The Happiest time of the year.
You were invited to the Hottest Christmas Party in New York City
So many people were coming.
And you have the most....
Is that a Dead body?
Oh fuck.
And the doors just locked.
And there's a snowstorm outside.
Welcome to the Deadliest Christmas party of the year.
You'll get to go home if you find the killer.
If not, well they say you can Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas.
.....If the Fates Allow.

Event Info
Who: Everyone is invited

What: You are someone who got invited to the hottest Christmas Party of the year..... that just turned deadly

When: December 28th, 12PM

Where: Charp room

How: This is an improvised Murder Mystery styled game with improvised GMing. This means you should interact with each other. Also your characters can die here. Good luck.

If you need any Charp tips, Diana has them in her charps and I think they are swell​

Charp in two weeks!

I will attend this one if someone will be my boyfriend. O: SOMEONE THAT IS NOT THE GM, YOU'LL BE BUSY

I will attend this one if someone will be my boyfriend. O: SOMEONE THAT IS NOT THE GM, YOU'LL BE BUSY

Well, then, I'll just have to be the douchey ex then.

1608576285244.png
Name: Valerian Solis

Valerian is a "rogue scholar" of ancient and classical history who has published unconventional theories on the esoteric and mystical beliefs of the ancient world. He also leads tours to mysterious sites such as ancient Egypt, and megalithic sites in Europe, Central, and South America.

He is also a practitioner of the historical European martial arts of the rapier and longsword.

He is insatiably curious, and goes through life with a high-energy "the game is afoot!" attitude.

Valerian's Damascus steel sword-cane:

Theme:

Last edited:
Jasmine is adorable! I love her, this CHARP is going to be fun!

And here's Rosemarie in a non-game related setting, another thing that I never expected to see, though she does fit social events >3<

Name: Rosemarie Holtzer

Personality: Rosemarie is overly confident, stubborn and sounds like she's always bored or annoyed by something. To say that she acts spoiled like a princess would not be wrong, actually. With her high standards and efforts to be the best, most responsible and organized at everything she does, Rosemarie's demeanor is incredibly nobility-like despite not being from a noble family at all. It also infuriates her when her efforts aren't acknowledged and the girl dislikes any displays of lack of discipline.
On social events, the Holtzer's daughter knows exactly how to carry herself with grace and manners, doing her best to be the most pleasant guest ever, paying the utmost attention to whatever is being said. Internally, Rosemarie really doesn't want to be there at all and wants no more than to go back home and finally play some games. These kind of events are boring.

History
The day her father decided to try politics and won was Rosemarie's doomsday.

Robbed of her privacy at an early age, the young Holtzer was quickly thrown into the life of image keeping and paparazzi, coming to learn that once her cuteness factor of being a toddler was gone, the opposition would use her behavior to paint her father in a bad light. The daughter of the mayor couldn't be brash, the daughter of the mayor couldn't be mean or the news people would talk. On her accord and no one else's, Rosemarie took it upon herself to be an exemplary human being, a true princess out of fairytales. Gentle, helpful, the possessor of impeccable manners and grace. She had hoped that the act wouldn't last long, that the bad rumors would stop and everything could go back to normality soon, but that wasn't what happened.
Guilbert Holtzer was re-elected, kept climbing the political hierarchy and even when he wasn't actively a part of politics, had clearly become quite the influential man.

Now stuck on a cage of her own making, Rosemarie was forced to play along, acting on the role for long enough that her original personality started fading away, blending with this character she had constructed. The tomboyish toddler that had once been was overwritten into a charismatic, feminine and properly educated lady. The kind of queen bee that ruled the school by being the epitome of perfection and responsibility. Eventually said 'title' had begun going over her head, the new Rosemarie had high standards, was incredibly demanding and way too confident. But at the same time, nurtured big amounts of frustration and regret, giving birth to a volatile, explosive temper that was becoming harder and harder to keep in check.

That's when she met MMO RPGs. Not having tried a game yet for deeming it too barbaric and a waste of time, Rosemarie had bought a PC game in curiosity. The ad for the game, claiming the experience to be like living as a different person had caught her interest. It was love at first sight and exactly what she needed. In the world of the game, the girl had been free to act as she wanted, using the experience to unwind and release all of the pent-up destructive energy she had been building up! Killing things was fun! Completing quests gave her a sense of accomplishment that her life had long been drained of.

To say that she was hooked would be an understatement.

From there on, Rosemarie would go on to try all sorts of similar games, hopping from a title to the next one the moment the experience got any dull to her. The thrill and the excitement were a must!
With her father now taking the role of Senator, Rosemarie is more than never living a double life: The perfect example of a daughter to the outside world and an unstopable, insatiable, impulsive player in the gaming world.
deb4f4e-c077651b-efca-46cc-bd44-471f0213cc52.png

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Zarko Straadi
Name: Richard 'Ricky' White

Looks: He has brown spiked hair, beautiful grayish blue eyes and a very muscular build (due to going to the gym way too much). He is 6'9.
1751.jpg

He often wears a pair of black muscle shirts (to show off his abs, duh) and black jeans along with combat boots to get out of tough jams. He also wears black gloves that are laced to release silver daggers if he is confronted with a tough opponent. He also wears a glass tube with a mermaid tear around his neck .

Personality: Ricky is a horrible human being. He tends to do whatever gets him the most cash. He has virtually no conscience when it comes to dealing with the supernatural ( or pretty much anything) and can be quite cruel and harsh but does so in such a way that you still like him somehow. If you somehow befriend him (the chance of getting hit a comet is more likely), he will be kind to you and let you on his schemes and open up to you.

Theme: (393) monster skillet - YouTube

Nickname: Zak

Species: Gremlin

Appearance: He has jet black hair and blue eyes that glisten off the moonlight, he has the start of facial hair growth. He also seems to wear a red muscle shirt and a pair of jeans that fit him nicely. He is 6'3 inches tall and has his own mini bow and arrow still, but nothing to go with it. He is also extremely well built and not the type you expect to be crazy. In his gremlin form, he is a blue gremlin with white wings.

Personality: Age has not made Zachary any better, he is now an insane sociopathic man who gets a thrill off of harming other and killing people. He is also known to be quite vicious if he deems you as a jerk. If you somehow manage to befriend him ( which is really hard) he is kind to you and lets you live. He is extremely deceitful now and can make people believe things at a whim.

_________________________________________________________________________________________
1608876106788.png

Name: Dr. Michael "Mickey" Campbell

Extra: He's the husband of the man hosting the party.

Extra: The Ex-boyfriend of one of the party goers....

Name: Jaxob Campbell

Extra: The adopted son of the host, ...... who would rather be anywhere but there.

Name: Charles " Charlie" Campbell

Extra: He's the host of the party

Since there are supernatural/fantasy beings, are these elements commonly known ("Another day, another brawl between orcs and trolls at the biker bar, and in other news, the Wizardry Department had to be called in to deal with a wil'o'wisp infestation at the lake") or do most people think they're living in a world like ours?

• Useful
Reactions: Loveless
Pls say the world is oblivious because I would specifically love Jasmine to be oblivious 😂

• Thank You
Reactions: Loveless

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    This is the lovely GM Color for any important updates.

Today at 9:56 AM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Snow fell briskly across the city of New York on the eve of Christmas, the beautiful snow flakes dancing around in the air. It hardly seemed like the snowstorm that the weathermen had foretold a few hours before. But it was still early in the night. However, this story isn't about the snow. No siree. It's about the Christmas Eve party that was happening at Charlie Campbell's house, the one that was the talk of the town. Everyone was invited.... but who was to tell if everyone would leave there alive.

Today at 10:00 AM

• Zarko Straadi:
    Valerian got out of his dark blue MINI Cooper Countryman, then went around to the passenger's side to open the door for Jasmine. With his sword-cane in one hand, the other arm offered to her, he turned to face the big old townhouse, that looked haunting in the moonlight as snowflakes danced toward the ground.

Today at 10:07 AM

• Diana:
    Jasmine Toulouse wasn't technically invited to the posh party, but with the invitation given to her by her mysterious neighbor, there was no way she'd pass up the opportunity to do something fancy! Decked out in a sparklie blue dress, Christmas painted nails, and the best +1 ever, it was bound to be the best night ever. After climbing out of the car, she didn't let go of Valerian's hand. "I'm so glad it snowed for Christmas!"

Today at 10:10 AM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Stupid guests, stupid party, Jaxob thought crossing his arms and looking from the entrance at the first guests who arrived. He didn't want to be here and for sure, he didn't like snow. Decked out in what his dads considered good and fancy winter wear, Jaxob wore a hat, those black coats that seemed straight out of those 1800s movies and gloves. He looked down at the snow at the ground and formed a snowball throwing it at the sparkly dress.

Today at 10:14 AM

• Loveless:
    Rosemary wasn't happy. A typical black and elongated government car had dropped her right in front of the odd house, the teenager stepping out of it immediately and of her own accord despite the two hired bodyguards having insisted her not to; They were also not staying in the party, another of the Lady Holtzer's demands. Honestly, it was already bothersome that her dad had sent her to stand in his place while he was busy with work, on 'official notice', she was not.being.babysat. Rosemary could take care of herself on her own, she already did very well on a daily basis. Keeping all of the frustrations to herself, the senator's daughter was incredibly graceful in an empire cut lavender dress with a portrait neckline and a short topaz necklace. The color was not exactly pastel, but more of a balanced desaturated tone. The antics with the snowball did steal a little almost imperceptible smirk from her lips though.

Today at 10:21 AM

• Zarko Straadi:
    "Me too," Valerian replied. Jasmine was stunning in her sparkling dark blue dress that looked like a slice of the night sky. He had been smitten with her from the laugh-snort-blush she'd given at the coffee shop when she'd found out that the order she'd written for "Valerie" was for "Valerian," and tonight was no different. Reaching the door, he knocked gently with the octopus-shaped head of his cane. That's when he saw a snowball headed right for Jasmine. With the hand she held, he pulled her close and switched places, almost like a dance step, so he could take the snowball in the back. Then he turned to stare down the child--no, teenager, who had thrown it.

Today at 10:22 AM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    If there is one thing that should be known about teenage boys, it was this. They had absolutely no qualms with any of their actions, so being stared at by Valerian was not something that affected him in the slightest. He just shrugged it off and went back to making another snowball- or he would have, if one of his dads didn't touch his shoulder. " That's enough, Jaxob. I apologize for my son, he would rather be anywhere but here, my husband and the host is inside. I'm Michael Campbell, you can call me Mickey or Michael, I honestly don't care." He would take a look and notice the senator's daughter was here. " Jaxob, why don't you help Rosemary inside?"

Today at 10:28 AM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Even with the shocking little amount of snowball, the motorcycle that pulled up managed to move it in such a way that it landed on the mini cooper and nearly on Jasmine with stunning speed. Jasmine would recgonize the motorcycle as the one that her ex boyfriend Luke rode.

Today at 10:29 AM

• The Mood is Write:
    Not usually one for attending fancy parties, Melanie still showed up. Her mom thought if she met a nice man, she might give up the brothel life. As if! Probably at least half of the men at the party were her Johns at some point! Well, against her will, she didn't wear the red that, at the fancy brothel meant 'ready for play', and instead she wore a silvery halter top that barely hid certain colorful bits.

Today at 10:30 AM

• Diana:
    Rescued from a snowball! That was basically the sweetest thing in the universe! Jasmine took it upon herself to shake a fist at the errant snowball-throwing teen, but seeing as snowballs were a little harmless fun, she just laughed it off and helped brush some of the snow off Valerian's back. At least until she caught sight of a very familiar pain in the butt. "Um! Let's go try dancing!" she squeaked out, not giving any room to ask questions as she grabbed Valerian's hand again and pulled him quickly inside the festive home.

Today at 10:31 AM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Richard White hated social gatherings more than he hated anything else. But he also knew that this was the most likely place that the Gremlin he was hunting would show up. There was something about mischief makers and parties that just went hand in hand. He stopped and stared at Melanie for a moment. " It probably might be warmer inside for you then out here," he replied without missing a beat. So far, so good. He couldn't help his impulsive flirty nature, it was one of his many quirks that drove others mad. At least he wasn't a douuche who rode a motorcycle though.

Today at 10:34 AM

• Zarko Straadi:
    Valerian gave a nod to the man who apologized, and raised an eyebrow at the teenager. He wasn't actually bothered by the thrown snowball as such, only that it had been targeted at Jasmine. He could actually sympathize with the kid. "Perhaps a proper snowball fight can be arranged for--" suddenly he was being pulled into the house by Jasmine. "Laaaterr," he finished, saluting the kid with his cane as he was dragged inside.

Today at 10:35 AM

• The Mood is Write:
    Melanie looked to Richard and smiled. "Mm, I was just thinking so," she replied, her tone much warmer than the weather. Now, the party would be a bit more fun! She stepped nearer the lovely stranger. "Care to lead the way?" she asked as she hooked an arm through his, brown eyes playful.

Today at 10:36 AM

• Loveless:
    Rosemary mentally rolled her eyes at the mention of her name... She had been by the door and so intent on walking inside without getting noticed but, nope! It was hard being quick and exemplary at the same time, ladies weren't supposed to rush anywhere despite her really wanting to just find a corner and never leave it unless strictly necessary. But anyway, seeing as there was no other option, Rosemary had immediately straightened herself at the spot where she was, pretending like the surprise was a lot more pleasant than it actually was. "Oh, Mr. Campbell that's very thoughtful of you, but honestly, I'd hate to be a bother to your son.", and a little respectful bow to finish, "It's no problem, I can enter on my own just fine."

Today at 10:37 AM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Richard was not a good person, so combining pleasure with work was not a problem for him. He would offer his own smile, something just slightly off about it, almost like he was faking it. But he would look at her. " It would be my pleasure, my dear sweet lady. I shouldn't forget my manners. The name is Richard White, but my friends call me Ricky, I do hope we can be at least friends before the night is over," he replied, looking over at her.

Today at 10:41 AM

• Diana:
    Inside, everything looked quite lovely and really put the meaning into deck the halls. Once their coats were safely tucked away, Jasmine led Valerian further into the party. Where she chose to pause was a happy accident, though. The second she noticed mistletoe, she rose up on her toes to give Valerian a kiss on the cheek and a little point upward. Even if Luke was around, it wasn't going to ruin her party!

Today at 10:43 AM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Michael would look over at her. " While that is true, it would be rude to have you enter on your own, especially with the fact he was just heading inside himself." he replied, knowing that was a lie, but getting his son inside before he actually assaulted someone important or for that matter, less forgiving seemed to be important. He would gently give Jaxob a gentle nudge to enter with her.

Today at 10:43 AM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    " He never does give much of a choice," Jaxob muttered apologetically to Rosemary.

Today at 10:44 AM

• The Mood is Write:
    A forced smile, hm? Those weren't any fun, but perhaps he was being predatory. That could be fun, too! She giggled and shifted closer, hugging his arm. "Melanie Karcher," she introduced. "I like making new friends with handsome men like you, Ricky." She winked at him, unable to keep from grinning. She was sure she'd be out of this dress before long... or so she hoped. If she was lucky... Her thoughts became censored suddenly, not that she realized it.

Today at 10:48 AM

• Zarko Straadi:
    Valerian followed the upward point with his gaze, and smiled when he saw what was there. The teenager might not be having any fun at this party, but Valerian already was. Perhaps if fortune smiled on him, the teenage girl who had just shown up before Valerian was pulled inside might lead him under this very mistletoe. But for now, the spot was taken. Tenderly stroking Jasmine's cheek with his free hand, he looked into her sparkling dark brown eyes and leaned down to kiss her sweet lips.

Today at 10:49 AM

• Loveless:
    Welp, it had been worth the effort, unfortunately, nothing really came out of it sooo- "Oh, I see. The old killing two birds with one stone strategy, a classic one~", Rosemary chuckled in feigned amusement for a bit, resigning to her fate. She would have said something else at Jaxob if it wasn't for the fact of them being watched at the present moment. Instead, the young lady had given the other teen a little nod and offered him her arm so he could properly act as a guide and hopefully ditch his dad in the process. "Well, then I suppose it is your lead."

Today at 10:51 AM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Ricky would take a moment to look over her once more. Perhaps there was enough time for a little fun before the Gremlin arrived and made him have to work. " I tend to like to make friends with gorgeous women such as yourself, but never more than one at a time," he replied, looking around to see if the design was the same as the one he had looked at online. He looked up the staircase and saw no one was there, so perhaps a fast trip to the bedroom wouldn't hurt

Today at 10:54 AM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Jaxob looked at her and nodded. He would have led the way upstairs, but it seemed two adults were going that way and the last thing he wanted to do was deal with more grown-ups, if they kept going straight, they would run into other dad. He would lead the way to the kitchen. " I would have prefered somewhere that wasn't the kitchen, but you know beggers can't be choosers."

Today at 10:56 AM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Luke would walk into the room and adjust his jacket. It was ironic running into Jasmine here. They hadn't actually spoken in months and she looked happy. Ironically, he didn't mind that, choosing to sit on a chair.

Today at 10:57 AM

• The Mood is Write:
    She grinned. "Oh good, I might pout if I wasn't the center of attention." She laughed quietly and leaned against his arm, giving him a sample of what would surely be censored in the most sims-like manner.

Today at 10:57 AM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Richard would look over at her. " Well then, the center of attention you shall be," he replied, looking over at her in the most cesnored way as well and leading them to the bedroom.

Today at 10:58 AM

• The Mood is Write:
    She followed after him, and as they prepared to get to the fun, their bodies became heavily pixelated, and hearts floated up from between them.

Today at 11:00 AM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    It seemed like all the guests had arrived as Michael was about to close the door. However at the last second, someone ran in. " I'm so sorry, I'm late, I'm Zachary, my invite came late." Michael shrugged and let him in as the snow storm suddenly and unexpectedly picked up.

Today at 11:01 AM

• Diana:
    A shared kiss under mistletoe was basically the best Christmas gift ever, leaving Jasmine with that slight flush to her cheeks and a soft breathless giggle. They'd only been dating for a few months, but she was already thinking about future Christmases with Valerian. "Thanks for coming with me, Vaaalerie." she teased.

Today at 11:01 AM

• Loveless:
    Once Rosemary had noticed the detour in their path, Jaxob intentions had become more than clear. An internal sigh of relief overlapped with an unspoken impatience- Just for a while longer, smile and nod for a while longer.. Though the kitchen wasn't exactly a satisfying location in the slightest. As soon as they were out of sight, the girl had pulled her arm back in a bit of a brutal motion, almost as if disgusted of the whole thing. "Well, I can't say that I'm used to begging at all...", differently from the gentle and pleasant tone of earlier, this one was a lot harsher, snobbish, it came heavy with ego and boredom, "But as long as I don't end up covered in sauce or wine, I suppose it's acceptable." Yeeeah, this was as far as 'thanks' was going to go...

Today at 11:04 AM

• Zarko Straadi:
    "There is nowhere else I would rather be," Valerian said. "Though I suppose we shouldn't bogart the mistletoe all night." Rather to his surprise, another couple was headed upstairs already.

Today at 11:07 AM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Jaxob looked over at her and shrugged. " Well considering that sauce and wine got banned in the house after I did a prank that ruined both of Dad's suits, I don't think that will be a problem."

Today at 11:09 AM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Once they were done with whatever it was, Richard looked over at her. " We should head back down."

Today at 11:10 AM

• The Mood is Write:
    .... Well, that was disappointingly short. Melanie forced a smile. "Yeah." She absently checked her clutch to make sure she still had enough condoms, just in case she met someone a bit less... fast. She let him lead the way back down the stairs, not nearly so cuddly as before, and even a little pouty.

Today at 11:12 AM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Ricky was not known to make anything last, it was one of the down sides of his line of work. He had to move on and do it fast and there was no way around that. As he walked down, he spotted it and stared, the Gremlin was here and the snow storm had picked up, he wasn't quite sure which of those things were worse, the fact he had been distracted or the fact things were already worse.

Today at 11:15 AM

• Diana:
    Of course Jasmine wasn't noticing any of these sorts of shenanigans. Her attention was grabbed by a passing waiter with a tray of fancy pastries -- of which she quickly stole one to snack on. Giggling softly, she tugged Valerian by the hand away from the mistletoe to a much safer spot just perfectly between a warm fireplace and the playing Christmas music. "I wish I could've decorated my apartment like this. There's so many lights and baubles!"

Today at 11:16 AM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    "Okay, it looks like everyone is here now," he replied, being able to see the kids in the kitchen. " My name is Charlie Campbell and I can promise this will be-" And then the lights went out.

Today at 11:17 AM

• The Mood is Write:
    Melanie followed his gaze, then huffed, thinking he was seeing a woman from his life. "Have fun," she urged, her voice a bit pouty as she slid past him. Then, the lights went out, and she shrieked as one of her heels caught on a step, and she went down with a shriek.

Today at 11:18 AM

• Loveless:
    "Oh.", Rosemary had been legitimately taken aback by that, unsure of what else to say, or rather of what else she could say, "Well, good." For the next couple minutes the pair was awkwardly silent, the young lady just standing there with all her possé and arms crossed, head high up... Except for some glances towards both him and the opposite corner here and there. Until- "I bet that was funny to watch." And then everything went dark, "What the-?!", there was a huge chance that this wasn't normal. Urrrgh, if only she could have her RPG weapons in the real world...!

Today at 11:19 AM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Richard may be terrible, but he was surpsingly fast and even in the darkness would somehow make it to the bottom of the steps to be able to catch Melanie.

Today at 11:24 AM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Jaxob looked over at her. " I actually have the video on my phone, if you want to see it," And then the world went dark.

Today at 11:25 AM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    There would be a loud clatter as something fell over and in the darkness, it wasn't clear what it was.

Today at 11:25 AM

• The Mood is Write:
    "Ow..." Melanie groaned. He might have caught her before she hit the floor, but there were still the steps before it, and the awful twist when she lost her balance in the first place. "What happened to the lights!?"

Today at 11:26 AM

• Zarko Straadi:
    Valerian smiled. "We have a week until New Y--" Thoughts of how to decorate Jasmine's apartment were banished by the sudden darkness and a woman's scream. He turned to the sound, and was about to hurry to lend aid, but there was just enough moonlight coming through the windows that he could see a towering, broad-shouldered form catch the falling woman. I guess he's fast in more ways than one, Valerian thought.

Today at 11:28 AM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    And the lights came back on..... with Charlie being dead on the floor...... impaled by a sword cane.

Today at 11:30 AM

• Diana:
    Jasmine had managed to keep her cool with the lights out, despite having a teeny tiny fear of the dark. (Valerian was there, what was there to be scared about really?) Even when the woman screamed! But as soon as the lights were out and there was a very bloody dead body impaled on the floor... Her hand slapped over her mouth smothering a squeak and for a very brief moment she wavered on her feet as if she were going to pass out.

Today at 11:32 AM

• The Mood is Write:
    "Ow... Jesus..." Melanie's ankle, swollen and red, throbbed with pain, but funny enough, it was the one-pump-chump who caught her. Well... she couldn't be mad at him about _that_ anymore, if his speed saved her, could she? "Nn... Thanks," she murmured, offering an unsteady smile until her gaze moved to where she saw something else. "Oh... oh hell... I think that man fell _worse_ than me!"

Today at 11:32 AM

• Zarko Straadi:
    "Is everyone alright?" Valerian said. Then the lights came on, and Valerian stared in shock, deeply regretting letting them take his cane along with his coat.

Today at 11:34 AM

• Zarko Straadi:
    Valerian quickly pulled out his smartphone and dialed 911.

Today at 11:37 AM

• Loveless:
    As much as Rosemarie would probably have enjoyed to watch the video, or maybe not hard to say, the sudden darkness of suspicious timing took priority of everything else. There wasn't much to do in the dark, and she wouldn't dare to move anywhere without being able to see but, if they ended up having to defend themselves she couldn't do it on a dress this long. Dress-fighting only worked properly in game logic. Therefore, she had gripped at the skirt of the dress with some difficulty, made a makeshift knot with it and used the necklace to hold it all in place. Yes, there were some little holes in the fabric now, but living was more important than that. Once the lights were back on, the dress had been successfully shortened, the girl closing the necklace's clasp properly around the mess of fabric. It wasn't pretty, but it was functional. "Come on, let's see what the situation is.", she had beckoned Jaxob with surprising calm, yet not wanting for him and soon stepping into the main hall. ...Oh, so that's what's going on. Cursed be her damned luck.

Today at 11:39 AM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    The snowstorm had knocked down the cell phone towers and the line for 911 would offer eerie silence.

Today at 11:48 AM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Richard looked over at the body and then for a moment at her. " It looks like he might be dead." There was a strange lack of remorse or tone in his voice, almost like he had seen something similar to this before.

Today at 11:50 AM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Luke was still sitting in the chair, uncertain of what to say. This was his first murder.... " ....Well this doesn't look good in the slightest, but it also looks like a frame up."

Today at 11:52 AM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Michael just stared, frozen, words failing him.

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Jaxob looked down the hall and then stared. " That's my dad."

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Zachary was no where to be seen.

Today at 11:53 AM

• The Mood is Write:
    Melanie shuddered. "Oh my god..." Suddenly feeling ill, she stumbled away from Ricky and to a wastebin, where she promptly lost everything in her stomach.

Today at 11:53 AM

• Zarko Straadi:
    "Bloody hell," Valerian muttered. Though it was not a tremendous surprise that there was no cell service during a blizzard, it was dreadfully inconvenient! "Everyone please stay clear of the crime scene! Does this house have a land-line?"

Today at 11:54 AM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Michael would be lost, unable to compose himself. Thankfully, Jaxob was able too. " Yeah, there is one upstairs, but the door to it would always blow up, Dad," he pointed to the corpse. " had a key on him usually."

Today at 11:56 AM

• Diana:
    Jasmine had proven many times in college that she was not good under pressure. In fact if she didn't look pale and ready to throw up herself, it'd be a miracle! But she tried her best to not freak out. "I- I'll look around for the breaker panel for the lights. Breakers always pop in these old homes..."

Today at 11:57 AM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    The doors slammed shut around them, an eerie locking sound happening. It looks like the only places they could go now was upstairs, to the kitchen or stay here.

Today at 11:58 AM

• Zarko Straadi:
    "Don't touch it," Valerian said to her. "Someone had to shut off the lights to time with the attack. We don't want your fingerprints on it."

Today at 11:58 AM

• Zarko Straadi:
    "What the--does this house have automatic doors and locks?" Valerian asked the boy, who seemed remarkably unmoved by the fact that his father had been murdered before his eyes. It seemed peculiar to put actuators on doors so they could be opened and closed remotely, but then he was no stranger to eccentricity.

Today at 12:02 PM

• Loveless:
    Jaxob's dad was as much as a disappointment as her own was, actually less, she was sure that Senator Guilbert Holtzer would be one of them few freaking out. What could she say, his soft core was apparently part of his charm, together with the unfixable good nature. Rosemary sighed, she honestly didn't care about the dead enough and had been desensitized to things after running way too many slaughters in the game. Yes, this was real life, not the game, but it was similar aaand she didn't know the host enough either. What one of the adults was saying made a lot of sense though, this had to be planned... "Mr. Campbell, can we see the guest list?", maybe something about it, or relating to it would pop-out as weird?

Today at 12:03 PM

• Diana:
    "I don't- I don't think- Hmm!" It was hard to form sentences when there was a dead body, and then a bunch of doors slammed all at once! Jasmine didn't really believe in those sorts of things, but she was really starting to wonder if the house was haunted! She certainly wasn't going to volunteer to search a body for keys, that was for sure. She wrung her wrists trying to keep her head on straight. ...and not to jump to any conclusions, because that sword in the man's back definitely belonged to Valerian!

Today at 12:05 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Jaxob looked over at him. " Well, kind of, we got them installed before the party. Dad wanted certain rooms to be locked and then opened, but he didn't really say which one." He replied. The lighting showed that Jaxob looked like the spitting image of both of his dads.... which was certainly weird.

Today at 12:06 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Michael would nod. " Yes, you can." He would hand over the list. All the names and last names of everyone was written... well almost everyone. One guest was just referred to as Zachary.

Today at 12:07 PM

• Loveless:
    "Well, that is definitely suspicious...", Rosemary had commented under her breath as she had read the list. One of the names was just a first name, it could be that they weren't supposed to be in there at all... "Do you have a list of the inviteés as well? I'd like to compare them."

Today at 12:12 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Michael would hand her the list of the invitees. Everyone's name was on it, except for Zachary, Richard, Jasmine and Melanie.

Today at 12:15 PM

• Zarko Straadi:
    Valerian nodded. At least that meant there wasn't an entire group of people hiding around the house slamming and locking doors, or that something even worse wasn't afoot. "I am going to try to retrieve the keys to the upstairs room," he said. He searched his pockets, producing a fountain pen from a vest pocket. He slipped off his shoes, then carefully approached the corpse, making sure not to step in blood or disturb any melted-snow/muddy footprints (while being sure to note their presence). "Do you know which pocket he preferred to keep the keys in?" he asked the boy. Hopefully it would be one he could reach with the pen to fish the keys out without having to move the corpse.

Today at 12:16 PM

• Loveless:
    Rosemary would take her discoveries over to Jaxob, yeah not Michael he seemed rather incompetent and like her own dad, she wouldn't trust him with truly important information. "These two lists suggest we have people inside that weren't actually invited... And one of them doesn't even have a surname written down. This is seeming more and more like an elaborate plan...", she whispered at him, pointing down the weird details of either list, "Does the name Zachary ring any bells? It could be a revenge ploy.", that was a really common narrative device. People were petty, it worked.

Today at 12:20 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Jaxob would look over at him. " Top shirt pocket." he replied, looking over and pausing for a beat. The lights flickered on and off and when they came back on, the woman known as Melanie was dead.... by her own broken heel.

Today at 12:20 PM

• Diana:
    This time Jasmine did scream, because nothing good could follow a second blackout and a dead body! What kind of crazy murder party was this! She almost scooted towards the door, but there was no way Jasmine was going to leave Valerian alone in a place like this. So she slide a bunch of cheeseballs off a server tray, kept it close in case she needed a shield or weapon, and scuttle as near to Valerian she could without getting too close to the b o d i e s or in the way.

Today at 12:23 PM

• Loveless:
    "Maaybe not, maybe some sick fuck is just playing with us...", reaaaally missing those clawed gauntlets right about now! "Could it be both...?", Rosemary continued musing, a little more shaken at the pace of the murders.

Today at 12:24 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Jaxob looked over at her. " Well, I think it might be something specific then, but no, the name doesn't ring any bells. But I've never been good with names."

Today at 12:26 PM

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    When Valerian would poke the shirt pocket, keys, the number of the sex worker Melanie, the number of Luke and a piece of gum would fall out, wrapped thankfully.

59 minutes ago

• Zarko Straadi:
    Valerian was in the midst of the "Operation" (it takes a veery steady haaand) of trying to draw the keys out of the shirt pocket with his fountain pen, when the lights went out again, and Jasmine screamed. He jerked away from the body and rose to his feet, ready to rush to her side, when the lights came back on. To his immense relief, she was unhurt, wielding a silver serving tray. He gave her a brief smile of relief, then turned back to the clues that had emerged from the pocket with the keys. He stuck his pen through the key ring and lifted them away, disturbing the other objects as little as possible.

56 minutes ago

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Richard who has no qualms and had gloves on ( when had he gotten those?) would pick up the other stuff. " It looks like from this that Charlie was a bit of a player.... and only one of his other playthings is still alive," he turned to Luke.

54 minutes ago

• Loveless:
    "Riiight." The teenager seemed rather unhappy at the reply, making that unsure dash mouth expression. Welp, seemed like dealing with the incompetent adult it was. "Mr. Campbell!", Rosemary had stepped closer to the man, doing the same thing with the documents she had previously, showing the extra names and the incomplete one, "Do any of those names ring any bells, especially that last one, that is very suspicious.", she didn't have much hope but, it was worth a shot. Again.

53 minutes ago

• Zarko Straadi:
    "If we could all please go upstairs so I can try to use the land-line to contact the police," Valerian said. Though he was not a fan of American police, or what passed for a justice system in their country, any interference with the crimes scene on his part would increase the chances of evidence being thrown out of c-- Another man walked up and snatched up the other items. "What do you think you're doing? You're contaminating the crime scene unnecessarily!"

52 minutes ago

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    The light would go out again and Luke would be dead when they came back on..... dead by a knife from the kitchen.

50 minutes ago

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    " No, it doesn't ring any bells, but he did come last to the party and I haven't seen him recently."

50 minutes ago

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    " I think we should get upstairs before another body hits the floor."

49 minutes ago

• Diana:
    "Let's just-" The lights went out again and all Jasmine had left in her was a whimper and covering her head with the serving tray. Her eyes were still squeezed shut when they came back on, and she couldn't will herself to look! "I can't- I can't do this anymore..!"

48 minutes ago

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Zachary would reappear. " And that's everyone who needs to die..... you can leave now." As soon as Zachary reappear, a shot would ring out from Richard's direction, a gun pulled out. The man would be dead before he hit the floor.

45 minutes ago

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    " Sorry, but with all this death, it's better to wipe the slate clean.... so nobody gets to leave here alive."

44 minutes ago

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    A song by Skillet started to play around the house.

42 minutes ago

• Zarko Straadi:
    Valerian pocketed the keys for a second, took out his phone and snapped pictures of the first crime scene, and of Richard with the other clues. Then the lights went out again: another murder. No time for worrying about crime scenes now, much less investigation. "This place is a death-trap! We need to get--sorry, I'm going to need this back," he said, taking his sword-cane and falling back to defend Jasmine.

41 minutes ago

• Loveless:
    Rosemary had been about to step away after that expectedly disappointing answer from their co-host when the lights had turned of, yet again. This time it had been sudden enough to get her to hop startled with a little 'eek' and once they were on again, as expected the pattern of murder had continued. More than the terror of possibly dying, frustration and anger were the overpowering emotions. "Fine.", she had let out with an annoyed tone in response to Ricky, stepping angrily towards the corpse of the recently deceased Luke and pulling the kitchen knife out without giving two shits about it. ONLY for the culprit to show up, kill another person and one of their own to announce they were in on the whole ploy??? Rosemary could only turn around and point the knife at the accomplice, eyes firm intending to make use of it if he got too close. May her VR training please help her at this hour!!

39 minutes ago

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Michael looked over at Jaxob. " Permission to go fully unnatural." Jaxob would look over at his father and then back at him as if he was asking confirmation that he had heard him right.

37 minutes ago

• Diana:
    Jasmine was never ever ever accepting a party invite from someone ever again. She might've been made at Luke, but she sure never wanted to see him dead - and she wasn't about to let herself or Valerian be the next to go! Just born out of instinct, she flung that server tray like a frisbee at the crazy man with a gun, grabbed Valerian's hand and ran with him! There had to be a place to hide or an open window somewhere in this creepy house!

37 minutes ago

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Jaxob's eye would glow an unnatural shade of blue, the gun flying out of Ricky's hand and the dead moving at a speed that grabbed Ricky and held him down, allowing the other guests to deliver any finishing blows that they wanted.

36 minutes ago

• Zarko Straadi:
    Using his free hand, Valerian started to back Jasmine toward cover, when she pulled a Captain America and hurled the serving tray at the killer, then pulled him away.

34 minutes ago

• Loveless:
    Rosemary had no idea what was happening, but with her heart beating like a samba tambourine, her game-honed reflexes and courage propelled her forward; A brutal battle cry echoing through the main hall as she lounged with the intention of impaling Ricky deeply on his chest with the knife. She was surviving dammit!!

34 minutes ago

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    The blade would pierce Ricky's heart and then everything would go dark.......... When you awoke, the living room would be back to normal and nobody would be dead... just Ricky missing.

30 minutes ago

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    " Hey, older guy, snowball fight now?" Jaxob asked. The snow was falling normally. Had any of that really happened?

30 minutes ago

• Zarko Straadi:
    "That was unexpected..." Valerian said, seeing things that could only be explained by recourse to the supernatural, or 'sufficiently advanced' technology, assuming there was a difference. His sword-cane now had no blood on it, and the person whose body he had removed it from now seemed completely unharmed. "I thought this was supposed to be Christmas, not Halloween..." He'd had some unusual experiences exploring mysterious ancient sites, but nothing to quite compare with this! He slipped an arm around Jasmine and pulled her close.

28 minutes ago

• Diana:
    Jasmine didn't recall drinking any wine at the start of the party, but she found herself standing there a little dizzy, completely bewildered, with no idea what had just happened. She was certain a whole lot of murder and terror had been going on, but... things were fine? "I'm... I think maybe we should go home," she suggested, clinging to Valerian for dear life. In fact, she didn't think she ever wanted to let him go again.

26 minutes ago

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    Jaxob would throw a snowball at Val.

26 minutes ago

• Loveless:
    ...What- WHAT?! Rosemary could only stand in place confuzzled about everything. Was she imagining it? Did something happen with the game? Had she gotten so much into it that game and reality were mixing??! Was this reality or another layer of whatever had just happened?? She stared down at the hands and there was no knife... Did that mean she hadn't actually killed a person in real life?? Why was that a concern and not- All of the other weirdness that she had maybe not really experienced? One thing she was sure of, however, next time she had to go anywhere on her dad's place, she was bringing some sort of weapon. Maybe she could get something custom-made on her father's back. Now it was only a matter of waiting for the car, and trying not to think of things too much. ...Probably no gaming for a week, just to be sure.

24 minutes ago

• LuckycoolHawk9:
    The snow fell beautifully and Jaxob started a cute little snowball fight while everyone waited for their cars or for the roads to be less icy. The only evidence that anything had even happened was a garbage pail full of puke and a scar by wherever the people had died had been killed. And of course, in the body of Ricky White who would find himself at another party on a different day far away from NYC. Everyone got a good bag as well... and had themselves a merry little Christmas.... because the Fates allowed it. THE END

• Thank You
Reactions: Diana
Status
Not open for further replies.