Dead Ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The more people that die the more undead we deal with" catriona said quietly "but if you say so. Survival of the fittest I guess." Catriona said with a scrunched face. " I can't believe this is actually happening" she half laughed. " I mean we always talk about the apocalypse and such, and now... Yeah. Never thought it would end this way."

"Alright slow down buddy, I don't think you're going to need grenades. Just, don't make a lot of noise okay?" she mumbled taking a right turn, towards the science lab. "So you say these guys are worth gettin out? Why? What makes you think they can cure this bs more than the scientists that already tried?" She asks, checking around a corner.

"Psssh, what scientists tried?" I said. "They're too busy saving their own lives. Plus I happen to know one of the guys there and they're virologists. If anyone can stop this thing, its them. And i was just letting you know our loadout, since you seem to be the boss around here."

"Well I guess now all we can hope is that they're still alive." she mumbled. They approached the lab, it was a tall building. Made of concrete with only 5 or 6 windows on its whole structure. "So if it comes down to it, who is most important to our goal of curing the infection?" she asked. She needed to know who would be their best chance at making a cure, if there is one.

"The head of the lab is Dr. Stephen Rosenberg." I replied. "He has been working with viruses since he was 18 and he has 2 PhD's in Virology. He is currently in his 40's and has been the head of the lab for 5 years. However, at this point, we will take anyone we can get."

"Alright. Rosenberg is our primary, but if it comes down to it, leave him." Selista pushed open the door to an eerily quiet building. She has 5 years of military special ops under her belt. She pulled out a flashlight from one of the pouches on her holster belt and clicked it on. They were in the lobby and she turned to the boy, "Do you have an idea as to which floor they could be sheltered on?" she asked, looking around the empty lobby for a stairwell.

"We go left," said my girlfriend. She had been to this lab before. "They have a bunker in the basement where there are some supplies." She pointed to the right. "That way goes up to the lab, where the equipment is."

"So let's check the bunker first. If any of these guys were sensible, thats where they'd be. Lead the way, Rebecca." Selista motioned for her to take the spot in front. Selista had never been inside this lab before, so it was probably better for someone who has to lead.

"Okay" said Rebecca. She strode to the side of the doors, and peered inside. "No signs of zombies, but I do hear some of them." She stepped forward and towards the stairwell that led to the basment. "Down there" she said, motioning to the dimly lit stairwell. I followed her.

Pamela gave her old desk one more shove. The grotesque face of the principle seemed plastered to the other side of the narrow window. "Won't even leave me alone after you're dead, will ya?" the young English teacher said half-mockingly. She collapsed into one of the chairs, briefly thankful she hadn't managed to get a job at the elementary school where the furniture would have been too small. As if she couldn't have sat on the floor.

Pamela's stomach rumbled. Her sack lunch hadn't lasted long. Fortunately there was a sink in the room, so she wouldn't die of thirst. It used to be a science room, but there had been a lot of shuffling the year before Pamela came to work here.

Inside the same research/science facility that another group of survivors had decided to search for people in, another man had his own search. His was very different, though.

He strode through backdoors, armed with a long-handled hammer, dead-set on eliminating every creature inside; all the scientists, all the undead, and anything else that might cause trouble. The 30-year-old remembered this place, and had scars to prove his existance inside, and now with the apocalypse upon the world, it was his time to Purge. Just as the movie was based off of, this was his own never-ending 12 hours of purging, and he was going to use it until he was tired or convinced otherwise.

Almost immediately, he ran into 'trouble.' A duo of the creatures turned at his footsteps, and screeched at him. Moments later, he was about to be tackled by a former white-clad couple, probably sneaking off for private time before finding themselves being eaten and turned.

He dealt with them both with a strong, left-to-right blow that crunched into the side of the man's ribcage, shoving him into his bloody female companion, and sending them both into the wall of the corridor. Another blow crushed the head of the female; the male had recovered and was scrambling across the floor towards the retreating human, spine, ribs, and left arm all out of line.

The next blow splattered the man's head into the ground, the hammer's force driving it through the skull and to the ground, so hard that it made a resounding CRACK! as it smashed into the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.