2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Futanari
Genres
Homosexual, Romance, Fantasy, Scifi, Magic, Vampire, Werewolf, Supernatural, Angels/Demons, Superhero, Zombies
The title is pretty self-explanatory. The point of this thread is to debate with fellow members on the topic of which animal is superior. Pick a side and layout your points, or respond to someone else’s. Remember, this is just for fun (with a side of persuasive writing practice) We all know that both are adorable and too precious for us mere mortals. <3

I’ll start us off! ^^

I will just say what everyone is already thinking. It's obvious that Dogs are superior animals.

We can simply look at the media to prove this. If you look at all the greatest movies involving either Dogs or Cats, it’s Dogs that are most renowned. Just a few that come to mind are Air Bud, Lady and the Tramp, and Scooby-Doo. While in contrast, Cats are the evil antagonist in many of them. And, if it's in a movie, it must be true!

However, it's not just the media that makes Dogs the evident winner. They are also entertaining all on their own. A Dog can be taught a number of tricks and commands. Some are even using voice buttons to talk with their owners! But, what can a Cat do? Lick their leg in a creepy way, or give you a death glare? A Dog would never do that. If anything, Dogs don't even have the emotional intelligence to hate someone.

With these facts, I think it is time that we all come to the rightful conclusion once and for all that Dogs are indeed superior to Cats. Thank you for coming to my tedtalk.

Wow, they really will let any ol' chump have a ted talk these days. 😜

I JEST, I JEST! I couldn't resist that one. My apologies.

BUT! We all know that cats are in truth the superior animal. Allow me to present the evidence:
1) Cats are self-sufficient. Cats are largely able to take care of themselves, alleviating some of the burden of owning a pet. You don't give them baths and you don't take them on walks. You feed them, clean the litter box (or let them outside unless you have a cat door) and that's that. On a similar note,
2) Cats make their own fun. Anything can be a toy for a cat. Expensive toys and cat nip? Not necessary. They'll play with just about anything. Beds? Nah. The furniture or your lap or even an empty pizza box will do just fine. Not like they wouldn't just lay down where they want, anyway. In that way, they're also quite entertaining. I need to get video of my Puddin chasing shadows. She jumps around and it looks like she's dancing.
3) Sandpaper kisses! Have you ever been loved by a cat enough to be kissed? If not, you've been missing out. It tickles. To hold a purring cat and be given kisses is one of the best things. It's right up there with sleeping in and coffee.
4) Cats are a great judge of character. If a cat doesn't like someone you bring home, that person probably isn't the best for you to have in your life. I know from experience.
5) Cats give presents. Now, they may not be the greatest presents, unless you like random objects and dead things. But! When a cat gives you a gift (or rather, presents to you the trophy of its hunt) it shows that it cares about you, an apparently giant mostly hairless cat that can't hunt for itself. It's saying, "Look what I can do for you as a member of your family."
6) Cats can sit in laps without crushing you. 'Nuff said.
7) Cats can be taught tricks, especially if they're food motivated. I've seen videos of cats using the buttons to talk, too.
8) Cat videos are 10x funnier than dog videos.

Cats are only the bad guys in animal-related movies because the James Bond villain had a cat in From Russia with Love. Aaand that kinda started a trend. I mean, sure, cats can be spiteful but that depends on the cat. Just like dogs, if cats are treated badly, they won't have a good relationship with humans. If they're shown love, they will show it in return.

Last edited: