Dem Skillz

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty good at Dark Souls, but I can only hope to achieve this level of greatness one day.

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Game's I feel like I'm good at:

1. Dark Souls
2. Civ 5
3. Payday 2

Game's I'm actually good at: Nothing. :P
I love video games, but I don't tend to be good at them.
Just decent enough not suck.

I held the unofficial title of Second best Tekken player of Sweden. xD. Having played at every possible tourney and always getting beaten at the finals by the same guy. This was 5 years ago though.

I was a holy terror at Civilization Revolution, regularly placing in the top 10% online. And if the game of the week was Mongols? I was top 10 period more often than not.

I don't have the reflexes to be that great at most action games, but two RPGs spring to mind.

The first is Bravely Default. Now I'm not in any sort of community of players, but I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't that many people who know as much about this game as I do. With over four hundred hours in it I know the game mechanics like the back of my hand, and I can bring down a superboss in 5 turns, except for Turtle Dove?, which requires a unique setup by virtue of its capped defense. Anything else only needs a couple turns of buffs to tear apart. Most of the high end strategies I've seen from other people involve using Stillness and speed control to deal damage while preventing yourself from taking any, but these sets are inevitably weak to status and any bosses, such as Lucifer, that can change their speed stat. I use two different setups, based on the same class set.

Ninja @ Dark Arts
Ama-no-Marakumo
Ama-no-Marakumo
Royal Crown
Brave Suit
Hyper Bracers

Sword Magic Amp
Drain Attack Up
Hawkeye
Precision

This is, to my extensive knowledge, the most reliable way to deal 20K damage in a single attack. By using the Drain Sword Magic (cast from the Blood Blade item), combined with those support abilities, and then using Life or Death (while Fairy Ward is up so you aren't Doomed, of course), allows you to hit enough damage per hit to deal cap damage with each hit of the two-hit attack, although a couple bosses require you to lower their def first too. Then Braving four times lets you deal 80K in one turn, on one character. I run two different setups focused around this build--the first uses only one of these, along with a Freelancer @ Singing, a Vampire @ Medicine, and a Ninja @ Spiritism. Using Stillness to safely set buffs, with Giant's Draft to live powerful hits, and Mimic Hero to keep up Braving four times per turn. The other setup varies a little more, but is three ninja with different secondary abilities so they can buff each other themselves, and a Mimic Hero to fuel their Brave. The second has a lot less defense and is thus riskier, but tears apart anything in just a few turns, dealing about 240K per turn.

...Yes, I put way too much thought into optimizing for a game that doesn't require optimization to beat.

The other is Transistor. I could go really in-depth on my setup and all that, but I think I'll just leave this here instead.

I was pretty much a beast at Halo: Reach and it's easily the game where I had the easiest time being an unstoppable force of nature, which carried over for the brief time I played Halo 4... which I didn't care for.

Right now, I'm pretty fantastic at Red Orchestra 2 and a lot of those hardcore shooters with realistic damage modeling and no arcadey UIs. You know you're having a good game when you have to go run to an ammo depot 3 times in a single life because you ran completely out of ammo defending a capture point.

So far with Mario Kart 8 I'm pretty damn good at taking the lead early and staying there, no matter how many blue shells get launched up my asshole.

One game I really enjoy playing that I only sometimes have moments of brilliance is War of the Vikings, where one of my most memorable kills ever happened. A Saxon player threw a javelin at me, which I blocked with me shield, but the javelin ripped the shield out of my grasp and I was left with my axe. I scrambled to grab my shield again but ended up picking up the javelin that was meant to kill me, and in a snap reflex, I threw it back and impaled the guy who threw it at me through the chest and killed him. It was the most action movie moment ever. It even topped the time where the enemy players were so far away that I had to basically aim 45 degrees upwards and hurled a throwing axe blindly at them and it killed a player by lodging in his head, or where I fought and killed a swarm of 7 players with the most insane amount of successful blocks and parries I ever did in any game ever.

I'm a master of every fighting game ever. Tekken, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, you name it, I probably kick ass at it. I'm particularly proud of my mastery over Ivy Valentine (Soul Calibur); I can actually use the crazy techniques like Summon Suffering/Calamity Symphony in battle without breaking my fingers. I have no life.
Also, Crash Bandicoot. I'm scarily good at Crash Bandicoot games.

Back in high school, we used to play one game. Each player player had a anthr-pillow and had to kill other pillows. You should have seen me, I THE God of pillowkilling.
image2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.