5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Nonbinary
  4. Transgender
  5. No Preferences
Genres
Monsters, supernatural, fantasy, romance, criminality, slice-of-life (modern or set in past, usually with some twists)
delinquents.png

Jasper Davenport was bored.

Okay, maybe that was an understatement. He was excruciatingly bored. There wasn't much you could really do inside a prison when interacting with the other inmates made you feel physically sick. Alas, there was also so much staring at the ceiling above him that he could take, hence why the young man had taken the huge step in venturing into the yard for his recreation time, rather than refuse to leave his cell as he usually did. It was a rarity to have him outside and one that most of the other criminals didn't find intriguing - even by their standards, he was considered strange. They mostly all knew that he was a Davenport, with his family being infamous in Snowvale, and while that would usually mark him out as a target for a beating, he had been able to make a new name for himself in the prison as someone not to mess with.

It was why he was left alone and not bothered with unless he wanted to bother with you, which wasn't often. He hated people, absolutely detested the air most other people breathed.

But boredom had practically forced him into taking extreme measures like this, just to find something to curb the tiresome monotony he was currently overwhelmed with. If he had to go out into the yard, stand at the side and watch other men play a game of basketball, so be it. It was hardly his idea of fun, but it at least gave him something to do, however tedious this also was.

Although, he had to admit he was incredibly taken aback when a young guard, barely a week into the job, had the duty to approach Jasper and inform that he had a visitor. Now, there were two reasons Jasper allowed his robotic expression to switch into shock: 1) visiting hours weren't even on today, and 2) he just... didn't have visitors. In all the 6 years he had been in this adult prison, not one person had come to visit.

He knew it wouldn't be any member of his family. No member of the Davenport family would be caught dead visiting a prison - it was, in their eyes, social suicide. He eventually decided that it was a journalist or someone interested in his story. It was, after all, a pretty intriguing one, if only because he was a Davenport. He'd had journalists try and get into the prison in the past to talk to him but he'd decided not to talk to a single one. However, he also knew the prison warden was easy to bribe - perhaps one idiot journalist had finally worked that out.

So, under the impression that the warden had allowed a journalist in discreetly in exchange for cash, Jasper was all ready to snap at the man or woman to leave; that he didn't want to tell the story of why he'd murdered his little sister. Even though he knew his parents would hate the story in the papers, he didn't really want it out there yet.

However, for the second time that day, he allowed his face to switch into shock. Instead of some ambitious journalist with a nose for an interview nobody had yet managed to get, he saw Sage. Sage. The boy he'd befriended all those years ago, the one he'd made plans with, the ONLY person Jasper ever saw as his equal.

The same man who had become mayor and who Jasper felt had just abandoned him, left him to rot in prison while he hit the high life of becoming somebody in this big city. While Sage was out living a life of luxury, Jasper was in a crappy cell, surrounded by peasants who didn't deserve his company.

So yes, he was pissed off, hence why he sat down opposite him at the table for a face-to-face visit, setting his hands down on the table in front of him with an expressionless look. The two were, in that moment, opposites. In contrast to Sage's smart suit and expensive clothing, Jasper was donning the signature orange jumpsuit. He had bruises and a few cuts from a recent fight he'd reluctantly been involved in and his nails, rather than being perfectly manicured, were bitten down to the quick, rimmed with dried blood.

"...What is it you want? I assume this isn't a social visit," he began coldly, his voice deep and rather... sharp, even if this was the reunion with his dear old friend. He took a moment to examine just how different Sage looked. Not that change was a bad thing - Jasper was well aware he had undergone some huge changes since he last saw Sage. He was a good foot taller, a good deal fitter and his pale skin was covered with tattoos. He could hardly grimace at changes when he'd changed more than anyone had.

"Can we hurry this up? I have a game of basketball out in the yard to watch. You know I adore sports," he continued sarcastically, forcing himself to stay as robotic and as cold as he could, just to make sure Sage realised he was angry. Beyond angry, really. Furious.

Sage Ronni finally found his little Shorty. Sage has been on the search for Jasper Davenport for about a month. Information on him was limited. His powerful family must have made sure that people wouldn't find out a Davenport was in prison. They didn't want to be embarrassed by the monster they once knew as their son. But Sage was the mayor now. He knew he would get his hands on the files that stated where Jasper was. Also, he had the help of the mafia and the police force. You could say that Sage was a powerful man now.

Ever since he was young, Sage wanted nothing more than power. Unlike his dear old friend, he was born to a poverty-stricken teenage mother, who had a drinking and drug problem. His dearest mommy blamed him for all her life problems. Heh, like he asked to be born. Or like he asked her to take care of him. She was a cruel mother, he stole the innocence of his childhood away. She morphed him into this monster he was today. And at the tender age of twelve, he killed her by setting her on fire. He still remembers those screams. He enjoyed hearing it. And after that first act of crime, he promised himself that he would become a powerful man.

He hated how people looked at him. They used to look at Sage like he was scum. Like he was the bottom of the barrel. Sage hated nothing more than those looks. He would make all those people who looked at him that way bow in respect. He had a plan to achieve greatness. And then he met Jasper. His Shorty....well he wasn't short anymore, but back then Jasper was such a short little thing. Sage was a man without feelings. Sure he could act like he cared and had sympathy, but he never really did. But there was one person he cared deeply for. Jasper. Jasper had stolen his heart at such a young age and was so oblivious to it. They were both twelve when Sage fell in love with Jasper. He could drown in those blue eyes and never come back up for air. He adored his rare smiles and burst of giggles. His laugh had such a cute chirp to it. Sage was smitten, and he changed his plans. He would achieve greatness, with Jasper at his side.

But things didn't turn out that way. Jasper and he lost contact somehow. Sage always wondered how it happened. It hurt him dearly, but he had to focus on his goal. He promised once he was mayor of the city, he would find the love of his life so they could rule the city together.

So that's what led him to this prison today. Dressed in a nice tan suit, nice glasses he didn't need, and with his hair smartly styled, he waited anxiously to see his Shorty. He'd been in this prison for the last six years. His poor little Shorty, if only he knew sooner. Sage's hazel eyes looked at his best friend in shock. He has grown up so much over the years. He shot up in height, had muscles, and everything. Sage almost swooned at the sight. How beautiful can this man get? "....The rest of you leave, I would like to speak with him in private." He told the prison guards. They hesitated, but obeyed the man, leaving the two alone in the room. Taking off his glasses, he offered a soft smile. "Shorty, don't be like that. You know I didn't abandon you right? We lost contact. But I'm here today to tell you they'll be releasing you. Today. I bribed the warden, stubborn bastard, but I got him on board. It's time for us to rule the city like we always said we would~ Together~" Cooed the man, moving to rest his hands on top of Jasper's.

Did Jasper want to leave prison? More than anything, of course he wanted to leave. He hated every second he was forced to stomach the prison life. He hated the guards who sneered at him like he was shit on their shoes, he detested the other criminals and he just hated the tiny little cell he was cramped into. He deserved king size beds, luxury and a life of riches. He didn't deserve any of this crap he had put up for for a combined total of 12 years.

So when he scoffed at the offer and shook his head derisively, it was surprising. This was an offer nobody would refuse, but apparently, Jasper was.

"I don't want to accept that. Is that all? Can I go now?" He quipped, folding his arms over his chest with a steely gaze, only relenting when he realised how childish he sounded. "I've been in this shithole for six years," he continued roughly, slamming his hands down onto the table with an angry scowl. "Don't you dare pretend you didn't know I was here. I refuse to believe that. You were too busy fucking around with your fancy new job, living the high life, while I was rotting in here. I shouldn't be anywhere near a prison, I'm... I'm fucking too good for this place. But I'm not going anywhere with you, so trot off and leave me alone. I'm sure you can shove a few thousand into someone's hands to be your new best friend."

"Jasp, I had no clue you were here! Otherwise, I would have been got your ass out!" Growled the man, grimacing at how their reunion turned out to be. Sighing, he pinched the bridge of his nose. "....Jasper I am trying to help you. I'm not leaving you in here. I don't care how mad you are at me, if I have to drag you out I will. You know you are way too good for these...These scumbags to even be breathing the same air as you. You belong in riches, covered in diamonds, platinum, gold, and everything." Looking over at those gorgeous blue eyes that were glaring at him, he couldn't help but feel his heart race. From fear? No, more like excitement.

Standing up from the chair, he walked around the table, before getting on his knees. Jasper was the only man he would bow down to. He would get on his knees and beg for forgiveness from him. This was the love of his life after all. With a playful grin, Sage asked, "do you want me to kiss your feet while I beg you to forgive me? You know I care for you. No one else is even worth my time. So forgive me and come live lavish with me~ You can have whatever you want, and do whatever you want~"

"Get off the floor, do you know how degrading that is? You don't need to do that, get up before someone sees you. Are you deranged? You're the mayor, have some decorum and common sense. Mayors don't bow down and kneel before anyone-- though I admit, maybe I'm an exception. I am fabulous," the tattooed man grinned, mostly before he could help himself - and the smile vanished quickly when he realised he had broken the deadpan expression. He wanted to continue to be stubborn, to be a thorn in the other's side, but it was rather difficult to do that when the only person he liked in the whole goddamn world was in front of him, willing to belittle himself to win his trust and friendship back.

As cold as Jasper could often be, it was almost impossible to do so with Sage. He'd barely smiled once in six years, uttered a maximum of twenty words, and yet Sage had managed to achieve both those things in little more than a minute.

"...I want a suit. I assume you've already got one ready for me. I want a watch, a Rolex. And I want to go out to dinner somewhere nice tonight. I want the newspapers to pick up on the fact I'm out of prison, Sage. I want to start a buzz in this miserable little city. I want people to realise that I'm back, you know? So if you can promise all of that, I'll willingly come," he decided, cracking his knuckles with a faint smile he was unable to wipe off completely. "Now get up off the floor, would you? I want to know how you've been. You look well, at least."

"Consider all of that done." Cackled the older man. He was only older than him by a few months, but as children, he liked to stress that point across to his Shorty. Standing up, his long fingers picked a piece of lint off of his suit. "How I've been? Hmm...Now that well. Stressed really. But now that I've got my Shorty be my side, I've never been better~" Sage had his confession all planned out. He'll drop hints all this week, and come Friday when he takes him out for dinner, he'll tell him his feelings. Jasper will have to love him back~!

Moving to run his fingers through Jasper's hair, he thought to himself how he needed a good haircut. "We can talk once you're out of here. You need a trimming...And a proper manicure." He mumbled, taking his hands, examining his nails. "Nothing I can't fix~! Don't worry your pretty little head about it~!" Pulling out his phone, he made a few calls. He switched back to his cold and demanding self, telling him how he needed a new suit, a hair appointment, and so forth. While he was on the phone he would touch Jasper, telling the people on the phone his measurements. Once he was done, he made Jasper stand up. "Let's get you out of this place. Alright! You can come back in!" He called to the guards outside the room.

The prison guards, who got word that Jasper was being released, came in and took Jasper to go fill out some forms.

He found it all rather... impressive. He knew that Sage was a psychopath, that much had been obvious to him when they were young teenagers and Sage could manipulate some of the older kids into giving their lunches to them. He'd seen him in action before, but this was a whole new level. Sage was powerful now, he had responsibilities and duties and it was incredibly intriguing to watch him assert his authority. Frankly, Jasper was glad he was his friend because, from how cold Sage could turn in seconds, he'd hate to be his enemy.

Forcing himself not to snap when he was touched, it was something he wasn't comfortable with. He didn't like physical contact and while he had happily held hands with Sage when they were younger, he hadn't seen him in 6 years. It was hard to suddenly slip right back into how close they had been-- but he was definitely going to try because he had missed his friend. He felt like they were two sides of the same coin; so different but so similar too, and incomplete without one another.

And boy, was he looking forward to this city discovering that he was back and back with a vengeance. He wasn't going to slip into the shadows and live his life quietly. Psh, not at all. He was a Davenport, and he was going to own that.

"Can we leave now? I need to get out of these clothes, Sage," he tutted once returning from filling the forms out, grimacing at his current attire. "I want to burn them. I don't think it's dramatic at all-- but you've always had a flair for the theatrical, so I suppose you'd approve."

"Of course, we can burn them in the fireplace, or make a firepit in my backyard. Whatever you want, Jasper~" Cooed the man, before leading him out the prison. There a black Rolls Royce was parked waiting for them. A chauffeur was standing outside of the car, opening the car door for the two. Sliding in after Jasper, he grabbed a bottle of wine that was sitting in ice. Popping it open, he drank from the bottle, before handing it over to Jasper so he could drink to.

"Alright first, we're going to your hair appointment and nail appointment. Then we're going shopping for you, and then we'll get you all dressed, okay Shorty?" He cooed smiling brightly at him. "You'll be back like you never left~" And the entire day was spent pampering his Shorty. Shopping for him, taking him to a spa, everything to get him all cleaned up and prim. And now, the two sat at a five-star restaurant. Sage smiled at Jasper, adoring how cleaned and rich he looked. "Order whatever you want, Shorty."

"I do wish you would stop calling me that. It's a nice nickname if I were short but I'm not. I don't know if you've noticed, Sage, but if you took one second out from your constant rambling, perhaps you'd notice the fact that I've grown? Honestly, calm yourself down. Yes, I know you're happy we're back together, my company has that effect on people, but just... relax. We're in a fine establishment," tutted the other boy, albeit with a quiet smile on his face. After all, he had been brought up dining at these restaurants. He may have a new... alternative image that didn't quite fit in with the posh gentleman sat around him, but this was where Jasper belonged. He was a Davenport - he oozed class. His tattoos didn't for one second change who he was.

Straightening his tie, the man quietly eyed the nearby table and smiled to himself when he realised nobody was staring. That meant nobody recognised him-- and why would they? The last time his face had been seen around the town, he'd been a short, skinny 12 year old kid. Now, he was a tall, muscular, tattooed man - he didn't expect many people to know him. Not yet, at least.

"This is fabulous, Sage. I adore this place," gushed the other man as he let his blue eyes settle back on his old friend opposite him. "...I must say, I'm so proud of you. I didn't doubt you for one second when you said you'd be big in this town, but I am still so... proud of you. Gosh, I'm best friends with the mayor of this city... It's so nice to say that. You can do better than this, though, and I'm going to help you. We'll double your money within the year, that's my prediction."

"We think so much alike, Jasp~" Cooed the man, smirking brightly at him. "I'm not stopping at being mayor, I'm running for governor. Soon we'll have this entire state under our command." Sage always included Jasper into his plans. Jasper was his lover, not that the man knew this yet. But Sage was always going to include him in future plans. "And I was thinking about buying Future Industries. I want to become the CEO of that company. It may be a small company now, but I know it'll grow. If I buy it, then I can turn it into a multimillion-dollar company." Smirked the man as he sipped at his champagne.

His discolored eyes never left Jasper. He looked so beautiful. So happy and relaxed. A complete 180 from the way his face was this morning. He was so angry with him. It was almost adorable. "It's great to have you back Jasper. I'll show you around the office tomorrow morning. I'll get a desk for you set up in our office. Of course, I want you working with me. You're my brains~" He praised, smiled brightly at him.

"You're doing yourself a disservice. You're smart. Incredibly so. You're the only equal I have, Sage, don't put yourself down. I think we're both the brains in this operation," responded the younger of the two, calmly resting his hand on the flute of his champagne glass, his own eyes lightly examining how different his friend was. He had his own various tattoos now, but just the way the man held himself was different. He was so confident, so aware of himself. He knew people were looking at him, and he just sat there so coolly that it made Jasper smile.

This was how he wanted Sage to be. He believed so much in him that he was so proud to see him finally get himself a place on the societal ladder-- and hell, he was beyond pleased that his friend wasn't planning to stop. Frankly, as good as mayor was, Governor would be better, and Jasper was perfectly happy to assist him in getting there. He didn't need to be the one who became Governor or held these positions - just having his surname was enough. Sage, on the other hand, had had a terrible childhood, so maybe Jasper was being kind by allowing his best friend to take the glory-- but he didn't mind so much. Sage deserved everything he was getting, and Jasper was perfectly happy to assist him.

"Look at us, hmm? We make a great pair~" His first hint. He would drop little hints like this all week, so Jasper would know he liked him. But..Jasper was a bit dense to things like this. So Sage knew he had to tell him, but the timing wasn't right. Today was their first day back together. But even though Sage wanted to just jump into a relationship with him, Jasper wouldn't want that. He had to warm him up to the idea first.

The next day, Sage showed him around the office as promised. His office was nice, something straight out of a commercial. He told someone to set up another desk in his personal office, so he and Jasper could work side by side. As he was showing him around the building, his secretary, Amelia, strolled up to him. She had short fluffy dark blonde hair, that sat just above her shoulders. She had two green eyes, not that shocking green, just a light simple green. Under her eyes were softly dusted freckles. They were cute. The girl was pretty, but not glamorously so. Just a nice, average simple pretty. A refreshing type of pretty. "Mr. Ronni, you have a three o clock meeting today, it'd be wise not to miss this." She reminded, handing over the documents that had details about the meeting.

Taking the documents, he looked over them, grunting his reply. "Hmm..." Was his only answer.

Her green eyes looked at the tall man standing next to him. "Who's this, Mr. Ronni? I've never seen him before."

"This is Jasper. Jasper, this is Amelia. A secretary. She's great at getting work done." He mumbled a...compliment? Sort of. It kind of sound sarcastic. 710a5c886be92847e10e2cfbe7c3c193-dap953q.jpg

All Jasper wanted to do was get down to business, if he was honest. After all that time he had spent stuck behind a cell, doing nothing but grow angrier because he had nothing to do but think about the injustices in his life, he wanted to throw himself into work. he wanted to help his friend become Governor one day and he also wanted his parents, and his wider family, begin to panic.

The Davenports ran Snowvale-- at least, they did before Sage turned up and began to take away their influences on people. The Davenport family weren't criminals. They weren't involved with the mafia and they definitely didn't use their power the way Sage did, but they still had a huge influence and reputation on the city. Until Sage became Mayor and began to buy people with cash and frighten them with threats. Knowing this, Jasper wanted to increase Sage's influence around the city, make sure that they listened to him more than the Davenports. He wanted his parents to lose everything they had, and it may take some time, but it would all be worth it in the end.

It was why he grew annoyed at the grand tour. He just wanted to sit at his desk, admire how far he'd come in such a short few days, and get down to it. So when some irritating little woman headed in and diverted the attention, he was all ready to grimace and glare at her in his usually cold, angry sort of way--

Until his eyes landed on her. Sure, she was glamorous or strikingly beautiful but, to Jasper, she was incredibly attractive. Jasper wasn't someone who had crushes or found people attractive. He really never found his eye drifting to a cute guy or girl, but suddenly, and all at once, he was struck hard. Rising from his seat clumsily, dropping a few papers in the process, he cussed under his breath at how stupid he thought he looked, hurriedly and haphazardly collecting them with one hand while the other hand shot out to introduce himself.

"Jasper Davenport," he smiled quietly, his eyes never really leaving hers. "You work for the Mayor? That's... he's a fabulous person, you have a good job. "Amelia... I knew a girl called Amelia once, she was pretty like you too."

What the fuck did he just say?

Sage stared at Jasper shocked. He never called anyone pretty. At least not from what he heard of. Jasper...Jasper couldn't possibly like this girl did he? She wasn't even cute! She...She was....Ugly! Her hair looked like straw, her nose was just way too thin, she was just fucking gross all the way around! Sage was sick with jealousy as he saw Amelia began to smile at the compliment.

"Why thank you Mr. Davenport....Davenport? You must be related to the famous Davenport family, aren't you? Well, I'm glad to have you here with us. We should go for coffee sometime." She offered, thinking Jasper too was attractive. And it would be nice to get to know an attractive man.

"Amelia, get to work. Mr. Davenport is busy thank you." Sage bitterly hissed, his glare hard on her. Amelia almost squeaked from the hard glare. She nodded quickly and left the office in a rush. Sage then turned his stare to Jasper, wanting to choke the shit out of him. No, no, he couldn't do that....But Jasper just flirted with that fucking whore in front of him! But...But he didn't know that they were a couple yet, so he didn't really cheat on him...But he still wanted to slap the shit out of him.

"...You don't really think Amelia is pretty, do you?" He asked with a slight laugh in his voice.

Staring after the girl, he forced himself out of the slight trance he had been in to straighten the papers against the desk, answering the question initially with a laugh of his own. It was only when he sat down at his desk chair again that he really was forced to think about the question. It was true that he'd never called anyone pretty before, and honestly, that girl was so beneath him! She was far from Davenport standards. She was some pathetic secretary he shouldn't even look twice at.

Yet, he knew he had done more than look twice. He'd stared at her, smiled at her, found himself completely enthralled by her sheer proximity to him. Purely and simply, he rather liked the girl. Something about her drew him in. She made him feel, and it was hard to make Jasper feel something if he thought you were beneath him, other than anger and negative emotions. She had made him feel... happy, strangely contented. It wasn't a feeling he was comfortable or accustomed with, but he couldn't deny its existence in him.

"...She's rather pretty, don't you think? Don't fret, I'm focused on work," he sighed, assuming the other's irritation was in fear Jasper wouldn't be able to focus on work. "We're going to make you Governor by Christmas, and we'll have my parents frothing at the mouth in anger-- invite them to your Halloween bash. I want them to attend. They'll never turn down an invitation to a high social function, and I'd love to see their faces drop when I'm there. Does... Do you invite your staff to these parties, the people who work for you here in the building?"

"No. They're beneath me." He instantly hissed. Who knew exactly who Jasper wanted to see. He wanted to see Amelia at the Halloween Bash. Anger and jealousy swirled in the very pit of him as he sat on his own desk, glancing over his papers. On the outside, he was calm and collected. But on the inside, he wanted to through a rampage. He wanted to throw things, smash heads, shoot people. He wanted that damned Amelia dead! How fucking dare she, waltz in like she owned the place and take JAsper's attention! Jasp...Jasp never looked at him like that. Not even once.

He felt something inside of him he hadn't felt in a very long time. Sadness. Glancing over at Jasper, he grimaced a bit at remembering how he...Smiled at her. When they first met it took Jasper months to crack his first smile at him! Clenching his fist he tried not to think about it, looking back to his papers. But how could he not think about it?! He didn't plan for this! This wasn't supposed to be happening! Jasper was supposed to be falling for him!

He had to take Amelia out of the mix. But he couldn't just kill her....Jasper would hate him for it. Besides, she was a good secretary, he didn't want to go through hiring another one...If things got worst though, he would have to have her killed. Jasper was his, and he would be damned if anyone stole his Shorty away from him.

"...Mm, I suppose you're right. They are awful, aren't they?" He smirked, hoping to see an identical expression rise on his friend's face, but when no such thing occurred and all he received back was that cold, calm and collected frown, Jasper's brow lifted curiously. Sage would always delight when Jasper smiled, and now he was just... ignoring that, not bothering to smile back at him? Jasper, as dim as he was when it came to romance, had no idea why that was. All he knew is that his friend wasn't himself.

"Hey, what's wrong? Is it me talking about my parents? Not that that should upset you, I would have thought you'd love to invite them. You're a marvellous actor, it would be hilarious to watch you charm them and then introduce me to them. It'd be dramatic, and we both love our drama, don't we?" He questioned, turning around in his chair to glance over at him, his ice blue eyes not moving at all away from the other's. "They don't have to come if you think it's a bad idea. I suppose... maybe it's too soon yet. I want to savour this, you know? I want to take my time, break them down slowly-- you're right, it's a bad idea to invite them, I'm getting carried away."

He wanted to tell them that wasn't it, that Amelia was the problem, but that would result in him telling his feelings to Jasper. And he couldn't do that yet. This was only his second day of having him back. He could scare Jasper away with the confession right now. He just had to go according to plan and make sure Amelia and Jasper didn't bond or see each other anymore. That would be simple enough. Offering a half-hearted smile he nodded. "We should wait until I'm Governor. When I'm Governor, I'll introduce you to them, and we can laugh at their shocked faces. It'll be fun~"

Jasper cared about him, that much Sage could tell. But Sage had to woo Jasper more. Take him to nice places, spoil him, get him every little thing he wants. Once Jasper really starts to like him, that's when he'll tell him. And that should be this friday~ Amelia, that skanky bitch will not ruin his plans. Jasper was his, and his alone. "We make such a good pair~" Cooed Sage again.

"Of course we're a good pair. You're my equal, Sage. I've always said it. Besides, even if I hated you, I'm not stupid enough to admit it. Maybe I'm playing you. Maybe I simply hate your guts but am just so scared of you that I won't admit it," answered the man with a scary amount of seriousness to his tone-- though he indicated that he was only playing around with a very faint smile. He wasn't the most expressive person in the world, after all, but he was surprisingly expressive with Sage, in relative doses.

And Amelia. That girl had made him smile within seconds simply because she looked at him but he didn't want to think about that. It wasn't a situation he was comfortable with just yet. He hated talking to people, physically hated it, and yet he'd been willing to touch her and shake her hand. It was all too... odd.

He didn't like hearing that. Even though he knew his best friend was joking, it still hurt Sage. "...You wound me, love, don't joke like that. This old man's heart can't take it~" He stated in a teasing voice, winking at him. "We should get to business hmm? We have so much to discuss. We should plan your meeting with your family once I take everything from them. I want everything they have. Even the clothes off their backs."