DC's Birds of Prey

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Captain iOS

Original poster
After an extensive search O.R.A.C.L.E. sent out a numerous invitations to various super heroes and vigilantes. The invitation came in numerous ways. Barbara Gordon's invitation came in the form of her computer was hacked which she could track with some difficulty. Heather Bardsley's invitation came in the form of a hired goon who would leave cryptic messages that referenced her name at birth and the augmentations done to her, they also gave off a stalker vibe, which would force her to confront her past instead of hiding from it and to hunt down the person leaving the messages. Alisand'r's invitation came in the form of a series of commercials which were altered to include Tamaranean language, the ability to read the message was not enough it forced her to decrypt it using a decryption key found in another commercial. Jin Ifriti's invitation came in the form of a lawyer getting her released contingent upon making restitution, with each person she made restitution to she would be provided with a portion of the longitude and latitude coordinates.

Upon reaching the tower each recruit must prove their worth by navigating twenty-five floors of mazes, which also serves to slow down anyone who will eventually seek revenge against the team. Past the mazes they find a floor dedicated to research doesn't matter the subject. To go along with the research floor is a floor dedicated to development of any gadget, device, tool, etc. Past those floors they find eleven floors dedicated to anyone who chooses to live at the tower full time or for those seeking a place to rest part of the time. To keep the team members in shape there is a floor dedicated as a gym with every type of workout equipment imaginable. To help the team members relax there is a floor wide spa. To build up team work and maintain skills while not on mission there is a simulation deck that provides hard light holographic situations for team members to deal with. If they ever need to manufacture anything for any reason a fully functioning manufacturing plant takes up two floors. A floor dedicated to maintenance of the tower, the vehicles, and anything else. A supermax detention center and interrogation suite comprises one floor, any escape attempts are lethally dealt with by O.R.A.C.L.E. A floor is dedicated for maintaining any team members' health be it a need to see an OB/GYN, dentist, surgery, anything medical is all possible. After surgery they may need to be closely monitored or rushed back into surgery so a floor is dedicated to recovery. The tower is staffed with robots controlled by O.R.A.C.L.E., these robot clean every floor daily, provide medical care, act as security, and fulfill any service as needed, they require daily recharging and are given their own floor to serve that purpose. Whenever the team needs to gather to for official business they have a command center on one floor, it is referred to as Bird Cage by the team. The final floor which is off limits to every member of the team is O.R.A.C.L.E.'s home, the super computer and the cooling unit dedicated to prevent the super computer from overheating. On the roof is a landing pad for any vehicle capable of vertical take-off and landing, currently a helicopter is parked on the roof.

Barbara Gordon was at the grocery store when she got an alert on her smartphone, she dropped everything and set down in the middle of the aisle and furiously tapped away for twenty minutes. She prevented the hacker from breaching her system. She remotely shut down everything. She raced back to her apartment. She started up several security measures before rebooting her system. As soon as her system was back up the hacker was again trying to breach it. She began hacking back. After an hour and half of defending her system and hacking her hacker she got the physical location of the hacker.

Heather Bardsley started to receive notes, but over the course of a month the notes began to become creepy then disturbing ultimately becoming threats. At first Heather ignored them, when they started threatening to reveal the intimate details of her life, her crimes, and her illegal alterations. She put on her Huntress costume and hunted down the person responsible. After an intense fight with the meta human goon that resulted in the destruction of five cars and a abandoned building collapsing she was given an address.

Black Bat and Huntress arrived at the location at virtually the same time. They talked for a few minutes before they agreed to team up. Once inside the tower Black Bat pulled out a new and customized smartphone that had absolutely no connections with her systems back home, she plugged into the tower. While Black Bat furiously tapped away on her phone doing god knows what, Huntress made sure nothing or no one attacked. She clocked several robots doing what appeared to be maid duties. One appeared to take note of them but it went about it's duties. "BB this place is weird, they got robots who are just cleaning and not even responding to our presence." Black Bat didn't even look up. "I believe the methods that brought us here were some kind of test. At the moment we are the only humans in the building. The first twenty-five floors would make an incredible defense mechanism, it is pure genius." Black Bat unplugged her phone. "I have downloaded the floor plan for the entire building, way to easy. We can navigate the maze completely unimpeded." Took them approximately six hours to navigate the maze. "God that was the most tedious thing ever." Huntress slumped into a chair in the research wing. "The person who designed that maze is sadistic. I have got to meet whoever it is, I so want them to put Batman through it minus the computer to hack into." Black Bat pulled Huntress to her feet. "Come on it's easy going from here just one elevator to ride up to the forty-ninth floor.

In the command center Black Bat and Huntress were greeted by an image that rotated to another image. "Welcome to the Birds of Prey. I am O.R.A.C.L.E. an artificial intelligence. I have invited you here to act a counter balance to the Justice League their treaty with the United Nations limits them to only acting within the boarders of member nations. That also makes them answerable to the politics of the day, it also means that if a member nation were to threaten another that their hands would be tied until they were given the okay to respond. Their limited area of functionality leaves big areas of the world ripe for super villains to exploit. That is unacceptable to me, I lack the ability to do anything about any threats that arise, which is why I invited you here. You two are the first to arrive. I have sent out other invitations, they should arrive shortly."

Status
Not open for further replies.