Death Date

S

Seiji

Original poster
Would you like to know the day you’re going to die ahead of time? Why, or why not?

I'd rather know. If I can't change it, then I'd be able to figure out what exactly to do with my life. I mean, if I'm going to live for another ninety years, I'd probably get a higher education, but if I'm gonna expire in less than a year, then there's no real reason for me to bother, and I could devote my time to helping others who will outlive me. I could use the college money to help out needy people and stuff...

No, i would not want to know. It would ruin the rest of my life....I would be constantly thinking about it....life would be like having an hour glass of sand with you at all times, it is already, but knowing the date would be too much man, too much.

I don't see what difference it really makes other than I'd be able to avoid making promises I couldn't keep and/or get more reckless because I know I won't die until that day arrives in which case it may be self fulfilling. I'd really rather not know.

I want to know, essentially for the same reason as Blade. If I'm going to die in three months, why the hell even bother going to class anymore when I could be doing things more important to me? I could live out my dreams, whereas if I didn't know... well, I'd have potentially spent the last day of my life taking awful exams (and wouldn't it be insult to injury for my parents to get the letter saying I failed it? xD)

And if I have a long time, well that doesn't change much. I expect to die in eighty years. Being told I will doesn't make that much different.

I want to know, essentially for the same reason as Blade. If I'm going to die in three months, why the hell even bother going to class anymore when I could be doing things more important to me? I could live out my dreams, whereas if I didn't know... well, I'd have potentially spent the last day of my life taking awful exams (and wouldn't it be insult to injury for my parents to get the letter saying I failed it? xD)

And if I have a long time, well that doesn't change much. I expect to die in eighty years. Being told I will doesn't make that much difference.