DELETE

Status
Not open for further replies.
nope they said that I have to credit each individual post if it not mine - putting it in the start of the thread ain't enough...

nope they said that I have to credit each individual post if it not mine - putting it in the start of the thread ain't enough...
Yeah just put at the bottom of your posts if you mention anything from the movie site or quizz. Just put every time and your covered

Content mentioned or copied in post may have come from Harry Potter site, Quizz, movies or books.

IMG_20180512_8778.jpg
Any way moving on Look Kitty cat and it is my cat not copied so did not come from a site

Last edited:
Alright, guys. There appears to be a huge misunderstanding going on about how we want this handled.

1. We are NOT asking you guys to credit images. No one thinks you own any of the images in this thread, because everyone knows most RPers use uncredited images for reference pictures. Image crediting is always nice and encouraged and appreciated, but not required. We only worry about images when you are explicitly claiming they are your own art when they are in fact not, or if the image owner asks us to have them removed/credited. That's not the case here.

2. We are NOT asking you to credit the makers of the quizzes. Linking to the quizzes establishes a source for the quizzes. We are not asking you to cite every site you looked up info on, either; this isn't school.

3. We are NOT asking you to credit every little aspect of Harry Potter that you've borrowed from the books/movies. Having a fandom tag on your thread is all you need to do to establish that your roleplay is based on a book/movie. It's as simple as that.

The only issue in this thread is the entire blocks of text taken from other sites. This is a text-based site, so unlike with images, the assumption is you write your own content. When you quote another site, then, you have to say "I took this specific text from this other site", whether it's a Wiki page or Pottermore or a quiz. That's why a blanket "Some text or content might be taken from elsewhere" is not okay. If it's from the quiz results, sticking the copied text in quotation marks and adding "text taken from this quiz" (with the name/link to the quiz) is all you have to do.

For you guys, this means that we need you to do this in every place where you've copied a wand description, wand wood description, wand core description, or Patronus meaning description from your quizzes or other sites. Some of you have already complied with that exact request with absolutely no fuss. If you feel that this is really too unreasonable of us to ask, I'll lock this thread and you can find another site to RP on. This is not a new rule; we have always and always will ask people to credit text when we find that it's been taken from other sources and is not the poster's own work. As a site with a focus on writing, that's important to us. We figure people here wouldn't want their posts being used without credit, so writers from elsewhere should get the same common courtesy.

If you don't want to credit things, don't copy-and-paste text. Write descriptions yourself.

Confusion about the rules and what we've asked for aside, it is not acceptable to disrespect the moderators. If you have an issue with how something is handled, contact an administrator. Do not post in a public thread complaining about what you were asked to do and making passive-aggressive comments. It's inappropriate, causes a disruptive and uncomfortable environment, and spreads misinformation based on misunderstandings. Warning points have been issued accordingly for this behavior; these do not affect your account, and are for record purposes only.

Let me know how you would like to proceed. If you have any further questions, please PM me.

well maybe if things was explained like that then maybe i wouldn't have gotten so pissed but no it wasn't! https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/conversations/good-afternoon.221473/ read the message for yourself; I don't get why I was given a WARNING point without any sort of explanation, but you know what that's fine

Hi there. I'm sorry Turtle's message confused you, but if you find a moderator's explanation confusing, the correct thing to do is to ask for clarification or go up the chain of command by contacting an admin directly. For the record, you can't link people to Inbox Conversations unless they are a participant, so I can't view that link; I am, however, aware of the contents of the conversation.

As to your warning point, I issued the warning point along with this explanation above.

Alright, guys. There appears to be a huge misunderstanding going on about how we want this handled.

1. We are NOT asking you guys to credit images. No one thinks you own any of the images in this thread, because everyone knows most RPers use uncredited images for reference pictures. Image crediting is always nice and encouraged and appreciated, but not required. We only worry about images when you are explicitly claiming they are your own art when they are in fact not, or if the image owner asks us to have them removed/credited. That's not the case here.

2. We are NOT asking you to credit the makers of the quizzes. Linking to the quizzes establishes a source for the quizzes. We are not asking you to cite every site you looked up info on, either; this isn't school.

3. We are NOT asking you to credit every little aspect of Harry Potter that you've borrowed from the books/movies. Having a fandom tag on your thread is all you need to do to establish that your roleplay is based on a book/movie. It's as simple as that.

The only issue in this thread is the entire blocks of text taken from other sites. This is a text-based site, so unlike with images, the assumption is you write your own content. When you quote another site, then, you have to say "I took this specific text from this other site", whether it's a Wiki page or Pottermore or a quiz. That's why a blanket "Some text or content might be taken from elsewhere" is not okay. If it's from the quiz results, sticking the copied text in quotation marks and adding "text taken from this quiz" (with the name/link to the quiz) is all you have to do.

For you guys, this means that we need you to do this in every place where you've copied a wand description, wand wood description, wand core description, or Patronus meaning description from your quizzes or other sites. Some of you have already complied with that exact request with absolutely no fuss. If you feel that this is really too unreasonable of us to ask, I'll lock this thread and you can find another site to RP on. This is not a new rule; we have always and always will ask people to credit text when we find that it's been taken from other sources and is not the poster's own work. As a site with a focus on writing, that's important to us. We figure people here wouldn't want their posts being used without credit, so writers from elsewhere should get the same common courtesy.

If you don't want to credit things, don't copy-and-paste text. Write descriptions yourself.

Confusion about the rules and what we've asked for aside, it is not acceptable to disrespect the moderators. If you have an issue with how something is handled, contact an administrator. Do not post in a public thread complaining about what you were asked to do and making passive-aggressive comments. It's inappropriate, causes a disruptive and uncomfortable environment, and spreads misinformation based on misunderstandings. Warning points have been issued accordingly for this behavior; these do not affect your account, and are for record purposes only.

Let me know how you would like to proceed. If you have any further questions, please PM me.

If you would please let me know whether or not this thread needs to be locked, this situation can be considered resolved. If you have any comments besides that, please PM me.

I politely told @Astaroth that if the only way to consider this situation resolved was to lock this group then just delete all links to go with it because everything has become too much of a hassle anyways!

Status
Not open for further replies.