Demon Slayer: Age of Corruption

Ota Amiuchi - Location: A Taxi to somewhere in Akihabara - Tokyo, Japan - Oct 1 - Night
Interactions: @Mr.Scales ⚖ - @EmperorsChosen @Jessica2477 @MiniTyphoonMaker

"Shut the fuck up Yami! ONE JOB ONE JOB! IS ALL YOU HAD!" Ota says while shaking his hand, throwing his bloody halberd in the back Ota proceeds to show more of his Yakuza roots as he flashes his handgun, throwing bits of Cash at the driver as if to say 'Go faster!' all the while ducking his head down to fit in the back of the car. "If fat ass Americans can fit in here then so can I yah smartass!" He says once more to Yami as the driver seems scared shitless doing as he was told.

"Calm down I ain't gonna kill yah! I swear on the Buddha." He says making prayer signs as he pulls out his phone, looking at the trackers that showed where others would be he yells. "STOP!"

They were close enough seemed to be some sort of shop or club or something another he wasn't sure, no it seemed the fight was spilling over into the street, seeing the fat man going about his stomping just in time to watch him and the other vanish, Ota curses motioning for Yami to follow him as he got out with his naginata. "Stay there Cabbie." No sooner than the pair got out the Taxi floored it. "Tch."

"We need to find out how the other teams did, head back to base.."
Looking at the now group of three others they couldn't spend much more time here, though he was curious how many groups met or exceeded the quote, he sure as shit had exceeded.

Reactions: Mini and Thaleko
Kaida Kageryu

Tokyo, Japan; Tokyo Station, Marunouchi area
Date:
Saturday, October 1, 2016
Time of day:
Night
Mentions:
@Demon Shinobi

Kaida shook her head. He wasn't getting it, and yes, she was one of those types. "If that's how how the mind of 'some' think, then they're fools. The 'mission' wasn't killing a few demons tonight. The mission is killing all demons. Letting an ally fall now just to get maybe one or two more demons, maaaaaybe. Is stupid if it loses you the war in the long run." She snapped her fingers, "Consider your rescue insurance for future fights."

At his words she held up her arms to look at them. Sure enough she was soaked in blood. She had to be. After all she had went pretty crazy on that last demon, practically bathing in his blood as she cut him to pieces. The blood that was staining her quickly faded. "Still feel like I need a shower," she stated.

The dark-gray-haired girl smirked when he said he figured she'd stick to the shadows, giving him an affirming nod to that; ninjas were known to use the shadows. "Muse?" she questioned. "Me? Heh. Now that's real flowery." She cocked her head, while putting some of her ninja tools back in her bag. "We make a good team, do we? Says who?" she questioned. Then the male complimented her, bringing another pink tinge to her cheeks.

"Well, we kunoichi know how to make use of every tool in our arsenal, for good reason. We learn that in our earliest lessons." She posed with her hands on her hips, the blush still on her cheeks. "Including our looks. If one thinks we're 'cute', then they underestimate us, giving us opportunity to strike!" She said, while demonstrating by dashing at him, a kunai held in her hand, pointed right at Azen's forehead. Of course she stopped before it stabbed him. Kaida had a smarmy grin on her face, before she put the kunai away. "But... right, k...: she murmured.

After finding and picking up every ninja tool that was still usable and putting it back in her pack, she looked at him and asked. "So now what?"

Last edited:
Reactions: Mini
Amaya Location:Akihabara - Tokyo, Japan Date:Saturday, October 1, 2016 Time of day:Night ~~

Amaya growled as Fat Yasu disappeared, along with the stupid little piggy that somehow got around her. "FUCKING DEMON'S ASS! I'M GOING TO KILL SOMEONE!" She kicked a trashcan across the street right at the stone that old demon had kicked up, cursing his name. She realized what she said, and paused, glancing at the new team that had joined them.

"Er...not an actual human, it's just...oh fuck it. I'm done with this shit. I'm going back to base." She shoved her uchigantana into it's sheath and stalked away. The young demon glanced back and glared over her shoulder at the male demon and the giant that had joined them. "You fuckers let a piggy go." She snarled, pissed at them, but mostly herself for letting the demons go. She turned on her heel and walked quickly towards the others, grabbing Yami by his collar.

"What the actual fuck happened? The piggy came from your direction." She growled in his face, her eyes dark with anger and another emotion that she didn't quite know herself. Maybe the others knew, but Amaya didn't. She twitched, realizing what she was doing. "Fuck." She hissed, and let go of Yami, crouching and gripping her horns.

"Sorry." The female demon muttered, glancing up at Yami and the others. She let go of her horns and stood up, her head lowered. "This team shit is making me go soft, and I fucking hate losing my prey. Meet you back at base..." She trailed off, and turned back around, trudging off back to base.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thaleko
Aki Kiyoko

Date: Saturday, October 1, 2016

Time of day: Night
~~

Instead of finishing the fight, a new demon appeared, warning the larger one away. Aki was hoping to show off one of her stronger moves, but as the newcomer appeared the greater demon broke the ground, uprooting the street to keep them away. The girl's face almost comically turned from serious to panicked as she turned and dashed to avoid the destruction, the tsunami of debris kicking her off her feet and sending her momentarily into the air.

With a startled yelp, Aki's flew a short distance through the air and grasped at nothing, or so she expected. Her inertia was halted by a wall of some kind, a very chiseled wall. Looking up, the wall was Ota and Aki's face altered from panic to happy like a golden retriever meeting a new person.

"Oh! Shark man! When did you get here?" The girl was draped around his neck and chest, similar to before when she tried to climb him. She then glanced down behind him to see Yami. Her face beamed with interest and excitement as if she wanted to pester the poor boy as well, however she became distracted as one of her team yelled out in frustration.

Aki watched Amaya with concern as the demon growled and grabbed the other before seemingly becoming conflicted and sulking off. She wasn't sure what had happened, but the demoness was foolish if she thought Aki was the type not to prod or to leave anyone alone when they wanted. Even if she ignored the slayer the entire way back, she would still have to deal with being followed and poked.

"Thanks for catching me Shark Man!" Aki stated, hoisting herself up the man and vaulting over his shoulder to pursue the other girl. It was possibly worth questioning why the slayer didn't just drop down and go around the man, but there likely wasn't a good reason anyway. "Amayaaaaa! Waiiiit!"

RgDpIoT.jpg
Hana Suka

Time of day: Morning
-> Night ~~

She was fast way faster than Hana could have imagined. She tried her best to warn Alistar. "The Granny is already on her wa-" She heard an impact coming from the other side. "Shit" She was going to get an earful about this for certain. She had no time. Taking a deep breath she prepped for TCB. It hurt to keep it up, but if she didn't hurry she worried about what would happen to her partner. It would take her probably twice as long as her quarry, but she needed to try.

As she dashed forward she hoped that she was there in time, only finding her partner, alive, and the demon missing. "It seems we failed our quota for the day. Though in all honesty, I'm not so certain we could have killed her unscathed." Hana took a moment to breath, having ran almost half a lap with TCB up. It seemed that she had made progress in the day.

At least it wasn't all a failure.

Yami 'The Silent Serpent' Watanabe

Yami grumbled under his breath irritated at his partner, he wondered why he couldn't have just been paired off with one of the nicer demon slayers like that quiet girl or the cocky guy, but it could have been worse he thought thinking about being paired with the demon hater. "Yeah, but most fatass American's don't have a human-sized Naginata." He spoke moving his body as to not getting stabbed himself. The car suddenly came to a stop when Ota suddenly commanded the vehicle to stop. "Could've given a warning!" Yami slid out the passenger window following his partner outside. "Were already here eh? Did the great Budda tell you where to go?" Yami snickered and mocked the giant.

"What do you expect a coward to do when you aim a gun at em?" He watched as the cab sped away from the pair though Yami didn't care since he walked everywhere anyway. "Well lead the way, big guy."

Ota Amiuchi - Location: Somewhere in Akihabara - Tokyo, Japan - Oct 1 - Night
Interactions: Various​

Watching this dysfunctional train wreck, first was Yami getting snatched up by the other demon who was hardly pleased with the situation and them seemingly letting their quarry escape. Taking one good look around the trio were lucky they all weren't pushing up daisies now. Next up was the squirrel girl as he came to refer to her as, throwing herself on him just to get around him to head elsewhere.. That one he wondered how she even survived this long.. "I wasn't try'n ta catch yah!"

Then there was Yami and his shit talking. "Yeah yeah kid, be sure to remember that when its your turn to go down the Sanzu. "Tch I didn't aim the gun at em, might have been those eyes of yours that scared him off, yah were in the front with him."

Either way everything seemed to be over for now and most of the groups didn't seem to meet the quota, this was so not worth it, better than prison sure, but only just. Turning his attention back to Yami, the large man shrugs pointing vaguely. "Just back to the base, we are done here, like I said I'm curious about the other teams and unlike the rest of you shits I'm sure I'll have to explain all this to that aloof fucker and the she banshee."

It had been a long night and it would likely be a long morning.

Emika "Cupie" Sakurako

Mentions:
Interacting:

Emika wanted to move, to do something and try to take down the fat fuck from trying to run away from them, but with the civilian becoming conscious and the entire street being uprooted, they had no other choice but to let the bastard escape.

She growled lowly. She was disappointed they didn't get the satisfaction of cutting that fat lard's head off, but at the least she destroyed whatever delusion he might have had of her. He was going to remember the string of insults his favorite idol threw at him, she was sure of it.

She looked down at the person she had healed and sheathed her weapons away. After telling him to get going to the nearest hospital, the bystander left quickly to do as she told him.

At least her teammates, the behemoth, and the small demon boy were all safe...

Mostly.

But fuck, she didn't meet her quota. Would they give her shit about that? Or would they let her off the hook because she actually saved a life tonight?

Well whatever. She's been yelled at by stylists scarier than the two from earlier...

She rushed to catch up to the group, looking between Yami and Ota. "Don't you two look like the best of friends." She commented sarcastically, noting their interactions the second they stepped out of that car.

Last edited:
Allister "Marmot" Marmon

Date:October 1, 2016

Interactions: @Reanimator Spuds

Damn it. That was a close call. If the demon hadn't let slip that he had a sister, Allister would probably be in serious trouble right now. He sheathed his blades, rubbing his forearms. That blow could've broken bones if he'd been less careful. And what had the demon been trying to say as he died? Something about a "Yasu", and some other demon who's name started with an "H", maybe? At least he hadn't left him with any message for other demons. That was a relief. It would've sucked to need to ID a target before killing them.

As he considered his new intel, Hana came running up the street. He gave her a wave as she approached. She seemed to think that they'd failed their quota for the day, but the night was still young, wasn't it? "The night's barely started. We should have time to track down one or two more demons. The brother is most definitely dead. I got him with wisteria poison, and he was on the verge of passing before the sister showed up." He glanced at the watch. They'd need to be lucky to finish their quota on time to get a decent rest, but they definitely still had a chance. "Might go faster if we stick closer together this time. One of us baits them, the other kills them from behind, perhaps?"

Azen Javier Kamado
Tokyo Station, Marunouchi Area - Tokyo, Japan
Date:
Time of day:
Night

~~ @Thaleko

"And here I was considering my rescue was coming from a caring comrade," he said with a small laugh as he continued walking. He did get what she was saying though, even if the reasoning felt just as harsh. "You do at least look at the bigger picture. Hopefully, I'll show that the decision to help me wasn't a bad one." In all fairness, Azen wasn't sure she actually cared about that? He wasn't sure she was as cold as she let on about "the mission" either.

Of course, she was right about needing a shower. Maybe... No... too far. For now anyway. Still, there was at least the topic of flowery language once again. Azen chuckled at it and shrugged. "Like I said. The right motivation makes flowery talk easy. The issue is, most guys can't really follow through or back up that talk." Implying he could. And maybe that was the case, but it wasn't like he was really up to showing that off at the moment.

Still, soon the kunoichi began to explain the role of ninja like herself. She certainly did have the looks to play off the weak, fragile, damsel. Anyone else may have even fallen back, or found themselves shocked by the display of power she showcased in dashing at him. Azen, however, remained still, unblinking. "As for who says we make a good team, that'd be me miss kunoichi," he responded, giving her a cocky little grin. "Care to disprove that?" he asked daringly. That might have actually scared him if he hadn't actually watched her in action mere moments ago. He knew what she was capable of. The notion of underestimating her wasn't something that had or would cross his mind any time soon.

"Now, I suppose we head back to base. It might take us a bit, after all. Besides, by the sounds of it, a bunch of the others still have a quota to meet." he grinned at this. Likely, they weren't the first to meet the required kills, but it felt good to be ahead of the curve as a pair.

@Jessica2477 @RedArmyShogun @EmperorsChosen @Mr.Scales ⚖ @kookyboy9 @MiniTyphoonMaker @Reanimator Spuds

The end of the first night came and went with the passage of time, and the passing of the demon's who had been cut down. Soon the group found themselves back in a room at headquarters, Shinichi standing before them. Taking a long drag from his cigarette, the man's eyes looked over the group. They were lined up now at least. Still, he sighed as he breathed out the smoke, letting it waft out the open window beside him. The sun had yet to rise, but it seemed the even those who hadn't necessarily met their quota had returned. Allister and Hana had been the last to arrive, takign a bit of time to make sure they found and hunted down enough demons to pass for the day.

It'd been quiet for a long while now. Shinichi seemed to be thinking after everyone had given breakdowns of their nights and what had happened, one member from each group (Hana, Cupie, Ota, and Azen) explaining what'd happened.

"The demon who goes by Lord Yasu. A dying demon warning of Yasu and another demon who's name starts with an 'H', a group of drugged up pseudo-demons, and a small gang of Demons." Shinichi hummed, contemplating all the information and what it meant, or could mean. In one way or another, much of this was connected. Perhaps it all was. It wasn't a reach to say that there had been a jump in organized crime and demon related incidents. Recently anyway.

From a certain point of view, it looked like things were going to begin getting interesting. A certain point of view. "This seems like it's going to become a headache," he said as he took another drag from his cigarette. "Right now, the best thing any of you can do is to go and get some rest. Starting tomorrow, you're gonna be tasked with beginning to look into the things we found out today. I'd recommend exchanging contact information if you have it, keeping in touch, whatever. But, most importantly, make sure you report everything you find."

Shinichi honestly had hopes that this would be a simple one and done night, they'd be given more training and have grown more before beginning a slightly more important operation. This was especially true since it seemed like this was one that could grow into a larger scale event at a moments notice. A drug ring, a powerful demon that managed to withstand the cutting power of the Breath of Thunder's first form. Withstanding the Thunder Clap and Flash was no small feat. The mysterious siblings. The hidden figure at the top of it all. "Unless you all have questions, or other information, you're free to go. Just make sure you monitor communications. We'll be calling to let you know when your next training day is or if anything new or important comes up."

And just like that, the first day was done. Shinichi left immediately after giving the go ahead for them to leave. He didn't seem to be very forth coming with any addition information. Did he really have none, or was there more to it than that?

Azen groaned falling back into a lying position on the floor. "Well, tonight was a bust," he said despite the relative success. "Apart from spending most of the night with a gorgeous ninja babe, I almost died and two demons got away. Plus, you lot ended up coming back with a shit ton more questions came up than I expected. Honestly, I was hoping this would be easy, open and shut, no loose ends," he explained further, though something about it seemed almost intriguing. The small glint of curiosity in his eye gave it away.

"You three seemed to have it the roughest out of us all." he said, referring to Aki, Cupie, and Amaya. THey'd ended up squaring off with a considerably powerful demon, and civilians were caught up in it. "Bet Akihabara wasn't expecting to welcome the famous idol Cupie back into the fold like that," he said as he rolled back, and pushed off the floor to hop up onto his feet. Azen looked over the group. "I'm not about to force any of you to give me your cell numbers and shit, but I do think it would help. I already have Aki's. And..." he glanced at Yami and Amaya. "Actually... Do you guys even have phones?" he asked, cocking his head to the side.

Meanwhile, Shinichi made his way to another room, a smaller one. There was a desk there, some drinks, a few file cabinets. He'd taken this and made it his personal office. He went through one of the draws and sucked in a breath. "What do you think of all this Yumi?" he asked calmly. THe door hadn't shut behind him as intended. Though her presence was almost nonexistent, that was something any seasoned veteran would have caught.

In truth, there was a reason Cupie had been sent to Akihabara. "I wasn't really expecting her presence to draw out the fat, otaku fuck, but Yasu really isn't a hard man to please, I suppose." The fact of the matter was, Yasu hadn't made an appearance in months. Crimes or incidents involving him had been non-existent. Still, it was a risky move. It endangered the Akihabara group. It almost wouldn't have been worth the risk.

Reactions: Thaleko and Mini
Ota Amiuchi & Yumi Tanka - Location: Demon Slayer Corps HQ - Tokyo, Japan - Oct 2 Early morning (technically still night?)
Interactions: Various​

As the groups linked up and were debriefed, Ota had zero plans to join any sort of morning training if he wasn't summoned, nor to meet up with the others after this. He was going to get as much sleep as possible before it was time to actually do more things. Listening in it was his own turn to report, so far none of their numbers died and yet very few if not most of them had met the Quota.

Speaking out his own report, Ota draws it out a little bit before in closing; "So all in all I killed a little over a dozen of the Junkies and a little shithead, the big one got away and when we linked up so did the other one. We didn't learn much minus all of these groups seem connected.."

With that out of the way and the dismissal in hand, Ota was tired and was looking forward to a rest, in spite of how easy he had made that mass slaughter seem it was physically trying and tiring and he had little willingness to spend time around his 'Comrades' who had rebuffed his early position and for the most part had failed their very own duties. "Tch, I'm heading to bed, later."

Walking the halls of the structure the former Prisoner and Temple Monk had no other place to call home than here, which he didn't mind all that much, truth be told.

"You know where to find me if it's important, turning the damn phone off for a couple hours. If it's not important stay th'fuck out. Buddha be with yah."

Waving a massive hand and arm, he shoulder his halberd and made way for the Barracks to wash up and get a rest, dried blood gleaming off his weapon as he did so.

~~~

As Shinichi made his way back to his own office, Yumi would shadow him a bit, quietly and stealthily she moved ahead and around, keeping her distance and out of sight of the others, it was when he finally noted her she started to hum and then follows it up with a shrug.

"What do I think? About what? Life? Reincarnations happy everyday, from a single drop we are formed and in death do we return, our suffering and sorrow lost to the sea, to be born once again.. Oh, maybe what I'll have for dinner? Meso Soup, some squid I think, rice.." With a mocking smile she enters the office, checking his alcohol bottles out.

"You already know what I think on 'this'. Swords and this training are obsolete when taken alone, thankfully demons are stupid cunts that won't arm themselves with AK's and just mow your slayers down for the most upon seeing them. A sniper with a heavy rifle, using that fancy sun ore and clipping a spine is just as good, or a shotgunner with slugs. Hell a giant UV truck light could do the job if you keep them pinned, sadly sniping is an art even more rare than a good sword arm and UV Lights are costly and take time to setup. It's an outdated solution that stinks of Japanese passivity that we are now 'needed'."

With her rather harsh critique of the Slayers she continues, holding a bottle up.

"If you mean the kids, they all need a bit more training and in spite of your own thoughts they need to all be trained in the least in how to deal with small arms fire, they all are overly arrogant, subpar performing, too eager to jump in head first and only one of them exceeded the quota by a margin that was worthy of praise.

In short it was as if the gods were treating them with kids gloves as a great many of them should have been maimed. Unit Co-operation is nonexistent and from the conversations I heard Ota is having difficulty in having any authority respected. Arrogance as I noted before was rife across all the comms, requests for support and coordination were nowhere to be seen and a Civilian was dragged into it as a Taxi to move a strike team in. At the very least we need a couple vans and maybe adjust the team sizes. I also still wish to break them."

With harshness to her tone she briefly trails off.

"However they did survive by luck and luck is often a good skill that many lack. We need to review our ways of handling this. Ancient Japan is no more and even a slayer on foot cannot hope to match the speed of a Sedan, never mind a helicopter. Tokyo will not be happy when they learn of this and it won't surprise me if the Defense Ministry uses this event in the next budget meeting to push his own project and cuts to us."

Finishing what she had to say for the time being, Yumi sets the bottle down.

"I need to show you better brands as well. Moving on, in the past the Demons as we call them had an unusual reason for being around, now it's just human corruption, greed and drugs. Ota's slaughter will likely scare any buyers off in the short term but we need to find where the drugs are being made and then we need to burn it and kill everyone inside. Anything less and we keep prolonging it. I think using Cupie as bait again might be worth it, but now fatass likely knows our game. Will he bite? Likely.

Other than that we need to put the woman from the Zoo under witness protection, they'll come for her for the sake of pride. Yasu from what I gather also strikes me as a supplier, he's not the ultimate boss nor source.. However it will be exceptionally difficult to take him alive for answers.. We may want to attempt setting up an undercover investigation or working closer with the police in infiltrating his drug ring.

I know I sound like a broken record, but we need further and expanded training. They all can swing a sword real nice, but anything else? Ota was the only one that brought a gun as far as I can tell.. I just worry if we push them all too much they'll become brittle and break on us. Unlike in the past, the current urbanite world never sleeps. Humans need to at some point, the more tired they become the more minor mistakes will roll over into large ones. Then you start taking losses."

A pause follows;

"Sacrifices are needed, but there is a difference in offering up lives and in just throwing them away."

Highly opiniated, the woman had her start in the Japanese Anti-Terror Rapid Response Units of the Tokyo Metropolitan Police. Always highly opinionated she often mixed firearms with swordplay. Taking shots from long range and swordplay at close range. Surviving in the Demon Slayer Corps after it's revival she always pushed for reforms, something which the old traditionalist never liked and if not for Japanese Laws aimed at the new Demon Outbreak she would likely never have joined a group of ancient fossils. Though her personal bias held strong she did mix the old ways into her training and had adopted well to the breathing styles.

She had however raised a point, some modifications were needed. In her mind the old ways being followed purely was flawed and a recipe for disaster.

"What we have out there is not a band of Soldiers, rather a band of Warriors and at the end of the day Honorable one on one Combat failed Japan in it's past and tonight. We must teach them better how to work together and that ranks exist for a reason. What would you be doing now had Yasu kept his dogs with him and they had some Cheap Black Star guns and shot a few of them?

I plan to wake them up to the modern day something special and not like the sword play they've been learning solely till now for the most part. Oh don't worry, I won't get in the way of your training.. Sadly now I do have paperwork to finish. Or maybe I'll just let it sit and build up some more. Like it or not the old slayers were expendable and Japan couldn't care less about any Demons running around. We don't have that Luxury today, while we must be hard on them we cannot just throw them away, blood is currency. Spend it well."

With that the woman seems to have nothing else to say as she stands in the door, she had surprisingly much to say.

Last edited:
Kaida Kageryu

Tokyo, Japan; Tokyo Station, Marunouchi area
Date:
Time of day:
Night
Mentions:
@Demon Shinobi

"Caring comrade, huh?" Kaida asked, with a glance his way after putting some of her tools away. "You can consider me such," she followed up with a shrug. It wasn't like she didn't care. She killed demons cause she cared about humans. Maybe her words had confused that for others. Though, perhaps, she did care more about killing demons, than saving humans. But same difference, right? "Yep, that's me. A 'big picture' sorta shinobi."

What he said next made her snicker and grin smugly at him, folding her arms. "Oh? And you can, can you? Not like 'most guys', are you? Hm..~" Kaida teased the male a bit. "That waits to be seen~"

As he mentioned about how they had met the quota, whereas others had not made her smile and say, "Well, that makes a strong argument for the we make a 'good team' thing." She decided to tease him just a bit, "Though I did most of the work." She ended that with a cheeky grin and wink. "But being a 'distraction' is a useful 'skill' in battle," she "complimented" Azen.

~~

Kaida looked down at the boy she had been paired with for the night's mission with look of chagrin upon her face, after the debriefing was over later that night. "You thought our work as Demon Slayers would be done in just a single night?" she questioned. Surely that is not what he meant, but it sounded so. "If only it were that easy, I would love it to be so! But, ha! Yeah, right. There are demons everywhere! Too many vile demons running around.. If only I could end them all in a single night.." She sighed, "A kunoichi's work is never done..."

Upon his question of phones; no doubt to keep in touch with the other slayers for important matters, she produced her own. "I... have one.." Kaida mumbled, pulling out a crappy flip phone that she popped open, peering at it with a sour, confuzzed look on her face, tapping inelegantly on the phone's strange 'keyboard' made up of numbered buttons. It was clearly some ancient thing that the kunoichi still struggled with making heads or tails of.

Amaya Location: HQ - Tokyo, Japan Date: Saturday, October 1, 2016 Time of day:Night ~~

Amaya hissed under her breath, glaring at the ground and kicking it a few times. She stilled her body and cocked her head to the side, her eyes locked on their trainer Shinichi talking. She snorted at one part. "FAT Yasu." She muttered under her breath, referring to the enormous demon. She huffed out a breath and drifted off to where Azen was sprawled on a couch. A small jab was placed in the ninja girl's back for her comment about 'vile demons'. "Not all are bad." The demon muttered as she brushed past the girl.

"Phones?" She asked, climbing over Azen, literally, and perching above him on the top of the couch. "What are those?" She asked, before giggling. "Well, I can't speak for both of us demons, but yeah, I know what a phone is." She twisted her upper body around, reaching into the bag on her back. The young female rummaged around for a minute, tossing a pack of bandages out, a small knife, another knife, a large book which she looked at for a second before shrugging and dumping it with the other stuff she had taken out of her bag. Amaya stuck out her tounge and she reached the bottom, and finally pulled her phone out. "AH-HA!" She exclaimed, holding out to Azen.

"There isn't a lock on it, but don't do anything stupid, and don't look up hentai or anything. I don't need that shit in my history." The demon tossed a glance over at the others, and motioned to her phone. "Same goes to any of you who want my contact info or anything." Amaya grabbed her stuff from where she had dumped it, and shoved it back in her bag, cracking her back in serveral places. She curled up in a ball, still on the back of the couch, tucking her legs up to her chest and watched the others, snickering quietly at ninja girl's attempt at working her flip-phone.

Aki Kiyoko

~~

Aki stood in line with a small frown on her face. She thought the night was going to be exciting. She would get to go out, slay some demons, show off a bit, probably make friends with her team but, unfortunately, none of that really happened. Not to mention someone got hurt, and another killed. That wasn't something that the girl, despite her bubbly nature, brushed off so easily. Still, she couldn't mope around. One always has to bounce back.

"Oh!" Aki gasped a bit at the suggestion to exchange information, seemingly a bit excited as she dug for her phone. "Yeah! We should!"

Holding her phone in mock triumph, she glanced around just in time to watch the shark man stomp off. Aki frowned a bit at that. He seemed upset. Then again, he always seemed upset. Still, there was the others. She at least had Azen! And then there was also plenty of other potential friends to connect with.

"It was super cheap Azen! I couldn't even cut through all the fat on his wrist! He was huuuuuuge! And he kept talking about heaven for some reason," Aki chimed in before her attention was caught by the tiny demon girl giving her phone to Azen and then to Kaida's phone. "Eh?"

She approached Kaida, phone in hand and took it from the girl. Aki held the flip phone as if it was some thing; a relic from a bygone time. At first, the blue-haired girl appeared just as perplexed as Kaida, then intrigued by the simple action of opening and closing it with a snap. She tapped against it curiously, like Kaida had but with some idea of what she was doing at least.

"I didn't even know they made these anymore... Can you even download Battle Rush? Youtube? Is there a sync option? Eh..." Whining a bit at that, Aki's face eventually exhibited triumph before she handed the phone back to Kaida. "There! You have my number and I have yours! I'm Aki, in case you forgot."

Reactions: Thaleko and Mini
Emika "Cupie" Sakurako

Mentions:
Interacting: Kaida @Thaleko Aki @EmperorsChosen

The puny, pathetic piece of garbage that was Kaida's phone immediately caught her attention, making the pink haired girl go up to the ninja to eye the contraption that would have been cool back in the early 2000's. Watching Kaida trying to work the easiest piece of technology known to man was like watching an old man try to write an e-mail.

"Hey, I've got some spare phones in my apartment if you want to come by and grab one Ms. Kunoichi; I'll even teach you how to use one if you want. Call me a spoiled brat, but it's a damn violation of human rights for someone of your age to walk around with that."

She waited for Aki to be finished before yoinking the relic phone from the blue haired girl's hands to input her own phone number. In a rapid tapping of fingers, one phone in each hand, Emika was finished and gave the device back to the ninja girl. "There ya go. I'm Emika; I got you under "Ms. Kunoichi" on my phone if you don't mind."

She then looked to Aki, "Can I get your number too?"

Last edited:
Kaida Kageryu

Date:
Time of day:
Night
Mentions:
@Jessica2477 @EmperorsChosen @MiniTyphoonMaker

The brunette glanced sideways when the small demon girl gave her lip. There was visible disgust displayed on the ninja's face. Briefly it seemed beneath her to even throw out a response to the demon. She didn't need to keep arguing this point, finding it exhausting to. How did anyone believe not all demons were bad? Kaida couldn't wrap her head around it. They may pretend to be good, or even helpful, but she knew better.

It was when she mentioned giving out her contact info, that Kaida replied. "Ugh. Contacting a demon? Yeah right. Who would do that?" She gave Azen a preemptive look, if he would take up the demon on her offer to exchange info. Then, she raised her eyebrow, and asked, "What's 'hen-tie'?"

Suddenly her attention was stolen by someone very loud shouting. Her squeaky voice grating on Kaida's ears. "Huh, a demon talking about heaven? That is one deluded demon, he ain't going anywhere near paradise. Hey-!" She called when the blue-head snatched her device from her hand. "Be careful with it.. it's the only one I have.." she mumbled, seeing as how Aki was flipping it open and closed and then tapping on it recklessly. Clearly Kaida didn't know it was built to withstand a nuke.

"What's Battle Rush? You..tube?.. Sync.. option..?"

Kaida leaned back, blinking when Aki pushed her phone back into her hand, claiming they now had each others's 'numbers'. "Uh.. I didn't know..." She looked down at her phone, seeing the new contact there under 'Aki'. She frowned, wondering if she could change it to 'Annoying Flea'. "Cool..." she muttered with a side-eye.

"Huh!? Wait what!? You have multiple phones!?" She questioned, as now another one of the girls had begun talking to her about her device. It seemed thought little of it. "You'll just.. give me one?.." That seemed strange to Kaida! "Really?"

"Teach me, too?.. This seems too good to be true..."
Kaida murmured, narrowing her eyes. "What's your angle, pinky? -It-it is? How does this violate human rights?" the kunoichi asked, looking over her phone.

Again, it was snatched from her. She waited as "Emika" tapped on it, and announced like -"Aki"- she had put her number in. Once it was returned to her, she looked over the new contact. "Um.. yeah.. that works.." Kaida seemed both impressed and out of her element about this whole thing. Still, there was the faintest of little pink tinges on her cheeks. Two people had cared enough about her to immediately gain her contact info! That made her stomach feel fluttery. "Th-thanks.. -I-I guess!" she said to the two girls.

Aki Kiyoko

~~

Aki watched as Cupie took the flip phone from her hands and typed her number into it. Then, the idol had asked Aki for her phone number, which was possibly a mistake on Cupie's part. Aki grinned at that and seemed to bounce excitably before once again latching onto the smaller girl, arms wrapping around her and unintentionally pushing the idol's head into her bosom. Aki bounced a bit more with an excited squeal. Perhaps she was excited that the idol wanted her number, or perhaps she took it as a sign that Cupie wasn't angry at her from before. Either way, Cupie would soon find herself able to breath once again.

"Really?! Yay! Take it!" Aki cheered, pulling back and eagerly handing the pink-haired one her phone for the girl to enter her number.

Then she turned her attention to Kaida and, fortunately or unfortunately for the ninja, attacked her with a hug as well paired with more excited bouncing. Kaida was taller, which made the girl safer for breathing, but she still had a blue ball of energy latched onto her

"I'll teach you too! I can teach you how to download stuff, and text, and youtube!" The expression of gratitude only gave Aki a further green light to smother the kunoichi, though at least she still had access to oxygen with little struggle.

Allister "Marmot" Marmon

Date:October 2, 2016 - Night

Interactions:

Allister was exhausted. He and Hana had just barely managed to fulfill their quota in time to rush back to headquarters. He'd been too busy thinking about his own side of the fights that night to notice the meeting had started, and by the time he noticed, Hana had already reported their part – minus the witnesses he hadn't mentioned so far. Their superior also practically rushed out of the room after, leaving him no real chance to report the witnesses. Guess that meant he'd either have to follow up on them himself or find another time to bring them up.

The big guy who was supposed to be in charge of the group up and left immediately after the meeting, while the rest of the group began pulling phones out to trade numbers. He pulled his own phone out of his pocket, waiting for a chance to say something. It took a while. The group had apparently managed to get quite a bit of bonding in on their trips. They were certainly much more happy to chat it up now. Perhaps he should just use the communicator? No. That'd clog up the channels for other Demon Slayers who were actually on duty.

"Question. Why is it significant that Cupie was back in Akihabara?" He raised his hand, indicating that he was trying to interject into the conversation at hand. "Also, do any of you have plans for later tomorrow? The first demon I ran into last night was attacking some civilians we could try to track down and ask some questions if anyone is available." If none of them were available, he could always try to pass the information up. Interrogation wasn't really his forte anyways. If it helped him fit in a bit better with the team, though... Might as well.

Ota & Aki Collab
Also short response to @kookyboy9

"Oh, the fatty demon was a weeb demon! He's a Cupie fan!" Aki replied, turning to the new voice before separating from the others. Approaching him, Aki grinned and took his phone, implanting her number into it like she had for Cupie and Kaida. She then presented it back to him and gave a nod. "Sure! Sounds like fun!" It very likely shouldn't, though. "I never mind hanging out!"

As the conversations lessened in favor of rest, Aki returned to her room as the others had. She would sleep soundly that night, for as much as she would actually sleep that is. The girl would wake up bright an early with a surprising amount of energy prepared.

The morning after their night of demon hunting, it was assumed most would be asleep. Maybe they all were, save for one. Aki was bright-eyed and fully awake despite the night’s occurrences. Carrying a cup of coffee, she thought that she would cheer up a certain moody demon slayer, or try to at least.

The large man seemed rather irked when he went to bed, as well as tired. So, since she was about to go on her morning run, Aki thought it would be nice to surprise him the same way she surprised her uncle. So, she made her way to his door. A few taps were made against it, but no answer. A few more, growing increasingly persistent as time went on. It would be quite a nuisance to sleep through, if one wasn’t an incredibly heavy sleeper.

Answering the door with slumped over shoulders and a tired gaze to his eyes, Ota also seemed to have a bottle of sake in his hands as he narrowly holds the door open. “Da fuck..want you want?” With sleep still touching his eyes and body the slight releasing of a handgun hammer to prevent it from firing could be heard. Ota seemed to have jumped up from his place of sleep with a bottle of sake and gun in hand, it was curious how he had opened the door.

“Ah!”

Aki’s bright smile faltered a bit as she saw the grumpy man, her eyes glancing to the bottle of alcohol and to behind him where an odd clicking sound came from. She appeared to pout momentarily, before grasping the bottle with surprising swiftness for the time of day.

“That’s why you’re so grumpy!” Aki chastised him. “My uncle drinks all the time too, and he’s always scowling. Here!”

Switching off to a happy smile, she presented to him a cup of coffee.

“You looked pretty tired and annoyed when you went to bed, so I thought I’d bring you something to wake you up when I went for my morning run,” Aki explained with a friendly smile. “Uncle Ishi also liked coffee when I wouldn’t let him drink.”

Looking on slightly annoyed, Ota narrows his vision, looking at the coffee. “Why in the fuck are you trying to wake me up? I mean yeah YOU might want to do some early morning workout but I wanna sleep.”

Huffing at that he accepts the cup, looking on. “So, minus delivering me coffee what can I do for yah?”

“Come on! It’s not good to sleep in!” Aki chimed back, slightly deflated but keeping the energy up. “Even if you stay up late, you need to keep up a good sleep schedule!”

Ota was kind of scary, but Aki saw much of her uncle in him. They were both fighters, scary, grumpy, tall—Ota was a bit taller though, and her uncle didn’t have shark teeth. Either way, like her uncle, the girl knew that he couldn’t be as intimidating as he seemed, or at least not as mean.

“I’m also trying to see if anyone wants to join me! I think it’ll be fun and good for team-building!” Aki said before tapping her index fingers a bit awkwardly. “W-Well… and you also seemed pretty mad yesterday and left early… So…”

The girl despite her attitude seemed a bit more sheepish than the day prior. Perhaps that was because she just didn’t get that much sleep or maybe she actually felt a bit bad or worried.

“How in the fuck can I keep up a good sleep Schedule if I was out all fuck’n night kill’n shits?!” Face palming his head into the door, the man sighs. “Of course I’m mad, that whole night was a shitshow, and yah should rest more. I’ll promise you, the she-devil will wear you out soon enough, she didn’t get to have her fun and once she finishes her review of things you’ll see she can be just as bad as the boss we have.. I also left cause I was tired, I cut down a few of those demons. So no, I don’t wanna do some morning run, cause I’m sure we’ll have more to run or do soon enough, I’ll do my own workout later, no point sweating more than I got to.”

He answers in regard to her comments, which while not questions still deserved an answer in kind.

“It takes months to make a cycle but only a day to break it!” Aki chimed back determinately, tapping her own fist against her sternum with a confident grin. “And don’t worry about me! Dad always said I had too much energy!”

Though as he hit his forehead against the door, Aki attempted to reach up and pat him. However, quickly realizing the height difference after a few attempts to stretch on the tips of her toes, she settled for patting him on the chest.

“Don’t worry, that was only the first level! The villains always win the first encounter to set up the stakes. We’ll beat them next time!” Strangely, the girl seemed to be talking in video games. Regardless, his mention of a demon got her to tilt her head. “Eh? Amaya is nice though! She wouldn’t do that.”

Completely misunderstanding who he was speaking of, Aki nonetheless didn’t seem to be worried. Still, she did pout when he refused.

“Come ooon Sharky! You can’t be a loner!” She whined childishly.

“The hell do you want..?” Listening to her go on and on he lost any interest in explaining who he meant, she would learn first hand soon enough. Then there was the fact she treated this all like a game, another thing she would learn in time. She was clearly too dumb to take a hint and if he just slammed the door she would likely begin beating on it again.. Though he was curious how her coffee tasted and just who in the hell this uncle of her’s was.

The coffee itself was straight black. Aki had once again presumed that Ota was like her uncle in the sense he preferred bitter over sweet. Thus, the cup was a dark roast with no sweetener whatsoever, the opposite to what Aki preferred.

“I want to be friends! And for you not to hide off and train by yourself! Not allowed!” Aki clarified with a huff. “Well… You’re not really the only person doing that… but regardless! I’d like everyone to be friends! ...Or at least get along…”

“You do know I don’t like training all that much, right? I mean I do it cause I have to, those demon shits aren’t gonna kill themselves. As to being friends I don’t mind, hell could use you as a weight, and yeah I seen that. It’ll come to bite us on the ass I bet. I would train with the other monks or my old Yakuza brothers so I’m no stranger to it.. But I rather sleep a little longer now while I got the chance, why are you so eager to go at it this mornin anyways?”

“Eh? I mean, you’re pretty stacked, so I kinda figured,” Aki said gaining a large grin on her face. “Sure! I don’t mind! I’m not that heavy, but it sounds fun!”

It seemed like the girl was up for about anything if it was with her friends, or for the sake of friendship. Either way, when Ota mentioned his monks and Yakuza, the girl’s eyes lit up as if spotting a celebrity and she began bouncing in place excitedly, causing the sake in the bottle to slosh around.

“Wait, Yakuza? So you’re like a real mafioso!” Aki commented, likely far to ecstatic about someone being a supposed gangster. “How long ago were you? Since when? What rank were you? Do you guys actually use katana? OH! Do you have those fancy full-body tattoos?”

The girl began to bombard him with questions, instantly getting sidetracked from the topic of running. She only ceased when he inquired about her morning habits.

“I go at it every morning. It’s good to keep a routine going and not let it get messed up; it keeps you energized and ready! Also, it’s kind of a habit. When my uncle trained me he never let me sleep in,” Aki explained simply. “Even though I don’t have to worry about getting splashed with water or ice cubes, my body still acts like it! It’s almost impossible for me to sleep past dusk hehehe.”

“The fuck, calm down you little shit!” Thinking back on her rapid fire of questions it was too much to deal with as he rubbed his head.

“Your uncle sounds like a sadist, slayers work at night unless you want to sleep in the midday.”

Trying the coffee, Ota just sighs heavily. “I used to be a Yakuza. I haven’t been one in awhile. Back when I was a teen I dropped out of school, started hanging with them, joined up, didn’t have any family. To answer all that shit yah asked, I only got some lines of tattoos, you only get one per crime you do, so the guys that have full body shit with vibrant colors tend to be hitmen. I was just a soldier, shakedowns, enforcement, collecting money for the bosses. Katana’s some use, but I just used this.”

Reaching around the door he showcases his Tokarev handgun. “Or one like it, now I got this and an M9. Before yah asked I never shot a civie with it, that’s not ta say I never shot someone though.. Katana’s though in the Yakuza, that’s ceremonial, mostly you’ll see the boys with baseball bats, knives, golf clubs and such, running around with a Katana till here lately would get the cops to take a direct interest in yah and not the good kind. Mostly I would just lay hands on people, lift em up one handed and shake em around a bit. Normally they would shit themselves to pay yah.”

Rubbing the back of his head as he throws the handgun to where he was likely sleeping he shrugs. “But that is all behind me, those demon shits hit me and the boys, killed a lot of us, had their little fun, I killed a couple of the fucks and left to join the Temple, praise the magnanimous Bhudda and his wisdom. Since then I’ve been stick’n to my priestly roots when able, but I kept dropping those little shits by the dozens on my own private little war. The Law and the Slayers caught onto me and gave me an offer I couldn’t refuse.. Mostly as that would have meant prison for a long time. That's why I was given a higher ranking, I’ve been kill’n those things for awhile.”

“Ah! Hm… Maybe!” Aki replied. Whoever her uncle was, apparently he was a sadist.

However, Aki did as told and relaxed a bit. She listened to his story with interest, noting the various things she learned. It seemed that if it was unusual or out of the ordinary, the girl wanted to learn more about it. She didn’t appear averted in the slightest to his admissions, just vested interest with her eyes lit up.

“Ooooh…! Can I hold it?” Aki asked excitedly, though it was questionable if that was a good idea or not.

The man’s personal vendetta didn’t seem to scar her off either, rather she just nodded at points with the same interest as before. She wasn’t doing this for revenge, but she’d be lying if she said it was only motivated by intrigue anymore.

“Wait, but don’t the gangs not like people leaving?”

“You can leave the Yakuza via a few ways, or even get thrown out and while I hate the demons, me killing them sends their souls across the Sanzu, with the Bhudda’s Grace they may find atonement and peace.” Listening to her next question the man sighs a bit.

“I already threw it back to the bed, plus I would say no either way. Knowing that woman you’ll get to train with a gun soon enough. Don’t you have a run you should be doing or are you still hanging around here to drag me along or for story time?”

“Aww… Hm…” Aki hummed disappointingly at that before clasping her hands behind her back. She glanced at him from the side with one half-opened eye. “I happen to like story-time… But you could always order me to let you sleep… Then you won’t get your booze back though~” She said, fully doubting he would actually order her to go away. Aki still bet on him being kinder than he appeared.

“No point now, and I’m not one to just abuse my authority..though maybe I should.” Pulling the door shut the sounds of movement and clicking of locks could be heard as he emerges from his room, laying on hand on the girl, he lifts her up a bit, placing her on one end of his polearm.

“Well you little shit, lets go, sooner this is all done the sooner I can go back to whatever I want to do.”

“Ah-!”

Before Aki could protest, the door was shut. She frowned a bit before letting out a pouty sigh and turning away, looking slightly down at the bottle of sake. She sniffed it a moment, made a disgusted face and turned her nose to it. However, when she heard the shifting of locks, Aki glanced back just in time to get hoisted up with a minor yelp and plopped on the end of his polearm. Soon after, a smile was back on her face and she laughed in amusement, pointing forward.

“Hehe… Onward then! We go!”

Allister and Kaida collab

Kaida sat in the training room at HQ. She had to admit this place was pretty well stocked, and it was worth training here, even for a ninja. She sat there in combat shorts and a tank top, tying off bandages over her hands and up her arms. Beside her was her pack of various ninja tools, including her blades. She reached up, pulling her unruly gray-brown hair together, tying off a functional ponytail.

Allister found himself wandering the halls, searching for other members of his team. He’d been far too exhausted the previous… night? Morning? Somewhere in between. He’d been too exhausted to do much more than stand at the meeting and make a cursory attempt to get to know the rest of them a bit better. So, he’d been searching the compound for them with little luck all morning. He rounded a corner, looking into the training room, and spotted one of his targets for the day. She appeared to be getting ready to train, and knowing what her combat style was like could easily work to the team’s advantage later on. Perhaps it would be better to wait for her to finish her set before he approached to speak to her?

Kaida got to her feet, grabbing a few things. Then she paused. “You there. In the hall. What do you want?” she asked out.

Only to turn around and see the one looking at her. Her guard lowered some, recognizing him from just the other day. A fellow demon slayer. “Oh, it’s just you… And you are?..” she asked, realizing she didn’t know his name.

Or… that would work, too. “Allister Marmon. I’m a member of the team we were assigned to yesterday. I’ve been looking around for the rest of the members for most of the morning without much luck.” Had he misread the situation? It seemed like she was getting ready to start training, not to end training. “Did I disrupt your training?”

“Yea..” she replied, with a slight scowl. “Right.. So, you’re the quiet type right?” She wasn’t sure if she wanted to start training with someone watching her like this.

“I prefer not to speak my mind if there’s no need to. I wouldn’t say quiet, per say?” He paused for a moment. “Would you like some assistance training? I’m sure there must be things you at least want to try out that wouldn’t be as easy alone?”

“Hm..” He offered to help train. “Why were you looking for the team?” she asked. Her amber eyes scrutinized him and she had a follow up question. “So.. you hate demons, right?”

Had he managed to somehow offend her? Strange. “I was looking to exchange contact information. I was a bit out of it last night and missed my chance.” As for the demon portion of the question… “I wouldn’t say that I have a particularly strong opinion on them, either way. If they are willing to abide by human morals and law, I don’t see why they should be treated any differently than humans.”

He wanted her contact information? Kaida reached in her pack. At least she had managed to snag this new phone from Cupie’s place last night. However, what he said next gave her pause. “What!?!” She rounded back him. “You don’t hate them!? But they kill and eat people! As far as reasons go to hate something, that’s a pretty damn good one!”

Flipping her phone in her hand, she seethed. “Why should I give you my contact info?.. If you don’t hate demons, and are willing to ‘give them the benefit of the doubt’... Then how can I trust you? How can I trust you to have my back as a Demon Slayer in battle?!..” She huffed, narrowing her eyes.

Now he had definitely offended her. Was it really that much of a trust-breaker that he didn’t hate demons? He didn’t really feel like it mattered, so long as they shared a goal. “I’d think it would be a sign of being more trustworthy, myself? And I am not giving them the ‘benefit of the doubt’. If there is any doubt, I’m going to take action. I’m just not willing to decide that someone is guilty simply because they happen to be a demon. I have it from a trustworthy source that the first time this happened, we would’ve lost if we hadn’t been willing to compromise with the few demons that weren’t evil.” He took a moment to think. “And besides that, the upper ranks have decided that some of them are worth keeping around. If the big shots of the organization think that they’re trustworthy, who am I to second-guess them?”

“Few demons… that… weren’t evil?” Kaida repeated, flipping and catching her phone at the moment she repeated the male’s words. The kunoichi with the ponytail could barely even comprehend such a notion. “ALL demons are evil!”

“Hmph!! You trust too easily! Which makes you a liability! Just because the higher ups allow them in, doesn’t mean jack shit. It just makes them as gullible as you! Some day you and they will fall because of their love of demons! Trust of demons! But NOT me! I will never fall in such a shitty way!”

Wow. He knew she had a chip in her shoulder from the first time they’d met up, but… wasn’t this a bit much? “History would appear to disagree. Perhaps it’s worth reinvestigating sources?” If he was going to convince her he was at all trustworthy, it was obviously going to take a lot of work. “In the meantime, I’ll keep that under advisement. I assume you include our team’s resident demons in that list of evils?”

She narrowed her eyes at him so much, they felt they were straining. “Naturally! They’re wolf’s in sheep’s clothing. I won’t be caught off guard when those two finally decide to turn on us, or when they finally snap! You may die, but I’ll be watching, and I’ll be prepared for when they turn their swords on us. Still can’t believe they were given Nichirin swords… Pfft.”

That was actually a lot less severe than he’d assumed her view on the pair of them had been. “Well, then. How about I just keep an eye on them for now? Even if they are just pretending, they could be useful assets. And if they are pretending, they’ll slip up eventually, and we can deal with the consequences then. If they somehow aren’t pretending, then it’s a win-win case for our side. We can honestly use all the help we can get.” He wouldn’t be lugging around so much unconventional weaponry if they didn’t need that much help.

Kaida considered that, then gave a nod. She still couldn’t trust this gullible idiot too much, but it wouldn’t hurt having his eyes on them. -Not that she would necessarily trust his eyes.. He was too lenient. They probably would do something he wouldn’t even register as demonic or evil. “Watch them. They’ll slip up somewhere. I’m sure of it. Then you’ll realize I’m right. Anyway, here~”

She tossed him her phone. “Put your contact info in there. As for that.. Yeah, sure, use the fuckin’ demons to kill other fuckin’ demons. Great. Good idea. Maybe we’ll get lucky and they’ll kill each other some day.”

Allister sincerely doubted that they’d slip up. He didn’t really believe that the demons on the team were double agents or anything like that, but if it’d put her at ease, it’d at least go a ways towards his goal today. He fumbled for the phone she’d flipped at him. His reflexes were decent, but he hadn’t expected her to change her mind so quickly. He glanced down at it, punching his contact information in, and memorizing her phone number with a quick glance to the top of the contacts list while he was at it. It’d probably be a good idea to know who was calling if she did end up using his number. He flipped the phone back over in his hand, offering it back to her. “Back to the original matter, though. Do you want aid training? Otherwise, I can get out of your hair.”

Kaida caught the phone, then regarded him suspiciously. “How much use can a demon-sympathiser be in training to kill demons?..” she wondered aloud. Making quite sure he understood her sentiment.

Allister shrugs. “I met quota last night. Was a pain because they were all spread out across the section of the city, but I still met it. Besides, I have a few tricks up my sleeve you might appreciate.” He got the sentiment loud and clear. Might as well answer the question, though. Maybe it’d help him in the long run?

She regarded him, briefly impressed, which gleamed in her amber eyes. “You did? So did I.” She had heard not everyone did. If he did, that meant.. “Well, maybe there’s more to you than I thought… Okay. What ‘tricks’ are these?”

What was the best way to show his ‘tricks’? Most of them were subterfuge and misdirection. Of course, she had a pretty strong ninja vibe going. He wasn’t entirely sure that his tricks would be that impressive. Perhaps he should have thought about that a bit more before he spoke? “Well, to start. How many weapons would you say I’m carrying right now?”

With a raised eyebrow, she looked him over. Then shrugged. “Twenty?” As a ninja she carried a lot of weapons. More than you’d think or know. So maybe her guess was high. But she figured -by his question- he had to be carrying more than one would think.

Allister chuckled at that. She was obviously fishing. “I’m down one after last night, but the answer is obviously a good deal less than you’d think, but more than I should ever need.” He pulls up his sleeves, revealing his tantos, then pulls out the tranquilizer darts concealed on his back. “It turns out most demons don’t expect people to shoot stuff at them. Or really pay attention to what’s being shot at them. I suppose it must be a consequence of being damn near unkillable? Regardless, one of the syringes is filled with a nice little wisteria compound to deal with them from a distance. The other two have tranquilizers just in case someone needs a nice opening or we need to deal with someone who isn’t a demon.”

What he said made sense, she figured, while looking at the weaponry he revealed to her. “Yeah, definitely. Can attest to that.” She pulled out and unrolled a tool holder. In it was her throwing knives, needles, and shuriken. “You’re right, most demons don’t think twice about projectiles… Though, Wisteria..?” That was smart. “Hm.. Maybe.. I should use some…” She thought her needles dripping with wisteria poison would be good.

Allister nodded. “Yeah. It works pretty well when it hits. Just be sure to keep some antitoxin on you in case you miss and hit someone else. Wisteria isn’t as deadly to humans, but it’ll still give them a bad day. Although, if you want to use it on your throwing tools, you’d probably be better off using a paste. That’s what I do for the blades on my forearms. The left one has a wisteria compound on it, and the right one has a cyanide compound, and my breath style focuses more on injecting the stuff through a bunch of small cuts, rather than going for the neck.” That’d probably saved him last night. The demon had been careful about being cut, but the one cut that did land sealed his fate.

“Hm. You may be more useful than I thought. Why don’t you show me more of your poison later. This isn’t really the time.” At his mention of his breath style, she nodded. She tended to rely on smaller, speedier cuts too.

“Okay, so what's your breath style?”

Allister nodded. “I use the Breath of Light.” He paused a moment, then gave her a small smile. “Don’t worry if you don’t recognize the name. It’s not one of the traditional styles.” He paused again, frowning this time “Actually, I don’t even know if anyone else uses it.”

She certainly didn’t recognize it. “What’s that? Demonstrate. Or at least explain.”

“It was an experimental variation of the traditional breath styles that was meant to be adapted for use with an easily-concealed blade. I’m sure you’ve noticed that katanas lack subtlety, but shorter blades lack the same weight to be used for techniques? It was meant to fix that. Most of the techniques are designed to be quick and keep you on your toes. I suppose somewhat similar to the breath of the insect, but designed for a more easily concealed blade.”

“Hm..” Truth be told, Kaida was not entirely familiar with the more common breath styles. She came from a reclusive clan after all, which had their own breath style. “I see.. Well, I certainly know the power of speed, and precision. My own style relies a lot on that~” she said, pulling out a knife and flipping it around.

He seemed to have lost her there. Regardless, they’d also been talking for an extended period of time, and she had been getting ready to train when he came in. Perhaps it was time to start wandering the headquarters again? “Kinda figured with the whole ninja vibe. I should probably let you get back to your practice, though. Do you happen to know where I might find any other members of the team?”

“I’m a shinobi,” she corrected flatly. Then she shrugged. “No idea. I don’t keep tabs on them. You’re right, I’ve stalled enough. I don’t want my throwing arm to go soft, or my legs to forget how to run and leap!”

He doubted that’d happen from a slight delay. “I’ll leave you to it, then. Good luck! Feel free to send me a message if you want a primer on that wisteria toxin.” His part said, he turned around and started back down the hall. Perhaps he’d have some luck finding them in the residential sections of the headquarters?

“Later,” she said not so pleasantly, with a wave of her hand. Kaida turned and went to her training.