon inhaled some hair, finally realizing Bing from his warm embrace to wipe the tears from his eyes with his index fingers, with a few chuckles still escaping his mouth. "Hey, Victoria, can I ask-"

Azrael almost choked on his own words when he turned his head to look back at Victoria and saw her doing her "signal". It used to be a secret code between them when Victoria wanted to have a heated and passionate moment with him. Sadly for him, instead of staring at him, she placed her gaze on Marian, from all the people around the room. Really!? Did she really was giving Marian the "look"!? And right in front of him!?

"Oh, you tricky, mischievous snake," thought Azrael with a scoff, gently biting his lower lip, doing his best to keep his composure. He knew immediately what Victoria was trying once he remembered how she was staring at him when he was hugging Bingling.

"Oh, my dear Victoria... My sweet, sweet serpent. This is a dangerous game where two can play. If this is how you want things to go, so be it."

Sighing with a smile, Azrael turned his head to look back at Bing, and when he stepped closer to her, the sounds of loud explosions from afar caught his attention. Frowning slightly, Azrael turned his body to face Avaddon, just in time to see him breaking one of the windows of the room. He said something about protecting the clans from humans and that right now, he didn't care anymore about humans dying in the process. What with the sudden change, though? Did he finally snapped and went crazy?

As Avaddon jumped out through the window, Azrael quickly bolted towards it and stared at the horizon in front of him. He spotted a lot of smoke coming from four locations and he didn't need to be a scientist to know they were the location of the four statues of the Founders of the Clans of Haven. He also managed to catch the screams fear, pain, and despair of people, humans, and demons alike. Something really bad must have happened, so Azrael didn't have any time to lose with pitty games with Victoria. Clicking his tongue, he turned around to face the rest of the demons.

"Apparently, they have been a few explosions in our territories," he said with a serious and concerned expression. "I guess we can continue this meeting another day. For now, let's just focus on aiding our people and find out what the hell just happened, okay?"

As he heard Victoria going full psychopath and commanding her Nue to "murder" all the humans in the Serpent's Kiss territory, including children. He remembered perfectly that he said he was against humans joining Haven and that the clans should do something about it, but murdering them all of the sudden for no reason wasn't the answer either. He just wanted to ban them, not kill them. Most of the humans in this city were actually innocent people with hopes of starting a new life away from their decaying cities. Sure, maybe banning them wasn't fair, but killing them was just not it. And there was no way he will let Victoria do such thing, and he hoped that Nue, such a man with a high sense of morality, would oppose following such orders. Of course, he hoped, but he knew perfectly that Nue will always do everything his "master" says, without questioning or hesitating. That was his best feature, but also the worst, as most of the times he forced himself to do unthinkable things.

Sighing with disgust, and kind of angry, Azrael turned his head to look over at Victoria, and once she looked at him, he gave him a disappointed glare. "I don't think that's the correct thing to do, Victoria," he said. "There's a lot of innocent humans in your territory, including children. I thought you once told me how much you liked children, and now, you are willing to just murder them? Damn, I didn't think you would be capable of falling that low, but, hey, I guess one can never really know a person that well."

Clicking his tongue, Azrael shook his head before walking towards Bing and grabbing her right hand. "Let's go, Bing, our people need us," he said. Before leaving, he moved his head to look over at Nue for a short moment before looking away from him. "You know... Evren would be really disappointed in you if you accept to follow those orders."

Without giving Nue any time to react, Azrael quickly, but carefully picked and carried Bing on his arms before turning around to face the broken window. As he rushed towards it at full speed, he jumped through it, and in mid-air, he took out his raven wings, flying gracefully yet quickly, heading toward the direction of the Ravinca territory. He could've let Bingling go by herself, but flying was the fastest way they could reach their destination.

While flying, Azrael looked down at Bing on his arms. "Once we land, I want you to go to the Manor and tell all of our Medics to prepare the backyard as an infirmary station. And tell the rest to go meet me to help me bring the heavily wounded." Sighing, Azrael swallowed hard before fixing his glare in front of him, flapping his wings quickly. "We're going to help humans too, okay? For now, let's put our differences aside and assist them too. That means you can't eat their souls, okay?"

Mentions: Marian

Interactions: Bingling (@Iceydaze), Victoria (@DANAsaur), and Nue (@happydeath)

• Love
  • According to Plan
Reactions: Nunali and Iceydaze

359d0ae938ee8b1fc2a8621ece2b359d.png

Interaction:
The Draca Family and NPCs

Mentions:
None

iwvrHNB.png
A faint sigh left Iscariot's lips as he watched Kieran wiped the mud off him and ran over to Mimi, a wide smile on his face as he joined his baby sister in exploring. As the second eldest, it was his job to watch over the little ones when Madeleine was busy. Miralee and Judas were helping their eldest sister with the horses. Iscariot didn't understand why they didn't just go straight home, but Madeleine brought up a good point. The horses had been walking for a long time, they needed a break, plus Mimi and Kieran were cooped up in the carriage, so they needed to stretch their legs. While the King-Draca family weren't going in the tower itself, a small break never killed anyone.

The demon male adjusted his hat and glasses, flicking the water from the fabric. He turned his attention to Madeleine before speaking, "Maddy, I'm gonna be with Mimi and Kieran, need me just yell." He said as she gave an understanding nod. Iscariot walked to Mimi and Kieran as they looked around. He arched a brow, clearing his throat as he spoke, "What are you guys looking for?" He asked curiously. Mimi turned her head, her large demon hues shimmered with glee under her hoodie. Her demon bear still sitting on her shoulders, "We are wooking for fwowers for mama, I mean big sister." She cheered, smiling happily.

A faint chuckle left Iscariot's lips as Kieran ran over, his front smeared in mud. His hands held an assortment of different flowers, the older male prayed to the Seven he didn't pick them from the garden near the tower. He watched as Kieran turned to Mimi and placed their arrangements together. Kieran just flashed a big smile before speaking, "There, I'm sure big sister will love these." Mimi giggled and turned to face Iscariot, holding up the flowers to him. Iscariot's hues shimmered before crouched low, getting a closer look at them. "Do you think mama will like them?" She asked with a cheerful tone. The older male just smiled, placing a hand on the little one's hooded head. "She'll love them. She loves almost anything you give her. But remember Mimi, Madeleine is your sister, not mama." He stated with a faint sigh. He couldn't blame her, Madeleine did act like their actual mother.

d6lFLsD.png
Mimi nodded her head, taking the information as she wobbled over to the others. Kieran and Iscariot right behind her. As Mimi made her way closer and closer to the carriage, a swarm of people appeared almost out of nowhere. Out of reflex, Kieran quickly picked up the little one as the people crowded around. Mimi held onto the flowers and Kieran before the panicked neighs of the horses. Tears formed in Mimi's eyes as she watched Iscariot and Miralee's unicorns lift themselves into the air. While Mimi was used to being around the steads, seeing their darkened forms stand on end wasn't something pleasant to see. It wouldn't be long until Judas' stead freaked out next.

Kieran backed away as best he could, but moving wasn't easy with the group surrounding them. "Iscariot, Miralee, Judas, calm your horses!" The commanding voice boomed. Mimi looked around, watching as her older siblings did as told. It took a little bit, but the horses were calmed. Judas, Miralee holding the reins of their steads and Iscariot keeping his horse from running off. Madeleine scrambled over, her horse right behind her. Crisis inverted. Mimi held out her hands to Madeleine as she drew closer. Madeleine carefully took the child from Kieran as he hid from Maddy. The elder demoness looked towards the crowd, watching as they went back to asking their questions once the danger was calmed. Mimi rested her head on Madeleine's shoulder, keeping the flowers close as she watched for her sister to finish.

56ilbhp.png
Madeleine sighed, her hand stroking the top of Mimi's head. That was close, too close. She couldn't blame the people, they were excited about something, she didn't think that something would be her family returning. Then again, they were gone for a number of centuries, most likely presumed dead. Madeleine answered as many answers as she could, asking the crowd to keep it down, fearing they might spook the horses again or upset Mimi. She explained as much of the situation as she could, or from what she was told by her parents. Victorio feared they were being watched and considered it best for the family to remain in the human realm to not draw more suspicion to them or accidentally reveal where Haven was. Their mother, Theresa, ensured the children's safety by teaching them how to hide in plain sight.

Madeleine continued by confirming the news that most likely spread through Haven like wildfire, the family was discovered and the parents were killed. Theresa, being the first and their father following behind. Iscariot balled his first, remembering their deaths clearly, especially Victorio's. Madeleine continued explaining, saying they survived from nature. The King-Draca family were hunters, so food and clothes weren't too much of an issue. She ensured the crowd they were fine and apologized for taking so long to return and worrying everyone. With gentle coursing, she coated Kieran and Mimi from hiding, showing them to the crowd. With Iscariot's help, she reintroduced Miralee and Judas. "Will you be letting the leaders know of your return?" Someone in the crowd asked, many of the people waiting for an answer. Madeleine sighed before speaking up, "Well, that is the plan. But I don't wish to intrude of the leaders if they have other things to worry about. I will let them no myself." She replied with her usual pleasant smile, 'That is if you all don't beat me to the punch.' She thought quietly.

As the introductions were happening, Iscariot and Madeleine turned their heads to the sky, seeing four pillars of smoke in the distance. there were slight rumbles from the explosions. What happened? Iscariot quickly turned his head to Madeleine, "We should hurry and get the kids to safety." He commented with a stern look. Madeleine nodded her head, turning to face Miralee and Judas as they carefully too Kieran and Mimi from Madeleine and put them back in the carriage. The elder demoness bowed her horned head to the confused and semi-panicked crowd, saying more questions will be answered in the future. In a swift motion, Madeleine jumped on her horse, followed by Iscariot and the others. Iscariot grabbed the reins and guided the carriage out, the crowd parting as Judas followed behind their leader, Madeleine, heading to their final stop, the King-Draca Manor.

• Love
Reactions: Stray Shinku

Setting/Time
Time
- Evening
Weather - Cloudy, Heavy Raining
Location - Sky Reach Sanctum ; Meeting Room
Tags - @Shinku⭐Kun @DANAsaur

Even after Avaddon had taken his leave, Nue remained within the meeting room while he awaited for the command of his leader; Victoria for what his next action should be. Whatever other conversation that occurred within the room at this point meant nothing to him since the argument he just had with Avaddon was still fresh within his head. Once his command was given on killing every last human in the territory of the Serpent's Kiss as well as gathering the corpses for her snakes to feed upon and finally capturing the perpetrator of this whole mess to bring to her alive, the dark haired male only gave a bow and nod of his head in response. "Straight away madam Victoria..."

Just as he had spoken in response to his leader, yet another male voice speaking up seeming to be directed towards Nue from the name 'Evren' being spoken had his gaze shift over to find that it was Azrael who spoke. Listening as to how the Ravinca leader spoke of how Evren would be disappointed in him if he were to follow the orders of Victoria, the second in command only watched as Azrael left with his own second without so much as a word to exchange from what was said.
Truthfully, Nue wasn't fully sure whether or not Evren would've been disappointed in such an action that was ordered of him or not however, she was gone; and she wasn't coming back, was he not to follow the orders of the leader he now had to follow just because of what the dead might think of him.

Shaking his head to brush away thoughts that might distract him from his current objectives, Nue immediately headed for the large hole in the wall that was created by Avaddon earlier. With a heavied sigh, he jumped out of the building before allowing himself to burst into a ball of flames to reveal his demonic form in an instant. Soaring through the skies just above the rooftops of each of the buildings so that his gaze could catch any and all humans still outside around this time, he kept his rifle holstered on his back until he actually needed it.
Moments passed as he neared the pillar of smoke and flames in the Serpent's Kiss territory, noticing the sight of what appeared to had been four strangers walking away from the smoke and flames, he eyed the four only to notice that they were all humans.
Descending onto a rooftop several hundred meters away from the four, the second in command drew his rifle before reverting back into his more humanoid form. This time however, his mask covered his entire face as holographic projected circles that had numbers and symbols appeared where the eye socket of the mask would be as they lined up with the scope of the rifle.

With four instantaneous pulls of the trigger, the four humans dropped dead one by one.

From there, he got into contact with other members of the Serpent's Kiss clan to instruct them to go around collecting the bodies of dead humans they found for Victoria's snakes to collect. All the while, Nue continued to pick off humans one after another, the only one that just so happened to still remain alive just so happened to had been the leader of the Ash Wolves known as Anthony Wilkerson. Although he was critically injured, Nue had believed he had killed the man even though he was clearly wrong.

__

Meanwhile, after Avaddon had left Sky Reach Sanctum to head to his own territory to make sure everything was alright there. During his traverse towards his territory, he had made sure to get into contact with the other clan members from the Black Rose to inform everyone to make sure that humans and demons that were outside during this time were to either stay in their homes or stay indoors wherever they were. All the while to also scout all around the territory for any threats and all threats were to be neutralized; if possible, to keep them alive for questioning later.

All the while, Avaddon headed straight for the spot where the explosion in his territory came from.
Once arriving to his destination, the sight of how the statue of the founder for his clan was now set ablaze in such a way brought pain deep down inside of him yet he shook his head to not let himself be distracted and forget what he came here to do. With the rain pouring down heavier than earlier, it was a much needed resource to help rid the flames as with a single rise of his right hand, the rainwater that fell upon the burning statue began to freeze over little by little.

Due to the massive flames, it took quite some time but eventually the statue began to be coated into a thick layer of ice from top to bottom till smoke was all that remained filling the skies above the charcoaled frozen statue. Leaving the statue in the state it was in rather than to let the ice melt instantly, with it's fragile state; if the ice were to melt, there was a good chance the statue could possible crumble in an instant once it was exposed to the air.

f00404bdc6b57f39983e3241c0d6b7d5.jpg
Varis Blackthorn
Varis was lost in thought, looking at the clouded landscape below, with one particular question recurring his thoughts: "How much has it truly changed...?" While, yes, he had not travelled all the way to Haven with no information at all, his sources couldn't just give him all the exact details. He had to see for himself, that way, his alter ego facade would remain safe. "It's time, Boss". A voice informed the lone passenger of the small plane flying far above the city of Haven. His level of concentration, had him startled by the pilot's message, but he didn't slack, and immediately got moving. First, he pressed a button on his earpiece and briefly answered. "Roger, open the hatch." As he made his way to the exit, the pilot didn't answer further, and simply followed the order. Strong winds entered through the opening, which Varis neutralized with his own power over them, as he walked to the edge of the exit. Without looking down, he took a deep breath, and leaped off the plane.
Right as he jumped off, he positioned himself in a diving position, head first. In addition to his positioned, he boosted his falling speed with blasts of wind coming off of him. On his way down, a big smile grew on his face. There were multiple reasons for it. First, he loved the feeling that being in the air gave him, even if he didn't quite enjoy the water splashing him all over. Then, there was coming home. He hadn't been there for a long time, but Haven was still Haven, and it had a place in his heart. And lastly, yet most importantly, Azrael. He might have been able to see him just for a couple of decades a long time ago, but it was still his blood. "I hope he's doing well..." Upon thinking that, he sighed, exasperated with himself "Of course he's doing well, dumbass. He's a clan leader and all..." But then again, he couldn't quite blame himself for wanting to know more about his nephew. He asked about him as much as he did about all other matters regarding Haven, he didn't want his sources to make connections about him, even if he trusted most of them.
Distracted by his thoughts once again, his trip down felt rather brief. Now, a couple of hundred or so meters from the ground, he channelled the air around him to slow himself down. Gracefully landing on his feet, on top of the highest building near the center of the Ravinca territory.
Great! He was in Haven. Part one is a success. With that in mind he pulled out a small tablet from one of the inner pockets of his jacket, in which he browsed around for a while, wanting to confirm the recent intel he got. Nodding, he put the tablet back in its place. Sometime soon, there was going to be an attack to the city. What or how exactly it was going to happen was unknown to Varis. All he had were some faces that seemed to belong to a rumoured band of demon hunters known as the "Ash Wolves". Before going to his nephew, he decided to bring him a present. With his mind made up, Varis started jumping from building to building, keeping an eye on the people below, focusing on what he thought could be possible targets.
In a stroke of luck, Varis managed to notice something near the founder's statue. A group, where all of them was did something to the statue, then walked away, pretending to act natural. It might have been just a random act of vandalism, however, when the group walked away from the area, he caught a glimpse of a face he recognized. It was one of the faces he checked. Not wanting to lose the chance of gaining information, he followed them, and waited for them to get to a less crowded area in order to approach them.
At some point while following them, a loud bang, as well as more distant ones, reached his ears. "Explosives!? Shit!" Varis clenched his teeth, angered. These bastards just killed innocent people, not even bothering to take into account their own kin while at it. He was now even more determined to catch them, this was probably just the beginning.
After some minutes, they finally were on a private enough street. It was just Varis and the killers. Varis' eyes narrowed, trying to see if they had some weaponry on them. The answer was a negative one, they seemed to opt for stealth. Not that it mattered to him at this point, Varis had his mind made up already, no words needed.
Varis sprinted to the corner of the building he was standing on, and hopped down to the street below, using the momentum from the fall, he stomped the first human down, crushing his ribs with his feet, killing him instantly. Upon hearing the horrid sound of bones being broken right behind them, the three remaining humans turned around, drawing hidden weapons from beneath their clothes. However, it was too late for two of them, as their necks were pierced by a spike protruding from each of Varis' hands. These two dropped to the floor when the spikes retracted, like a couple of stringless puppets, reaching for their necks in a panicked, yet futile attempt to not choke to death on their own blood. The last one hesitated for a moment, shocked by the sudden turn of events, but he was a demon hunter, he knew that these situations could happen. But that should not stop him, if these pests are to be exterminated, some human lives are a small price to pay. Determined to come out on top, he charged at Varis with his knife, thrusting it at his gut. Varis saw the incoming attack, and used his superior speed to counter it, pushing the hand holding the knife away from him with the palm of his hand, while using his free hand to punch the human in the face lightly, in order not to kill him. The human staggered back, but he was not giving up yet, he regained balance and slashed horizontally, this time, going for the neck. Varis ducked under the slash and jabbed at the human's solar plexus, effectively knocking the wind out of him. The human fell to his knees, dropping the knife and bending over. Varis needed this one for interrogation, so instead of finishing him off, he kicked the side of the human's head lightly, rendering him unconscious. Varis then used interconnected spikes as restraints, forcing the human's feet together, as well as his arms behind his back. With the human tied, Varis hoisted him up to his shoulder, and with a big jump, he returned to the top of the building, where he made his way back to the source of the explosion.
Once in a rooftop adjacent to the fire the explosion caused, Varis put the unconscious terrorist down before heading down. It was just as expected, several people on the ground, either injured, or dead. In the middle of it, a fiery blaze was consuming what remained of the statue and its immediate surroundings. Varis ran into the fray, picking up the injured and putting them on a safer spot, away from the fire. Saying out loud while he was at it "Is there a medic here? Please help them!" Once he got all the injured clear of danger, he also moved the corpses away from the fire, ignoring the burns he was getting all along, his own would heal soon after all. Theirs? Not so much. When he made sure there were no more people near the fire, Varis lifted one of his hands and took a deep breath. The air started to gradually spread away from the fire, and in a matter of moments, the inferno started to die down. Varis continued to suffocate the flames until they were no more, leaving only a thick cloud of smoke and the charred remains of a statue behind. Varis sighed, and allowed air to slowly return to where the fire was, in order to avoid a loud implosion.

Mentions: None​

Last edited:
  • Nice Execution!
Reactions: Stray Shinku