Death Note: The New Shinigami

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Phoebe

Original poster
Years after the events of the anime... Another Death Note is found.
What will happen?
Will Near step up to solve the case again?
Or is time for another detective to make their move?
Will the new owner take the mantle of Kira?
Or will they make a new name for themselves in the new decade?
All will be revealed in...

Death Note: The New Shinigami

This rp is basically just like the description entails. In the year 2014, a new Death Note is dropped onto earth. It can be Ryuk's or that of another shinigami. It's up to you whether you choose to be the new owner, a detective who's on the case, the death god who owns the note, or just another bystander who gets caught up in the action. There can be multiple owners/detectives/civilians/whatever, but for the obvious reasons, we at least one owner and one death god to begin with.

We're going to try and keep it pretty much PG-13, aside from language. Pretty much like the anime did. Obviously, no god-modding. If you have a Death Note, you need to stick to the rules that were established in the anime (the wiki has a good list here.) I'm open to creating some reasonable new rules, but only for a very good reason.

Character Sheet One: The Owner
Name:
Family: (Name off some of your immediate family. This can include parents, siblings, aunts, uncles, who ever is close to you.)
How did you find your Death Note: (Give a brief description of how you found the note.)
What are your goals in life?: (Just a brief description of what your plans for the future are. This can also include what you plan to do with the notebook...)

Character Sheet Two: The Detective
Name:
Family: (Name off some of your immediate family. This can include parents, siblings, aunts, uncles, who ever is close to you.)
What are your credentials?: (Tell me what qualifies you as a detective. What cases have you solved in the past? Did you study to be a crime-solver? Maybe you were raised in one of Watari's orphanage/schools.)
Why did you take on this case?: (Just a brief description of what interested you about this case in particular, and why you chose it.)

Character Sheet Three: The Civilian
Name:
Do you know the Owner or the Detective? If so, how?:
How did you get involved in this?: (You can skip this part if you already covered it in the last question.)

Character Sheet Four: The Shinigami
Name:
Personal Information: (Tell me a bit about yourself!)
How did the Death Note end up on Earth?: (Were you bored? Did you drop it? Just provide a few sentences of explanation.)

And here's my own CS:

My Character Sheet: The Owner
Name: Lisa Harris
Nationality: American
Family: My father died when I was young, but I lived with my mother in Virgina before moving to Massachusetts to go to university there. I have an older sister named Athena, in Europe, but I have no idea where she is right now.
How did you find your Death Note: I was working on some homework on the lawn at Harvard, when some moron threw a football past my head. I reached for it in the bush behind me, but found a notebook underneath. I passed the ball back and examined the notebook. I thought it was interesting, so I took it home with me.
What are your goals in life?: I want to make the world a better place, and this country specifically. I'll start by executing criminals, and then once I finish college, I might become the ruler of the United States. After I've gained everyone's trust, they'll practically beg me to lead over those corrupt politicians they hate. Maybe then, the world. We'll just see how things go.

Oh wow, I didn't expect such a huge response to this.

Now that we're all in, I made the IC thread so we can all start playing.

In Character

Last edited by a moderator:
Character Sheet Four: The Shinigami
372181172572127232_35s_d.jpg

Name: Shi
Personal Information: I'm new to this Ok Don't push me! I know everything but I'm new to the human world!
How did the Death Note end up on Earth?: I.... I umm Dropped it.... I'm THE WORST SHINIGAMI EVER!!

2jdlumb.jpg

Name: Glen "Code" Koda
Nationality: Japanese/Australian
Family: Aki Koda (aunty) which who's in Japan. The rest, either dead or unknown.
What are your credentials?: Did work experience during highschool. Solved two major serial killer cases during his work experience. Currently studied Law and Criminology (fourth and last year)
Why did you take on this case?: Glen was interested on how the killer was murdering the criminals in such a impossible way.

Oooooo, looks fun~!

Name: Aimi S. Fujioka

anime-anime-girl-cute-dress-Favim.com-630924.jpg

Nationality: Japanese/American/Scottish

Family: Mom - Emma Fujioka.
Dad - Unknown.
Lil' Sister - Lily Fujioka
Lil' Brother - Hajime Fujioka (Twin to Lily)

Do you know the Owner or the Detective? If so, how?: I know Lisa because we go to school together. I consider her a close friend of mine.

How did you get involved in this?: Being a close friend of Lisa's, she told me about the notebook when she found it.

575d171efb5c21b451c270eebb008c71.jpg

Name: Valeriya Han
Nationality: Italian/Korean
Family: Father, Mother, Nikolai -- Younger brother (17) , Dmitri -- Older brother (23)
What are your credentials?: Recently graduated university with her older brother. Graduated with a degree in Psychology and Criminology. New to the whole detective thing.
Why did you take on this case?: Assigned to this case as a newbie. Other than that, after reading the case, it made her feel as though she needed to solve this.

agora_devourer_by_mikeazevedo-d6jfnc0.jpg

Name: In my world, they call me Zakirin.
About myself: I am bored, very bored. My world is absolute nothingness. Though the stunt Ryuk pulled concerning his death note has left me extremely intrigued. I have been called cold, blunt, but most of all I believe curious describes me best.

How my death note was 'lost': I 'dropped' it, while over looking the human world. What a 'horrible' thing for me to do. The real story: I lost a bet with a fellow shinigami. Loser had to 'drop' their note in the world 'accidentally' and suffer the consequences. Who knows, maybe I lost on purpose.

2ivnvid.jpg

Character Sheet One: The Owner

Name: Mai Takasu

Nationality: Japanese/French/American

Family:
Talia Takasu <mother | Alive>
Jon Takasu <Father | Alive>
Curry <Pet flemish rabbit>

How did you find your Death Note:
Mai found her death note in her drawer. She felt like she was chosen deliberately in all honesty, therefore kept it. The power of the death note has yet corrupt her.

What are your goals in life?:
Mai's goals are quite complex. Like other stereotypical 'owners' sure she wishes to make the world a better place, but the blonde plans on taking down other 'Shinigami owners'. In other words she seems balance, and finds that killing 'all criminals' is useless. She feels that it is her job to kill off beings beyond human power, hence she comes after other shinigami owners. Nothing 'beyond' should cross with humans, therefore there should only be one 'shinigami', one 'death note', and one responsible 'owner'.

Other:
- She wishes to have one more shinigami. So that one can stay at her house and act as a sort of 'invisible spy' while the other can accompany and taking shifts.
- Since she has had (shinigami), Mai Immediately tried hard to bond with it. The purpose was to know each other's mentality. As well as how to read one another's motives, tones, gestures and more importantly develop a 'link' or line of 'connection' to speak to each other mentally. Hence as a duo if seen by other people who are able to see her shinigami, he or she will initially seem mute and no one will think they have any bonds. Just a quiet and/or cold shinigami with a 'energetic' and lazy girl.
cd8.gif

tumblr_n9c0a7HpVT1rcufwuo2_500.gif

Oh wow, I didn't expect such a huge response to this.

Now that we're all in, I made the IC thread so we can all start playing.

In Character

@Azul would you like Zakirin with Mai? Choice is all yours, you can disapprove if you want.

ah.. im a little late, but would i still be able to join this? ;w;

Sure! Just find a way to in our current story line. I think two death note owners is probably enough, but there are plenty of civilian and detective spots still open.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ✎ Luka "Lake" Matic ✎ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
5e316a9c814e868a051b68cad61298f5.png

Name:
Luka Matic, known more commonly as his old Wammy's alias, "Lake"
Nationality: Croatian, Russian, English (from England, now lives in America)
Family: He doesn't actually know any of his relatives- he's always assumed all of his immediate family was either dead or MIA
What are your credentials?: Lived at Wammy's until he was 18, after which he moved out and into an apartment. From there, he eventually moved to the USA and joined the police force. He hated Wammy's so much and he's a lot happier now with all of his freedom. Especially the freedom to dye his hair and get pierced up. He works as a private investigator on the side.
Why did you take on this case?: Despite not being hired by anyone to take this case, he found himself very interested in it and decided to get involved even though he wouldn't be making any money for his time. The first few murders reminded him of the Kira case, which took the lives of some of his biggest role models. He just had to do a little snooping around...
Other: Speaks in green, thinks in light green and italics.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
ooc; its so cool that you were looking for a detective or civilian because a detective is exactly what i was wanting to do!! i feel like i shouldve went with a civilian instead because there arent any so far, oops.. if someone else wants to be a civilian they could totally be involved because they know luka if you want?? he's pretty sociable so its not hard to be friends w/ him o: either way thank you for letting me in even after you started!!

@kit
No problem. Just jump in wherever.

@Noceur

I know! :D I'm still sort of waiting for Shi to start the rp...

Also, just a note, everyone here is approved to rp now. Just in case you were waiting for permission or something.

Just realized I didn't post a picture of Lisa. Pictures weren't required, but I realize now that it would help to have an idea of her appearance. It has been fixed. :D

2s1n1g9.png

4364.jpg
Name:
Mattie

Alias:
X

Personal Information:
"Uh well I'm a bit of a... rare case"
X is a rare hybrid half shinigami, she has a longer lifespan than a typical human but also while she still has a death note she isn't as powerful in those regards as she can't grant anyone with shinigami eyes and make a deal that way, and neither does she kill using the death note to extend her life like normal Shinigami. Although her death note does work, the rules are... well changed a bit. Thought to be an effect of her mutation, she is somewhat... how to phrase it? One with the notebook... if you tear out a page then it is useless unlike with the normal note for killing, instead what occurs is Mattie actually loses a memory and it is written down into the piece of paper permanently and isn't read normally, it appears to be written in an unknown language that is visual and almost like a movie you see what she sees in that memory. You can use one of Mattie's memories usually for torture, each person reacts differently but her memories are usually horrific to any human eye.

Also the notebook can physically morph into Mattie's body as part of her, her notebook will also try to communicate with the user, this can be Mattie directly or her sub-conscious mind, even one of her "would-be-selves" as she calls them which are split personalities with the memories she had lost in the past. She/ the notebook will give you advice about how to use her properly and suggestions and such in many ways. This text is always in blood. Also the notebook is affected by her mood and or health, she is prone to sickness due to her mutant blood and when she is sick the notebook can be affected in any number of ways from pages tearing themselves out with nobody doing so to even writing down names in blood and killing unconsciously. Other than this the rules are the same.

How did the Death Note end up on Earth?:
"Uhh.... I live on earth"

It was found by a classmate thinking it was her diary at Wammys.

Family: (all deceased besides father)

Father - Shinigami (unknown even by her)
Mother - Matt's older sister, Marie Jeevas
Uncle - Mail Jeevas
(Considered) Uncle - Miheal Kheel

Other:
(Full shinigami form, only available at full health, hair changes color and mutations occur, transformation is rather gruesome looking)

blondes%20horror%20scary%20witchblade%20tongue%20pink%20eyes%20simple%20background%20anime%20girls%20glowing%20eyes%20demon%20_www.wallpapername.com_73.jpg

@MattieLee
Because we're trying to stick pretty close to the anime, I don't think I can really accept a sort of rare case like yours (same with making up new death note rules). HOWEVER. We do need a shinigami, so if your character was a full death god, it would be a completely different story. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.