DEAD M3TAL (Sign-up/OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooooh, I just might have to come up with a character for this. Cyborg zombies! :D

Name: Roc
Appearance: Encased in metal, of course. Her helmet-faceplate-whatever looks like it has a toothy crocodile grin, and the jaw hinges. She looks top-heavy, as her distinguishing feature is the immense bulk and power of her cybernetic arms. She doesn't look particularly feminine save for the tapered waist of her suit and a shock of synthetic blonde-and-pink hair on her helmet, only applied in a mohawk-width stripe but not styled as such (it flows wild, I guess shoulder-length-ish?). Think Vi from League of Legends, but much less human. I may add art later.

History: Originally a quite intelligent human by the name of Roxanne Farthing, she longed to be one of the pure upper caste that existed the way ancient humans did. She had a strict moral code and was judgmental of wrongdoing, including the deplorable actions of Deadmen who did not limit themselves to Crimsynth. She unfortunately ended up face-to-face with one of them on her way home from working overtime one evening (she was a bank accountant) when she was in her twenties; he left her for dead. But she was already turning, and there was nothing to be done. She was angry. Angry at her attacker, angry at the new desire to consume human flesh and blood that she felt brewing within her, angry at the feeling that she had once been clever but didn't feel clever anymore. Distressed by the knowledge that her mental capacities were so diminished that she would no longer adequately perform for her employers, she ran away from her old life and took up menial labor in whatever bouts she could hold onto, though she seemed most fond of working as a miner or lumberjack because she could take her frustration out on whatever she was digging/cutting. Her judgmental attitude never changed, and she remains furious at the Deadmen who "can't control themselves"...as well as at herself for feeling and constantly struggling with those same urges. She's much more prone to snap and turn violent than she used to be. She insists(!) on living as a law-abiding citizen, but the urge to mutilate things isn't far below the surface. Her disdain for her semi-metallic existence has long since dwindled away to resignation. She volunteered for Dead Metal because it would allow her to finally lash out at something in an excusable context: fighting the kind of Deadmen she despises.
Personality: Sour Prudes all the way. She's quite opinionated and in general has difficulty talking to people for long before making them dislike her. However, she follows orders very well. Her time as a Deadman has made her more brutish than she used to be (she occasionally succumbs to the urge to just want to chomp something), and though she will likely rejoice at having a clear head again once her mind is enhanced, a part of her will almost miss the old days of not thinking much.
Abilities: Her overgrown arms are a relic of her turning, and her fists pack a wallop. Thanks to her internment in Dead Metal, they've been enhanced with deadly spikes on the knuckles that should do formidable damage to anything she slams them into.

What do you expect from this RP?: Roc Smash!!
Other: Heroes of the Storm is far superior to much more casual-friendly than League of Legends and you guys should sign up for the beta right now.

Reactions: loviebeest
Ohhhhh, I'm very interested in this. I'll write up a CS soon. :D

Name: ARCS119T Absque, or 'Abby' for short.
Appearance: image.jpg

History: Once being a girl of promising aptitude, Abby was known for her vastly superior intellect among her peers, when they came around at least. She did not do well at manual labour, as her muscles seemed to be affected with a form of rust which required replacing to fix, though she and her family were poor beyond belief. Regarded as scrap, though holding a mind of brilliance, Abby was often outcast in both society and then by her family. In short, she had become almost incompetent due to her excessive thinking abilities, losing most if not all hope for living on with the years. Though, one day, suddenly, she perished from simply not moving for a long time, going brain dead before her prime.
This, however, opened new doors for Abby. Upon waking, when she really should have been dead, her mind seemed so clear, so clarified. Her form had changed drastically, and now, she had her mind 'fixed' of most of its instability. This caused her to be able to fight, and her cyborg body was something to behold. She was now ready for combat, in short, though she just couldn't remember what being... Well, she had forgotten her uneventful past, for now at least.
Personality: Abby is drawn to those who display interest in her, liking to have friends and while alone time is good, she'd rather be within a group of people, just to keep herself from thinking too much. If there's one thing she's retained from her past life, it is the way she's able to break down a situation within her mind and create opportunities to act, this being her specialty. She can be known to have a harsh tongue, but overall she does not like to lie.
Abilities: Her cyborg body holds a few weapons and flight systems good enough to get off the surface of a planet if needed, but there's nothing much beyond that. Her forearms house multibarrel spreadshot guns which can be devastating at closer range, and upon her left shoulder is a small tactical cannon, which can fire backwards, but cannot turn far enough as to hit her head, while that'd be fairly comedic. Her calves house two rockets which can be deployed at any given moment, though they require a lot of cool down time, and overusing them will melt them away. They can give her an extraordinary boost in agility at times of need.

What do you expect from this RP?: Battles, glorious battles.
Other: I've got a few RPs going on, so posting may be a bit limited. Though, I can usually push through mental barriers and get the job done. :3

Reactions: loviebeest
@Eisner Cerei Looks good! Since she's a genius in a robotic body, you might want to give her some out-of-combat abilities that suit geniuses, like hacking into cameras and things. Cops don't always go in shooting. Aside from that, welcome to Dead Metal.

I'll wait for one or two more cyborgs, then get the game started.

I was thinking that she'd be able to use most external devices to a degree which is considered 'genius', like say, hacking into a computer or hacking into cameras, I think all she'd need is a keyboard rather than having devices/software/etc which does it for her. I just thought having those things internally and a part of her body would be a bit much considering her battle prowess. Like I wouldn't want her to be too powerful in that kind of sense. Consider her as a manual genius, if that's alright of course.

Yeah, I totally get that. Of course, (with all the other cyborgs) she'll still need to undergo grueling training as of the start of the RP (which hopefully is soon).

That's definitely fair enough. Overall, she'd probably be able to pass, perhaps being under the average if there is one. I look forward to this~

Lona has wiring to hack stuff but she is not really a genius, so they could work together on that part.

Reactions: Ty Lee
Name: Cyrus Mitchell; Code name DR3 W01F, a.k.a Dire Wolf
Appearance: Cyrus stands at 5 feet tall and is 7 feet long from nose to back 8 when you factor in his tail

History: Born on a newly settled world Cyrus grew up learning to track and hunt animals to provide food for his family. When he become of age he joined the regular military, and due to his skills in stealth and hunting he was quickly sent to a SPEC OPS unit. Out on a mission his squad had the misfortune to run into a group of Gravediggers, he was the only survivor. Shipped to a medical facility he was debriefed and disavowed, he was informed of the extent of his injuries. Over 65 percent of his body destroyed beyond repair, he was given a choice slowly waste away in his bed or volunteer for a new unit of Deadmen being specialized to hunt down the crime syndicate known as Grave. Only one choice made sense to him, getting back at the ones who killed his squad, his best friends. On route to the lab where he'd get he'd be encased in dead metal, he was dose with cyanide and upon waking up he was in his new body. Shaped based upon his attributes while alive his new lupine form put emphasis on skills he'd acquired and honed while alive.
Personality: Cyrus is very calm and down to earth, very little can even effect his mood. Due to his form lacking vocal cords Cyrus is unable to communicate vocally and as such sends all his messages via text.
Abilities: Cyrus is equipped with a prototype chameleon armor which blends it's color to it's surroundings enabling a type of stealth that holds even when he fires his weapon. Cyrus's armor is also equipped with dual back mounted 30mm cannons that can rotate a full 360 degrees and incline 60 degrees, the cannons are able to fold down into his armor pointing backwards to ease movement in smaller places. Mounted on each shoulder is a collapsible high frequency blade, which vibrate at extremely high speeds enabling them to cut through almost anything even the hulls of ships given enough time. Cyrus can wield the blades in his mouth or can use open them on his shoulders so they resemble wings in a way.

What do you expect from this RP?: Awesomeness
Other: (Anything else you'd want us to know, like certain times you can't post or maybe a funny joke you heard before. You don't have to write anything here if you don't want to :P)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Bishop
@Arkane291 A sentient, undead, cybernetic wolf-cop? Just what we needed! I'll just wait on people who are still making characters, then we can start the RP.

Ooh! Ooh! I shall partake in this glorious endeavor as well!!

(sorry it's not very good, please let me know if anything should be changed :] )
CHARACTER SHEET:
Name: Catarina (now code named Viper)

Appearance: when alive, Catarina was 6'6 with an hourglass figure. Her long dark blonde hair reached her waist and her eyes were slightly narrowed and bright green, a contrast to her pale skin. Once, she might have being pretty. Now however, though she retains her hight and figure her body is made of metal as well as flesh. Her hands are slightly clawed and sharp, her heart is clearly viable in her chest but protected by a strange see through material. (the material's pretty durable but still break able) the most obvious change is her face. There is a large metal guard or mask that runs all the way around her lower jaw and obscures much of her face, her eyes remain the same though they have a more manic gleam and her hair is cut down to her shoulders.
cyborg.jpg
(please ignore the pink hair.. it's blonde and the face gaurd reaches over the top lip :] )

History: Catarina remembers very little of her time among the living and instead reflects upon her time dead. The only thing she can remember is a great deal of pain and as her breath slowed and rattled in her throat, her last words which were. 'surely I will return?' as a deadman her craving for flesh sent her totally insane, even to the point where she'd try to eat what little flesh she still had. Luckily for herself she eventally managed to control her urges, with the help of the mask placed upon the lower half of her face. It was quickly established that Catarina's death made her even more violent then what she was in life, and it was recommended she join Dead Metal (she didn't have much choice in the matter) where someone of her.. nature could be out to good use.

Personality: Catarina has a short fuse and a horribly bad temper, as well as very violent mood swings that people are only warned by when she roars. "I'LL PUNCH YOUR LIGHTS OUT!" she's very impulsive and will charge into things head first without thinking about it. She has more fun loving side and often clowns around with people, she's also very brave. She's also very loud and you often hear Catarina before you see her, ether stomping around or shouting at some poor sap.

Abilities: Catarina's main ability is her strength, her suit makes her a pretty strong opponent. However if any of the suit get's damaged, Catarina's strength wanes until it becomes her natural strength. Her weapon of choice is her glove claws, these gloves fit over her hands and act as blades. In short, Catarina's method of attack is close and personal.. give her range and she'll end up accidentally re killing everyone.

What do you expect from this RP?: comedy, drama, ZOMBIES, AWESOMENESS! :]
Other: uhh.. I think there was somethin' I was going to put here.. :]

(sorry it's not very good, please let me know if anything should be changed :] )
CHARACTER SHEET:
Name: Catarina (now code named Viper)

Appearance: when alive, Catarina was 6'6 with an hourglass figure. Her long dark blonde hair reached her waist and her eyes were slightly narrowed and bright green, a contrast to her pale skin. Once, she might have being pretty. Now however, though she retains her hight and figure her body is made of metal as well as flesh. Her hands are slightly clawed and sharp, her heart is clearly viable in her chest but protected by a strange see through material. (the material's pretty durable but still break able) the most obvious change is her face. There is a large metal guard or mask that runs all the way around her lower jaw and obscures much of her face, her eyes remain the same though they have a more manic gleam and her hair is cut down to her shoulders.
View attachment 37058
(please ignore the pink hair.. it's blonde and the face gaurd reaches over the top lip :] )

History: Catarina remembers very little of her time among the living and instead reflects upon her time dead. The only thing she can remember is a great deal of pain and as her breath slowed and rattled in her throat, her last words which were. 'surely I will return?' as a deadman her craving for flesh sent her totally insane, even to the point where she'd try to eat what little flesh she still had. Luckily for herself she eventally managed to control her urges, with the help of the mask placed upon the lower half of her face. It was quickly established that Catarina's death made her even more violent then what she was in life, and it was recommended she join Dead Metal (she didn't have much choice in the matter) where someone of her.. nature could be out to good use.

Personality: Catarina has a short fuse and a horribly bad temper, as well as very violent mood swings that people are only warned by when she roars. "I'LL PUNCH YOUR LIGHTS OUT!" she's very impulsive and will charge into things head first without thinking about it. She has more fun loving side and often clowns around with people, she's also very brave. She's also very loud and you often hear Catarina before you see her, ether stomping around or shouting at some poor sap.

Abilities: Catarina's main ability is her strength, her suit makes her a pretty strong opponent. However if any of the suit get's damaged, Catarina's strength wanes until it becomes her natural strength. Her weapon of choice is her glove claws, these gloves fit over her hands and act as blades. In short, Catarina's method of attack is close and personal.. give her range and she'll end up accidentally re killing everyone.

What do you expect from this RP?: comedy, drama, ZOMBIES, AWESOMENESS! :]
Other: uhh.. I think there was somethin' I was going to put here.. :]
Are she and Roc twins separated at birth? XD I could see them having some love-hate chemistry as the melee fighting team.

*laughs* I just read your form and they might well be, I didn't realise how similar they were..(I can change Cat a bit if you like?) :] I can also see the potental love-hate.. though Cat might piss Roc off though with her attitude :]

Name: Sluagh "Doc" Matpine
Appearance:
D1Gu4ir.jpg

History: Sluagh was part of a sect of deadmen that had devoted themselves to researching the past to discover the origins of deadmen and work towards a future of peaceful coexistence between the living and undead. That was until a group of Gravediggers burnt the commune that Sluagh was a part of to the ground and killing almost everyone with it. Unlike the rest of the survivors who went into hiding, Sluagh swore vengeance on the gravediggers and took it upon himself to avenge his fallen brethren. Utilizing his vast knowledge of long forgotten technologies. Sluagh took the moniker of "Doc", and set off to find a way to get back at the gravediggers. This led him to eventually become part of the dead metal project.

Personality: Sluagh is one of the oldest deadmen around and will often refer to anyone else as if they were children. He is very eccentric, often building or studying something to sate his thirst for knowledge. He loves anything old and will often make obscure references.

Abilities: While Sluagh is not that athletic or talented in close combat, he personally worked with the technicians who upgraded him. This resulted in him literally becoming a walking power source. A small prototype fusion generator powers Sluagh and electricity can be seen sparking off of any exposed internal wiring. If needed, Sluagh can emit powerful arcs of lightning from his body that while very powerful, are hard to aim and might endanger those around him. Sluagh also makes his own weapons. With a vast amount of knowledge about the past, Sluagh has discovered many forgotten weapon designs and loves to make use of them. He can create a weapon out of almost anything and loves to toy with untested (and often unstable) weaponry.

What do you expect from this RP?: an awesome and zany fun time that will finally let me utilize my large library of gun pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.