Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy, Thriller, Space Exploration, Slice of Life
deadly-at-delmoth.png

DEADLY AT DELMOTH

There's a cold fog rolling into the village of Tearling. Midnight draws near. You and a several of the other young villagers have decided to sneak out to the old castle Delmoth to explore the ruins, drink, and cause a little trouble. It's just some old ruins that used to belong to a Duke accused of necromancer a few hundred years ago. Nothing can go wrong... right?

EVENT INFO

WHO: Everyone is invited! Character Bios/Pics are not required, but totally encouraged! Post 'em if you got 'em.

WHAT: This is a FANTASY world setting with the typical things you'd expect in a fantasy. You're most like one of the young villagers (late teen to young adult) that just wanted to get out and have some FUN for once. You can also be someone who has come to these ruins by pure chance.

WHERE: Join us in the DEADLY IN DELMOTH chat room. You'll find the link to our chats in the CHAT tab when it's time to play.

HOW: This is a ACTION SETTING WITH IMPROVISATIONAL GAME MASTERING. That means the object of this roleplay is to interact with other characters, and from those interactions I will create a plot and story around you. There will be action moments, where strange events will happen and your characters will have to work together to resolve it. With this ChaRP "lol random" behaviors are discouraged -- what your character says and does will have in game consequences, so choose wisely!

My roleplays are always NEWBIE FRIENDLY so even if you are terrible at roleplay or have never participated in a ChaRP before, this will be easy for you to get involved in. :D Ask questions, let me know when you need help. I often give tips and direction out of character in the main chat room when people need a little direction.

EASY CHARP TIPS!

Try to show up a good 10 to 15 minutes before the ChaRP is to begin. That way you can read up on any important info, and it makes it easier for your GM to know how to start off the ChaRP when there's a head count.

Don't worry if another player is doing something similar to your idea. DO IT ANYWAY! Similarities and things in common happen in real life too. Everyone also plays differently, so two characters who are both "sweet and shy" will still end up being totally unique people. Two assassins could create a fun and interesting conflict!

Talking to other players about their character before the roleplay is a GREAT way to create connections and background for your own!

Post SHORT AND FAST. Charps are very quick pace and contain a LOT of players. Players can't wait 20 minutes for you to write a wall of text, and if there's too much text they won't be able to read it fast enough and will MISS details. If it takes you longer than two minutes to type your post, you are taking too long and might get lost in the action. This is an exercise in quick and concise writing!

Make sure your character name is mentioned in every post, close to the start of it if possible. This is especially helpful when there's many players, so we know who is playing what character.

Like in Real Life, a character may not be able to acknowledge or notice your character immediately because they are engaged in doing something else. (For example a new character walking in to the room, but the other characters arguing about muffins and do not see them.) Don't get discouraged if you go can't get someone to interact with you right away. Just keep posting and doing actions with your character, or even approach others who also seem to be idle and it WILL happen.

Do not take events in the roleplay personally or assume that bad reactions are because they think you/your character sucks. Everyone is playing a character and reacting to things as their character would!

I am going to try to play Shara for this but I am using a phone so my typing will probably be rubbish.

Welp I guess probably not. I can't find the chat on my phone so I guess it doesn't work with phones?

Due to unexpected real life things and a DUMB COLD we're going to reschedule this at a later date for a continuance! <3

• Diana:
    WELCOME TO DEADLY AT DELMOTH!
    Today at 9:36 AM​
  • Diana:

ONE SHOT - Deadly at Delmoth - Thursday October 20th @ 2pm to 5pm Central

DEADLY AT DELMOTH 2022-10-20T14:00:00-5 There's a cold fog rolling into the village of Tearling. Midnight draws near. You and a several of the other young villagers have decided to sneak out to the old castle Delmoth to explore the ruins, drink, and cause a little trouble. It's just some old...
    www.iwakuroleplay.com
    www.iwakuroleplay.com
    Today at 9:36 AM​
  • Diana:
    This is a high fantasy setting where a bunch of young villagers have sneaked off to some nearby ruins to do some exploring. Things are going to go terribly wrong.
    Today at 9:37 AM​
  • Diana:
    TYPE SHORT TYPE FAST! If you write too much or take too long, you will miss the action and people may not be able to read your posts fast enough. Keep it to 10 sentences and under.
    Today at 9:37 AM​
  • Diana:
    Put you character name in the first sentence of your post so we know who is playing who. You can also use bbcode color to differentiate your posts from others!
    Today at 9:38 AM​
  • Diana:
    Game Master posts are in this bright bold yellow. Pay attention to those because they are guiding the story!
  • Diana:
    My roleplays are always NEWBIE FRIENDLY, so don't worry about typos and mistakes. If you get confused or need a little direction, I am in the main chat to help!
  • Diana:
    (◉,◉) (◉◇◉) (⊙,◉) (⊙◇◉)
  • Diana:
    It is close to midnight near the village of Tearling. An owl hoots in the distance, as several young people of the village are out late pretending they're not in it to cause some trouble. The old ruins of the ancient Duke's home was a favored place to explore, drink, and cause a ruckus without getting caught! Everything looked as it always does, though a heavy fog was spiraling all around and it was awfully hard to keep those torches and lanterns lit.
    Today at 2:02 PM​
  • Zarko Straadi:
    SHARA slipped up to the ruins of the forgotten old chateaux. Maybe they would be a good place to conceal a camp from which she could case the village... But that fog brought back unnerving memories. Then she heard the sound of adolescent laughter and saw the blurred light of lanterns in the mist bobbing like will-o-wisps. The hairs on the back of her neck stood up. Creeping from shadow to shadow, she cautiously drew closer.
    Today at 2:14 PM​
  • Diana:
    One of those adolescents was miss Amira. barely 16, who thought this outing was the perfect way to rebel against her strict and boring family. She was bossily ordering about all the lads, trying to see who would be BRAVE ENOUGH to join her in exploring the strange stair case that seemed to lead down underground! "C'mon now, don't be a bunch of babies! At worst we'll find some bats!"
    Today at 2:20 PM​
  • Zarko Straadi:
    SHARA cupped her hands over her mouth to create a hollow echo and spoke from hiding with a deep voice. "Or the passage could just collapse and leave you entombed in the shivering darkness fooreeeverrr, muahahaha!"
    Today at 2:28 PM​
  • Diana:
    There was a chorus of yelping and screams! Young people bolted! At least a few of them.
    Today at 2:31 PM​
  • Diana:
    Though she was one of the screamers, Miss Amira was not one to fall for these sorts of tricks! She had a dozen brothers after all. "Who is lurking out here in the ruins! You show yourself right now, I'm gonna come in there after you!" she bravely said, even grabbing one of the torches from the boys.
    Today at 2:31 PM​
  • Zarko Straadi:
    SHARA choked back a sigh. After a moment she gave in and emerged silently from the ghostly swirls of moonlit mist. "I only did that so you'd go home and not die. Do any of you even know how to TELL if a passage is about to collapse?"
    Today at 2:39 PM​
  • Diana:
    "Obviously when the stones don't feel solid," chimed in a boy a few years older than Amira. "We come out here all the time, as long as you watch for loose rocks and don't do anything stupid!"
    Today at 2:43 PM​
  • Zarko Straadi:
    Maybe I'm just overreacting, SHARA thought. "So...none of you will do anything stupid?" she said. This time she did sigh. Sorry. Last time I saw some kids out on a lark like this, they did something stupid and some of them died."
    Today at 2:52 PM​
  • Diana:
    "I'm sure not going to do anything silly that gets me killed! It's all in good fun!" laughed Amira merrily! With her torch in hand, she bounced on her way, leading through the stones and rubble looking for that rumored stair entranced that would lead down below.
    Today at 2:54 PM​
  • The Mood is Write:
    A sharp wind whistled _up_ from the stairs. Chill and sharp and icy, it spread cold into the very bones of all still gathered.
    Today at 3:03 PM​
  • Zarko Straadi:
    SHARA decided to follow along just to make sure. She hadn't really spent any time around kids her own age since the Zoloto Clan got captured. She wasn't even sure she remembered how. Most of her time dealing with other people was focused on trying to get grownups to take her seriously.
    Today at 3:04 PM​
  • Diana:
    Amira got the shivers, but she wasn't scared of icy old drafts, those were perfectly normal! She even took the lead with her torch, being extra careful to check steps for stability before going further down.
    Today at 3:07 PM​
  • The Mood is Write:
    The torch guttered and nearly went out as another violent gust came up from below.
    Today at 3:10 PM​
  • Zarko Straadi:
    SHARA hugged the right wall of the staircase. It would protect her right flank while leaving her free to wield her sword with her left hand unhindered. If there were spaces under the stairs, the structure would be strongest next to the wall. Like Amira she carefully tested each stair.