Dem Auto ban Chat Discussions doe

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kame

Original poster
A lot of threads get deleted in this section of the forum, either it be some sort of spam or something outrageously weird. Regardless of the reasoning behind it these discussions get deleted relatively swiftly and although this is a very good trait for a forum and its staff it also leaves us alone to wonder what it was.

This discussion is to ask about them, more importantly what are some of the most craziest threads that you the staff have seen personally in this side of the forum?

Those deleted are all Spam threads filled with numerous, I say, numerous links to Advertisements and products, essentially spam.

For example:
Selena Gomez Newest Album
Jennifer Lopez Latest News
Brad Pitt Marriage Stories
Bla bla bla bla bla
Bla bla bla bla bla
Bla bla bla bla bla
---Continues on until the scroll bar becomes small.

Then they will insert random paragraphs to get past the spam filter such as "He will connect headphone to music such is the life of a baker, bread is very good to life, bla bla bla bla bla bla bla"

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Those deleted are all Spam threads filled with numerous, I say, numerous links to Advertisements and products, essentially spam.

For example:
Bla bla bla bla bla
Bla bla bla bla bla
Bla bla bla bla bla
---Continues on until the scroll bar becomes small.

Then they will insert random paragraphs to get past the spam filter such as "He will connect headphone to music such is the life of a baker, bread is very good to life, bla bla bla bla bla bla bla"
Not all of them is spam, are they? This community cannot possibly be that well behaved. LOL

I'm actively reporting those kind of threads to keep the forum clean. Believe me, ALL (that I've seen) are like that.

Unsavory discussions would just get locked and archived, not deleted.

Not all of them is spam, are they? This community cannot possibly be that well behaved. LOL
From the 5 RP sites I've been active in my RP-ing career, Iwaku's one of the most well-behaved ones. :P

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: ☆Luna☆
"Mommy". That's by far my favorite one. These might be annoying to staff, but they're incredible entertaining to us.

Yea, like Izurich said they're all spam.

And they're not auto-banned.
People like us report the threads to the Staff to take down.

I've reported at least a dozen of them myself.

As for weird threads I've seen?
Charizarding is definitely up there.

The administration doesn't allow for the staff to auto delete non-spam threads. They will be locked if they are problematic, but not auto-deleted. They might after a review then be graveyard-ed. Other than spam NOTHING is deleted. Everything eventually goes to the graveyard.

• Useful
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
OCHA IS CORRECT!

It's ALL SPAM. Spambots get reported and their spam threads deleted.

Problem threads with fights and stuff get LOCKED ONLY. You'll often see a mod message stating why we locked that thread. When real people are banned for being a problem, you'll see a message on their posts that explains exactly why that person got banned. So there's confusion of "omg wut happened".

We ARE surprisingly well behaved. o___o With as many people as we have, I would think we'd have a lot more problems than we do. But it's mostly just people with Opinions pissing each other off in discussion/debate threads, and the occasional dumbass that tries to skirt around the age-group rules.

There have been a feeeew threads that got pretty out of hand.

Back when negative ratings were still a thing, there were a couple of members who had a shitload of negs and they all sourced from usually like one or two threads.

Fortunately negative ratings are gone, and so are those problem members! xD

SO BEHAVE, Y'ALL.

*cracks the whip!*

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
Or don't behave, and accelerate the inevitable. We like that too.

Reactions: Ochalla
There have been a feeeew threads that got pretty out of hand.

Back when negative ratings were still a thing, there were a couple of members who had a shitload of negs and they all sourced from usually like one or two threads.

Fortunately negative ratings are gone, and so are those problem members! xD

SO BEHAVE, Y'ALL.

*cracks the whip!*
I remember there was a guy who had something like 20 negative ratings from just two posts in two different debate threads. That was pretty hardcore.

I remember there was a guy who had something like 20 negative ratings from just two posts in two different debate threads. That was pretty hardcore.
You could say it was, pretty rare.

Was it you, Jorick?

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Nah, I wasn't that cool, I only had something like 15 negative ratings. :(

If I recall correctly, there have been two since I've been on Iwaku. xD

Cause I know a few people who collected the negative ratings.
But I can't think of anyone else who got around 20 in 2 posts alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.