DCEU superhero Rp? [Criticisms and Scrutiny not included]

I have the villain(s) ready I think. Requests for more/foreshadowed antagonists?

• HIVE

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • ARGUS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Penguin

• Scarecrow

• Lex Luthor Jr.

• Vandal Savage

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Ra's al Ghul

• Deathstroke

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gratitude: You're welcome, Team Leader Spider-Man. Announcement: Oh, look, hostiles. Humble request: May I kill them now?

The musical artist. Sting. You don't know who this is? Fields of Gold? Shape of My Heart? Every Breath You Take? Roxanne?

Wore a metal mankini in the David Lynch version of Dune?

He was the original design inspiration for Constantine, from way back in his early appearances in Swamp Thing.

[baffled] How the heck do you not know who Sting is? [/baffled]
OH WAIT I DO KNOW STING LOL

....kinda thought you meant the wrestler mate....ewwh lol

@mr_pibbs - if you play robin/nightwing, this conversation must happen

Nightwing: <saying something important>

Constantine: Don't you have a statue to go shit on, Pigeon?

Oooh Tigress nice choice! I have a 1x1 DCEU rp where the other was Starfire (or a variant of her). Not saying that to say anything we can always rationalize another alien on Earth even before Superman is known about. What did you have in mind for them?
For Tigress/Artemis I am first off going to make her a true relation to Green Arrow and my idea is that perhaps with this variant of her that she has untapped abilities and that she was recruited from a young age to train under Arrow alongside that of her sister , Cheshire to avoid falling into the clutches of their father. Don't want to give away all my secrets on that one quite yet. My other idea referring to Starfire is that she crash landed on Earth as a child whilst her parents were attempting to escape Assassination. Only to be killed in the process and choose to save her. Their plan was to use an amulet to change appearance and live among the human race.. (Noted. They were already wearing them at the time and activated.)She was found and adopted believing she was but a mere human until one day she is forced to take a stand to only discover them and be recruited and trained under a certain hero.. Of course I am keeping that name a fun secret too. Basically a non ditsy and braver version of her. ^^

For Tigress/Artemis I am first off going to make her a true relation to Green Arrow and my idea is that perhaps with this variant of her that she has untapped abilities and that she was recruited from a young age to train under Arrow alongside that of her sister , Cheshire to avoid falling into the clutches of their father. Don't want to give away all my secrets on that one quite yet. My other idea referring to Starfire is that she crash landed on Earth as a child whilst her parents were attempting to escape Assassination. Only to be killed in the process and choose to save her. Their plan was to use an amulet to change appearance and live among the human race.. (Noted. They were already wearing them at the time and activated.)She was found and adopted believing she was but a mere human until one day she is forced to take a stand to only discover them and be recruited and trained under a certain hero.. Of course I am keeping that name a fun secret too. Basically a non ditsy and braver version of her. ^^
Hmm...I think the Tigress line will fit more into the street level rp this will start out with. Also, we don't know how Oliver Queen will be adapted but DCEU seems adamant so far about keeping source material true so it'd probably be best to keep her the daughter of Tigress and Sportsmaster, learning their skills and becoming a stellar athlete but learning about her family's criminal past. I don't really mind if you take the hero or villain route because she's been both (Anti-Hero?) but it'd be better to keep her story true as it is already grounded.

Plus, she'd be a great asset and a unique character from the start without having to have ties to anyone big and depend on that relationship

• Love
Reactions: Shayla
Shazam is getting a movie in 2019 so we don't know the direction DCEU will take it. I would advise against it.

Static is definitely open though, just have to find a way to rationalize the mutagenic gas that gives him his powers. Which is easy
Static Shock it is then. I was thinking that since his character had a background in science that it could be a S.T.A.R. Labs accident or simply keeping it the way it happened, a gang war incident gone awry

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
@ch0sen1

if you're wanting the gritty realistic element, then a variation on Constantine I can try out is that he may not actually know magic.

the best Hellblazer tales were never about his spellcasting or ritual magic, they were about how he out-smarted or out-gambited everyone. so why not just escalate that?

everyone just thinks he's this great magician.

he's actually a normal guy who just lets everyone think he knows magic. he probably just tricks all of his associates who can actually use magic to do any rituals for him or something.

to stay true to character, he'd have to written in such a way that its left ambiguous if he knows magic or not, but the great trick he's playing is that, nope, he's completely mundane.

Alright, just thought I'd throw Bat-fleck out there if you wanted ^^

And this seems to be chocking up to a pretty fun team! Looking forwards to the 3-5ths of the Titans meeting up xD (unless you want to count Artemis, since I believe she was a member of the team in the comics at somepoint?)

Reactions: ch0sen1
Constantine: <looks around at his team mates> Any of you above the age of eighteen? Can any of you even shave? <beat> Well, bollocks.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Constantine: <looks around at his team mates> Any of you above the age of eighteen? Can any of you even shave? <beat> Well, bollocks.

Robin/Nightwing: Says the guy who clearly smells like tobacco and cheap scotch. Not to mention the trench coat. We've already got 'The Flash', we don't want 'The Flasher'.

@ch0sen1

if you're wanting the gritty realistic element, then a variation on Constantine I can try out is that he may not actually know magic.

the best Hellblazer tales were never about his spellcasting or ritual magic, they were about how he out-smarted or out-gambited everyone. so why not just escalate that?

everyone just thinks he's this great magician.

he's actually a normal guy who just lets everyone think he knows magic. he probably just tricks all of his associates who can actually use magic to do any rituals for him or something.

to stay true to character, he'd have to written in such a way that its left ambiguous if he knows magic or not, but the great trick he's playing is that, nope, he's completely mundane.
You can take that approach and that would add a mystery element to him, like a magic Batman in he's hiding his greatest feats, but in reality I want him to actually know magic. He'll definitely need it and will become key in helping figure out who "dark girl" (Raven) is.

Static Shock it is then. I was thinking that since his character had a background in science that it could be a S.T.A.R. Labs accident or simply keeping it the way it happened, a gang war incident gone awry
How about we mix the two? Virgil caught up in a gang war was hit by SWAT testing a prototype suppression gas developed by STAR Labs that had a bit too much "kick" in it?

• Love
Reactions: WanderingWriter
Robin/Nightwing: Says the guy who clearly smells like tobacco and cheap scotch. Not to mention the trench coat. We've already got 'The Flash', we don't want 'The Flasher'.

Robin/Nightwing: Says the guy who clearly smells like tobacco and cheap scotch. Not to mention the trench coat. We've already got 'The Flash', we don't want 'The Flasher'

Robin/Nightwing: Don't you have a dry cleaner to visit?

Constantine: Oh, I like you, stool Pigeon. <checks his coat for Lucky Strikes> Hey, I'm outta fags. I hear from Batman that you are some?

Robin/Nightwing: Don't you mean 'got some?'

Constantine: <cat smile>

Robin/Nightwing: Says the guy who clearly smells like tobacco and cheap scotch. Not to mention the trench coat. We've already got 'The Flash', we don't want 'The Flasher'

Constantine: Oh, I like you, stool Pigeon. <checks his coat for Lucky Strikes> Hey, I'm outta fags. I hear from Batman that you are some?

This is giving me chillbumps <3

But btw Batman is a total myth and ghost in the beginning so no one but Robin would know 100% that he's real

This is giving me chillbumps <3

But btw Batman is a total myth and ghost in the beginning so no one but Robin would know 100% that he's real
does that matter for the sake of a gag? batman is a myth...so is, say, Hercules. yet he'd be mentioned in common parlance. ergo, we can bandy about batman's name.

and sure, I can keep Constantine with magic abilities.

Reactions: ch0sen1
@Razilin I can definitely see Raven as a bridge for Titans team up with the others, but also a DCEU member of JL Dark with John because of her mysticism and superdimensional powers.

we don't have enough magic characters to justify creating JL Dark off the bat

Classy. ;)

To clarify: is everything we set up by ourselves still canon, @ch0sen1? Or are we reworking things to accommodate the larger world?

On that note: same starting point?

Classy. ;)

To clarify: is everything we set up by ourselves still canon, @ch0sen1? Or are we reworking things to accommodate the larger world?

On that note: same starting point?
I'm not sure I understand, but I think both?

We're developing our characters true to their source while also adhering to the DCEU. And I posted an entry in Gotham as has Raz so sure.

I'm not sure I understand, but I think both?

We're developing our characters true to their source while also adhering to the DCEU. And I posted an entry in Gotham as has Raz so sure.

Answered my own question by looking at the group xD

Status
Not open for further replies.