Defense of Legends

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Archwar

Original poster
[BCOLOR=transparent]Slowly you came to, opening your eyes to see a starry night filled with bright lights. Looking around you see other people, some familiar, others not so. Some even look beastly or inhumane. It also appeared everyone was in a stadium of somekind, though no soul filled the seats. A voice then greeted you from above and looking up, you saw a robed man. The darkness concealed his face, but guessing from the voice, it sounded old. The man then spoke once more, in a polite and kind tone.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Welcome everyone. I do sincerely hope you all made it through the rifts fine and that all are not annoyed by the sudden intrusion to their daily lives, whatever it maybe petting or kicking the dog, going out with your friends, chasing a lover, or waging a war, but all things must change. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]First, let me introduce myself. I am Master Guardian Attila, leader of the Guardians who have watched the Multiverse for countless eons. We have nudged your species towards intelligence then leaving you to your own devices and sometimes even intervening to stop events so catastrophic that it would destroy the Multiverse. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Now, since some of you are probably wondering, well what event is so catastrophic that a powerful race has gathered all of us here for. To tell you the truth, there is no problem whatsoever. Recently, one of our own kept throwing ideas against the wall and one stuck so well that many of us thought it was a great idea. Why wage wars where countless die needlessly? Why bicker over idle disputes? Why should the innocent suffer the evil? Well, some of you may know or saw what was coming, but I'm going to tell you anyways.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]We have decided to form a 'Game' where you, the Champions, fight in MOBA styled combat. Do not fret if you know not what this is, it will come naturally to you and things shall be explained and no one shall die in these matches either. The objective of this Game is to settle disputes where Champions fight alongside allies against an opposing team. Of course, we are not forcing you into this so you may leave at anytime you wish and do whatever you want, [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]AS LONG AS IT IS IN YOUR OWN UNIVERSE. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]We will not stop you, but things will calm down in your homes and it may even bring wonders you could not imagine. Maybe make friends, enemies, or loves if you stay. Anything is possible really, so, are you ready for the Defense of Legends?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Summary [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Hello everyone! Thanks for stopping by and if you skipped or skim the introduction(which I worked really hard on T-T) here's a summary of what's going on.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Godlike beings called the Guardians have taken Canon characters from their respective Universes and decided to create a game called Defense of Legends in a MOBA style. Don't worry, it's not always go to the enemy base and destroy their spawns! There'll be variations which you will find out in the IC. OC characters are allowed, but they must not equal or outnumber the Canon characters. The Guardians have also sealed certain powers during the matches to ensure fairness, but out of the Arena, don't go around poking Cthulhu. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Also, there'll be a story to this as to why the Guardians have created this game, which must be found out by the players. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Outside of the Arena there'll be stuff to do like random events, shops, and quests. Certain NPCs and events may advance the story and characters can choose to do these. They may also choose to watch battle matches. There'll be a lot more than just your typical 'fight'.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]So, who's interested in joining? [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] [/BCOLOR]

Seems promising. I'll keep an eye on this in case others are interested.

Reactions: Archwar
Sounds like a lighthearted, fun romp. No deaths and any related darkness necessary? I'm really digging that. It's like a multiverse-wide Super Robot Wars, except with 90% less robots, which I am still totally cool for.

Can you explain the "[BCOLOR=transparent]AS LONG AS IT IS IN YOUR OWN UNIVERSE"[/BCOLOR] thing, though? Does that mean a character can't visit and relax in another character's home universe? As in, medieval warrior guy can't go on a hardware-shopping spree in bustling twentieth-something century era? Or we can, but we only get to control the character himself?

Seems promising. I'll keep an eye on this in case others are interested.
Thanks for showing interest!

Sounds like a lighthearted, fun romp. No deaths and any related darkness necessary? I'm really digging that. It's like a multiverse-wide Super Robot Wars, except with 90% less robots, which I am still totally cool for.

Can you explain the "[BCOLOR=transparent]AS LONG AS IT IS IN YOUR OWN UNIVERSE"[/BCOLOR] thing, though? Does that mean a character can't visit and relax in another character's home universe? As in, medieval warrior guy can't go on a hardware-shopping spree in bustling twentieth-something century era? Or we can, but we only get to control the character himself?

Hopefully no deaths unless one of the players decides to kill off their characters for whatever reason and don't worry about OH THE MULTIVERSE IS BEING INVADED BY GIANT FLEAS! Though, the hidden story will have mentions of past events that did do such things, they won't effect the main game.

For the Own Universe thing, it means you can't go into another character's Universe and say,"Oh, I think I'll take over this world!" In the beginning, players won't be able to visit the other Universes. Eventually they'll be allowed once the Guardians have gauged each character's response to this and once allowed, they'll be 'tagged' to be kept under supervision so they don't plan on taking over the Multiverse. Been there, done that many times.

Though it would be a twist if a player thought why not have the Joker try to become the new god of the Multiverse! XD

You know how you said it's not a good idea to poke Cthulhu? I plan to play as his half-brother. Is that okay?

Yes you can, but as previously mentioned in the Arena, that character's more powerful abilities will be sealed to ensure fairness, but off the Arena all, but the most destructive powers are allowed. Still, the rule of Mary Sue/Gary Stu and Godmodding still apply so I trust that players can properly handle such characters since Iwaku(most of the time) contain sensible people. But I will bring the hammer down if that trust is broken and 'God' characters will be dispatched.

Other than that I hope you enjoy what I whipped up!

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
I'll be properly conservative of my powers unless otherwise provoked, I promise. }:)

Alright, here's the App so you may create characters in advance which will act like reservations for characters. If you happen to not post within three days of when the IC starts and you have not informed the GMs, the reservation will be revoked. This also gives me a chance to look through the characters to determine if I should modify the App or not so you can create characters now if you want!

[BCOLOR=transparent]Name:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Canon Origin:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Type: Is the character a ranged, brawler, support, mage, healer etc.? Hybrids are a mix between the two.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Stats: [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent] HP: Determines how much damage a character can take before being O.K.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent] MP: Interchangeable with stamina and what not. The amount of energy used to cast abilities.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent] Speed: How fast a character can go.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent] Armor: Blocks a certain amount of physical damage[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent] Willpower: Blocks a certain amount of mental damage[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent] MP Regen: How much a character regens their Energy per post [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Appearance:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Description: Further stuff like backstory, likes and dislikes, fears, etc. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent][BCOLOR=transparent]Abilities can be switched out at any time except during matches. This is to add a layer of unpredictability for the characters. Before switching out, you must post the ability description such as if it's a passive,active, or Ultimate, their respective cooldowns(this will be done through posts which are only yours not another players), and their effect. They can also be upgraded during matches. Passive will have five levels, all three active will have five, and Ultimate will have three.[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]

Status
Not open for further replies.