Demonic Antarctic Expedition (Name Pending)

Jack Robinson

Professional Gunslinger
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
Online Availability
3:25-10:00
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Fantasy, Post Apocalyptic, Horror, Epic, Realistic
Expedition Antarctica

It's been years since the Infernal War, an otherworldly invasion by the forces of hell. Still, the human realm is reeling from the war that killed almost half of the world's population. All the world's governments have collapsed, there is no stability, and the survivors are at each other's throats.

But there is one thing they can all agree on. And that is that they need revenge. Most of the demon lords were killed during the war. However, a few managed to survive, fleeing to the far corners of the earth, being unable to return to hell. The few fledgling nations which have emerged from the ashes of the old world have declared that all surviving demons are war criminals, and should be hunted down for justice's sake.

The greatest of the surviving demons is the sinister Tubal-Cain, a horrific abomination who participated in the Burmese Holocaust, the Nigerian Genocide, and the Drowning of Florida. Everywhere atrocities were committed, Tubal-Cain was present. Despite humanity's best efforts, he was never caught. He is a nine foot tall, grey skinned demon with two curled black horns, yellow eyes, and black teeth. He is one of the sons of Cain, the First Murderer and the first human to become a demon lord. Cain, of course, was killed during the Infernal War.

It's been ten years since the Infernal War, and mankind's animosity toward demons has not been quelled. Tubal-Cain has been tracked down to Antarctica, where he is hiding out in the icy wastelands of this barely inhabitable region. The problem is, hundreds of demonic survivors of the Infernal War are also hiding out in Antarctica, deeming it the only place on earth they can live in peace from humans.

The German Confederation, by far the most powerful of the new world nations, has put a massive price on Tubal-Cain's head. They have commissioned a Nigerian mercenary named Nero to lead a small army into Antarctica to put an end to any of Tubal-Cain's potential plots.

You are members of Nero's expedition. You come from all over the world, all walks of life. You all share common interests: hate for demons, bravery, lust for money or glory, boredom, or even suicidal tendencies. For hunting a demon lord is not a simple matter. It requires ingenuity and cunning, and a healthy amount of luck. It's very unlikely that anyone will make it out of the expedition alive. Because Tubal-Cain knows the wasteland well. And he will harass you every step of the way.

______________________________________________________________________________________

So basically this RP will be about a group of explorers, soldiers, and mercenaries setting out into Antarctica to hunt down a demon. I imagine there will be all sorts of fights between the native demons and the adventurers. There will be lots of death, lots of close calls, lots of conspiracies. Anything can happen in Antarctica, so if you guys have anything you wanna add to the plot, feel free to do it. Anything can happen in the icy wastes. Let me know if anyone's interested. Looking for around 5-7 others to join.

• Love
Reactions: Doctor Jax
Oooooohhhh... wows.

Hey~hey~~^^!!

Soooooo like are we able to RP as people with supernatural type powers or are we just gunna be regular people?

Oooooohhhh... wows.

Hey~hey~~^^!!

Soooooo like are we able to RP as people with supernatural type powers or are we just gunna be regular people?

Your character would have to be relatively young in order to have powers, as in this world the only way you can have abilities like the ones I'm assuming you want would be if one of your parents is a demon. So at the max, your character would be around eighteen.

Your character would have to be relatively young in order to have powers, as in this world the only way you can have abilities like the ones I'm assuming you want would be if one of your parents is a demon. So at the max, your character would be around eighteen.
Hmmmm... actually I'm thinking more along the lines of a demonologist or rune caster or symbologist. Like someone who can cast auguries or wards. Someone with supernatural powers to protect others against them or communicate with demons. But like not a Christian priest. Like that kinda supernatural type. ^^

Anyone interested? Or anything I could do to better interest people?

Seems like an interesting enough story, however I am curious about the back story of the war. How did it start in the first place?

Count me in!

I have two questions. How does one kill a demon in this world? For example, TMI have angelic weapons or weapons that are bathed in holy water. Is it the same here?

Also, how old would you like the characters be in this RP? Along the middle-aged or young adults? Or is it not set?

• Love
Reactions: Jack Robinson
Count me in!

I have two questions. How does one kill a demon in this world? For example, TMI have angelic weapons or weapons that are bathed in holy water. Is it the same here?

Also, how old would you like the characters be in this RP? Along the middle-aged or young adults? Or is it not set?
Demons may be killed by blows directly to the heart or brain. Destruction of their entire physical frame (Fires, explosions, etc) also may kill them. Demons have their own special weapons crafted in the fires of hell. If you get your hand on one, you can kill demons with those as well. Demon lords, such as Tubal-Cain, can only be killed with the weapon of a demon lord.

As for age, characters must be at least seventeen and can be any age between that and let's say seventy :)

Reactions: Makomin
Seems like an interesting enough story, however I am curious about the back story of the war. How did it start in the first place?
The war started as a result of efforts by the Vatican to travel between dimensions to hell and open a sort of window to hell to show the world exactly what awaited them for all their sins. Unfortunately, this worked too well, and demons emerged, plunging the world into chaos.

The war started as a result of efforts by the Vatican to travel between dimensions to hell and open a sort of window to hell to show the world exactly what awaited them for all their sins. Unfortunately, this worked too well, and demons emerged, plunging the world into chaos.

Ingenious...I'm in. Do you have a specific character sheet set up yet?

• Love
Ingenious...I'm in. Do you have a specific character sheet set up yet?
After a couple more people show interest, I'll set up an official sign-up sheet. It won't be too much of a hassle to fill out. I prefer to leave people enough room to fully develop their characters, not really box them in, you know?

Will there be Doom like vibes from this? If so, I'm game

Will there be Doom like vibes from this? If so, I'm game
Dude this is actually very much inspired by Doom lol. Hope you join us.

Dude this is actually very much inspired by Doom lol. Hope you join us.
Just remember kids... Doomguy doesnt have ptsd because he IS the traumatic event.

Im 110% in

• Love
Sorry but too busy so Imma have to pass. But good luck with RP tho :]

I could dig this, thinking of making a southerner with a fetish for fucking shit up. What was the scale of that Drowning of Florida? Possibly large enough to have drowned a few others states?

• Love
I could dig this, thinking of making a southerner with a fetish for fucking shit up. What was the scale of that Drowning of Florida? Possibly large enough to have drowned a few others states?
Well all of Florida was drowned. A lot of Louisiana. Half of Alabama. Parts of Texas. Any state on the Gulf Coast that you can think of suffered from it. Glad you’re interested. I’ll tag you in the character sign up sheet here in a bit.

Hm, this is quite interesting.

Let's say I do make the taboo child between human and a humanoid enough demon, what kind of repercussions would it have? Appearance changes? Personality? What kind of powers would s/he acquire? I would imagine that this kind of person going for the exploration team would be heavily distrusted and whatever, which would be fun to play actually.

Hm, this is quite interesting.

Let's say I do make the taboo child between human and a humanoid enough demon, what kind of repercussions would it have? Appearance changes? Personality? What kind of powers would s/he acquire? I would imagine that this kind of person going for the exploration team would be heavily distrusted and whatever, which would be fun to play actually.
First of all, you would have yellow eyes and usually black hair. As for personality, you would perhaps be more irritable, more prone to deception, a pathological liar. You would be heavily distrusted, but also lusted after due to your powers. You'd be a valuable asset, but everyone would mistrust you due to you being half demon, and there would be a lot of resentment depending on who your father was, whether he was a well known demon or whatever. As for powers, it'd be something like above average strength, extreme agility, and advanced speed, as well as one other power such as telekinesis, pyrokinesis, or whatever. You can PM me and we can hash the details out. Here's the link to the character index and the IC which just started tonight.

Character Index: OPEN SIGNUPS - CHARACTER INDEX - Expedition Antarctica Character Signups and OOC

IC: OPEN SIGNUPS - Expedition Antarctica

• Love
Reactions: Doctor Jax