Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Edgeearl
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Online Availability
Not available for rps
Deception [A Joshua Oneshot] {Canon}

687474703a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f43446e36484d422e706e67

Sparking angel, I believed you were my savior in my time of need.

He chuckled to himself, standing outside of the throne room occupied by Shibuya's fair Lady Composer. Joshua's eyes were stormy, clouded by a single goal he had taken to heart ever since he had died and became a reaper in Shibuya: end the life of the Composer and take her place.

Blinded by faith I couldn't hear all the whispers, the warnings so clear.

Gaining the faith of the Composer had been simple enough. He had connived, schemed, and worked his way closer to her, planing every move out in his head like a game of chess. He discovered her favorite locations, frequently visited with her, talked about things she enjoyed, and achieved her trust bit by bit.

"You come here often, how about I treat you to something good. Do you like ice cream? There's a stand nearby that sells some good flavors."

Joshua would fein a smile. "I would love some."

I hate ice cream.

But I'll do what it it takes to please you. I'll become your perfect charming bastard.

His thoughts didn't mirror his true feelings in the slightest. Joshua didn't care for her. It was possible that a gob of gum on the bottom of one's shoe could be more interesting than she was. But her power, now that's what he craved...

And it was finally time. All of his work had paid off. Joshua had fully achieved the Composer's trust and he knew now would be the perfect time to take her life.

I see the angels, I'll lead them to your door. There is no escape now, no mercy no more.

The uncaring reaper chuckled to himself again quietly. "She was such a fool. She knew her weakness was own heart, but she refused to keep it guarded. Doing so was a grave error on her part. She never saw me for the threat I truly was, a snake waiting to end her with its poison, and let me in. Now, she will pay the ultimate price and lose her life because of it," he whispered under his breath.

There was a good chance the Composer would have her back turned when he entered the room. If so, he could strike her down easily. However, he she saw him coming Joshua would rely on her feelings. She wouldn't try to stop him; she could never even harm a hair on his head.

No remorse 'cause I still remember the smile when you tore me apart.

Without even a second thought regarding his plan, Joshua flung the door to the Composer's chamber open. He entered and prepared to attack her with a pin--stunned to see her sitting in a chair near the doorway facing him. She had been waiting. She knew he was coming.

Joshua smirked. "You were waiting here for me. You're smarter than I thought." He gripped one of his pins and produced sparks of lightning behind him. "No matter, I'll still do what I came to do. Composer, I've come to stop your existance and take your place."

The Composer raised a hand and shook her head. "Not necessary."

Upon seeing her raise her hand, Joshua felt his body freeze in place. He could no longer move or summon power from his pin. She had him caught like a rat in a trap. He cursed under his breath. Had he underestimated her?

"However, I truthfully intend to give you what you have come for. You are... intelligent, ruthless, and rather wise beyond your years. I-- I trusted you. You managed to gain my trust, the trust of an old angel like me." Her voice quivered. "I should've known better."

You took my heart, deceived me right from the start. You showed me dreams. I wished they'd turn to real.

Joshua said nothing, allowing the Composer to continue speaking. Her glowing form and her long white hair illuminated the dark room as she continued. "After I met you, Sanae warned me about you. He told me you weren't to be trusted. I-I'm not sure why I did. Perhaps I did it because I was lonely, desperate, felt you were different than other reapers, or maybe it was a mix of everything. But I did trust you. Sanae told me that you were using me simply to gain my power. I wouldn't hear of it. But... it's true, isn't it? You only used me to gain my power, didn't you?"

You broke the promise and made me realize it was all just a lie.

Looking her square in the eye with a bone chilling stare, Joshua answered her honestly for the first time in ages. "Yes."

Silence overtook the room. Inwardly, the Composer groaned in turmoil.

Sparkling angel, I couldn't see your dark intentions, your feelings for me.

"Tell me something," she said after a minute. "Was all of it made up? Did you not care for me at all in the slightest?"
Joshua laughed her to scorn. "I have a feeling you're not going to like my answer very much. Listen, don't take this the wrong way, but I don't care for anyone. It's just the way I am. I think with my mind, not my heart," he said, adding a nonchalant shrug to his words.

The body of the great Composer trembled. "Yes, well, I suppose for that reason you will make a good Composer. You'll make logical choices for the good of Shibuya. But know this, everyone cares for someone. If not, they will learn to care over time, as I have."

Suddenly, she glared at Joshua with anger, frustration, and pain. "So, you will have what you want. But I can promise you this, your greedy desire for the decision you have made today will leave you broken and miserable for the rest of your days. You'll be secluded in your power. You'll always be alone. Even if you grow to care for someone, you'll never be able to allow them into your life. It would be too much to risk. They will hurt you. They will stab you in the back."

The Composer hissed with hot air Joshua felt hit his face as she reached out and grabbed him by the collar of his shirt. "From this moment on, you're existence is cursed, Composer. Enjoy your eternity alone."

With a flash of light that caused Joshua to gasp, the Composer disappeared. As she faded, he felt a power stronger than anything he had ever felt engulf his body.

"Doesn't matter," he mumbled, replying to the fallen Composer's final words. "I've always been alone anyhow."
Joshua smirked and clenched one of his fists, enjoying the feel of this new power coursing through his veins. His black reaper wings disappeared from his back and pure white angel wings took their place.

The smile on his lips, however, did not reflect how he felt inside. He was overwhelmed by a sense of fear and dread. The fallen Composer's words had shaken his confidence. Not only that, but the overwhelming feeling of what he had just accomplished hit him. She was gone.

Joshua gripped his face with both hands, his body shaking for a moment. "Did I really just--"

He had just hurt someone for his own good. Did that make him any better than the people who had hurt him while he had been alive? A wave of pain and regret coursed through him for a moment. And the same thing would happen to him too, wouldn't it? He would have to push everyone away so such a thing could never happen to him. He wouldn't let his guard down and open his heart like the fallen Composer had.

"Doesn't matter," he began to say in order to burry his guilt, dropping his hands afterwards. "I'm God now."​

Status
Not open for further replies.