Demon Pride - The Brotherhood of the Night

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I was trying to keep my head down after my banishment from my clan when I refused to kill my twin brother. I decided the best place to hide was the human military." She looked down. "I don't know if I'll stay. I really dont see a place for a guardian here."

Aurora just nodded.

"I can understand that. Though you can always make yourself useful if you wish to stay. We constantly watch each others backs here." Aurora told her, finishing her cig. Argon just smirked when the Fourth discovered that it was her last and looked annoyed at the empty pack.
"But if you decide to go, I suggest you to hide somewhere else. Humans are pretty much two faced creatures. They would betray you without a second thought."

V sat upside down in a throne on the ceiling of the main hall. He spends most of his time here when he's in the castle watching other demons navigate the castle. A goblet of wine floated over to him, the contents not abiding the laws of gravity. "Thank you," he sipped the wine, "Bartholomew." Bartholomew was a poltergeist, a mid level demon with great powers. Poltergeists were unable to directly harm humans, but they could make life really hard for them because of their invisibility and their ability to become portals to "hell."

V watched Rose explore, until she left the main hall. He leaned back and sighed, Bartholomew taking his goblet and holding it for him. "Humans are such a pest, but I do admire their ingenuity. Did you know that they have discovered wards that can prevent demons, of even my power, to cross thresholds." He shakes some more and snaps his fingers, "Send messages to the counselors, they should read:
First, Second, Third, and Fourth,
I, V of the Dreamweavers, have procured several humans, on this, the night of my rescue. They are, six fully grown males, four of the white variety, one black, and one Asian. They have not suffered much physical harm, as of yet, and I am willing to surrender them onto you to do as you will with them.
Respectfully,
V the King of Spiders.

V told them six, but he had seven, one for his own personal enjoyment. One of the humans that had been assigned to guard his prison cell. He smiled as his wine goblet floated away, the poltergeist going off to write up the letters and deliver them. Humans may be repulsive and delicious, but they did tend to trust each other too much for their own good.

Akira sighed as Chaos brung her shoes to her. She chuckled and shook her head.

What am I going to do with you? Akira patted the quite large demon.

She got up, put her black and crimson converse on, then headed to the restroom to brush her hair as well as her teeth, before putting on make-up. Her crimson eyes stared at herself. Her hair was pulled back in a ponytail with her raven bangs falling over her right eye, her deep blue eyeshadow made her eyes stand out and her black lipstick made her ghostly, pale skin look ever whiter, if it were possible. She stepped out of the restroom and picked up Chaos's chain leash, before latching it onto his black studded leather collar. Chaos bolted towards the front door, which caused Akira to fall on her back. She stood up, walked to the ebony door and twisted the knob that lead outside. The duo stepped out and Akira lead Chaos onto the street. She hummed a soft tune that her mother taught her as they walked, oddly Akira's footfalls made no noise due to herself being part vampire.

V's attention was grabbed by Akira heading outside. He slowly flipped himself so his feet were pointed to the ground and dropped from the ceiling. He landed with a soft thud and slinked out after her. He wasn't quite so quite, and his foot steps could be heard as he approached the other demon. "Hullo Akira, how have you been?" He held his hands together behind his back as he walked, and his spider arms hung loosely from his back.

I've been fine, V. So, how was greeting caught by humans? Akira asked him without even glancing behind her, for she recognized his voice. However, Chaos looked behind him and growled in his mixed up voice. Akira chuckled at Chaos and simply stroked his fur. He had scales near his paws, on his tail and on the bridge of his nose, yet no where else. Akira stopped and turned to the King of Spiders. She cracked him a grin that showed her fangs which were quite large for her to be a younger demon.

V growled right back looking straight at Chaos, playfully though. He turned his gaze to Akira and shook his head. "It was not pleasant, the shame I feel right now would be enough to cause me to kill myself if it was a few centuries ago." He stops a few feet away from her, to save them both from having their necks at uncomfortable positions. "It was surprising, how ferocious they were,and their technology is becoming a problem. They have discovered how to create powerful wards, and how to transfer them into weapons." He smiled at her, "But... the outcome was not all bad, I have managed to procure a human with excellent blood."

I wish I were there. Most humans I've met have the worst blood I've ever stuck my fangs in Akira shook her head thinking about it. Her wings awkwardly stuck out at her sides. She was only about 5'6 and she still had to look up to him even when he stood a few feet away.

V bowed slightly at the waist, "Well if you would like to sample some of the fine choices I have in my personal collection, I'd be glad to have some company next time I'm in the cellar." It is little known among the demons that V kidnaps humans and stashes them in the cellar. He injects them with his venom, which keeps them quiet and alive with out having to actively care for them, and without altering their taste.

I might stop by sometime and I'll bring Chaos along if he wants to go. Akira looked down at her pet that stood at just above her waist. She chuckled at him and looked back up to V. She hadn't interacted with anyone in a year and it was weird to converse with others

V smiles back, and continues walking. He snaps his fingers and a wine goblet is brought to him by a different poltergeist. He turns to face her and stops walking, "Stop by whenever you wish, someone will alert me and I'll be down there to show you around." He sips the liquid and sighs. "Those humans didn't even offer me any refreshments during my containment."

In my opinion humans are worse than angels, because humans betray you... Akira sighed and remembered her best human friend that tried to kill her. Crimson tears threatened to fall from her eyes and her wings slumped against the ground.

V nodded, "Yes, but that is also one of their greatest weaknesses." He's not good at comforting, since he is a demon of fear. "You are sad. Why?"

I'm not sad its just that I have something in my eyes. Akira lied and blinked back her tears

V nodded, "Sorry, sometimes I forget that many others don't have protective lenses over their eyes." He sips from his black goblet and tilts his head as he looks at her, "Would you like some wine? This barrel is from the first century." He holds out the goblet tilted to let her see the dark red liquid.

No thanks, but thanks anyway Akira smiled half-heartedly, before turning around and walking away with her head down. Her huge wings dragged behind her. Chaos made his disorienting call and followed behind his master. The wind made her ponytail whip around. Her hair was much longer than it was a year ago when it was very short, and it now came to the middle of her back

V nodded, If that is what she wishes, he thought. He unfurled his spider legs and stepped into a shadow disappearing. He sat down in his throne and dismissed the goblet carrying poltergeist. "I wish for time to myself." He placed his chin on his fist and sat staring at the ceiling.

Akira headed home as a crimson tear fell down her pale cheek. She cursed her weakness under her breath as she trudged forward

V stood up and paced the ceiling. He was growing restless and desired to hurt something. He clapped his hands and disappeared entering the dreamscape. The dreamscape was parallel to reality, but instead of showing all living things, only those that were asleep had form here. He floated down and out of the door, the dreamscape was intangible, nothing but the dream demons known as sandmen could affect it, and they were only being to always belong to both worlds simultaneously. He flew out over the ocean and made his way to a glowing city. One of the many places that only existed on one plane of existence.
"The temple of sand," V said, the home of sandmen, and source of of their sleep inducing sand. He set down on a golden road, and walked through the city gates. There were no trees, no shadows, and most importantly no traces of humans. The entire city was made of what looked like solid gold, and was half buried in shifting sands. The sandmen were men only in name, they looked more like golden demons, and were just as varied in shape as demons. He walked down the street unnoticed, only the sandmen were solid inside the walls.
V walked up to a glowing gold portal, the swirling sands inside it were a special variety, they were the sands of memory. When these sands were sprinkled on an entity, they did not take them to a dream, but instead transported them back into a memory. V waited by the portal until a sandman came up and took a bag of the sand. He followed the demon out, going into a memory is much better than a true dream, for you can alter a person's entire being. He smiled darkly and floated on silently.

Akira made a loop and headed back to her room. Her pale cheeks were stained a light pink were she had been crying. Her eyes were a dulled crimson and her wings were tattered at the end were she had been walking. Chaos looked up at his master and cocked his head. His ears twitched as a whimper escaped his master's lips. Akira had cut her ex-best friend's name into her arm. She made a low hiss as she thought of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.