Death Note: A New Note

Virus looked up and realized Ery had just asked her a question. She held her finger up in the sign that read give me a second and reached into her back pocket to get her class schedule. Near had made it so that Virus had four classes with Ery, while the others were no where in common with the suspects. Near had not wanted Ery to become overly suspicious. Virus scratched the back of her neck and smiled at Ery, handing her the schedule. Her next class was Biology on the opposite side of the school.

"I think I have Biology with Mr. West..." Virus tried to looked worried, as if she had no idea where that class was or how she was going to make it on time without getting lost. She looked at Ery and her smile widened. "I'm going to have to get use to this place, I guess." She said casually.

Ery smiled a little. "That's alright, I'll help you out. You're in four of my classes, so I can show you around," she replied. Ery was now on her guard. She couldn't be sure yet, but she knew she couldn't entirely trust this girl. "And my class is in the classroom next to Mr. West's right now."

With a polite smile, Ery handed the schedule back to Vee. "Come on," she said, turning to start leading the way."

Ryuk chuckled behind her as he followed. "You were right, things are getting more exciting."

Virus smiled at Ery, but underneath it's polite exterior was a venomous interior. She walked alongside Ery, a bit uncomfortable to be alone with someone who was suspected of murder, what if she turned and tried to kill Virus right than and there? Virus shook her head as the idea crept into her mind. If this girl was the new Kira, she would be to smart to kill Virus in the middle of a school hallway, and besides, Kira apparently killed through the pages of a notebook, or so Near had said.

Virus instead but her nervousness into a skip, making it look as if she were happy to have made a new friend so quickly at the school. Hopefully Ery didn't see past her charade and call her on it. Virus's left hand, which was out of Ery's sight was twitching on her leg, yet another place her nervous energy had gone.

"So tell me..." Virus said. "What do you like to do for fun?" She had phrased it innocently enough, as if she were trying to see if her and Ery had something in common, but really she was trying to get information out of the girl.

"Let's see," Ery began, looking up thoughtfully, "I like going to the amusement park, museums occasionally, I like going shopping at the malls, and watching movies. Oh! And sometimes I like just going out for coffee and a walk at the park. I'm not much for sports though." She continued her own facade as she spoke. Though, this woman could ask her friends if she wanted, Ery had not told a lie. As a matter of fact, she had told the complete and utter truth.

"So, what about you?" she asked. "What do you like to do?"

Virus thought a moment. She had been at Wammy's House almost her entire life, and the only thing she had really enjoyed there was being alone in the library. This school and all it's students were making her feel uncomfortable. "Well...I prefer to go off somewhere are read I guess, but I'm usually up for just about anything." She smiled to herself at that, thinking how true it was. She never thought herself a detective, and yet here she was. "So...Do you have any siblings...?"

"No, unfortunately. I've always wished I had an older or younger sibling, someone to share with, y'know?" she mentioned, an embarassed smile on her face. -On to the emotions- she thought, rather amused. "Do you have brothers or sisters? To tell you the truth, I don't know why, but... You strike me as the 'only child' type," Ery mentioned.

"Anyway, you're class is right here." Ery stopped in front of a door, and gestured to it.

Virus nodded and dodged the question by walking into her next class. The rest of the day was spent away from Ery as to draw off suspicion, and Virus found everything to be so tedious and boring. She sat through her last classes with her head propped up in the palm of her hand. When the day ended Virus jumped up and headed straight for the front doors. Near had told her to take the city bus back to a small neighborhood, than to walk back to the SPK HQ. She walked outside and saw Ery and a few of the girls from lunch. Just act casual she told herself and waved at them before rounding a corner that would take her to the nearest bus stop.

Ery went into her own class. She went through the rest of the day taking notes, bored out of her mind, but paying attention nonetheless. She would think up a plan when she got home. She had to come up with more tests to find out whether or not this girl was undercover. At the end of the day, as Ery tried to leave, her friends attacked her again.

"Ery, what are you doing today?" they asked.

"I'm going to go study, my exams are soon." She looked up in time to see the new girl walking off. Vee waved casually at them and kept walking. Ery returned the wave and turned back to her friends. "Anyway, what will you two be doing?" she asked.

"I'm going on a date," one of her friends replied.

The other looked at her, amused and a little disappointed. Ery didn't understand why until she said, "Yeah, I remember now. You're dating an ex-con! He went to juvy for god's sake, what're you thinking?"

Ery's expression darkened as the conversation continued, though, in her mind, she was laughing. -Perfect- she thought -I can use this.- If she was a suspect, Ery knew that she would be on surveillance even after school. Not only might she get suspicion away from her, she may also find out more. She needed to plan more though.

((Alright, it might take me longer to reply now. *Full Kira-mode activated* >:D I'm going to be really evil now))

((Same here, more or less because I have a lot of RPs going at the moment (=_=) annnnd I have to study up on my detective skills or you are going to wipe the floor with me haha. I will try to post later on today, or tomorrow.))

((alright, I'm going to practice being eVil))

((Sorry this took me so long...I'm just not really sure on what to post DX))

Virus followed Near's directions perfectly. Taking the bus to the neighborhood and waiting around for a moment, before walking back to the base. She put in a special pass code and two doors slid open allowing her access to the SPK. Near sat huddled in a chair, facing the large monitors and computer screens. He had set up surveillance around Ery's house, as well as the two other suspects they had gained, and Virus groaned quietly into her hand. She hadn't gotten any information today, it was like the entire plan had been a waste of time, the plan would stay the same. She would either get Ery to give herself away by mistake, or come to trust Virus enough to expose her secret to her. Of course if Ery wasn't the new Kira, than maybe they would end up becoming good friends.

Virus slumped into a chair next to Near and watched with her eyebrows raised tiredly as he fiddled around with a few toys in front of him. Virus needed a better approach to this entire situation, or she wasn't getting anywhere.

((sorry it is so short))

((Sorry it's taking long >.< I'll get my post up as soon as I can))

Ery looked out the window, glancing at the sunset. Ryuk was bothering her, talking and talking. She sat down at her desk, taking out a book of crossword puzzles.

"Let's do this," she said to herself, mostly, her voice challenging. Ery motioned for Ryuk to come closer by twitching her shoulder.

In the lines of the crossword, she wrote a few words. Among them were the words 'possible' and 'surveillance'.

Ery yawned and stretched, her hand placed so that her index and middle finger pointed to the two words. She only hoped that Ryuk would catch her drift.