DedtooXEpitaphQueen

Something was thrashing on top of the Lizardkin, waking him. It took him a few moments for him to understand what was going on, but as soon as he did, he shook the angel in his arms, trying to wake her. "Hey Adaire! Wake up!"

As she woke up she let out a piercing scream and then put her head in her hands. She was breathing heavily and shaking with fear. She slowly looked up at him wide eyed. Tears stained her face and she was covered with a cold sweat. "I...I..." She threw her arms around his neck and cuddled close to him.

"Whoa, whoa, hey... Whats wrong little angel?" He asked, slowly stroking her back around her wings. He couldn't say he'd ever seen anyone in that bad a mood when waking up. Sure, he wasn't exactly one who loved mornings, yet he was certainly not this bad. "Having some bad dreams, are you? Gotta be pretty damn bad to get you this teared up." He kept stroking her, yet held her tighter, both with his hands and his tail.

She pulled him even closer. There was now no room between them and she finally stopped trying to get closer. "It was only a dream. I think because I was so eager to help you get home that I started thinking about my home... And the day I was cast out."

"Poor little thing..." He said, obviously sad for her. "It's okay. Zerdu is here to keep you safe and to give his fellow banished a place to hide." He kept stroking her back and even rubbing up the base of her wings a bit with some strokes. "Nobody is gonna banish you anywhere anymore."

She sniffled and pulled away from his embrace slightly rubbing her eyes. "I am sorry for that. I just had a bad dream, it won't happen again." She smiled appreciatevly and kissed his cheek. "Thank you for comforting me."

Once more she kissed his cheek, and once more, he blushed from it. "Hey, its fine. We all have bad dreams at times. And what should I have done? Thrown the weeping angel off me? I can't just throw a crying woman off me. Or any woman who isn't attacking me really. But especially not crying, godly ones."

She laughed at him just a little. "Well thank you anyways Zerdu. You've been more kind to me than most." It was good to be in the presence of a kind soul once more, and it made her remember home where love was the dominating feeling towards each other. Angels all loved and cared for each other... She dearly missed that.

He chuckled back at her. "And you're one of the few that is actually kind to me. So I guess that makes us even then. But I'm guessing you're feeling better now?" Not only had nobody around these parts hired him, as most thought he'd be stealing from them. Ironically, that was what had brought him to stealing in the first place.

"Well enough to do what needs done. Now how many pounds of gold did you say you needed?" Maybe if she concentrated on helping him, she could forget the pain of missing her home. She allowed a mental picture of the pearly gates to fade from her mind and was finally able to smile once more.

"How many pounds...? Uh... About my own weight. Possibly a bit more. We don't really have that much of a system about it, but yeah. About my own weight." He looked at her for a moment. "And not by having me turned into gold, as that'd just be stupid." He chuckled as he spoke and smiled teasingly at her. "Is there anything you'll need to do this, or can we just keep picking leaves and that kinda things? I mean, you need food every day don't you?"

"I don't eat in that sense. My food comes from the charged particles in the air... But since I've been on Earth I've had to learn to eat the food of the Earth. There's just not enough power I'm the air. So yes, I probably do need to eat." She smiled sheepishly and got up from his lap, offering him a hand up.

He accepted her hand, though he almost pulled her down again in the process. "Then we gotta get you some food, don't we?" He said with a smile, before picking up his cloak and putting it back on. "And I guess I could use a bit to eat as well. It's been a week since my last meal." Said, mostly to himself as he got the garment on right.

Slowly Adaire fanned her wings out and stretched them wide. She cracked her neck and sighed with contentment. "And what would you like? We can have anything you want. We could even go to one of those new places that serve dinner in the city and I'll pay." She fanned her wings slightly in the breeze."

He stretched himself as tall as he was, hearing his back popping in the process. "Well, I don't suppose there's anywhere they serve something still alive, nor any place with huge pieces of meat, so... Anywhere they serve something edible. Preferably something that used to be alive not too long ago." He said with a slight grin, which gave her a flash of his sharp teeth.

"Uh... How about we see if there is anything in town?" She asked with a smile and a gestured to the surrounding forest. "Do you want me to carry you or would you like to go on a pleasant walk?"

"If I had had wings of my own, I wouldn't have minded flying. But as of now, I think I prefer to keep my feet on the ground, if you dont mind." He said, grinning sheepishly. "Wouldn't want you falling asleep in the middle of the meal either, now would we?"

She laughed and gestured towards a path. "Shall we then? Its quite a walk back. I brought us out rather far."

"Well, I've got little else to do with my time while I wait for you to recharge." He said, nudging her playfully with his tail as he started walking. "Unless you have a better suggestion, that is?"

"No I don't have any other suggestions." She laughed and nudged him playfully. "It may take just a little while, but I will be back up to par and ready to do what needs done. For some reason I feel really great today. Almost as good as the day before I was Cast."