demons and angels and humans and mid creatures

Rosalind walked into the restaurant and cheesy fiesta music immediately rung in her ears. She followed Freya along to a booth. Freya wouldn't stop ranting about this and that. When they got back to the dorm Rosalind was glad the afternoon was over. She questioned how her ears weren't sore from all of Freya's prattle. Rosalind sat down on her bed and tried to ease the tension. "So, I think I might have seen Nate around before..."

"Oh really? Where!?" Freya jumped onto Rosalind's bed, excited that her roommate was finally showing interest in something. "Did you visit the school before? He's been going to Lexford for three years..." she sighed dramatically, "or maybe in your dreams, Rosie? Wasn't he just a hottie!?" she giggled at her own comment.

"Honestly. I'm not quite sure." Rosalind bit her lip in frustration. "I can't think of a particular time that I would have visited here." It was hopeless for her to even try to think of a time so long ago when she couldn't even remember what the past week had been like.
As the last of Freya's words sunk in, Rosalind eyed her and gave a little nervous laugh. "Uh, yeah. I guess he is a bit...taking." Rosalind said slightly nodding to confirm herself. Especially in the eyes. The sensation that these thoughts about Nate left was quite intense; given the small amount of time that Rosalind had known him. All Rosalind knew was that she wanted to get a glimpse of him once more. "Do you think he will visit again? I mean, Nate seemed to be a little tense when he left."

Freya wasn't really paying attention, she had zoned out at the words 'I can't think...'
She sighed.
"He really was attractive," she smiled, unconsciously biting her nails.

Nate awoke in a cold sweat. Even though the event took place over two months ago, his nightmare retold each moment in horrifying detail. A dreams like this would have been normal for someone in his situation, except for the fact that he had never had them before... until tonight. He sat up in his bed, staring at the wall across the room.
What... the hell was that?
Thoughts rushed through his head, too fast for him to make any sense of them. He finally got up and went to the bathroom, figuring he would have to get ready for class soon.

Rosalind brushed off Freya's lack of attention. She figured she was just boring her with details. She seemed to be absorded with other thoughts by the looks of it. Rosalind went over to her things and sorted out a book. She didn't recognize the title but took it back to her bed. There wasn't really much else for her to do in the dorm so she made herself comfortable and began reading the introduction.

Freya realized that Rosalind had finished talking and awkwardly got up.
"Oh, well. I'm going to get ready for... bed. Um, have a good read!" she hopped in place then went to the bathroom. That's when the humming started.
It was the same chorus to the same song over and over again. She would have stopped if she could remember the rest of the song, but since she couldn't, she just repeated the part she knew. She hummed it while she took her shower, while she brushed her teeth, while she dried her hair, and while she changed into her pajamas. Once she got in bed she took out her Iphone, then played the song several times. Oh! That's the part I was missing, she thought to herself while humming along to the chorus... again. Then she turned out her light.
"Goodnight, Rosie!" she whispered over to the bed across the room before falling asleep.

Nate got to his class within seconds of it starting. He sat in the front so he'd have a good view of the board. There were 18 people in his class, some of them were asleep, but most of them seemed to have all of the energy in the world. Mr. Mathews, the English teacher for both the day class and the night class, walked in, setting his brief case on the desk.
"Alright, nightowls. You'd better stay awake for my class or i'll put you back in day care- i mean day classes," he joked. After that, Nate spaced out.
Rosalind. Where have I seen her before? And why the sudden dream? ...I need to see her again. He rested his head on his hands.
"Foster? Don't tell me you're falling asleep. Come on, you're my last strand of hope for your generation," Mr. Mathews stated with a grin. Nate glanced up,
"Of course I'm not. Who would ever think of falling asleep in your, glorious presence, Mr. Mathews," he replied, leaning back in his chair.
"Oh good, I'd like to see your notes at the end of class," the teacher smirked, turning back to the board.
Nate looked down at his notes.
Well, shit. He sighed to himself seeing his empty notebook.

Rosalind was put at ease when her roommate finally fell asleep. The tune still rung in her ears, the same set of notes repeated again and again. She marked her page and set the book down with the rest of her things. Quickly, she took a shower and slipped on some pajamas. She flipped the light switch off and curled up in her bed. Nate entered her mind scratching at her curiosity again. There were so many questions lingering in her head with nothing really adding up. Rosalind closed her eyes and let her racing thoughts slow and drift into a dream.

Nate half stumbled, half trudged out of his last class. His hair was messy from the many times his hands ran through it's dark shades of brown and there were purplish bags under his eyes from the lack of sleep.
First day of night school? His conclusion: should have been more prepared.
His classmates didn't look any better. In fact, most of them looked worse, with their dried drool and red eyes. Nate was just happy he got in a nap before hand.
He checked his watch. 6:38, Yay. He snorted sarcastically. His brain was a jumble of information he had gotten from his classes, but one thought remained steady in his mind.
Rosalind.

"Rosalind!" Freya tackled her roommate's bed. "First day of school! Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!" she proceeded to jump around the sleeping Rosalind.
"I'm so excited! We'll get to meet all of our classmates and teachers and make friends!" she giggled gleefully, not wondering if her victim was even awake or not.

Rosalind grumbled as Freya shouted and attacked her bed. "I'm up!" Rosalind said groggily. Once again her roommate was rambling with seeming all the energy she could conjure. Rosalind sat at the end of her bed and rubbed the sleep from her eyes. "I'm going to get ready in the bathroom if you don't mind." Rosalind gathered some things and headed into the washroom. She set her things on the ground and stared at her image in the mirror. "I guess the weird flashes aren't going to stop." Rosalind muttered to herself. "They're only getting weirder..."
She tried to run through the dream again as she brushed through her dark brown waves. Rosalind went through all other daily routines such as brushing her teeth but could only gather bits of the dream as she did so. Rosalind remembered somehow Nate was weaved into it. It was like she was with him...no, she was watching him. She stepped back into the room trying to wipe the confused look off her face.

Freya was standing at the door, waiting for her.
"I got your books together, they're on your bed," she swung her messenger bag over her shoulder and started out into the corridor.
The hallway was lined with floor to ceiling windows, one of the many perks of going to Lexford. The sun had risen to the perfect level, casting a sepia tone against the pure white walls and doors of the dorm rooms. Several other people were in the hallway as well, many of them talking with friends as they walked to their first class.
"Are you coming, Rosie?" Freya leaned back into the room.

Rosalind murmured a thanks and scooped up her books and stuffed them into her backpack. She took out her schedule and crammed it into her pocket before she strapped on her pack. Rosalind rushed to Freya's side not wanting to be late. Mentally Rosalind made a checklist and made sure everything she needed was gathered. "I think I'm prepared.."

Freya walked with her down the hall, chatting non-stop.
"I mean, the teacher is sort of nice, but I never liked him. He kind of has a twisted sense of humor and- Nate!" her voice suddenly cut off as Nate trudged up the stairs passed them, looking more or less like a zombie. Freya stopped, turning to follow him with her gaze. He seemed to be oblivious to the fact they were standing there.
"Nate?" she reached out to tap him on the shoulder, "'You ok? You look like Frankenstein." When her hand made contact he jumped back about four feet, startled. He froze looking to Freya, then Rosalind.
"Oh.... hiiii-" he gave her a smile before falling over, fainting from mental exhaustion. In fact, the only sleep he had received in the past four days, was the hour nap he had the day before.