Death note chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I will agree. The women in the series are just... Bad. It's interesting how they added a female cop in the live action film. I wonder if they did that because of the bad press.
I know in both cases both shows were adapted from comic books, but it seems weird how the director goes from Death Note to Attack of Titan which almost universally has a great female cast.

...Then again, I'm pretty sure he did High School of the Dead, which honestly just looks like a series created by a bunch of guys with weird sex drives and rapey overtones.

I enjoy Attack on Titan too. I'm eagerly awaiting for the next season, although I'm not sure if I've spoiled it by reading ahead in the manga.

I've never seen High School of the Dead, and I'm sure my brain will be fine without it. >.< I haven't heard great things about that show.

High School of the Dead.

All it is is ecchi and guts. It was generally dehumanizing, but funny..

I enjoy Attack on Titan too. I'm eagerly awaiting for the next season, although I'm not sure if I've spoiled it by reading ahead in the manga.

I've never seen High School of the Dead, and I'm sure my brain will be fine without it. >.< I haven't heard great things about that show.
its a straight up ecchi with a slight plot in which there highschool is taken over by zombies

I am also a person who likes Death Note. I feel like it gets a bit overhyped by people who haven't watched much anime, especially those who say stuff about it being the best anime ever. It's good, don't get me wrong, but it's not that good.
its one of my favorite animes, mostly because its one of those serious animes not like the ones now a days that show nothing but perverted stuff
If you like serious anime, watch Monster if you haven't seen it yet. It's full on serious, barely any silly anime tropes present, and absolutely none of the gratuitous sexuality you find in other anime.

I love death note! I agree about the female roles, but reading the Los Angeles BB Murder Cases helped; Naomi is a very strong character there.

3 years ago I got the full manga collection with the extra book which has interviews with the creator, talks about the characters, explains the story line, and have the pilot one shot for death note.

Last year I got the full anime collection on DVD.

I'VE GOT IT ALL!!! MOHAHHAHAHA (Except for the light novels... but I don't care for those.)

I mainly like the first half of it. The second half wasn't as enjoyable after big-shot-you-know-who died. It still had it's enjoyable moments after that, but their interaction was much more entertaining than the replacements and his interaction was. They just never got the spark. *Sigh* Spoiler alert.

I'm talking about Light and L of course. Light and L just had great interactions, and I enjoyed every moment when they were speaking to each other (in a non fangirl sees yaoi everywhere, way). But when Near and Mello took over I just didn't feel that much when they interacted with each other. As I said, there was still some really good scenes here and there, but overall, I just couldn't get into the second part.

Deathnote is one of my favourite mangas, just underneath Fullmetal Alchemist. I really love the plot and the characters were rather interesting. Kinda peeved that the anime scrapped a good chunk of the ending though... there was a lot of characterization that happened in the aftermath that the anime missed.

Death Note was the first anime I ever watched. It's what got me interested in anime in the first place. L or Light is my favourite character from the series.

Reactions: Minibit
I love death note! I agree about the female roles, but reading the Los Angeles BB Murder Cases helped; Naomi is a very strong character there.

Wasn't she captured in her hotel after a semi gratuitous shower scene?

Wasn't she captured in her hotel after a semi gratuitous shower scene?
I think you're thinking of 'Psycho' O.o

It's been a long time since I read it, but I remember that she acted on her own judgement (and L's advice), had good deductive skills, and could definitely hold her own in dangerous situations (she even knew a martial art!) Which, regardless of what I may be forgetting, puts her a step above most girls in the main series.

I'm certain she doesn't get murdered, actually, since the BB murders take place before the main series which she appears in.

I think the whole point of Death Note was that it IS about fucked up people with fucked up heads. >> That's why all the characters are a bit psychotic, even all the female roles. It's supposed to be this whole deep tale of the darker side of humanity or some crap like that. XD

I remember hating all the characters cause their decisions were just screwed up and insane. But loving how twisted the story was. @__@ At the time, the only kind of anime and manga I was exposed to was magical girls and harems, so it was really cool to get something different.

Man I loved Death Note, Tsugumi Ohba is a great writer together with Yuuko Asami, not to mention the illustrations of Takeshi Obata is just drawing you in completely. Man, this topic makes me want to read it again D:

Status
Not open for further replies.