Déjà vu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mishka grinned widely as the wolf gave up the first treat to him. Mishka popped it in his mouth with a hum of pleasure, eating the gooey treat and trying not to make a mess of his fur but with both caramel and chocolate and not to mention the marshmallow it was a bit of a lost cause. "Mmm that really really is good!" He tossed his head back and finished off the rest of s'more.

"That is a clever recipe you got there. I wouldn't have thought of it myself, but wow. That's really good. Gourmet s'mores." He laughed softly and found his water to wash it down. "Don't worry about me overdoing it, I've learned my lesson my Halloween's and Easter's long passed." He smiled and threaded another marshmallow onto the stick. "This one is for you."

Mishka was surprised at how much he liked Beau's company. Because he really really did, the wolf was kind and funny and had good taste in chocolate... He tried to tell his brain to focus on roasting the hot dog for now though. Mishka decided that he'd clearly read too many romance novels...

Beau was happy that Mishka liked the creation. "Yeah well you see I was bored and just tried it one day in my apartment. I like to mess around with food and see what happens. Ever put chocolate syrup on cool whip?" He laughed. "It's a fun mess when you're craving something sweet at 4 a.m." Beau gave Mishka a glance and finished his hot dog.

"So yeah… I kinda have random eating habits. So what are you plans for being up here? I mean you and your friends and all?" He wasn't trying to pry he also just didn't want to be in the way them. "I was just going to work on a few stories while I was up here. Just kill sometime and have something to take back with me just because. I mean I honestly can't help myself. I have to do something" He let out a small chuckle and felt like he was rambling and cleared his throat. Being clearly nervous now he stared into the fire.

Mishka shook his head. "I'm normally asleep at 4 A.M. but coolwhip and chocolate syrup sound like a sundae without the ice cream and sprinkles." He chuckled. "No cherry either." The newly roasted marshmallow was settled on it's bed of graham cracker and chocolate and caramel bar. It was smushed by another graham cracker and put on Beau's plate.

"I think it's cool you're so adventurous with food." Mishka offered. "I'm not really that adventurous..." He smiled over at the Wolf before looking back into the fire pit in thought. What was he doing out here? He hadn't went camping since he was just little and really he didn't know. "I don't know... I was just going to read and maybe swim or tube in the river... Be lazy as possible, you know?" He chuckled softly. "Sometimes we just need a break, or I just need a break really, I guess..." Mishka found himself fighting a yawn.

Beau was licking his paw all too soon and the yummy treat was gone. He tossed the paper plate into the fire and it curled up to its flaking death. "Well I better get back. I know it's a little strange for me to be here with your friends and all. I can see your trying not to yawn." He chuckled. "I'm sleepy and hope I can find my way back." He fumbled around for his flashlight and couldn't find it.

"Ok I know it's here somewhere" He muttered under his breath as he tried to use the fire light to help him. The warmth of the fire started to fade as they had let the flames slowly die down. It was late after all.

Mishka raised an eyebrow at the fumbling tired wolf. He'd gotten lost earlier when he was fully awake, Mishka wondered if Beau could get back on his own... "You don't have your GPS do you?" He snagged the Wolf's hand with a smile. "I've got an extra sleeping bag if you want to head back in the morning." Of course he had packed it for a little extra cushion from the ground but now it all seemed right. Like things had aligned just so he could ask Beau to sleep over.

Someone he barely knew. He wanted to know him though.

"Besides, you know the locals say we have to stay together at night if we go out... They prefer us not to be out though, don't they?" He looked at his friend's tents, his brows drawing up into an amused line. "As soon as they ate they went to bed, isn't that odd?" Mishka wrapped his arms and tail around his legs, tucking his chin to his knees.

"It's worse in town though... Being out at night sets them all on edge and it's getting worse the later in the year it is." Mishka turned his large catty eyes up at Beau and blinked. "So you should stay."

Beau was tired and couldn't turn down the sweet feline. The thought of missing out on his warm bed was tugging at him but he would get over it. "Ok, one night. Then you can stay with me. A trade if you will. The cabin has another bunk I think. I didn't really check out much before I started to wonder around. It belongs to my…" he yawned and stretched. "What was I saying?

He laughed and yawned again. "No matter and sleeping back or not my jacket is pretty thick." Smiling at Mishka he wasn't sure what to do. "So um… which one is yours?" he asked as the fire fizzled out and he fumbled to turn on the flashlight before they were cast into complete blackness.

Mishka nodded and chuckled softly. "I won't let you sleep on the ground. Or get yourself lost again." He teased and stood, making his way over to his tent. Being a cat, his eyes were sharp in the dying fire light and even sharper with the thin beam of the flashlight. He unzipped his tent and ducked in to pull the extra sleeping bag out from under the other one and lay it next to the other one.

He pulled off his shoes before crawling the rest of the way in the tent. Clearly Mishka liked his comforts, he had a small harem of pillows and a few little blankets. "I know it's not a bed but... and sure, if you want me I'll stay a night over at the cabin. I like cabins. Uhm." He settled a pillow on the sleeping bag.

"What do you think? About the locals? About the myths and legends here?" Mishka shivered, his tail poofing up a bit. "Have you been here for a winter yet? It's... It's so.... weird."

Beau got in next to him after doing the same with his boots. He had to sit and untie then with a bit more effort but he was in. After zipping the tent up and making sure they were safely inside he flopped down next to Mishka and yawned. "Well yeah folks here have some weird rituals that's for sure. You know that you mention it I've always gone back into the city to visit my folks. It's too much work to be out here with all the snow and shoveling the sidewalks and stuff. I come back a little but not much. They often tease me and call me a snow bird. I don't like it much."

Another yawn followed and he rubbed his eyes. Reaching over and patting Mishka on the head and tussling up his fur a bit in a playful manor he chuckled. "Your sweet kid, no let's get some shut eye before the hala's get us." Beau grabbed a pillow and curled up. His large fluffy tail swept near Mishka's body. Beaus larger form gave off a lot of heat for the little tent and in no time it was nice and cozy in the there. He wasn't even in the sleeping bag all the way. He was just on top of it. With a blanket half pulled over his legs.

Status
Not open for further replies.